Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:32 pm
Not a problem. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm
ale3d
Thanks you so much Requiem, now i need a little more cash lol

Or you could cosplay a COOL character.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ale3d

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 pm
like who Bio??  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall
Okay, so my friend said I had to play the first one and get the Good+ ending before I played SH2, so I put SH2 on hold and downloaded a PSX emulator to play it. It is frickin' bleeding atmosphere. I love it. It just makes me wanna play SH2 so bad, but I shall do as he says!

I really don't see why your friend said that. I mean, sure, ideally, you want to play the games consecutively, but SH1 and SH2 have two completely separate storylines. And none of the endings of SH1 have anything to contribute to SH2. (Well, aside from the UFO ending, but that's just a gag ending.)

Playing SH2 before you play SH1, you will not miss out on anything. SH3 is another story. Yeah, you want to play SH1 before playing SH3. And you'd probably want to play SH2 before playing SH4. But 1 and 2 don't really connect on the storyline level.

Huh. He said it was important that I get the Good+ before playing SH2. Ah well, I'm almost done with it anyway. I last saved on the boat, and I have the plastic bottle of liquid from the hospital and did the whole Kaufmann thing. I'm all set for Good+. And now it's more enjoyable since I'm using my 360 controller in the USB port instead of the keyboard.

Seriously though, this game is so creepy, even if it's a PS1 game... Unlike RE's jump-out-at-you scares (which I sill love, btw, don't get me wrong), Silent Hill really gets into your head (i.e. putting in sounds of things that aren't there, giving you a radio that tells you when enemies are around but you can't see them until they're right up in your face since your dinky flashlight only illuminates the area three feet in front of you... and those damned shadow baby things in the school. Those things are freaky. xd )... It's just a great scary game. It only makes me wonder how SH2 is... and 3 for that matter. SH4 was kind of a low point, I heard, but I bought it and I'll play it anyway. razz Then I need Origins for the PSP. And I will track down 1 (legally xd ) and 3 somewhere!  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:30 pm
I need to get 3 and 4. I'm cursing myself for not picking up 3 when I saw it at a Gamestop down on Cape Cod.... Bugger....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:08 pm
I got lucky and found 3 yesterday. I've never been a big SH fan, but I figure I should start searching for a series that is still survival horror.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:30 pm
Canas Renvall
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall
Okay, so my friend said I had to play the first one and get the Good+ ending before I played SH2, so I put SH2 on hold and downloaded a PSX emulator to play it. It is frickin' bleeding atmosphere. I love it. It just makes me wanna play SH2 so bad, but I shall do as he says!

I really don't see why your friend said that. I mean, sure, ideally, you want to play the games consecutively, but SH1 and SH2 have two completely separate storylines. And none of the endings of SH1 have anything to contribute to SH2. (Well, aside from the UFO ending, but that's just a gag ending.)

Playing SH2 before you play SH1, you will not miss out on anything. SH3 is another story. Yeah, you want to play SH1 before playing SH3. And you'd probably want to play SH2 before playing SH4. But 1 and 2 don't really connect on the storyline level.

Huh. He said it was important that I get the Good+ before playing SH2. Ah well, I'm almost done with it anyway. I last saved on the boat, and I have the plastic bottle of liquid from the hospital and did the whole Kaufmann thing. I'm all set for Good+. And now it's more enjoyable since I'm using my 360 controller in the USB port instead of the keyboard.

Seriously though, this game is so creepy, even if it's a PS1 game... Unlike RE's jump-out-at-you scares (which I sill love, btw, don't get me wrong), Silent Hill really gets into your head (i.e. putting in sounds of things that aren't there, giving you a radio that tells you when enemies are around but you can't see them until they're right up in your face since your dinky flashlight only illuminates the area three feet in front of you... and those damned shadow baby things in the school. Those things are freaky. xd )... It's just a great scary game. It only makes me wonder how SH2 is... and 3 for that matter. SH4 was kind of a low point, I heard, but I bought it and I'll play it anyway. razz Then I need Origins for the PSP. And I will track down 1 (legally xd ) and 3 somewhere!

No, SH4 was actually really good, especially the backstory to it.
The only thing about it was that they rushed the endings. But still, the overall experience was great, it kept me on the edge of my seat trying to find out more about the mystery at hand.

But for NotteRequiem's sake, I ask of you, and anyone else here, to not talk about Silent Hill 2 and on, because she's currently playing through them and I'd hate to spoil anything.

But no, Canas, it is absolutely not necessary for you to beat SH1 in order to play SH2. Maybe your friend is being a pain in the a** and is trying to get you to get the hardest ending in SH1 before you play 2. But since I'm assuming you're using a guide anyway, it's kinda redundant.
SH1 and SH2 are completely unlinked. They're about as linked as Final Fantasy 7 and 8, except SH happens in the same town. That's about it.

Oh, and ANYONE is cooler to cosplay than RE4 Leon. Aside from Ashley, and Saddler, I guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:43 pm
Wow,you all are talking about SH and I was just playing 3. I hate how Konami releases games and then in a year later...stops and you can't find the game in any retail store, the only way I got SH4 new was through Konami's website....3 and 2 are 'out of stock'. stare Origins is ok,Konami's got a PS2 port on the way that'll make it's way sometime in March for anyone who doesnt have a PSP.

My mouth is sealed....

If you can read this...He's comming for you...you better not Hide for He will find you...Death is a sweet release from what will happen when you meet Him...for He is...  

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:51 pm
Well, it's kinda like that with every game. I mean, good luck finding a new copy of Resident Evil Outbreak, these days, right? Or heck even RE4, aside from the Wii version.

That's why eBay is my best friend. I mean, where else could I find the three Evil Dead games for less than $50... Well, more if you count the shipping, but it's still damn good, under $60.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 pm
I know...Except theres a RE package out right now that comes with RE4,Outbreak,and C:V all for under $30 for the PS2. sweatdrop Found it at Best Buy when I bought SH;origins yesterday.

I honestly just have trust issues with ebay...so I try and order it from the Website if I can.

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:10 am
I agree with Campbell. I absolutely despise ordering something off of ebay... but if I have no choice, then I have to use it.

I suppose I could get 3 on amazon still... But then I'll have to save up to get the guides later... I should just order the SH1 guide while it's still only 20.00.

Why does everything need money?! Can't I pay them in meatballs and backrubs??  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:51 am
I wouldn't really need to go online for buying the Silent Hill games. My best friend has all of them and doesn't play games much anymore so if i wanted to play them i'll just ask him. He did give me 1

And i'm gonna agree with buying stuff online. What a pain in the a**.  

Ivory Lie

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:52 am
See, it's just eBay that I have a huge problem with. Granted, I don't buy from people unless they use paypal, but still... I'd rather not use eBay...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:29 am
E-bay stopped me from getting Re2 because of people that sit there for hours on end waiting for the last minute before bidding higher  

Ivory Lie

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:30 am
It's part of the ebay experience.

You sit there for hours and when the time comes you bid at 5 seconds.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games