Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:41 pm
Esther
Chapter 10
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And the king Ahasuerus layde a tribute vpon the land, and vpon the Isles of the sea.

2 And all the actes of his power, and of his might, and the declaration of the greatnesse of Mordecai, whereunto the king aduanced him, are they not written in the booke of the Chronicles of the kings of Media and Persia?

3 For Mordecai the Iew was next vnto King Ahasuerus, and great among the Iewes, and accepted of the multitude of his brethren, seeking the wealth of his people, and speaking peace to all his seed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 am
Job
Chapter 1

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Iob, and that man was perfect and vpright, and one that feared God, and eschewed euill.

2 And there were borne vnto him seuen sonnes, and three daughters.

3 His substance also was seuen thousand sheepe, and three thousand camels, and fiue hundred yoke of oxen, and fiue hundred shee asses, and a very great houshold; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the East.

4 And his sonnes went and feasted in their houses, euery one his day, and sent and called for their three sisters, to eate and to drinke with them.

5 And it was so, when the dayes of their feasting were gone about, that Iob sent and sanctified them, and rose vp early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: For Iob said, It may be that my sonnes haue sinned, and cursed God in their hearts: Thus did Iob continually.

6 ¶ Now there was a day, when the sons of God came to present themselues before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said vnto Satan, Whence commest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and sayde, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking vp and downe in it.

8 And the Lord sayd vnto Satan, Hast thou considered my seruant Iob, that there is none like him in the earth? a perfect and an vpright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth euill?

9 Then Satan answered þe Lord, and sayd, Doeth Iob feare God for nought?

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on euery side? thou hast blessed the worke of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11 But put foorth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12 And the Lord said vnto Satan, Behold, all that hee hath is in thy power, onely vpon himselfe put not foorth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

13 ¶ And there was a day, when his sonnes and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brothers house:

14 And there came a messenger vnto Iob, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them,

15 And the Sabeans fell vpon them, and tooke them away: yea they haue slaine the seruants with the edge of the sword, and I onely am escaped alone, to tell thee.

16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heauen, and hath burnt vp the sheepe, and the seruants, and consumed them, and I onely am escaped alone, to tell thee.

17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Caldeans made out three bands, and fell vpon the camels, and haue caried them away, yea, and slaine the seruants with the edge of the sword, and I onely am escaped alone, to tell thee.

18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, & said, Thy sonnes, and thy daughters, were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brothers house.

19 And beholde, there came a great winde from the wildernes, and smote the foure corners of the house, and it fell vpon the yong men, and they are dead, and I onely am escaped alone to tell thee.

20 Then Iob arose, and rent his mantle, and shaued his head, and fell downe vpon the ground and worshipped,

21 And said, Naked came I out of my mothers wombe, and naked shall I returne thither: the Lord gaue, and the Lord hath taken away, blessed be the Name of the Lord.

22 In all this Iob sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 am
Job
Chapter 2

1 Againe there was a day when the sonnes of God came to present themselues before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himselfe before the Lord.

2 And the Lord said vnto Satan, From whence commest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to & fro in the earth, and from walking vp and downe in it.

3 And the Lord said vnto Satan, Hast thou considered my seruant Iob, that there is none like him in the earth; a perfect and an vpright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth euill? and still hee holdeth fast his integritie, although thou moouedst mee against him, to destroy him without cause.

4 And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skinne for skinne, yea all that a man hath, wil he giue for his life.

5 But put foorth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.

6 And the Lord said vnto Satan, Behold, hee is in thine hand, but saue his life.

7 ¶ So went Satan foorth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Iob with sore biles, from the sole of his foote vnto his crowne.

8 And hee tooke him a potsheard to scrape himselfe withall; and hee sate downe among the ashes.

9 ¶ Then saide his wife vnto him, Doest thou still reteine thine integritie? Curse God, and die.

10 But he said vnto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh; what? shall wee receiue good at the hand of God, and shall wee not receiue euill? In all this did not Iob sinne with his lippes.

11 ¶ Now when Iobs three friends heard of all this euill, that was come vpon him, they came euery one from his owne place: Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite; for they had made an appointment together to come to mourne with him, and to comfort him.

12 And when they lift vp their eyes afarre off, and knew him not, they lifted vp their voice, and wept; and they rent euery one his mantle, and sprinckled dust vpon their heades toward heauen.

13 So they sate downe with him vpon the ground seuen dayes, and seuen nights, and none spake a word vnto him; for they saw that his griefe was very great.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am
Job
Chapter 3

1 After this, opened Iob his mouth, and cursed his day.

2 And Iob spake, and said,

3 Let the day perish, wherein I was borne, and the night in which it was said, There is a man-childe conceiued.

4 Let that day bee darkenesse, let not God regard it from aboue, neither let the light shine vpon it.

5 Let darkenes and the shadowe of death staine it, let a cloud dwell vpon it, let the blacknes of the day terrifie it.

6 As for that night, let darkenesse seaze vpon it, let it not be ioyned vnto the dayes of the yeere, let it not come into the number of the moneths.

7 Loe, let that night be solitarie, let no ioyfull voice come therein.

8 Let them curse it that curse the day, who are ready to raise vp their mourning.

9 Let the starres of the twilight thereof be darke, let it looke for light, but haue none, neither let it see the dawning of the day:

10 Because it shut not vp the doores of my mothers wombe, nor hid sorrowe from mine eyes.

11 Why died I not from the wombe? why did I not giue vp the ghost when I came out of the bellie?

12 Why did the knees preuent mee? or why the breasts, that I should sucke?

13 For now should I haue lien still and beene quiet, I should haue slept; then had I bene at rest,

14 With Kings and counsellers of the earth, which built desolate places for themselues,

15 Or with Princes that had golde, who filled their houses with siluer:

16 Or as an hidden vntimely birth, I had not bene; as infants which neuer saw light.

17 There the wicked cease from troubling: and there the wearie be at rest.

18 There the prisoners rest together, they heare not the voice of the oppressour.

19 The small and great are there, and the seruant is free from his master.

20 Wherefore is light giuen to him that is in misery, and life vnto the bitter in soule?

21 Which long for death, but it commeth not, and dig for it more then for hid treasures:

22 Which reioice exceedingly, and are glad when they can finde the graue?

23 Why is light giuen to a man, whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in?

24 For my sighing commeth before I eate, and my roarings are powred out like the waters.

25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come vpon me, and that which I was afraid of, is come vnto me.

26 I was not in safetie, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet: yet trouble came.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 am
Job
Chapter 4

1 Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered, and said,

2 If we assay to commune with thee, wilt thou be grieued? But who can withhold himselfe from speaking?

3 Beholde, Thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weake hands.

4 Thy words haue vpholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees.

5 But now it is come vpon thee, and thou faintest, it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled.

6 Is not this thy feare, thy confidence; the vprightnesse of thy wayes and thy hope?

7 Remember, I pray thee, who euer perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off?

8 Euen as I haue seene, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickednsse, reape the same.

9 By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath of his nostrils are they consumed.

10 The roaring of the Lyon, and the voice of the fierce Lyon, and the teeth of the yong Lyons are broken.

11 The old Lyon perisheth for lacke of pray, and the stout Lyons whelpes are scattered abroad.

12 Nowe a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine eare receiued a litle thereof.

13 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deepe sleepe falleth on men:

14 Feare came vpon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.

15 Then a spirit passed before my face: the haire of my flesh stood vp.

16 It stood still, but I could not discerne the forme thereof: an image was before mine eyes, there was silence, and I heard a voyce, saying,

17 Shall mortall man be more iust then God? shall a man bee more pure then his maker?

18 Behold, hee put no trust in his seruants; and his Angels hee charged with folly:

19 Howe much lesse on them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth.

20 They are destroyed from morning to euening: they perish for euer, without any regarding it.

21 Doeth not their excellencie which is in them, goe away? they die, euen without wisedome.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:08 am
Job
Chapter 5

1 Call now, if there be any that wil answere thee, and to which of the Saints wilt thou turne?

2 For wrath killeth the foolish man, and enuy slayeth the silly one.

3 I haue seene the foolish taking roote: but suddenly I cursed his habitation.

4 His children are farre from safetie, and they are crushed in the gate, neither is there any to deliuer them.

5 Whose haruest the hungry eateth vp, and taketh it euen out of the thorns, and the robber swalloweth vp their substance.

6 Although affliction commeth not forth of the dust, neither doeth trouble spring out of the ground:

7 Yet man is borne vnto trouble, as the sparkes flie vpward.

8 I would seeke vnto God, and vnto God would I commit my cause:

9 Which doth great things & vnsearchable: marueilous things without number.

10 Who giueth raine vpon the earth, and sendeth waters vpon the fields:

11 To set vp on high those that be low; that those which mourne, may be exalted to safetie.

12 Hee disappointeth the deuices of the craftie, so that their hands cannot performe their enterprise.

13 He taketh the wise in their owne craftinesse: and the counsell of the froward is caried headlong.

14 They meete with darkenesse in the day time, and grope in the noone day as in the night.

15 But he saueth the poore from the sword, from their mouth, and from the hand of the mightie.

16 So the poore hath hope, and iniquitie stoppeth her mouth.

17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almightie.

18 For he maketh sore, and bindeth vp: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.

19 Hee shall deliuer thee in sixe troubles, yea in seuen there shall no euill touch thee.

20 In famine he shall redeeme thee from death: and in warre from the power of the sword.

21 Thou shalt be hidde from the scourge of the tongue: neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction, when it commeth.

22 At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth.

23 For thou shalt be in league with the stones of the field: and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with thee.

24 And thou shalt know that thy tabernacle shall bee in peace; and thou shalt visite thy habitation, and shalt not sinne.

25 Thou shalt know also that thy seede shalbe great, and thine offspring as the grasse of the earth.

26 Thou shalt come to thy graue in a full age, like as a shocke of corne commeth in, in his season.

27 Loe this, wee haue searched it, so it is; heare it, and know thou it for thy good.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:25 am
Job
Chapter 6

1 But Iob answered, and sayd,

2 Oh that my griefe were throughly weighed, and my calamitie layd in the balances together.

3 For now it would be heauier then the sand of the sea, therefore my words are swallowed vp.

4 For the arrowes of the Almightie are within me, the poyson whereof drinketh vp my spirit: the terrors of God doe set themselues in aray against mee.

5 Doeth the wilde asse bray when he hath grasse? or loweth the oxe ouer his fodder?

6 Can that which is vnsauery, bee eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egge?

7 The things that my soule refused to touch, are as my sorrowfull meat.

8 O that I might haue my request! and that God would graunt mee the thing that I long for!

9 Euen that it would please God to destroy mee, that he would let loose his hand, and cut me off.

10 Then should I yet haue comfort, yea I would harden my selfe in sorrow; let him not spare, for I haue not concealed the words of the holy One.

11 What is my strength, that I should hope? and what is mine ende, that I should prolong my life?

12 Is my strength the strength of stones? or is my flesh of brasse?

13 Is not my helpe in me? and is wisedome driuen quite from me?

14 To him that is afflicted, pitie should be shewed from his friend; But he forsaketh the feare of the Almighty.

15 My brethren haue delt deceitfully as a brooke, & as the streame of brookes they passe away,

16 Which are blackish by reason of the yce, and wherein the snow is hid:

17 What time they waxe warme, they vanish: when it is hot, they are consumed out of their place.

18 The pathes of their way are turned aside; they goe to nothing, and perish.

19 The troupes of Tema looked, the companies of Sheba waited for them.

20 They were confounded because they had hoped; they came thither, and were ashamed.

21 For now ye are nothing; ye see my casting downe, and are afraid.

22 Did I say, Bring vnto mee? or giue a reward for me of your substance?

23 Or deliuer me from the enemies hand, or redeeme me from the hand of the mighty?

24 Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause mee to vnderstand wherein I haue erred.

25 How forcible are right wordes? but what doeth your arguing reproue?

26 Do ye imagine to reproue words, and the speeches of one that is desperate, which are as winde?

27 Yea, ye ouerwhelme the fatherlesse, and you digge a pit for your friend.
28 Now therefore be content, looke vpon mee, for it is euident vnto you, if I lie.

29 Returne, I pray you, let it not be iniquitie; yea returne againe: my righteousnesse is in it.

30 Is there iniquitie in my tongue? cannot my taste discerne peruerse things?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 am
Job
Chapter 7

1 Is there not an appointed time to man vpon earth? are not his dayes also like the dayes of an hireling?

2 As a seruant earnestly desireth the shadow, and as an hireling looketh for the reward of his worke:

3 So am I made to possesse moneths of vanitie, and wearisome nights are appointed to me.

4 When I lie downe, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro, vnto the dawning of the day.

5 My flesh is cloathed with wormes and clods of dust, my skinne is broken, and become loathsome.

6 My dayes are swifter then a weauers shuttle, and are spent without hope.

7 O remember that my life is winde: mine eye shall no more see good.

8 The eye of him that hath seene me, shall see mee no more: thine eyes are vpon me, and I am not.

9 As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth downe to the graue, shall come vp no more.

10 Hee shall returne no more to his house: neither shall his place know him any more.

11 Therefore I will not refraine my mouth, I wil speake in the anguish of my spirit, I will complaine in the bitternesse of my soule.

12 Am I a sea, or a whale, that thou settest a watch ouer me?

13 When I say, My bed shal comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaint:

14 Then thou skarest mee with dreames, and terrifiest me through visions.

15 So that my soule chooseth strangling: and death rather then my life.

16 I loath it, I would not liue alway: let me alone, for my dayes are vanitie.

17 What is man, that thou shouldest magnifie him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart vpon him?

18 And that thou shouldest visite him euery morning, and trie him euery moment?

19 How long wilt thou not depart from me? nor let me alone till I swallow downe my spittle?

20 I haue sinned, what shall I doe vnto thee, O thou preseruer of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to my selfe?

21 And why doest thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquitie? for now shall I sleepe in the dust, and thou shalt seeke me in the morning, but I shall not be.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:36 am
Job
Chapter 8

1 Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,

2 How long wilt thou speake these things? and how long shall the wordes of thy mouth be like a strong wind?

3 Doth God peruert iudgement? or doth the Almightie peruert iustice?

4 If thy children haue sinned against him, and he haue cast them away for their transgression:

5 If thou wouldest seeke vnto God betimes, and make thy supplication to the Almightie:

6 If thou wert pure and vpright, surely now he would awake for thee, and make the habitation of thy righteousnes prosperous.

7 Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.

8 For enquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thy selfe to the search of their fathers.

9 (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our dayes vpon earth are a shadow.)

10 Shall not they teach thee, and tell thee, & vtter words out of their heart?

11 Can the rush growe vp without myre? can the flag growe without water?

12 Whilest it is yet in his greennesse, and not cut downe, it withereth before any other herbe.

13 So are the paths of all that forget God, and the hypocrites hope shall perish:

14 Whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spiders web.

15 He shall leane vpon his house, but it shall not stand: he shal hold it fast, but it shall not endure.

16 He is greene before the sunne, and his branch shooteth forth in his garden.

17 His roots are wrapped about the heape, and seeth the place of stones.

18 If he destroy him from his place, then it shal denie him, saying, I haue not seene thee.

19 Beholde, this is the ioy of his way, and out of the earth shall others grow.

20 Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will hee helpe the euill doers:

21 Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with reioycing.

22 They that hate thee shall be cloathed with shame, and the dwelling place of the wicked shall come to nought.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:09 am
Job
Chapter 9

1 Then Iob answered, and said,

2 I know it is so of a trueth: but howe should man be iust with God.

3 If he will contend with him, he cannot answere him one of a thousand.

4 He is wise in heart, and mightie in strength: who hath hardened himselfe against him, and hath prospered?

5 Which remoueth the mountains, and they know not: which ouerturneth them in his anger:

6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, & the pillars thereof tremble:

7 Which commandeth the Sunne, and it riseth not: and sealeth vp the starres.

8 Which alone spreadeth out the heauens, and treadeth vpon the waues of the Sea.

9 Which maketh Arcturus, Orion and Pleiades, and the chambers of the South.

10 Which doeth great things past finding out, yea and wonders without number.

11 Loe, hee goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceiue him not.

12 Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say vnto him, What doest thou?

13 If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers doe stoupe vnder him.

14 How much lesse shall I answere him, and choose out my words to reason with him?

15 Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answere, but I would make supplication to my Iudge.

16 If I had called, and had answered me, yet would I not beleeue that he had hearkened vnto my voice:

17 For he breaketh me with a tempest, and multiplieth my wounds without cause.

18 Hee will not suffer me to take my breath, but filleth me with bitternesse.

19 If I speake of strength, loe, hee is strong: and if of iudgement, who shall set me a time to pleade?

20 If I iustifie my selfe, mine owne mouth shall condemne me: If I say, I am perfect, it shall also prooue me peruerse.

21 Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soule: I would despise my life.

22 This is one thing, therefore I said it; he destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.

23 If the scourge slay suddenly, hee will laugh at the triall of the innocent.

24 The earth is giuen into the hand of the wicked: he couereth the faces of the Iudges thereof; if not, where, and who is hee?

25 Now my dayes are swifter then a Poste: they flee away, they see no good.

26 They are passed away as the ships: as the Eagle that hasteth to the pray.

27 If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leaue off my heauinesse, and comfort my selfe.

28 I am afraid of all my sorrowes, I know that thou wilt not holde me innocent.

29 If I be wicked, why then labour I in vaine?

30 If I wash my selfe with snow water, and make my handes neuer so cleane:

31 Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine owne clothes shall abhorre me.

32 For he is not a man as I am, that I should answere him, and we should come together in iudgement.

33 Neither is there any dayes-man betwixt vs, that might lay his hand vpon vs both.

34 Let him take his rodde away from me, & let not his feare terrifie me:

35 Then would I speake, and not feare him; but it is not so with me.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:14 am
Job
Chapter 10

1 My soule is weary of my life, I will leaue my complaint vpon my selfe; I will speake in the bitternesse of my soule.

2 I will say vnto God, Doe not condemne mee; shewe me wherefore thou contendest with me.

3 Is it good vnto thee, that thou shouldest oppresse? that thou shouldest despise the worke of thine hands? and shine vpon the counsell of the wicked?

4 Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth?

5 Are thy dayes as the dayes of man? are thy yeeres as mans dayes,

6 That thou enquirest after mine iniquitie, and searchest after my sinne?

7 Thou knowest that I am not wicked, and there is none that can deliuer out of thine hand.

8 Thine hands haue made me and fashioned me together round about yet thou doest destroy me.

9 Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay, and wilt thou bring me into dust againe?

10 Hast thou not powred me out as milke, and cruddled me like cheese?

11 Thou hast cloathed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinewes.

12 Thou hast granted me life and fauour, and thy visitation hath preserued my spirit.

13 And these things hast thou hid in thine heart; I know that this is with thee.

14 If I sinne, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquite me from mine iniquitie.

15 If I be wicked, woe vnto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift vp my head: I am full of confusion, therefore see thou mine affliction:

16 For it increaseth: thou huntest me as a fierce Lion: and againe thou shewest thy selfe marueilous vpon me.

17 Thou renuest thy witnesses against me, and increasest thine indignation vpon me; Changes and warre are against me.

18 Wherfore then hast thou brought me forth out of the wombe? Oh that I had giuen vp the ghost, and no eye had seene me!

19 I should haue bene as though I had not bene, I should haue bene caried from the wombe to the graue.

20 Are not my dayes few? cease then, and let me alone that I may take comfort a litle,

21 Before I goe whence I shall not returne, euen to the land of darknes and the shadow of death,

22 A land of darknes, as darknes it selfe, and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkenes.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:20 am
Job
Chapter 11

1 Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,

2 Should not the multitude of words be answered? and should man ful of talke be iustified?

3 Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?

4 For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am cleane in thine eyes.

5 But, O that God would speake, and open his lippes against thee,

6 And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisedome, that they are double to that which is: know therefore that God exacteth of thee lesse then thine iniquitie deserueth.

7 Canst thou by searching finde out God? canst thou finde out the Almightie vnto perfection?

8 It is as high as heauen, what canst thou doe? deeper then hell, what canst thou know?

9 The measure therof is longer then the earth, and broader then the sea.

10 If he cut off, and shut vp, or gather together, then who can hinder him?

11 For, he knoweth vaine men: hee seeth wickednesse also, will he not then consider it?

12 For vaine man would be wise; though man be borne like a wilde asses coult.

13 If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him:

14 If iniquitie be in thine hand, put it farre away, and let not wickednes dwell in thy tabernacles.

15 For then shalt thou lift vp thy face without spot, yea thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not feare:

16 Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that passe away:

17 And thine age shalbe clearer then the noone day; thou shalt shine foorth, thou shalt be as the morning.

18 And thou shalt be secure because there is hope, yea thou shalt digge about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.

19 Also thou shalt lye downe, and none shall make thee afraid; yea many shall make suite vnto thee.

20 But the eyes of the wicked shall faile, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giuing vp of the ghost.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:39 am
Job
Chapter 12

1 And Iob answered, and sayd,

2 No doubt but ye are the people, and wisedome shall die with you.

3 But I haue vnderstanding as well as you, I am not inferiour to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?

4 I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth vpon God, and he answereth him: the iust vpright man is laughed to scorne.

5 He that is ready to slippe with his feet, is as a lamp despised in the thought of him that is at ease.

6 The tabernacles of robbers prosper, and they that prouoke God are secure, into whose hand God bringeth abundantly.

7 But aske now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the foules of the aire, and they shall tell thee.

8 Or speake to the earth, and it shall teach thee; and the fishes of the sea shall declare vnto thee.

9 Who knoweth not in all these, that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?

10 In whose hand is the soule of euery liuing thing, and the breath of all mankinde.

11 Doeth not the eare trie wordes? and the mouth taste his meate?

12 With the ancient is wisedome, and in length of dayes, vnderstanding.

13 With him is wisedome & strength, he hath counsell and vnderstanding.

14 Behold, he breaketh downe, and it cannot be built againe: hee shutteth vp a man, and there can be no opening.

15 Behold, hee withholdeth the waters, and they drie vp: also hee sendeth them out, and they ouerturne the earth.

16 With him is strength & wisedome: the deceiued, and the deceiuer, are his.

17 He leadeth counsellers away spoiled, and maketh the Iudges fooles.

18 He looseth the bond of kings, and girdeth their loines with a girdle.

19 He leadeth Princes away spoiled, and ouerthroweth the mightie.

20 He remooueth away the speech of the trustie, and taketh away the vnderstanding of the aged.

21 He powreth contempt vpon princes, and weakeneth the strength of the mightie.

22 Hee discouereth deepe things out of darkenesse, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.

23 He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: hee inlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them againe.

24 He taketh away the heart of the chiefe of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a wildernes where there is no way.

25 They grope in the darke without light, and hee maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:18 am
Job
Chapter 13

1 Loe, mine eye hath seene all this, mine eare hath heard and vnderstood it.

2 What yee know, the same doe I know also, I am not inferiour vnto you.

3 Surely I would speake to the Almighty, & I desire to reason with God.

4 But ye are forgers of lies, yee are all Physicians of no value.

5 O that you would altogether hold your peace, & it should be your wisdome.

6 Heare now my reasoning, and hearken to the pleadings of my lips.

7 Wil you speake wickedly for God? and talke deceitfully for him?

8 Will ye accept his person? Will yee contend for God?

9 Is it good that hee should search you out? or as one man mocketh another, doe ye so mocke him?

10 He will surely reprooue you, if yee doe secretly accept persons.

11 Shall not his excellencie make you afraid? and his dread fall vpon you?

12 Your remembrances are like vnto ashes, your bodies to bodies of clay.

13 Hold your peace, let me alone that I may speake, and let come on me what will.

14 Wherefore doe I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand?

15 Though hee slay mee, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintaine mine owne wayes before him.

16 Hee also shall be my saluation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.

17 Heare diligently my speach, and my declaration with your eares.

18 Behold now, I haue ordered my cause, I know that I shall be iustified.

19 Who is hee that will plead with me? for now if I hold my tongue, I shall giue vp the ghost.

20 Only doe not two things vnto me: then will I not hide my selfe from thee.

21 Withdrawe thine hand far from me: and let not thy dread make mee afraid.

22 Then call thou, and I will answere: or let me speake, and answere thou mee.

23 How many are mine iniquities and sinnes? make mee to knowe my transgression, and my sinne.

24 Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and holdest me for thine enemie?

25 Wilt thou breake a leafe driuen to and fro? and wilt thou pursue the drie stubble?

26 For thou writest bitter things against mee, and makest me to possesse the iniquities of my youth.

27 Thou puttest my feete also in the stockes, and lookest narrowly vnto all my pathes; thou settest a print vpon the heeles of my feete.

28 And hee, as a rotten thing consumeth, as a garment that is moth-eaten.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:37 am
Job
Chapter 14

1 Man that is borne of a woman, is of few dayes, and full of trouble.

2 Hee commeth forth like a flower, and is cut downe: he fleeth also, as a shaddow and continueth not.

3 And doest thou open thine eies vpon such an one, and bringest me into iudgment with thee?

4 Who can bring a cleane thing out of an vncleane? not one.

5 Seeing his daies are determined, the number of his moneths are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot passe.

6 Turne from him that hee may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hircling, his day.

7 For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut downe, that it will sprout againe, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.

8 Though the roote thereof waxe old in the earth, and the stocke thereof die in the ground:

9 Yet through the sent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughes like a plant.

10 But man dyeth, and wasteth away; yea, man giueth vp the ghost, and where is hee?

11 As the waters faile from the sea, and the floud decayeth and dryeth vp:

12 So man lyeth downe, and riseth not, till the heauens be no more, they shall not awake; nor bee raised out of their sleepe.

13 O that thou wouldest hide mee in the graue, that thou wouldest keepe me secret, vntill thy wrath bee past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me.

14 If a man die, shall he liue againe? All the dayes of my appointed time will I waite, till my change come.

15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt haue a desire to the worke of thine hands.

16 For nowe thou numbrest my steppes, doest thou not watch ouer my sinne?

17 My transgression is sealed vp in a bagge, and thou sowest vp mine iniquitie.

18 And surely the mountaine falling commeth to nought: and the rocke is remoued out of his place.

19 The waters weare the stones, thou washest away the things which growe out of the dust of the earth, and thou destroyest the hope of man.

20 Thou preuailest for euer against him, and hee passeth: thou changest his countenance, and sendest him away.

21 His sonnes come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought lowe, but he perceiueth it not of them.

22 But his flesh vpon him shall haue paine, and his soule within him shall mourne.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games