Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Ever felt bad about making someone doubt their faith? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

boyvirgo666

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:08 pm
Fenky
You can make someone doubt their faith? I've been trying for years. I thought it was impossible.

i can give you some hints.
1. quote form the bible all the contradiction and horrors you can find. trust me it get a reaction.
2. ask them why they think the greeks god were wrong and how they can explain why they are older than there explanation for creation
3.ask them if them have free will if they say yes ask them about gods plan(trust me this is just hilarious as they try and work it out) if they say no just shake yer head and walk away because they are sad sad beings with no chance at life  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:44 pm
boyvirgo666
Fenky
You can make someone doubt their faith? I've been trying for years. I thought it was impossible.

1. quote form the bible all the contradiction and horrors you can find. trust me it get a reaction.
2. ask them why they think the greeks god were wrong and how they can explain why they are older than there explanation for creation
3.ask them if them have free will if they say yes ask them about gods plan(trust me this is just hilarious as they try and work it out) if they say no just shake yer head and walk away because they are sad sad beings with no chance at life

I'm vehemently anti-religious but I wasn't always that way. I used to be an Evangelical Christian. I'd like to think that, even then, I had a chance at life...I mean, after all, here I am. :p  

Theophrastus

boyvirgo666

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:40 am
Theophrastus
boyvirgo666
Fenky

I'm vehemently anti-religious but I wasn't always that way. I used to be an Evangelical Christian. I'd like to think that, even then, I had a chance at life...I mean, after all, here I am. :p

no no the life thing was if they say they have no free will  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:45 am
Have I encouraged doubt? Yes. Did I feel good about it? Well... yes and no.
For most of them, no. Not really. I introduced them to my beliefs, and they accepted them. I did not push anything upon them. They were having a crisis of faith anyway, so all I did was push them in the right direction.
On the other hand, I have introduced doubt into some people I have cared (a little, mind) about. I felt a little bad because I removed a part of their life. They needed to find something to do every Saturday and religious holiday... meh.
Like I said. Mostly, no. If I care about them, well... I might. For a little bit.

Superior Jazz

Koravin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:27 pm
I never feel bad. If there faith is conflicting with reality, perhaps they should revise it. I don't go out and try to kill off people's beliefs, but if talking to me makes them think about their beliefs, that's probably a good thing. People should think more, I try to help facilitate that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:39 pm
Never. I don't feel bad about making people actually THINK about what they believe in rather than following it blindly. I was able to doubt the existence of a god on my own. Some people don't have the mental capacity to do such a thing, and I'll be more than happy to get the thought process moving for them.

HAHA! I've found my calling! Motivational thinker.

Put down that Bible. Stand the hell up. Say, "I'm not going to be a lamb anymore!" Now think for yourself about life instead of just believing what you read and what your pastor says!  

_C r y s t a l_RB

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces