Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Have you ever been beaten senseless for being Atheist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:49 pm
Fenky
I've been beaten because of my religion. The jackass almost pushed me down the stairs and killed me. Why are we so nice about that kind of thing? Tolerating it does nothing for us. I think we can show some anger and hate because that's all christians seem to understand. They ignore logic so why can't we just insult them? And I mean to their face. None of this making fun of them in the forums crap. Scream at them. I've tried and it works better than being calm and telling them about how impossible the idea of God is.

Yes, let's respond to hate with more hate.

Defend yourself, but don't do so with spite. It'll take time, but most of them will come to their senses sooner or later. Don't kneel down and surrender all but the last as they say, but don't fight back. Don't resist their attacks with hate in your heart.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:10 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Yeah, I disagree. I believe you shouldn't go out making trouble, but if trouble comes to you, defend yourself, even if it means with spite. We are, after all, human, and spite is a very human feeling.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Sergeant CJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:27 pm
I agree with turkeypants on this one  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:29 pm
Sergeant CJ
I agree with turkeypants on this one

I don't. It's a human emotion, but one which we must keep tight reins on.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:20 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Keeping control does not mean getting rid of an emotion entirely. It isn't difficult to imagine what would happen to a society filled with hateless individuals. If it's invaded by anything with the capacity for spite, it will fall quite quickly.
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:02 pm
Its not healthy to be fueled by spite but we as he said we must not completly abolish it  

Sergeant CJ

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:02 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Fenky
I've been beaten because of my religion. The jackass almost pushed me down the stairs and killed me. Why are we so nice about that kind of thing? Tolerating it does nothing for us. I think we can show some anger and hate because that's all christians seem to understand. They ignore logic so why can't we just insult them? And I mean to their face. None of this making fun of them in the forums crap. Scream at them. I've tried and it works better than being calm and telling them about how impossible the idea of God is.

Defend yourself, but don't do so with spite. It'll take time, but most of them will come to their senses sooner or later. Don't kneel down and surrender all but the last as they say, but don't fight back. Don't resist their attacks with hate in your heart.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread the whole damn thing. Haven't slept in over twelve hours. I agree with Tenth Speed in the sense that defending yourself is different from actually spreading hate, but the fact of that matter is that if religious differences are the sole cause of a fight, it can't hurt to rub it in a bit, either. "Where is your God now?" and all that. If a fight were about something like money, and you successfully floor your collectors, you may say something like, "There's your damn down payment", or something maybe not as utterly cheesy.

The point I want to make is, keep the topic of the fight alive, and rub it in their face if you come out on top. You've earned that privelege.

EDIT: You may want to not do this though if you were the one who started the fight. There's a fine line between the thrill of victory and just being a p***k.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:05 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
No one here is advocating making hate your whole life, so no one make any rebuttals to arguments that don't exist yet.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:51 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
que me gusta lo mejor
No one here is advocating making hate your whole life, so no one make any rebuttals to arguments that don't exist yet.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Yeah, I misread the entire thing. See above.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:57 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Actually, I wasn't talking to you :p I meant CJ.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:59 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
que me gusta lo mejor
Actually, I wasn't talking to you :p I meant CJ.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Oh. My bad.

It's the sleep deprivation. I swear. DAMN YOU, CITY OF HEROES!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:01 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
COH is old and busted, Mario Party 64 is the new hotness.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:09 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
que me gusta lo mejor
COH is old and busted, Mario Party 64 is the new hotness.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Oh yeah? Can Mario FLY? ...Oh yeah, raccoon suit. Well, can he shoot fireballs?! ...s**t, Fireflower. Um...OH! Does he have a CAPE? ....Oh ********, he does.

crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:12 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
I personally have never been beaten senseless, but I'm about to beat Bowser senseless for ******** my game up User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:27 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Tenth Speed Writer
Fenky

EDIT: Sorry, I misread the whole damn thing. Haven't slept in over twelve hours. I agree with Tenth Speed in the sense that defending yourself is different from actually spreading hate, but the fact of that matter is that if religious differences are the sole cause of a fight, it can't hurt to rub it in a bit, either. "Where is your God now?" and all that. If a fight were about something like money, and you successfully floor your collectors, you may say something like, "There's your damn down payment", or something maybe not as utterly cheesy.

The point I want to make is, keep the topic of the fight alive, and rub it in their face if you come out on top. You've earned that privelege.

EDIT: You may want to not do this though if you were the one who started the fight. There's a fine line between the thrill of victory and just being a p***k.

Read my signature. Nothing in this world earns you the "right" or "privilege" of being an a*****e. If your intent is really to try and pry them from their beliefs, then you had best leave them something encouraging to go off of from there to lead them down this path, not just a blow to spite them. To do so really does make you something disgusting.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff