Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:39 pm

It is. I've always thought of it as a way for couples to rub it into singles faces that they are that. Its just another way for companys to line theyre pockets.

I wonder what other crappy holiday they'll make
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:44 pm

I do. I've always hated that holiday, to be honest. I never understood why they should set aside one day to show affection to your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/whatever. Another than, of course, having companies make a shitload of money. -_-

Vankala

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:46 pm

As true as some of the stuff everyone has said is, some people get married for all the wrong reasons. You know, for money, for power, for influence (Political), for (well I can't think of the word) but something like a publicity stunt kinda thing, and even because the you-know was good.
And now for alittle personal data before I continue, Rachel, my wife, I knew when we were growing up. So a fight between us is nothing. We've had time to compare what we have in common and even time to practice not talking about stuff that we shouldn't talk about. You know, like old relationships. See, before our senior year in High School, I avoided her. I don't know why, but I avoided her, dated other people and still ended up with her. I don't know about her, but she said not to bring it up or it'll just piss me off. So, we just know what not to do or say around each other.
Anyway, most relationships seem to start at places they shouldn't be. Whether it be work, or at a bar. They most often don't work out. Actually, I have a friend who, well he met his first wife at a church one Sunday morning. Weird, I know. But, it all comes down to getting to know the person you're 'in-love' with.
And Bio, Valentine's day is just like any other Holiday type thing. One day it meant something, than the next a huge corporation decided, "screw you guys, let's make even more money!" Then people go buy gifts, and they buy more expensive things, which makes it seem like they have alot of money. So it leads to an example I had from earlier, where they get married because the other is rich.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:46 pm

And I'm not even being a cynical single person. I just don't like it in general.

EDIT: Also, Elliot, it's not a science. Believe me. Anything could happen. Doesn't matter how you came to know that person.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:53 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
And I'm not even being a cynical single person. I just don't like it in general.

EDIT: Also, Elliot, it's not a science. Believe me. Anything could happen. Doesn't matter how you came to know that person.

Yes, anything can happen, but normally couples who've known each other all their lives or a good deal of their life, have a higher chance of staying together than two people who met in Vegas one night, and got married the next.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Higher chance, yes, but it's still not guaranteed.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Higher chance, yes, but it's still not guaranteed.

It's not guaranteed, but well, nothing can be guaranteed nowadays.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:12 pm

Well, Elliot... I don't really agree with your logic. I could be married to someone whom I love for 15 years, and then they turn around and tell me that they're gay.

What happens then?

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Yes, but I should point out that you said that 'I love' that doesn't imply that they shared your feelings. Quite possibly, the guy married that person/you so they don't seem gay. Or it could be he married the person/you for money. As I also said, some people have a false love based on money. So, when the person/you are a child, they are your friend, they see you have a better life style than his own/ or seem richer, they decide to fake it for the sake of money. Some cases they want to be with a family member (including older brother) so they settle for the person to wait for the family member. It's not too common, but it's also a possibility.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Still, it could apply to anything. No one is really singled out from being involved in a bad relationship. It could happen to anyone. Two people can love each other all they want, it doesn't mean that the marriage can work out.

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:54 pm

But that's why some don't get married. They just stay together.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Mmhmm. But some DO get married, and then they realize it wont work out, etc, the cycle starts anew.

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:59 pm

True.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Well, it seems that Capcom decided to port Lost Planet to PS3.
So, either they've realized, like... "Oh, well, maybe we should have been paying attention to PS3's success. Just because it's last, doesn't mean it's failing."

Or, they're doing their usual capcom thing, "It's successful? Let's port it!"

I wanted to try the demo, but it was an online demo, so I tried joining a bunch of rooms and the connections were crappy, or the rooms were full. Either way it's problematic. Until Capcom releases a NORMAL demo, I'm not gonna bother with it.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:40 pm

It's the latter.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games