Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3004 3005 3006 3007 3008 3009 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:04 pm
Where be teh DTT?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:04 pm
Quote of the day...

"Just as planned."

*goes back to catching up on Death Note*  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

thymeast22

Firebreathing Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:10 pm
It's good, in my opinion. The only thing with making it into an rp is, from experience, usually to the writer it gets kinda agravating to try both. Just cause you have ideas for future tihngs in the story in your head, and the rpers don't know them so they do something different. And it's kinda hard to separate the two, so they wind up being similar and just frusterating, to the writer... Or, it could be/probably is just me. >>

But aside from that both're good, the story and idea. I like 'em.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 pm
I never deal in absolute concrete futures. This is just what could happen with events so far. I didnt describe Matt and Huilliame much physically yet, since they wont age too strong.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Interesting ideas, Skreemer. Trowa approves, despite poor Amy's plight.

Actually, I may have a possibility for her. Perhaps she gave Sam the "Let's just be friends" line. She probably preferred it over an *coughintimatecough* relationship with a touring singer.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:21 pm
We'll see. Apart from those I've already mentioned in it, I havent got any definite stories for anyone yet. There'll also be vignettes of other mutants, including the standalone "My Name Is Buddy" which I'm planning now.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:34 pm
Gale OverDrive
Where be teh DTT?

Eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:40 pm
I'm gonna continue on with the sensei, just as planned.  

Gale OverDrive

Skunk Blossoms

Alien Aura

7,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:43 pm
-Is gluggled-

Hello, Trowa (:
heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:44 pm
So... how?

*brain isn't functioning at the moment. Please call back later, or leave a message after the beep. BEEP!*  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:20 pm
Anyway, I wrote My Name Is Buddy, but I'm not releasing it until I've got Sam's first chapter sorted. I'm trying to vary writing styles according to characters and whether they're multiple character chapters. Huilliame and Matt get the buddy cop treatment mixed with the usual concerns of family men and married eccentrics in their late thirties to early forties. Sam I''ve put down as a sort of Chuck Palahniuk character, stream of conscience with facts and trivia interspersed. Lite's going to get the diary stories and Logan's going to have sort of Kurt Vonnegut thing and the Chapters about Sergey and the other terrorist mutants are going to be recollections to a psychiatrist in a prison. All the new mutants are going to be shown needed to, usually in first person.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:28 pm
Ah, now that's certaionly of interest. I can't wait to see what will come of your updating. If it's on your list of things to revamp, feel free to modify my additions.

I like your story so far, Skreemer. Have free reign with Matt so long as he is in-character (which really isn't that hard).
There is one minor note, though: Matt doesn't swear (nor does any character I create), so maybe switch the d*mnit to dangit, darnit, or some other alternate? I don't want to seem picky, but that really is my one stipulation.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:34 pm
Well, the 101 was never actually finished. *coughcough* There are some missing pieces, but anywho.

I keep wondering who the Sarah is in the story that Matt's married to - is it the headmistress!? xD

Edit: Skreemer, I don't mean to nitpick or anything, but there's a sentence of dialog which needs fixing. Matt says that Sarah should take out the two kids, for dinner but instead of calling the daughter Ruth, you wrote Sarah.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:44 pm
Ah, one second.
As for the Sarah, she's a normal girl Matt meets working at the U.N. as a translator. I'll get on the edits now.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:53 pm
One question for all you PS-goers.
How soon do you guys want me to start working on PS 2? I've got school this next week, but once I get into the swing of all my classes, I can pretty much work on about anything.
Heck, i've worked on RP ideas in class before >>;  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3004 3005 3006 3007 3008 3009 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games