Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nostrum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 am
Ooh, lookit! Another Aussie!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:07 am
Hello. My name's Amie and I am from Michigan. I have created art in many forms basically my whole life. I have just recently begun trying my hand at using polymer clay. I have a DA account where you can see some of my art in many forms - I don't tend to update it very often, though.

Amie's DA page  

wolfkatt

Sakuneko-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am
My first name is Frida but everyone I know call me Carmilla. (My second name).
I come from Sweden but moved to England when I was 6 1/2. I'm now 15.
I've been interested in crafts for as long as I can remember but I hadn't used my clay for 2 years until yesterday. razz I don't currently have any of my crafts on my dA page except one since I mostly draw. Thats going to change soonish though. I'm going to put my little clay and bead models on, maybe my puppet.

My dA page :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Hey! I'm a 14-year-old Canadian who lives in the US of A. I've really always loved sculpture-ish things (e.g., when I was three I made a tiny clay penguin with a baby penguin, when I was five I plastered my little brother's face completely innocently in the name of art) all my life. I'm not too good with anything clay that's not completely accidental and spontaneous, but I'm pretty good with plaster (as soon as I get back to my mom's house, I'll get a photo of a plaster hand that I made and get it onto deviantART). I'm not the best, but I love it, and I'm slightly overly into it ^.^  

xBellaxxSwanx

Pandara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:57 am
Hello! I'm a 26 years old and I've kind of dabbled a little bit in sculpting since High School. I didn't start taking much of an interest in it until I discovered polymer clay years later. I've only dabbled in it but love making horns and junk. I've made a couple of sculptures too. I mostly half do things and leave them unfinished but am trying to correct that. I also want to create more things out of clay.

I am mostly a 2d artist and I become frustrated in not being able to detail the clay as I can detail in painting/drawing razz I'm working through that though. Mostly I stay away from detail sculpture and focus on horns. I'm starting to make jewelry now and am loving it! I need more tools!

I work in a arts and education store and that is the bane of my paycheck. DO NOT WORK IN A ARTS STORE if you are a crafty person. You WILL be broke >_> It's fun to give clueless people tips though!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:37 pm
Hey, I'm Daen. I like making claymations. X3  

The Day Brightener

Kaywinnet_Frye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:45 pm
Well I suppose I shall post as well.

I'm 20 and from the USA. I've been into arts and crafts ever since I can remember but I got into sculpting more in high-school. I make things all the way from cute little key chains of people's pets to detailed sculptures of dragons, from full sized human figures to small jewelry pieces. I like to take drawings I've done for other classes or projects and turn them into 3-dimensional round pieces.

I've worked with a wide range of mediums such as clay, wire, and wood. When I'm trying to make a realistic sculpture I like to work form an image but for keychains and the like I work mainly from imagination. Pretty sure my friends would vote an R.O.U.S (Princess Bride anyone?) that I made last year as their favorite 3-d piece of mine.

I don't really have page of my own because I took it down while I'm in school so I don't feel I should keep updating it with every piece I make. I do have a deviantart page that I may get around to updating eventually though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:14 pm
Hiyo from the most recent member of Sculpted! ^^

Following Chisa's format, here is some information about my spastic self!

* I'm 28 years old, and I hail from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I'm married and have a 3 year old daughter who is just as crafty as her momma.

* I've been drawing as long as I can remember! Sculpting probably started as soon as I was given hand foods and I could mash it about I'm sure. wink

* I've done traditional art as long as I can remember and over the years started doing graphics work via the computer as well. I've worked in a sign shop for a year doing everything from Vector designs/illustrations for silk screening, cars, billboards and what-have-you and it seriously drove me insane. I started doing freelance contracting, but the first big job I had went sour within a few months time.

I am a 100% certified Chinchilla addict and currently have four. A Standard named Chinta, a Het-Beige named Tinker Bell the Destroyer, and two Mosaics; Yin an Extreme Mosaic and Yang (her dad). Because of lack of suppliers for organic items and such for them in Canada and the horrendous shipping costs from the States, I gathered up some resources and started my own online pet supply store. It's still very much in the works, but I've been making steady sales since I started working on it. I've always loved doing arts and crafts and I noticed how most of the Chinchilla based jewelry out there was expensive as Hell and I had some ideas floating around. It's because of the chins that I broke my artists block regarding painting animals, learned how to use a sewing machine, and started doing wire working! I now make wire wrapped pendants, rings, necklaces, etc. on a regular basis. I love it! ^^

* I tend to be a perfectionist first and foremost and often times, within days of finishing a product or image, I tend to pick it apart. I also have very bad hands (one was crushed and will hurt like a mofo still or will just go dead/limp on me, the other has tendinitis/arthritis) and it can affect a lot of what I do. I also have a piece missing from my right eye and it can hurt quite a lot and make it too painful to concentrate. My specialties are varied as I'm a very hands-on-no-text-book person. Give me something to play around with and I'll figure it out in my own fashion.

* The booty! ^^

Concept Art

User Image

Final Products (Sea Horse wound up being too big. crying The Chinchilla one has an Angel version with it.)

User Image

User Image

My daughter's name "Aya".

User Image

Side view of one of my wire wrapped rings. (The ink has since been removed from the Hematite and I've hand engraved it.)

User Image

Fleece prototype Chinchilla gone wrong. (It looks like it took it's lower jaw then swallowed it's own head! blaugh ) The pic was taken shortly before Yang had his way with it. sweatdrop heart I'll spare you those pics! 4laugh

User Image

A fleece hammock, two fleece cuddle buddies, some organic apple sticks and one of the first animal portrait commissions I did following the artists block. (Customer requested the floaty-heads and trippy background. *LOL*)

User Image

That about sums it up for now! ^^ Thanks muchly for having me! heart

Edited to add the following: The most prominent sculpture I've done was using earthenware clay. My art teacher back in High School (bless his heart, was more of a father figure to me than my own dad), and I were always having family-esque spats of me getting into mischief. We were working on the sculptures so there was a HUGE mound of the sopping wet clay spread about the work table for students to help prepare for use. Well, it had been shortly after Jurassic Park was released, so little Miss Trouble went up, stuck a ruler in the front of it with a sign taped onto the ruler which read; "WELCOME TO JURASSIC PARK, PLEASE MIND YOUR STEP!". (The Triceratops portion of the movie for any who have forgotten.) domokun heart  

Jaq

Resho

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:02 am
Hi there, my name is Hannah and I'm a nineteen year old sophmore in college with an undeclared major- I haven't found my niche just yet. (:

I haven't been crafting long at all, maybe about a month. My obsession with craft art started when I was linked to an online friend's deviantART gallery and saw her cute clay charms. At that point, I was set on making my own.

I've progressed from clay charms to stuffed animals with the help of other dA`er's tutorials. I'm quite pleased with my progression.

My weakness is that I don't have faith in myself and can't throw myself into my work. I feel less confident, and start other several times instead of embracing my mistakes.

I currently don't have a gallery set up, but I made an account with deviantART and hope to have all my work posted up soon, I'm just so lazy!

http://hellohannahkitty.deviantart.com/  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:07 am
* Okay. My name's Dayna (DAY-na, people have a tendency to mispronounce my name and butcher it) and I'm 14. I reside in the USA, on the Pacific side.

* I've been in to sculpture for years... I think I started when I was 8? 9? Something like that. I mainly use Sculpey or other clays like it, and I also draw and paint on paper, although that's not really relevant. Sometimes I incorporate wire into my art, and that turns out interesting, if not always the way I want it too...

* I first started sculpture when I first started taking summer art classes. We mainly worked with actually clay, like firing and glazing, etc. And then my other friend brought up sculpey, so I brought it to class. That's pretty much how I got in to sculpture.

* I think my specialties are little things, like animals, or creatures that I make up. Those are always fun. My weakness is details like eyes. D:
* I don't have any links right now because I'm borrowing a computer- mine's broken.  

shukkie

Akira-Blue

Greedy Capitalist

10,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 pm
My name is Jessy. (Not Jessica) I'm from the best place on Earth, Texas!! I'm 19 and just started to make clay charms last month. It was always something I wanted to do but had too much going on to start. So far I suck but I hope that I get better with time. ^_^ Support is always welcome11  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:26 pm
My name is Michelle, but most people either call me miche or michigami. I'm 29 years old and a professional seamstress and freelance costume designer and textile artist. I live in SW Pennsylvania, USA, in a nice quiet small town up in the mountains.

I formerly lived in pittsburgh, and attended the Art Institute of Pittsburgh for IDT special effects and then transferred to graphic design after developing a healthy fear of power tools and table saws in specific thanks to witnessing another student who did NOT pay attention to the safety instructions nearly losing a finger. gonk

I work in soft-sculpture and plushies, and full-size and doll size costumes. I also work in polyclay like sculpey and fimo. I'm also a freelance graphic artist, certified pastry chef, and author of a couple self-published books. I also make all my own patterns for plushies and doll costumes, and sometimes have to do the same for normal-sized costumes.

I've been doing random artsy things since long before i can remember, and recently had to relearn photoshop after 5 years out of school. sweatdrop

anyway, if anyone's interested, here's the usual DA linkage of doom:
http://shiningamimaxwell.deviantart.com/

I'm also on Ygallery as Michigami, and AFF.net, and I also have an etsy store, but i can't for the life of me remember the link right now. Oh, I also sell costumes and plushies on ebay, and do custom orders provided a few good references to work from.  

michigami

Suzukyo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:48 am
Hello, My name is Christina, i'm 17-years-old. I've just recently graduated from high school and enrolled into an art university. I've been creating art since i was in elementary school and hope to have a career in the art field when i finish college. Umm, i'm a pretty average girl, glasses, brown hair brown eye, i am mixed with african american and mexican, i'm about 5'4'', domokun and well that's pretty much what i have to say...so i hope i can get along with everyone here! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:55 pm
hi y'all can call me dolphin. I'm 17 and live in the U.S. I mostly do computer art but I've really liked clay since I was able to hold playdo. I recently started doing things with felt and just got a sewing machine and a ton of felt to make charms and things. right now I'm working on a Megaman plushie for my honey~ heart
I don't have many figures up right now, but any of my work can be viewed on my Deviantart  

dolphinwing~

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

homer11588

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:58 pm
Hey?! I'm 20 years old, and I'm from the U.S. I'm also currently in college majoring industrail design. I've been making 3D scupltures for years now. My first couple of scupltures were just made of cardboard, craft sticks, and duct tape, but in the past few months I've been experimenting with barb wire. Got a little scratch up, but I survived.
Hope I can do more with barbwire soon. I hope to enjoy this guild. Later.

domokun (I thought this looked neat. )  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces