Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Novel Discussion:: (ReVote!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Resident Evil novel was the best?
  Zero Hour
  The Umbrella Conspiracy
  Caliban Cove
  City Of The Dead
  Underworld
  Nemesis
  Code: Veronica
  Genesis
  Apocalypse
  Extinction
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:54 am
If you know the game's storyline, then you might as well start with Zero Hour. But yeah, Umbrella Conspiracy is a must and definitely the two original ones, Caliban Cove and Underworld.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:39 pm
Yea I know the storyline, so I'll see if I can find the books lol, hopefully borders carries them. If not, it's time for eBay. Thanks btw appreciate the input, been thinking of reading them for a while but haven't cuz I never actually heard anyone said they were good or some form of criticism.  

Angelus Drakonis

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:44 pm
That's because not enough people read these days. I don't read very often myself, but Resident Evil series the first 6 books I finished in less than 2 weeks, I was hooked.

And they're not as difficult to find as you might think, at least I found them easy enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:50 pm
It's very sad how people let good literature go to waste, I for one LOVE READING. But it's always hard for me to find a book that interests me. Like a couple weeks ago I found a book called City of the Dead and I read through that in like 2 days, and it's a 300 something page book. I can't believe you read six books in two weeks lol, most I've read in two weeks are like 3, because I like taking breaks and such.

I already found it lol, it was pretty easy. I just gotta check my store availability and if not, just order it.

By the way, you wouldn't know if they had it hardcover would you? I prefer my books hard cover, makes my library area look cooler XD.  

Angelus Drakonis

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:23 pm
I'm assuming you're not talking about, "Resident Evil: City of the Dead"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 pm
No, sadly it wasn't but it was still pretty good, it kept me hooked. It's by Brian Keene. Not RE... but still good, kind of disgusting in some parts though lol.  

Angelus Drakonis

metalcore501

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:02 pm
I read the first 2 and worte a book reeport on them for school, my teacher hates gory and scary books like that. It was fun watching her listen to stuff about the books, I would have to say my favorite was Re: the umbrella conspiricy  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm
I suggest you read the rest. At least up to Underworld and Zero Hour. Nemesis and Code Veronica aren't the best.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:08 am
I actually found out about the novelizations on Wikipedia. (Everything is on there, you know? xd ) Once I saw that, I started digging for them.

We live in kind of a rural area, so locating them was depressingly difficult, for someone who has like...No spending cash. sweatdrop But I did manage to come across them on our local library system; all but "Zero Hour", anyway. I started out with "City Of The Dead", not only because Leon is just so spiff, but because they came in from another library out of order. Heheh...

Once I got through that, I was pretty ravenous for the rest. Even the original ones are fantastic! I was actually very pleasantly surprised, since I've had bad luck with other series done in similar fashions. It just hurt to have to give them back. crying I'm currently in the process of buying them to keep in my collection, so I would love to know if anyone out there has any ideas as to where I might find them, besides places like half.com and eBay.

We did come across "Zero Hour" later on, on half.com, no less. And discovered that a little, hidden book store in a neighboring town had a few of them, so I got to pick up "City Of The Dead". heart I can honestly say though that "Zero Hour" was beyond hard to find for some reason. Did anybody else have that problem?? Or even with another of the books?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:04 am
The only one I read was Code Veronica, and I agree that they cut a lot of stuff out. But in my opinion, if she put everythin from the game into the book, there would be no suspense. You probably already knew what was going to happen just by playing the game, so she had to do something to make it a little different from the game.  

StriderHayato

JeffesinFerre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:16 am
The only one I haven't read was Code Veronica. Definitely for hardcore fans, if you love RE you'll love the books...maybe not Caliban Cove or Underworld, but you'll love the rest.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:03 pm
StriderHayato
The only one I read was Code Veronica, and I agree that they cut a lot of stuff out. But in my opinion, if she put everythin from the game into the book, there would be no suspense. You probably already knew what was going to happen just by playing the game, so she had to do something to make it a little different from the game.
No... The game simply didn't have those parts back then, like the Chris and Wesker fight at the end, that was made for CVX after the book was already out. But still, taking the longest game and making it the shortest book? I think Perry was spreading herself very thin creatively by that point.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MaskedHand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:25 pm
Ugh, Code Veronica SUCKED! scream

I've just gotten done reading it. Too lovey-dovey in every line and every paragraph of the book. Including the part with Chris, Barry, and Leon.

Wasn't much for Nemesis, either; kinda made Nemesis out to be a powder puff.

Favorites so far were 1, 2, and Caliban Cove(especially Caliban Cove).
I'm about to read Zero Hour(yes, I'm reading them in succession).

And holy hell, she STILL hasn't written 4? Not even a WIP? She has a contract to fulfill! evil  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:56 pm
Maybe she decided not to write a book based on such a crappy storyline.

Anyway, like I said with Code Veronica it's like...

Umbrella Conspiracy came out in 1998, Code Veronica came out in 2000, that's 6 books in 2 years... That's a whole lot of books! By the end, I imagine she was so drained she didn't have the creativity to write Code Veronica at its full potential.

Damn it! She should have waited a year, until 2001, then recouperated, and written Code Veronica based on (then released) X which includes all the stuff that CV didn't have.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MaskedHand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:25 am
Didn't really look at the timespan in which she wrote the books; but damn, that is a lot of books.

Zero Hour was written in 2004, though, so I don't think she is completely done writing Resident Evil novels.

The storyline for 4 wasn't great, but it would make a decent read. Especially if she decided to give Krauser his own little storyline like she did with Nicholai. surprised  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games