Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Memorable Threads
Light One Candle: A Holiday Giveaway -- CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This thread is closed.
Not because I don't want to give stuff away,
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
but because I don't want to be the boss anymore.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I love you guys,
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
and if I don't see you in TheShrike's giveaway thread,
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'll hunt you down and beat you to death with a shovel.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
(A vague disclaimer is no one's friend.)
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

redgoddess

3,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:00 am
Sounds nice Divash smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:01 pm
Howdy, folks. smile I just wanted to give a heads-up. I will be out of town from the 26th of February until the 4th of March. I'll pick and inform the contest winner when I get back from Disneyland!

Meanwhile, any thoughts on how I might be able to spend 35k? I'd like to get the winner something they'll really enjoy.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

redgoddess

3,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Wow Disneyland. I wish so badly that I was going somewhere on vacation *Sobs* crying Heck I'd settle for a little time off lol. The weather has been gorgeous here this week.

I hope you have fun though Divash mrgreen

Hmmm you looking for a big prize or some small ones?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:09 am
One huge prize. Well, huge meaning 35k or so. There's only one day to the Purim holiday, so only one prize. However, I'll also be looking to give away a bunch at Passover, which takes up the whole first week of April this year. Donations and suggestions are both very welcome.

And yes, it'll be great to go there. I've only been once, and I was working (performing) that day, so I didn't really get to do much else. I did go on the teacup ride with some of the other musicians in my group, though. So while I wish I'd gone as a child, I'm still looking forward to creating some great second-childhood memories there with my SO and in-laws. I intend to be silly, have fun, and not spend a single moment thinking about how silly I look. smile  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TheShrike
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Divaaaashh... Take me to DisneyLand...! It's cold and nasty here.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:15 pm
Wow DisneyLand, I never went there but it looks like tons of fun. I would love to just go to Florida right now because it is freezing here.  

Its magically delicious

Aposiopetic Ellipsis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:23 pm
Disneyland? Ah, I want to go. . .

Oh yeah, on a side note, I changed my name recently. sweatdrop

I am pretty much a MN native. Almost. Lived here since when I was 3-4 months old. It just got warmer! It was 32 degrees this morning. >~<

Hope you have fun!

. . .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:47 am
Okay, well, you can't ALL come. There isn't that much room in my luggage! wink Shrike first, because it's her guild and she sometimes shoots donations my way; everyone else can get in line for subsequent trips to that area. I have in-laws there, so I go about every two or three years.

The weather won't quite be swimsuit weather, only in the low 60s (Fahrehneit), I'm told, but it should be pleasant enough to walk around Disneyland, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and a few places where my SO grew up. A nice change of scenery, even though secretly I do prefer the cold and ice. Actually, my favorite kind of weather is a strong, warmish or coolish rain, but I'm not likely to get that for a long time. My city is vacillating between the negative numbers and the low 30s for the past couple of months, and will continue to do so until around the first of April. The area of California I'll be visiting will be warm and dry, because it's a desert.

I plan to have many adventures in Disneyland, and I'll let you know the best ones, right here on this thread and over in TheShrike's giveaway thread, when I get back.  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

redgoddess

3,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:24 pm
Well I went to Disney World once and that was pretty fun. One day just doesn't seem like a whole lot there though lol.

Actually the weather when we were in Florida the first few days was rainy and in the 60's and being from Wisconsin.. that's warm enough to be swimming weather lol. The people there kept looking at us like we were crazy.

I can wait a couple years to go with you next time *Nods* Lol.

We are getting a blizzard here this weekend. I can't even go anywhere sad

I hope you have fun Divash. I'd be ecstatic just to go anywhere on a vacation right now lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:47 am
with 35,000 buy a bunch of small prizes and give them away to ALOT of people instead of just a few.

It's nice to give  

KaramelKat13

Ambrai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:07 pm
I haven't been on for the loooongest time! ...What is my name doing up there? What have I missed????? crying Kinda useless to put it up there ya know... Oh well. Ever onwards! I did absolutely nothing over winter break. Well, I lvl'd a char of mine on WoW from 12 to 21 but I don't know if that counts...Bascially all I did was read, visit one of my friends, and play WoW. I forgot meals and practically didn't sleep. It was wonderful. Oh, and said friend is getting married. On march 13th...I think. She's 17. >< I'd prefer a year long courtship not including the time they spent talking to each other online with at least 6 months spent before they are allowed to sleep in the same room....Instead they met each other in dec, were in the same room within a week, and now say they are getting married. Anyway, that's all I could think of.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:29 pm
I hope you're having fun Divash in the Magic Kingdom.  

KaramelKat13

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:12 pm
Update: I had great fun in Disneyland, and am still tired from all the walking and fun-having with the SO. Now I just need to purchase some wonderful gift for my Purim prize winner and send it off. Yay!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:39 pm
Thank you! heart gonk

You went to Disneyland Divash? ^^ I never been to Disneyland before o___o;

Because I live only something minutes away from Disney World (I live in Florida xD ) and so whenever me and my parents go on vacation, we could go to any amusement park except Disneyland because my parents say "No, we could just go to Disney World back home anyways..."
lol it's weird xD

[boba]bubble-tea

5,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:01 am
Welcome back Divash! Did you see the new contest topic? Farkle? Try it! It's awesome. Of course I could just have an unhealthy attraction to dice games...But you should still try it!  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff