Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:41 pm
I look at them.......every now and then. Welcome! Oh, I was chased by a chicken when I was in daipers. Not fun, but funny. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:40 pm
Dathu
I look at them.......every now and then. Welcome! Oh, I was chased by a chicken when I was in daipers. Not fun, but funny. biggrin

LOL funny indeed, I wish I had your disposition to do things rofl  

contessa-miseria

Stargazing Me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:58 pm
Ahoy.
I'm Julianne. I'm 14 years old and live in Minnesota. I'm an atheist and I'm very liberal. I'm a bit weird and I honestly don't know what else to say, as I have trouble with the whole introduction deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:13 pm
yo! c.e. here on gaia... but just about everywhere else on the INTERENETS i go by yesod. im 25 (oooold for a gaian!!!!) and i work at both a coffee shop and video game store. im a nerd who likes to cosplay, plays D&D, video games, loves to read, and just generally chill out. im laid back, liberal, easy going and not actually very argumentitive.
i scanned the guild befor i sent in a request to join, and i was pleased to see intelligent and reasonable opinions 3nodding

yesod.... funny that, its actually a religeously derived name. yesod is the 9th sefira in the tree of life, and out of its many meanings, it is also known to bridge the gap between man and god. iv always been fascinated with religeon, especailly judeo-christian mythos. ultimatly, however, i am far from spiritual or religeous myself. i guess the best way to describe myself in that feild is as a scientific rationalist. rationalist works well too. i love the unexplained, but i also believe that in some way or another everything can be explainable through science, even if we lack the technology and knowledge to do so. unfortunatly this doesnt leave me much room for beliving in the supernatural or religeous. in a lot of ways i want to, and sometimes even envy those who can put faith in something that isnt so tangible. iv had people try and discuss with me, how something like the existance of god can be explained through science, and i just dont see it. this by no way means that i will disrespect the beliefs in others. i think it's admirable to believe where i just find that i honestly cannot.
so yeah... like i said... im not very argumentitve, and im stubborn to boot! you can dissagree with me on everything and anything, and i will hold that with utmost respect, but ill probably not really fight back much or be apt to change my mind. sweatdrop  

C.E.

Meretrix Sum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:59 pm
saluete omnes

I am Daniel, an 18 year old atheist residing in California. I enjoy philosophy, reading, writing, and other misc. things. So yeah : D  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:18 pm

• Welcome to the guild, hope to see you fine new folk around :0

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

KadoJJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:53 pm
I think i'll stick to lurking, thanks.... 8D ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:55 pm
Actually, i've been in the guild for ages. i jsut havn't been around much.  

KadoJJ

C.E.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:12 pm
i do get rather busy working with my teo jobs, so i dont know if ill be HUGELY active... but you never know. if things keep up my intrest youll probably see me around a bit ^___^

thanks for the welcome, c a u s t i c!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:05 pm
Hi I'm Ellie. smile

Me:
User Image  

Elliebites

Ilikepie4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:09 pm
Hey I'm Pie. I was fairly active about two years ago on Gaia, an now I'm back.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:52 pm
Hi. I'm an atheist and a Satanist.

My parents are uber religious - especially my father. It doesn't really affect me until he tries to make me pray. I know lots of prayers from youth - I used to try to be religious back in the day, but I never really fit. I guess I know why. (You are born a Satanist. You just can't try.)

After a while it didn't bother me that made me pray on the car rides to school... I just figured it wasn't a big deal.

I do tend to have a slight respect for those people who, even though they believe in God, are strong enough to not rely on God for everything. It shows that they can think a bit for themselves at least.

I strongly believe in not being stupid, and in strength. I also (usually) believe that you get out of life what you put into it. Now... this year a lot of random unfair things have been happening, but as my friend put it, "At least (you're) not addicted to heroin."

So I guess I can't complain too much.

I'm not just an a*****e who hates christians. I actually have studied a lot of religions and I made my decision. Satanism is a system of beliefs, anyway. It is not a religion.

I believe white light religions were good efforts at trying to make the people stop being douchebags at the time, but the religions were still misguided.

Lately, I'm a bitter, sour, insensitive a*****e. This is subject to change, however... if I feel like it.

I'm sure one day I'll blossom into a beautiful, nice, sweet woman. Until then, I'm just an a*****e and I seem to be getting along fine.

Suprisingly I do have friends; however, they mainly just talk to me whenever they have problems. I listen and give good advice - advice that they never heed.

I'm a pretty good listener, and if you ever need me I'm usually there. They acception would be in sleep. In waking hours, I do what I can.

My friend, however, recently brought to my mind that I never know when to quit. I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing. This should contribute to the fact that no one really likes me except my close friends. Well... I don't need an a**-load of friends anyway. I'm happy just being me, and like I said, one day I'll probably change. Anyway, for this reason I've lately been in the "I just quit" mood.

It may however, help me get rid of some frustration to discuss topics in this guild so I'm glad I joined and I'm glad they accepted me.

See ya around the forums  

cabbage3

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:05 pm
Welcome one and welcome all!
=]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:46 pm
Hello all new people. Welcome to the guild! I hope to see you all posting in the main forum!

Sanguvixen

Damien`

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:31 am
Hi. =]
I'm Damien and I'm 18.
I'm an Atheist - my parents aren't religious either but my Mum believes in some spiritual sorts of things. I've never been inside a church.
I'm gay & I love it.
I'd vote Democrat if I lived in the States - I plan to when I'm older. =)
Annnnd, I usually don't bash religions or whatever, unless I'm in a bad mood. xD I just generally dislike christian people.
I have 2 pics of me in my journal if you're really interested. surprised

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games