Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Oh lookie here...something making fun of us atheists! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollwhores
  GIMME GOLD
View Results

reverie0312

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:12 am
De Psycho Lil Beasteh
Quote:
"If you are atheist you fall into these demographies:

1. Has NO concept of weirdo and none-weirdo

This is too incoherent to respond to. Clearly, in America, atheism is abnormal. However, in many other places, theism is abnormal. So what is "weirdo" depends on where you live. Also, whether or not something is "weirdo" has no bearing on whether it is true or not. The concept that the world was round was pretty "weirdo" in Copernicus' day...

2. Filled with pride and think you[']r[e] to[o] smart to have faith

Yes, actually.

3. Thinks scientific evidence is the ULTIMATE evidence and wont think on any other grounds

No, not quite. I tend to delve into philosophical thinking quite a bit, and from the perspective of philosophy there are several legitimate criticisms of science. Pragmatically speaking, though, of course I side with science, because it has practical benefits. Besides, the implication that science is dogmatic is nonsense -- one of the tenets of the scientific method is that when you're proven wrong, you fix your theory or throw it out and search for a new one. That's the farthest thing from unthinking dogma you could possibly come up with.

4. Thinks life is ALL about sex

Nope. But I don't beat myself up over sexual desire, either.

5. More likely to become a criminal as you believe there is no supreme being that will punish you for your sins no matter what.

Patently false. Empirically, I've found that atheists tend to stick to their personal ethical codes much better than theists, because the atheists have reasonable codes and know why they believe in them. Theists, on the other hand, are typically the opposite.

6. More likely to be a coward as you don[']t think your soul will be saved if you have been faithful enough.

The average Christian is likely to be a coward, thanks to their subservience training; the extraordinary Christian is likely to be a fool because they are too eager to be a martyr. Atheists, on the other hand, are entirely reasonable. We know that this life is all we get, so when we choose to sacrifice it in the name of some other person or some other cause, that sacrifice is far more worthy, because it is truly a sacrifice for the sake of the cause or the person.

7. stupid

Right, and that's why intelligence and higher education correlate with atheism, and have a reverse correlation to theism...

8. Likely to go to hell

Except hell doesn't exist.

9. All of the above"

Wow, this kid can't even come up with ten whole reasons why atheists suck. Even I could do better than that, and I AM an atheist...

I found that on a site somewhere..anyway, post comments or something.

Fixed.

That was a waste of my life...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:04 pm
Fairyfly, another who loves to fix peoples' typos/writos/thinkos. <3  

Theophrastus

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:12 am
De Psycho Lil Beasteh
Quote:
"If you are atheist you fall into these demographies:

1. Has NO concept of weirdo and none-weirdo
2. Filled with pride and think your to smart to have faith
3. Thinks scientific evidence is the ULTIMATE evidence and wont think on any other grounds
4. Thinks life is ALL about sex
5. More likely to become a criminal as you belieave there is no supreem being that will punish you for your sins no matter what.
6. More likely to be a coward as you dont think your soul will be saved if you have been faithful enough.
7. stupid
8. Likely to go to hell
9. All of the above"

I found that on a site somewhere..anyway, post comments or something.

1) wtf is that supposed to mean? weirdo
2) sounds like someone has the case of arrogant ignorance
3) well not necessarily true but so what? evidence is evidence. you can see it touch it smell it feel it. i don't think there is anything more legitament from a logical point of view then what you can see right in front of you.
4)only if they're hyper sexual you dumbass
5).....can someone give me a shotgun? this guy is a completely freaking idiot.
6)kinda hard to be a coward of something you don't even believe in DIP s**t.
7)awww he's speaking about himself
cool uh well....^^; that wasn't necessary to say
9) DEE DEE dee  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:36 pm
Wow. I cant believe I wasted my time reading that list. Everyone's pretty much proven the guy's an idiot, so there's nothing really for me to add.  

sora987

x Kanetsugu Naoe x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:00 am
I thought Christians were supposed to be tollerant?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:13 pm
Holland_sof
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Freebird4077

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:30 pm
Well, that gave me a good laugh.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:08 am
Holland_sof

they....just some are idiots smile oops there goes my tolerance  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:30 am
What bull! That list is total crud! evil  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:36 pm
Christan is just a synonym for ignorant hypocrite.  

Sergeant CJ

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:00 pm
That didn't even make me mad...it just made me laugh really hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:50 pm
ATHEISM KILLS.... some scary stats

Here's something made to poke fun of us, just see for yourself. Also, read the comments, should provide some entertainment.  

Arios V

PrezarioKaiser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:21 pm
Arios V

Here's something made to poke fun of us, just see for yourself. Also, read the comments, should provide some entertainment.

I love the info from the person who posted it:
"Remember, your beliefs define your actions."

So then your actions should define your beliefs too, right? Well, this guy's going about this like a complete douchebag, so every religion that preaches any form of kindness is out of the question... what's that, like, all of them? Hey, welcome to the dark side!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:13 pm
PrezarioKaiser
Arios V

I love the info from the person who posted it:
"Remember, your beliefs define your actions."

So then your actions should define your beliefs too, right? Well, this guy's going about this like a complete douchebag, so every religion that preaches any form of kindness is out of the question... what's that, like, all of them? Hey, welcome to the dark side!

Goose, gander, lulz.  

Theophrastus

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:01 pm
Arios V

Anyone notice the fact that the vast majority of deaths listed were direct results of political agendas and not religious agendas? Very, very crucial flaw. Communism is fundamentally different, in a staggering variety of ways, from atheism. NEVER confuse the two.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff