Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheist Drug Policy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drugs should...
  ...be legal!
  ...well, some drug should be legal.
  ...be allowed to those with illnesses only.
  ...stay illegal forver!
  ...what? Wait, where's the pot-head option???
View Results

To Escape Detection

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:05 pm
~x.X.x~

On Drugs:

Drugs are for the weak. Anyone who's so despirate to get an escape from the world that they would risk their life and health is a flimsy b*****d.

Suck it up people. You can do it.

On population:

Holy s**t, yes we ARE overpopulated. It's a resource issue, not a land issue. If everyone lived like U.S.A.-icans we'd need three Earths.
There are probably more people alive than dead right now.
China's growing economy has started making the Chinese into U.S.A. style consumers, adding to the resource problem. It's hard enough feeding us.

Of course, the poor starving people in third world countries help even that out, so we're still okay on one Earth. Their starvation, however, is not a result of stupidity. Do you think those people have a choice? They're born into that environment. Everything from the day they are born is just finding a way to survive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:42 am
I'm aganist drugs for myself. It comes from my personal history of years of abuse.
I have had countless friends go over to Pot, and in return they shove it in my face and then try talking to me. I've gotten a boyfriend cheating on me when he was high, I had an old friend tell me that he really didn't like me and was just trying to get closer to me so he can get laid. Another so called friend tried to get me addicted to crack. Drunk mother's boyfriend trying to rape me for 4 years. Friend's mother's boyfriend was high when he tried to rape me.

It's just me saying, I tend to avoid people who are drunk/high on something. I don't mind them doing it at all, it's what they want but I just really don't want them around me. Bad things tend to happen. gonk  

Azurea`

Stonerose_Mulligan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:27 pm
I could agree to the "make all drugs legal" idea if I weren't familiar with the effects of crystal meth. A girl at my highschool was heavily addicted for nearly a year until she entered rehab. The drug damaged her brain so badly she couldn't even tie her own shoes anymore.

I think (and know) that drugs are incredibly harmful. I also realize that for those people who are so inclined to destroy themselves, there's little to be done to stop them. Information and knowledge can be spread, rehab and therapy can be made available, but only those that want help will be reached.

All that's left to do is to keep them from hurting others.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:11 pm
s0ul caper~
Dathu
Kypuu
I think some drugs should be illgal. But, Pot... Pot doesn't harm your body in anyway unless you smoke. The worse it does is give you short term memory lose that by max lasts only about 24 hours or less. Waaaaaaaay less.

Soooooo.....I love your siggy, aaaaaand I'm glad we have bud love in here. Too bad I quit smoking it three years ago, or I'd start an atheist potsmoking guild.

Just kidding.

Or maybe we could start Gaian Atheist South Park fans united. (If that's the reason you like her signature ninja )

Naw. Too specfic. How 'bout the Gaian Atheist Pot Smokin' South Park Fans United Guild? Much wider demographc.  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

A Fallen Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:10 am
Legalize it:
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:05 pm
I won't do drugs. I won't Smoke, or Drink.

Personally I find the government's stupidy quite astonishing when it comes to the cannibus plant. It has more pros then cons.

Whatever, since was any government right in the head?

Sanguvixen

shaitan393

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:22 pm
Let them have all they wan... but I won't touch the s**t  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:31 pm
Drugs should be legalized, and if they were, it would be more beneficial for the government anyway. When a drug is legalized, it has to pass tests, and can only be sold by authorized retailers. When the US government started cracking down on drugs, crime skyrocketed, infact, drug-related crimes became seven-times more common, if I recall corectly.

How many people do you see selling illegal alcohol, or chocolate (which is a drug) that was not up to the FDA's standards compared to people who sell pot? People are forced to sell it because the government doesn't allow it to be sold by conventional means, and people can get violent if they get ripped off.

Personally, I only smoke pot, on occasion, and I have no desire to try any other drugs. But hey, I see no problem with someone staying at home, doing drugs, not disturbing anyone; just so long as they don't become obsessed with drugs and turn out worthless. No one wants a worthless person, just hanging arround, right?  

Generic Troll Name

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:08 pm
User Image
My opinion has changed a little on this. Too bad Obama is too much of a p***y to legalize marijuana.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:40 pm
you know, i was actually gonna say that drugs should only be for medical use, but then Dathu completely convinced me to his side.

Yeah, let the idiots BURN! twisted

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:23 am
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
you know, i was actually gonna say that drugs should only be for medical use, but then Dathu completely convinced me to his side.

Yeah, let the idiots BURN! twisted

User Image
Well, I posted that a long time ago, aaaand I dunno if I necessarily feel the exact same way. Sort of... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 pm
well although i never smoked marijuana i heard that it helped with insomnia so if it helps i guess u can use it as long as you got a prescription for it but other than that drugs increases chance of violence and crimes so Drugs Shouuld for the most part be ILLEGAL  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:02 pm
I've never done drugs in my life, and chances are I'm going to stay away from them, aside from the occasional drink. However I say we should legalize Marijuana. There's a lot of good that it can do for us.
For example:

-It would relieve some of the overcrowding in prison, as many inmates are in on Marijuana related charges
-Tax the sale of it and there's some revenue for the government.
-Raising it could create new jobs
-Drug trafficking in this country would diminish significantly
-Plus, there's a lot you can do with a cannabis plant aside from smoking it  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 pm
I do think some drugs should be legal. The unbelievably, horribly dangerous drugs should stay illegal, but I think all the other drugs would be safer, because there would be regulation. For instance, producers would not be able to put drain cleaner or fish tranq in their meth as cutter.  

Lyonette

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:52 pm
Let's legalize pot in the US and tax the hell out of it.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff