Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:21 pm

As they say, there are lots of fish in the sea. In the meantime, consider joining Facebook.com. smile

Oh yeah, someone asked about "AI" earlier...

Quote:
Definitions of AI on the Web:

Army Intelligence: an agency of the United States Army responsible for providing timely and relevant and accurate and synchronized intelligence to tactical and operational and strategic level commanders

artificial intelligence: the branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively; "workers in AI hope to imitate or duplicate intelligence in computers and robots"

three-toed sloth: a sloth that has three long claws on each forefoot and each hindfoot

artificial insemination: the introduction of semen into the oviduct or uterus by some means other than sexual intercourse
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

In the eddic poem Rígthula (Old Norse Rígþula ) 'Song of Ríg', the name Ríg is applied to a god who is called "old and wise, mighty and strong" who wandered through the world and brought into being (apparently by fathering them) the progenitors of the three classes of human beings as conceived by the poet. The youngest of these sons inherited the name 'Rig' and his youngest son, Kon the Young or Kon ung (konung meaning 'king' in Old Norse) also inherited the name or title Ríg. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ái

Florence Anthony (born 1947) is an American poet. She has legally changed her name to Ai, the Japanese word for "love".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_(poet)

Ai - "Heap of Ruins" - refers to two places in ancient Israel (See History of ancient Israel and Judah)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_(Bible)

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (actual on-screen title: Artificial Intelligence: A.I.) (2001) was the last project that filmmaker Stanley Kubrick worked on.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_(movie)

Et-Tell is an archaeological site in Israel that is popularly thought to be the Biblical city of Ai.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_(biblical)

(sometimes AIS) abbreviation for Advance Information (Sheet), a document produced by publishers for new titles to provide information for the purpose of subscription to book buyers and initiating promotional opportunities. Typical contents would include a blurb, author biography, review of the author’s previous works, provisional specification, publication date and price.
www.osi.hu/cpd/resources/paglossary.htm

A recommended average daily nutrient intake level based on observed or experimentally determined approximations or estimates of mean nutrient intake by a group (or groups)of apparently healthy people. This is used when the Recommended Dietary Allowance cannot be determined. (IOM, 2003)
www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/report/HTML/G1_Glossary.htm

(abbreviation) See artificial intelligence.
connectors.tycoelectronics.com/glossary/

Artificial Intelligence, the field of computer science dedicated to developing computers that mimic the complex relational functions of the human brain.
www.wrightcolorgraphics.com/a.htm

the use of programs to enable machines to perform tasks which humans perform using their intelligence. Early AI avoided human pychological models, but this orientation has been altered by the development of connectionism, which is based on theories of how the brain works. In connectionism, complex functions, including learning, involve the transmission of information along pathways formed among large arrays of simple elements. ...
www.filosofia.net/materiales/rec/glosaen.htm

A reproductive technology in which semen is collected from males, then used in fresh or frozen form to breed females.
www.alpacas.com/AlpacaLibrary/GlossaryAC.aspx

placement of a sperm sample inside the female reproductive tract can be carried out by a number of different techniques: intracervical insemination, intrauterine insemination, intratubal insemination. (More? Week 1 Notes)
embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/Notes/Index/A.htm

Placing sperm into the v****a, uterus or fallopian tubes through artificial means.
members.tripod.com/allydreams-ivil/id3.html

Artificial insemination
www.studbook.com/terms.html

a rock property that is the product of the compressional wave velocity in the rock multiplied by the rock's average density. The reflections recorded in a seismic data set are caused by changes in AI from one formation to the next. Seismic Inversion is the process of trying to estimate the AI distribution in the earth from the seismic data.
www.chromaenergy.com/ourtechnology_glossary.asp

tools that exhibit human intelligence and behaviour including self-learning robots, expert systems, voice recognition, natural and automated translation.
www.unesco.org/education/educprog/lwf/doc/portfolio/definitions.htm

The sperm of a woman's husband/partner is inserted directly into the cervix via the v****a. There are variations of this practice, including intrauterine insemination (IUI), which usually also includes ovarian stimulation and preparation of sperm.
www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/media/releases/2002/2002_34bk8.htm

the branch of Computing Science concerned with simulating aspects of human intelligence such as language comprehension and production, vision, planning, etc.
www.essex.ac.uk/linguistics/clmt/MTbook/HTML/node98.html

Computational techniques to automate tasks that require human intelligence and the ability to reason.
library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/pub_bok1_025042.html

(1872-1947): Czarist general and prominent counterrevolutionary in the Civil War.
www.workers.org/marcy/perestroika/glossary.html

The chemical(s) in a formulated product that is (are) principally responsible for the herbicidal effects and that is (are) shown as active ingredient(s) on herbicide labels.
edis.ifas.ufl.edu/BODY_AG007.html

City near Bethel, north of Jerusalem, that was destroyed by Joshua. It controlled the approach to the mountain range from the east.
community.gospelcom.net/Brix

A set of code or algorithms designed to simulate the actions of an intelligent being - such as a human or animal (Tamagochi)
www.playstationpro2.com/dictionary.html

Formerly this was a computer science field aimed at making computers "think" like humans. In video game terms, it refers to the intelligence of computer-controlled players or objects.
www.videogamecritic.net/gloss.htm

the branch of computer science that studies the computational basis of intelligent behavior.
www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak/cs307vocab.html

A measure of speech intelligibility influenced by Acoustical Environment rated from 0.01 to 1.00.The higher the number the higher the intelligibility of words and sentences understood from 0-100%.
www.soundprooffoam.com/acoustical-glossary.html

Air Traffic Control
www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/centres/definitions_and_notes_e.htm

Indigo/Blue.
www.pkwsonline.com/glossary.html

A thermodynamic term for the apparent or active concentration of a free ion in solution. It is related to concentration by the activity coefficient.
www.weedinstrument.com/info_central/glossary.html

Blending, harmony, joining, or union. Also, to concentrate or focus. (Japanese)
members.tripod.com/hungahungas/glossary.htm
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:11 pm

@Sin: x3 -huggles back-

@Elf: Yeh. Toshii ish too cool for him. talk2hand

Hm.

Ai.

Isn't there something in .Hack//Legend of Twilight called something Ai?

l-loney Sempai

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:34 pm

Charlie: Lol you know too much. rofl xd
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:31 pm

Or at least he quotes too much. razz

Niphredil Ithilmir

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:42 am

(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

Charlie - Er...yeah...

Of course I understood that

- smiles and nods - 3nodding

Well, only the Artificial Intelligence matched to what I was looking for xp

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:36 am

Mm.

Happy Gaiaversary Sapphire.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:12 am

Indeed. Happy Gaiaversary~ I'd get you a present, but I already have.. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:26 am

(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸

Niph & t0sh - Thankies~

=]

Hmm...

Niph's donation of were feet does kinda count...

But it wasn't really for Gaianniversary~

And I need people to pity me for not having donations for my Gaianniversary~

- sounds like an idiot -

@________@

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

` T a p i o c a `

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:40 am

-points @ 789- GIFTRAPER. rofl
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:25 pm

ninja

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:50 pm

Niphredil Ithilmir
-points @ 789- GIFTRAPER. rofl

Lol xd

I forgot about my own anniversary. It was on the 14th. I've been on Gaia for over two years now.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:45 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mine passed without me knowing.

>>;;

Happy Gaiversary Sapphire <3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xiiao-ai

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:36 am

(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸

Niph - Wuh? Giftraper? o_________o??

Sin - Thank you =]

I didn't get any donators yesterday emo

There was one who did think about donting but didn't have enough~

At least I got around 10 congrats ^_________^

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:41 am

789, dear, don't worry~ Gaia ish just Gaia, 'tisn't a great tragedy if no one donates and stuff. As in.. the default setting should be 'no donators' and then being happy when someone does donate instead of the other way around, n'est-ce pas?

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:20 am

Gaiaversary? Pssht. rolleyes
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games