Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dueling Arena ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:56 pm
Saito silently watched Billbob trying to catch the vernaiba, expecting one of them to come down and try to get his nose thinking it was a pellet of food.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:36 am
BillBob caught the vernaiba in the sack, but the first one he'd caught managed to get back out while BillBob was catching the others. It started diving at him angrily, and rather than trying to catch it again, the boy ran back for the cage the creatures belonged in, waving the sack around in an attempt to ward off the one loose vernaiba that remained free.
Arriving back at the cage, he chucked some more of the pellets to distract it while he put the rest of his plan into action.

"Careful!" Raul called out unhelpfully, still sitting over by Saito and making no attempt to help even though he almost had completely recovered full use of his arms.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:30 pm
Saito gave a sigh and held out his right hand pointing a finger at the vernibia. there was a quick small beam of pure energy that came from it and the vernibia was nearly cut in two, with a big hole in its chest."That aught to help a little" he got up and looked around " we better get going if we are going to find her"  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:05 pm
Startled, BillBob almost fell over into the cage as he opened the door quickly, throwing in the bag. Barely recovering enough to shut the door before any of the vernaiba already in the cage could get out, the boy latched it shut and looked to see that the creatures in the bag were getting out.

Taking a deep breath and letting the air back out quickly, BillBob brushed himself off and stood up straight.
"We certainly should." he said, and picked up the scrub-brush he'd been using as both a weapon and a tool, along with another empty sack, just in case.

Raul jumped up, hurrying to start for the end of the room and the flight of stairs down to the next basement floor. "This has taken too long already! Christie could have been eaten already!"

((the bad news is that I've been off Gaia for longer than I'd intended,
the good news is that recently I've done more work on my list of monsters/creatures for use in battle both in the arena and elsewhere...
so the question now is would you rather fight a random one next, or should I pick one out?
I'm thinking the adventurers here would only be going through one more ("dungeon" floor/monster fight) before getting to where the kidnapping plot would be getting resolved...))

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:47 am
Saito walked down the stairs and looked around, wondering what the hell would happen next...
((randomize please))  
delbosque rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 pm
((okay... 1-10 on this level of my list, we'll see what creature we get))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:27 pm
The next basement level down was slightly better lit than the previous one, but still not as well-lit as the levels above that.
There were more cages here, mostly bigger and farther between. A few had creatures in them, but most did not. One cage had very obviously been left open, and there was nothing in it.
"Blast!" BillBob exclaimed, "I don't know what's loose!"
"I hope it's not anything poisonous." Raul said uncertainly.
As they all finished walking down the stairs and moved on into the room, various sounds could be heard of movement in the cages. The cage nearest the stairway had something in it that started to laugh maniacally at them.

Not until they got halfway into the room did they find out what had been let out of the open cage. The maniacal laughter of the creature near the stairs had drowned out all small sounds of movement in the room, so they hadn't noticed that the loose creature had been walking behind the cage the laughing thing was in.

Coming out at the three guys from behind, a reptilian-looking thing leapt at Raul, knocking him down and tearing at him with the wickedly-sharp claws it had on each of six long toes, three to each foreleg.

BillBob jumped aside with a shout of surprise.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:22 pm
Entering the Dueling arena registry was a woman in her mid twenties Keeping her hair in a stocking cap her hair color was indeterminite. She was wearing a blue vest and jeans, with no weapons on her save for a pair of gloves with the Jarian symbol emblazed on the back of each one.
She approached the desk.
"Is it true that there is a cash prize?"  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:06 am
BillBob (the other one who wasn't currently downstairs in the basements with Saito and Raul) had at some point made his way back to the sign-up desk in the arena, without having put up any of the posters Andre had handed to him.
The big roll of papers was leaning against the wall behind him.

He had just sat down when the woman walked up. "Hello!" he said cheerfully, then looked blank for a moment when she asked him about a cash prize. He pulled out a piece of paper from underneath the sign-up sheet and consulted it.

"Um... for all three levels of the tournament, everyone who wins against one of the monsters will get an item determined by the type of monster fought, and also a medal for each level passed. Top-level winners will of course get those plus an invite to a special exhibition battle, to be held after the Tournament. That battle will be fought according to slightly different rules, and those who are still standing and coherent at the end of it will be declared Arena Champions, get an additional item and medal, and also a cash prize of an as-yet-unannounced amount."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 am
"Alright then..."
If she was of a magical nature her eyes would have turned into gold coins.
"Sign me up and lead me to my first match when your ready."
Yarn Mcziln entered the arena.  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm
BillBob helped her with the sign-up sheet and handed her a small device, a lot like those things that some restaurants hand out. It obviously was a thing that would light up, beep, and display a message on the little screen it had.

"If you leave the Arena at any time before it's your turn, then we will use this to notify you when your turn comes up! Do you have any titles or other designations that you would like to have announced when you are called into the arena for your fight?"

BillBob grinned.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 am
"No thats fine. I will earn my titles in the matches."
Yarn accepted the device and walked off. Deciding to explore the place for now so she would not lose herself later.  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:36 pm
((sorry guys but after the last breakdown of my comp I aint taking any more risks..... I hereby quite gaia.... you can find a way to say I got killed off)))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:15 pm
((Aw, that's too bad. And... I'll work on something for finishing off your character. I think we'll let the current monster do the job, Saito can go out saving someone else.))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:19 pm
A lone ronin walks up to the arena, the sheer size forces him to look up at it, it's beauty something he had seen only once before. He smirked as he looked up. Lowering his head he pulled the brim of his straw hat down over his face, hiding who he was. He had wandered into the city, not knowing if they had heard of the Battousai. A flyer had caught his eye, telling of this arena, and the battles within. He made his way slowly towards the fighters entrance.

Once there he saw a guard, and smiled wryly. Slowly he approached the guard, his hand still holding the brim of his hat to hide his face. When he spoke his voice was smooth, cool and calm. "I'd like to enter a match." he said, letting the hat go and lifting his head to look the guard in the eye, The Ronin's ice blue orbs seeming to pierce the mans soul.  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games