Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild Announcements - Updated in Dec. 2nd 2006 (IMPORTANT) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:17 pm
Menegil
Falathrim
Oh, for the love of...

...I'm not writing a quiz.

No one asked you anything. I just stated an idea... besides, I was just thinking out loud... sweatdrop

Anyways, I agree with both Curumo and Zurgi.

Thaxul: Your announcement concerning the bannings is a it outdated. Should I delete it?

Precisely what I was thinking.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:01 am
I was going to. I just left it up in case someone was still wondering why they were banned.

*goes to delete*

Thaxul

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:43 am
New request: I say yes. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:54 pm
Longbow UK
New request: I say yes. 3nodding

As do I.  

Zurgi

Thaxul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:11 pm
She filled in the form. Read LotR, our minimun requirement, plus the Sil. And her reasons seem very legit and literate. A yes from me too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:35 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:24 am
After I logged on today, I received a PM from Falathrim. He asked me to revoke his Crew status. I did what he asked, but I am still awaiting an explanation...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:34 pm
Menegil
After I logged on today, I received a PM from Falathrim. He asked me to revoke his Crew status. I did what he asked, but I am still awaiting an explanation...

How odd....  

Onoj

Thaxul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:38 pm
Please explain your reasons, Fala.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:09 pm
Falathrim
Menegil
Falathrim
Revoke my crew status.

Now.

o.o

Ok...

May I ask why?

1. There were seven mods. That was one mod per five members. Absolutely ridiculous.

2. Mods don't do anything except lounge about in the announcements thread, saying "Oh, yes, let him in", and then occasionaly editing other people's posts as they see fit. That requires what... two mods, at most?

3. Sometimes, we'd have arguments about letting people in, when it was clear said new person didn't read the rules. I'd say no, and everyone else was all "RULES DON'T ALWAYS NEED TO BE FOLLOED LOL!" What the hell?

4. In the rare event that a mod did try to do some moderating (and keep in mind that mod was always me), he'd get yelled at for TRYING TO SILENCE THE PEOPLES OH MY GOODNESS HOW DARE YOU THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OFF-TOPIC IN THIS GUILD YOU ARE A MEAN PERSON!

I grew sick of it all. Quite frankly, about now I'm more willing to lounge about the subforum than I am in the guild. At least Tolkien discussions in the subforum actually go somewhere one out of ten times; it's more than the guild can say.

Couldn't post this in the announcements thread, of course, what with it being locked, so here you go.

Menegil
Vice Captain

Thaxul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:43 am
My Opinions to some of those points, even though he can't reply. sweatdrop

1. I agree with this point. We need more active members.

2. Sometimes more opinions are a big help when discussing the applications.

3. Not everyone said that. I believe I never said that the rules shouldn't be followed through.

4. I don't even remember one occasion when we needed to moderate, which links in to point 1. Too high a mod to member ratio.

and I'll post my opinions about the lack of Tolkien Discussion in the other announcement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:52 am
Spring Time is over. Yet again, expect my absence throughout the week. crying  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:10 pm
I accepted Ryuke into the guild seeing as he has read Hobbit, Silmarillion, UT, LOTR. So if you see him around, that's why.

The way I see it, waiting for other mods to confirm when I know you will is just pointless o.O So if I see anyone who has at least read LOTR and their application is literate, I'll accept them.

If anyone has a beef with this, let me know and I won't do it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:20 am
Since the "Concerning the Guild's Decay" announcement is outdated, it shall now be deleted.

After much thinking, I've decided to shorten the number of mods, as it was suggested by some guild members. Only two, besides me, should be a Crew Member, since it is the ideal number of Crew Members for a Guild so short of members.

If everyone agrees, I shall proceed with mod status revoking.  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Zurgi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:30 pm
Agreed.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items