Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
What should i do? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should I learn alot of chinese over the summer and ask her out in chinese?
yes
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
no
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

berryscary1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:07 pm
t0shi0
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So we have assumed she is mandarin?

xD

yah,iv'e talked to this person thats kinda like the aid for all of the chinese students i think  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:09 pm
..that's a long, long time. When I moved to Britain I was fluent in English within a few months. I realise I was younger then and it's easier to learn languages when you're smaller but judging even by some of the girls who come and board at my school when they're in their late teens, her English should definitely be good enough with two or three years in an English-speaking environment.

Anyway, I still say become good friends first. (:

EDIT :: Also, please do not make multiple posts, put all your replies in the same one. (: Thank you.

Niphz
Crew

berryscary1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:12 pm
soumakisa
    × yeah.. and if u wanna ask her out to the movies
    it is said this way:

ni xi huan kan dian ying ma? (do you like to watch movies?)
    pronounciation - knee see hwan kan dee-an ying ma

yao bu yao he wo yi qi kan dian ying? (do you want to watch (a) movie with me?)
    pronounciation - yao bu yao hur wo e qi kan dee-an ying?

xd

thanks,you guys/girls have been a great help,wait a minute,was there any guys? anyways,that sounds just about perfect and i already know a lot of the basics.
i am going to assume that you are chinese but even if you aren't but were from another country,what would you do in this scenario if you were the girl? she doesn't seem to have many friends,shes at the library alot, she doesn't seem to do much,that i know of,? i'm a really nice guy and i'm pretty shy,it was actually pretty friggin hard to ask her put! sweatdrop
i'm at least decent in looks so,what would you do?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:24 pm
there was only one guy and go figure he asked for a pic! xd  

berryscary1

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:38 am
lol.
try being her friend first? since she had not a lotta friends biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:17 am
I agree with Niph. 3nodding Become friends first. As a girl, I personally prefer to move slowly in the sense that, if a guy I knew not so well asked me out, I'd turn him down, plainly because what if he's just not my type at all? I don't know much about him. So yeah. I'd want to have a chat with him, ya know, get to know his preferences, his interests, etc, then make a judgement on whether or not I'd survive in a relationship with him. confused There are lots of girls who, if you're good looking and get asked out, would say yes, but I'm not like that, and I don't know how your crush feels about that. *shrug* So yeah, become closer. Learn more about her. You can't (or shouldn't!) run before you learn to walk. 3nodding

And like Niph said, I agree that her English should be decent enough... Enough to communicate properly anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if she had an accent and whatever, but she should know how to communicate, plus she's going to an English-speaking school five days a week. It's hard not to learn it. I am a BBC, and I probably don't know about this as much as Niph, but my best friend moved from China when she was seven years old, and she speaks completely accent-free English. Ditto for my other friend in the year below me, who moved here about the same age, the only difference being that she's Cantonese whereas my best friend is Mandarin. All the girls in my school who are Chinese speak fluent English, and many moved from China/Hong Kong to England. I'm sure your crush can't be THAT bad. 3nodding

And yes, on the side note as Niph mentioned... Don't double post so much! gonk You're meant to put all your replies in one post, and if you want to quote two people, you can do that too. Double posting (as in, posting twice, one after the other), is not only annoying, but I don't think it's allowed... Thanks. 3nodding  

Chibito7

Fawa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:01 am
Can you tell everything what you know about her?
Then it's more likely we can help you out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:20 am
berryscary1
[.Mihiko-chan.]
berryscary1
[.Mihiko-chan.]
ahhh idk. maybe she really doesnt know english. xP
is she a transfer/exchange student??

she lived in china but now her whole family lives in the u.s.

ohh. yeah. i agree with t0sh on say i like you.
wo xi huan ni <-- i like you.
uhmm pronounced (wo shi hwan nee)

thanks a lot. Especially for the translation.
forums rock blaugh

Lol. you're welcome. i think that's the pronounciation.
you can try to say it to her though. (: good luck.

[.Mihiko-chan.]

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:21 am
t0shi0

xD

yes. cuz she is from China. that's what he said.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:22 am
[.Mihiko-chan.]
t0shi0

xD

yes. cuz she is from China. that's what he said.

Though, I am Chinese, but didn't understand a single word Mandarin until this year. O_o  

Fawa

berryscary1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:06 pm
all i know right now is that this is gonna be one long post
didn't know about not doing the multiple posts,sorry

ktjingle: that'll actually be way easier than it sounds. turns out that i am friends with her brother but only found out because she and i both have sisters that graduated this year! so at the very end of the year i find this out,ain't i smart?

chibito7 surprised k,refer to ktjingle
as for her english she has this aid that helps her out alot and for homework she uses this translator thinga ma jig
she doesn't usually seem to talk in english.
and as you can see i'm working on the posts. biggrin

fawa: she has a brother that is the same age i am friends with,only friends of hers that i know of are chinese. very quiet.very smart,gets very high grades"it was because of her that i got an A in biology. FIRST EVER FOR SCIENCE!!! always has mechanical pencils.rather petite. last i knew she was looking for a job.seems to have a great family. and last but not least she does like me to some degree biggrin

mihiko-chan: thanks for the translation,i'll put it to use as soon as i can.

that was actually a lot smaller than i thought it was going to be! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:13 pm
haha you're welcome. (:
GOOD LUCK again. xDD haha.  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:31 am
berryscary1
all i know right now is that this is gonna be one long post
didn't know about not doing the multiple posts,sorry

ktjingle: that'll actually be way easier than it sounds. turns out that i am friends with her brother but only found out because she and i both have sisters that graduated this year! so at the very end of the year i find this out,ain't i smart?

chibito7 surprised k,refer to ktjingle
as for her english she has this aid that helps her out alot and for homework she uses this translator thinga ma jig
she doesn't usually seem to talk in english.
and as you can see i'm working on the posts. biggrin

fawa: she has a brother that is the same age i am friends with,only friends of hers that i know of are chinese. very quiet.very smart,gets very high grades"it was because of her that i got an A in biology. FIRST EVER FOR SCIENCE!!! always has mechanical pencils.rather petite. last i knew she was looking for a job.seems to have a great family. and last but not least she does like me to some degree biggrin

mihiko-chan: thanks for the translation,i'll put it to use as soon as i can.

that was actually a lot smaller than i thought it was going to be! blaugh

Your crush probably prefers to speak Chinese then; not a surprise, because she is originally from China, and it is her mothertongue. I prefer to speak in English myself just because I'm more fluent in it. 3nodding But anyway, just keep trying if you really want this to work, right? wink

Thank you for working on the posts. Much appreciated. mrgreen

And typical Chinese/Hong Kong people always use mechanical pencils. xd Lol. One reason is not because it's "popular" in HK/China, but also because it's easier to write Chinese in. Keeps the lead nice and thin so you can write clear, legible Chinese. Using a normal lead pencil, it gets blunt all the time. Mechanical pencils eliminate the need to sharpen them, and for sharpeners to be bought. 3nodding Woo for mechanical pencils! - Sorry, just decided to inform you of the culture... if that's considered our culture... sweatdrop

On a sidenote, just because someone is from China, does not necessarily make them a Mandarin speaker only. Everyone from China, yes, should speak Mandarin, but those from especially the Guang Zhou region (like my mum) should be able to speak Cantonese too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:54 am
@ Chibito : i know that. i'm just saying Mandarin because even now Hong Kong and those places are learning Mandarin. so they should know "wo xi huan ni" if not anything.. =|  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

berryscary1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:15 pm
scream for some reason I CAN"T STAND MECHANICAL PENCILS,they aren't sharp enough for me so inbetween every class i have to sharpen my pencil to get it sharp again. also i always break the lead.
i wanted to know about the culture anyways,maybe i'll put up a thread on it. and for the whole mandarin thing this aud person for the chinese students told me that she was so no problem there. rofl  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff