Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
Old Team Saber Training Grounds Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rainspelled

IRL Genius

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm
Shikana wandered back into the training grounds.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:44 pm
Grumbling, Shikana wandered back out.  

rainspelled

IRL Genius

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kunesume2

Militant Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:42 am
thefire158
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Xantos Hyuuga

Past Hokage - Toad Summoner - True Hyuugan - Vanguard of Wisdom

OOC:

Those looking among the grounds, would see a section of the ground open up, revealing a stone passageway. A modest coffin was pushed up, and then the opening closed, leaving the casket on the surface. The wood, strangely enough, disintegrated, leaving only its contents lying peacefully on the grass. It was then, that Xantos Hyuuga snapped awake. "What...my goodness." He muttered and stood slowly. His time in the Nightmare world was short, but educational. The dead were not granted rest...and mystery after mystery was discovered in the short time away from this world. He walked to the center of the grassy grounds, and sat perfectly still. He wouldn't budge an inch, and it appeared as if he was dead again to the world.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:35 am
Kunesume2
thefire158

Xantos Hyuuga

OOC:

Those looking among the grounds, would see a section of the ground open up, revealing a stone passageway. A modest coffin was pushed up, and then the opening closed, leaving the casket on the surface. The wood, strangely enough, disintegrated, leaving only its contents lying peacefully on the grass. It was then, that Xantos Hyuuga snapped awake. "What...my goodness." He muttered and stood slowly. His time in the Nightmare world was short, but educational. The dead were not granted rest...and mystery after mystery was discovered in the short time away from this world. He walked to the center of the grassy grounds, and sat perfectly still. He wouldn't budge an inch, and it appeared as if he was dead again to the world.

(Oh, thanks. I'll just keep this here then)  

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 am

"Seems like...this is the only place that hasn't changed much from 5 years ago..."

Jin entered the old training grounds, after sending his clone with info on the Mist to the Hokage. He looks around and then peers at a figure. He draws his blades and approaches, but stops and sheaths them.

"Jii-san Xaantos? Is that you?"

Jin walks over, unhooking the masive scroll from his back and holds it in his arm.

"I was looking for you to five years, I meant to give this back to you and ask you about it."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 am
Xantos Hyuuga

OOC:

Xantos looked at Jin, a little weary of him. Without a pause, orange energy crackled around the scroll, lifting it to Xantos. He placed a hand on it and watched it vanish in a flash of smoke. "You didn't read it, did you?" He asked Jin. He vaguely remembered telling him not to open it past the jutsu section. He paused. "I heard you draw a blade. Tell me...why would one approach a stranger and draw a weapon at once? The risks outweigh the benefits."  

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 am

"I only read up to where you told me to."

Jin sits down, scratching the back of his head.

"I look at the world now, and remembering the events that have unfolded these past 5 years. Chaos and darkness, rebellion and hatred. A sword feels like a best friend to someone like me. You don't know who will turn on you or will strike from the darkness..."

Jin sighs.

"I finally realize what it was my father fought for so long, all his talks about peace and stability in the world."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:54 pm
Xantos Hyuuga

OOC:

Xantos nodded reassuringly. "Thank you. Had you disobeyed me, I might've had to kill you." He said with a smile that betrayed the severity of his words. "While that may be true, you will gain enemies much quicker than friends. Especially if you approach that person in their own home and draw a weapon for no reason other than suspicion. Everybody has a right to self-defense." He smiled, and reached down to the ground. His hand seemed to press a stone down into an indentation. At once, a small hole would open up in front of Jin and shoot out a jet of flame. Harmless, but it would make his words have more meaning. "See?" Jin wouldn't know it, but there was a sleeping labyrinth below him, waiting to be awakened. Xantos stood up and began pacing around.

"Did you know that this was the spot where I had the 8th hokage as a student? I remember her and Drake Valentine would always try and run off together to be alone and avoid their training..." He trailed off. "And since Raito Shenzaki...one of the Leaf's sannin, was 'third wheel'd', he mostly hung around with me. At least...until Drake passed away." He spoke quietly during the last part. Damn that man...that puppet man. "But those are things meant for history. Yes...your father was fairly wise about that. Peace and stability can never truly happen...but we, as humanity, must do our best to get as close as possible. As long as men have free will...there will always violence and chaos. But that does not mean that we have the right to take away that free will." Trailing off again, he snapped back to the conversation at hand. "Well, I'm sure you didn't come for a history lesson. Do you need something?"

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Jin watches the flames come towards him, but does not flinch. He looks at Xantos.

"I am always told that I am wild, I have the passion of the will of fire, yet I am a wild animal. My anger always takes hold of me and I lose myself. How...how can I become a better ninja? I want to be greater than my father, yet I have barely even scratched the surface...even in the face of my father's murderer. I know strength is one thing...but I need to become wiser..."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:12 pm
Xantos Hyuuga

OOC:

Xantos shook his head. "Wisdom is discovered...not learned." He told the young shinobi. There wasn't much to say, but he would offer some decent advice. "Everything in this world can be traced back to pain...in one way or another." he began. "If you want to become mentally stronger. You must also become physically stronger. I'm not talking about jutsu or chakra. You must feel true pain. And when you have that understanding, it is then your choice whether you want to make somebody else feel the same way. Anger...emotion...it can all cause pain. But it's up to you to decide whether the one on the receiving end merits it."  

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:24 pm

"Pain makes one stronger, yet gives birth to more pain in the world, which gives birth to more death and suffering...the same way I felt when I was told my father was killed..."

He clenches his fist tight, the image of Jedi coming to him and his mother, telling him that Yun had died in combat. He clenches his fist tight that it bleeds slightly. He looks at Xantos.

"Tell me, sensei, what was it that made you stronger, that made you wiser?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:29 pm
Xantos Hyuuga

OOC:

Xantos nodded. "You could interpret it that way. What made me stronger, hm?" He wondered about it. "Inspiration. This life is a beautiful thing, regardless of how you cut it. I wanted humanity to live happily and free, but release their lust and ignorance. I couldn't give emotional outbursts. That would only be a setback. Other than that...I couldn't tell you. It just sort of...happened."  

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Jin nodded.

"Thank you, jii-san. I will not let your words go to waste."

Jin gets up, fixing his blades back onto his back now that the scroll was off.

"Now, time to wait for Akira-sensei to teach me the panther summoning."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm
Jin Quan Sung
Tiger Cub of the Leaf | Weapon User | Sung Clan head | Byakugan | Infinite One Style

Jin gripped the handles to his blades quietly. Xaantos would see nothing but a tear come down Jin's cheek as he rushed off from the training grounds.

[exit hokage's office.]  

Cain the Blade

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:33 am
Xantos Hyuuga

OOC:

Xantos stood, stretching himself out. "I think I'll go drinking...I haven't done that in a while." He smiled to himself and laughed before picking up his sword and using its sheath as a cane. He eventually went over to tavern.  
-

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff