Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
does it make you a noob if... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:46 pm
Gosh not another bitching about each toher's preferences fest. Take it to the grill. also stranger that doesn't explain why you say no to my noob question.*takes out remote control.* You have ten posts answer my question.

No, because that means you actually know about RE Survivor...speaking of that I need to buy it...I would realyl love to own it.

Does it make you a noob if you like cosplay as Saddler and then say he's a result of the an advanced virus?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:02 pm
Yes. Because you said Saddler. This is taboo.

Does it make you a noob if you want RE6, a supposed reboot, to be like the new SH game?

As in, a reimagining of the original game, only with no weapons. All you can do is run for your life, strategically stopping to block doors and such. The mansion could be filled with Crimson Heads. biggrin Not saying that I do want this (maybe as a side game, though). I want my fixed camera again...  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:34 pm
@ Bio: Yes. Disregarding the events of RE0 doesn't really mess with the continuity of the overall storyline. If I could do the same for RE4, I sure as hell would. So I wouldn't say that I grin and bear it; I just bear it. And that's an interesting point. But I think you know by now that I'd watch it anyway, just to see for myself how bad it is, or if there is anything in it as 'awesome' as these other people are telling me. Then I would actually be in a position to analyze it, and judge for myself just what is good, what is bad, and if the movie/game/whatever had any redeeming qualities whatsoever. I wouldn't/couldn't come out and say that the Wolverine movie is a steaming pile of cow dung when I haven't even seen it. All I could really say about it is that I've heard a lot things that sound really lame to me, but: I haven't seen it yet. Yes, I would be pretty sure going into it that it will suck and I will not like it, but I can't say such a thing for certain until I experience it for myself. And I have never said that RE5's storyline is awesome. I said it was decent. Not great, but not terrible either. Simply adequate. And definitely a step back in the right direction in contrast to RE4. And having played through RE5, I can certainly say that there was nothing in it as retarded as opera-singing Marcus with the Leech-1000s (they definitely had a lot of T-1000 characteristics), giant moving statues, etc. Storyline-wise, I would definitely rank it higher than RE4 and RE0. Gameplay-wise, I'd place RE0 and RE4 higher on the list. But see, I can actually discern RE5's pros and cons, because I've actually played the damn game. I'm not saying you would like RE5, Bio. You probably wouldn't. I don't think you would allow yourself to even enjoy some of the more nostalgic areas. But if you had played it, I'd be a little more accepting of your constant dogging on it. Give it a rest, will ya? You're entitled to your opinion, but your knowledge of the game is so opaque that when you weigh in on the topic, you're light as a feather. And after the billionth trillionth time, it starts to become kind of annoying. See, with RE4 and UC, you actually played those games. So you've actually experienced them, and the games put you through an unsavory experience that offended you and left a bitter taste in your mouth. So when you dog on them, it isn't so baseless. You have your experience with the game to back it up. But since you've chosen not to play RE5, then it hasn't given you any such experience for you to be so bitter and volatile about. See, hearing a few things about the Wolverine movie is one thing; actually sitting through the whole thing and experiencing the disaster, and watching as they destroyed Deadpool's character right before my eyes is another. It was painful. But I couldn't get so pissed off about something I've just heard about. And I couldn't critique it, or call people who enjoyed it n00bs. Because all I have is a few details without their context, so I really wouldn't know what I was talking about.

@ Alkaizer: Actually, I didn't even see your post. My answer was a response to Bio's question. My internet was messing up, so getting my post posted took a lot longer than it should have. So I'll answer both your first and second questions now:

1.) No, I wouldn't say you're a n00b to think Leon is on performance-enhancing drugs. Especially in Degeneration. It's not too unbelievable to me that Leon would be a little tougher after the events of RE2, but it's borderline ridiculous in RE4, and just plain ridiculous in Degeneration.

2.) Yes.

EDIT: Crap, it happened again. -_-
No, Canas. I wouldn't say so. It might actually be interesting. I'd like my guns, though.

Does it make you a n00b if you never unlocked Tofu in RE2?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:58 pm
Look, all I know is that Jill is under Wesker's control, wearing a stupid cape, and you have to fight her as a boss. Wesker is so fast he's practically teleporting. And at the end he turns into a monster, and falls into a volcano at the end. Those few little factors are worse than everything bad about RE0, and even everything bad about RE4. Like I said, I'd rather marry Ashley than accept above events as anything having to do with the Canon of Resident Evil.

And yes, because it means that you didn't beat RE2 enough times. Now go play it until you DO unlock it.

Does it make you a noob if you don't know where the phrases "Made in heaven," and "Let me live," came from?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:13 am
Well, none of that really bothered me. I just wish Jill was in it more... and not blonde.

And no, why would it? I know it's Queen.

Does it make you a n00b if you never unlocked the infinite rocket launcher in Code Veronica? xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 am
I would say no to the previous questions since that would, 1) include me, and 2) People have a life, so they might not have time to actually do all of this....someone like me.

Does it make you a noob if you pronounce Leon's name Lei-on?(As in Lay on me....wait that's just not right...no wonder he gets so many fanboys.)  

Alkaizer87

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Look, all I know is that Jill is under Wesker's control, wearing a stupid cape

Two things:
1. To the grill, you two! :XP: That's what it's for. Although I'm not one to talk, I've done it a lot too. razz

2. He doesn't wear any cape in the game that I know of. Trenchcoat, in one flashback scene, but other than that it's just his clothing.

And Alkaizer... That's right. No wonder he gets so many fanboys. rofl
Yes, by the way. I've never heard the name "Leon" pronounced "Lei-on". That's just weird. D:

Does it make you a noob if RE: Dead Aim ranks higher than RE3 in your favorite RE games list?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:58 pm
I meant Jill. Jill and her dumb bird lady cape.

And yes. I mean, RE3 has Jill (without a stupid cape), and freaking Nemesis! Compare those two to Bruce and Morphintoawoman.

Does it make you a noob if you refer to parasite based enemies as 'Zombies'?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:21 pm
When the parasites take over, do they technically kill the host? If so, no. But if the host survives the Plagas (Meaning the body is not moving by parasite controlled motor functions), then yes.

Does it make you a noob if you wished Billy to join Rebeca in going to the mansion?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:30 pm
No, it would've been kind of an interesting plot decision. As long as his absence from RE1 was well explained. Or if it followed a parallel canon.

Does it make you a noob if you play RE1/2/remake, etc. And you didn't expect the crows to attack you?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:57 pm
Naturally. I mean, everything else is coming after you, it should be obvious. :XP:

Does it make you a noob if you don't know how Lickers are formed? (Don't worry, I know how Lickers are formed, Bio. xd )  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:03 pm
I believe I already asked that exact question a couple pages back. But I think the answer was no, so I'm gonna say yes. Even if you haven't played Survivor, which explains it, it's not too difficult to look up the Files and read through them. If you're a REAL Resident Evil fan, that is.

Does it make you a noob if you can't figure out why people are saying that Chris was a smoker at the time of the mansion incident?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:17 pm
What kind of question is that? Hell yes you'rea noob.

Also about the parasite answer that was given, It has to be yes. A parasite is called a parasite for a reason. I lives off of the host. if the host is killed it won't be able to use the body...just thought I should point it out. The whole point of assimilating with the host is to take over the body, but not kill it...or else there's no body to take over.

Does it make you a noob if you think a a bunch of zombies can kill the Pyramid Head from SH?  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:52 am
You're overthinking it though. Basically, what I was asking was, does it make you a noob if you pop in... Say, RE4 into your system and say, "Man, it's so fun to kill zombies in this game!" Aside from the fact that it makes you a noob for popping in RE4 in the first place.

Anywho, YES! Not only does it make you a Resident Evil noob, but it makes you a Survival Horror noob, period. Pyramid Head would plow through those zombies like a hot Great Knife through Maria butter. Mmm... Maria butter...

Does it make you a noob if you don't see the resemblance between the Spencer Estate and the Clock Tower from RE3?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:32 pm
Gotta say yes. It's rather blatant that they went out of their way to make a regular clock tower look elegant like the mansion (well, I guess elegant isn't the word as there wasn't a ton of detail in RE1's main hall... but still.)

Does it make you a noob if you don't see the resemblance between the Spencer Estate and the Spencer Estate replica in CVX? xd  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff