Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Naked Nyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:47 pm
Haha, possibly. What does it involve?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 pm
Welcome Raven! Or LAD. Can I call you LAD? :3 I enjoy acronyms. Ask GOD. <3

*noms on marshmallows* :9  

Cobalt

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:55 pm
It's still in the concept stage, but it mainly revolves around a re-formed British Library Special Operations division taking on a terrorist organisation led by the former leader's murderer.

Hi, Cobalt! *huggles* heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Hi! *huggles back*

That.... kind of sounds like The Librarian movie. XD;; Um, I think there are two, but I've only seen the first. It's about this dude who's like, 30-something and has spent his whole life getting degree after degree on lots of topics, mostly history-related I think. He's some kind of really smart guy. Anyway, he's a cliche'd hot-guy loser, but knows a TON. He applies for a job at the local library, and finds out the library's basement is full of wild, fantasy artifacts, like Excalibur and the Spear of Destiny (Lance of Longinus). But the place gets robbed, so he's sent off with a hot field-wise woman to guard him while he recovers the Spear. Turns out a former Librarian was behind it.

Uh, yeah. >__>;; It's been a while. But it does sound similar, no?

Oh, and here's the imdb link, fyi. I'm sure you're all not interested, but whatever. It was a rather silly, only slightly entertaining movie. *shrug*  

Cobalt

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 pm
I believe I've seen that movie, actually. Or a sequel.

My RP is nothing like it, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:25 pm
Oh, well, you know. whatevs. :3 Never seen ROD, so I'm just making s**t up.  

Cobalt

Naked Nyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Hey, call me whatever you like. Except Shar-Bear. ANYTHING but Shar-Bear. Hate that name... *grumble grumble* ANYWAY!

It sounds interesting. Get me some more info, and I'd gladly do it. I should warn you, however, my RP skills have rusted a bit. I haven't been able to find a decent RP buddy for quite some time. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:31 pm
Haha, I have a RL friend named Gary, and his mother sometimes calls him "Gare-bear." He tolerates it, but slaughters anybody else who tries to call him that. XD I just call him Garrison, because Garrison is an awesome name. :3  

Cobalt

Naked Nyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:52 pm
Hey, yeah, you're right. Garrison IS an awesome name. O.O Dude... I just had an epiphany, from a name...,XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 pm
Wasnt the spear of Longinus a nazi artifact?  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:27 pm
Sorry, but I don't get why people would want to RP one-on-one or why they would have an RP buddy, unless its. . . you know . . .cyb3ring. RPing, in my opinion, has always been and will always be best in groups; as proved by DnD and other tabletop RPs.

Yes, Cobalt does like her acronyms. heart

Hi, I'm G.O.D.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:09 pm
Most of the group RPs I've done have either gotten too confusing, or have gotten off the main plot so badly that it could never return. That's why it's easier for me to just RP with one person that you can collaborate with. I've gotten some very good plots out of the RPs I've done with a couple of other people.  

Naked Nyx

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:17 pm
That's why RPs have to be moderated by the creator, so that no one strays from the plot. If the RP shoots off in the wrong direction and no one's trying to bring it back, that just shows lack of skill on the creator's part.

On the other hand, they could be like me and be a free-form type of RP creator. Free-form RP creators make the plot as the people RP along, therefore, no one can really go away from the 'main plot', because the creator will keep adapting the plot to fit what the players are doing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:23 pm
You have a point, GOD. XD Sorry, that just amuses me. Anyway, I see where you're coming from, and that's why I haven't been RPing in a long time. Hopefully I can get back into my groove, and possibly get better.  

Naked Nyx

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:35 pm
You should take a gander at Kiki's RP list, and start to join one from there.

Enjoy your stay at RPR.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games