Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:27 pm
I think what I got so far is the discs first warlock having to deal with some crap or other. A parody of Brick or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:56 pm
You know what would be insane? A massive Pokemon RP.  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:25 pm
I'd laugh at it, but my copy of ruby versions in my pocket.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:32 pm
Ah, Ruby version... That one is my favorite, although I love Emerald because of all the new places to explore.
Exploring is my favorite part.  

welian

Crew

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:04 pm
I just wish they could get a decent 3-d version made soon.
Okay, more on the discworld thing. It follows a set of witches hunting a rogue group of teenagers who get their hands on a wand. In Discworld, most witches operate on the basis their job is to find out which buggers are doing magic and making them stop.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:11 pm
Huh. Sounds a bit like Mahou Tai Arusu.  

welian

Crew

Cobalt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:38 pm
Oh hey, Pern fans <3 Actually, I was kind of thinking about a Pern RP where we played minor characters in the existing story. Like, Lessa and F'lar and F'nor and all of them would be around, but not PCs. We'd be the wingmembers, Weyrfolk, minor holders, etc. that you don't hear about in her books. That way, we can be a part of the story without having to mess around with existing characters and there's already a story set out for us to follow.

*shrug* I thought it might be interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:41 pm
What's Pern?

And are we still joining PS? XD

I'm actually kinda bored and looking for something to do.  

Gale OverDrive

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 pm
Dragon Riders of Pern... I think.

I need to find more people to RP with on IM's...
For some odd reason, I go nuts when I don't have anyone to RP with...
I think I'm addicted.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:58 pm
Oh. Uh, yeah. I uh, totally didn't forget about that. Yeah. No. I didn't. >____> Yeah.

Yes, I would still like to join PS. I've been distracted by other things, like finally obtaining employment a few days ago (at a coffee shop, lolz for overqualified) and, you know, boys. Don't worry, he's proving to be boring, so I'll probably have more time to devote to this XD;;

Edit: Yes, Dragonriders of Pern. It's a book series by Anne McCaffrey. <3  

Cobalt

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:18 pm
Cobalt
Oh hey, Pern fans <3 Actually, I was kind of thinking about a Pern RP where we played minor characters in the existing story. Like, Lessa and F'lar and F'nor and all of them would be around, but not PCs. We'd be the wingmembers, Weyrfolk, minor holders, etc. that you don't hear about in her books. That way, we can be a part of the story without having to mess around with existing characters and there's already a story set out for us to follow.

*shrug* I thought it might be interesting.

I would be interested in joining that. The thought of being a Dragonrider would be a very appealing one. Magni would get a bronze or brown and suddenly become M'gni! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 pm
<3 There are more Pern fans here than I would have thought! This makes me happy :3

I'll add that Pern RP to my list of things to look into then :3

G'night kids, I'm off to read my Neil Gaiman book and enjoy the sound of rain before I go to bed. GOD, I'll PM you tomorrow about PS stuffz. Sorry I can't help you with your boredom tonight, I'm exhausted. If you want to be not bored, you can work on writing down their backstory <3 XD  

Cobalt

Mou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:11 am
I am a bit lost, but sounds like good books?

Didn't know Pratchett got alzheimer, damn. Reminds me I haven't read any of his books in a long time now, seems like all I have time to read is school books~ Wish the library would open soon so I could at least try to find something decent to read.

I want to read Orwell's 1984, always wanted to read it but never got around to it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:59 am
Guten Morgen! I'm Aramatsu, but feel free to call me Ara or Nick (real name) or anything really as long as it's not offensive. Haha anyway, I just joined here this morning, and thought I'd get to know a few people before I start getting out there and finally doing some quality stories. Honestly last night it just hit me that the reason why I was so close to just leaving gaia from lack of will was because I had no variety to what I was doing. Sure, I'm VC in every guild I'm in other than this, but you know, all of my guilds are either Naruto, Pokemon, or mixed guilds, and there's even a Soul Eater RP in the bunch that never really got going. So I decided that I really wanted to get out and join this kind of guild, something with near-100% literate members, no newbies, and a multitude of rping environments where I could type in a calm and smooth manner without constantly fighting and doing the same old thing over and over. So here I am... sorry for ranting, there's my life story I suppose. Anyway, nice to meet you all (not sure if anybody's here right now ehehe) and I hope to have a good time here.

If you're interested in a roleplaying sample so you know a general idea of my style, here is the sample I used to get into this guild:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plop, plop, plop...

The steady flux of liquid from the angled rooftop a few feet above was the cause of Matias' current torment. His eyes remained locked on a certain gnarled extremity embedded into the grout of the brick wall across from his position; yet, as much as he stared and studied, he found himself at a loss for peace as each disturbance produced by the droplets stabbed his very mind, bringing him crashing back into reality with a headache to boot. Cracking his back with a closed fist behind him, he swung himself forward smoothly off of the rusted iron barrel he had been previously situated on and let loose a sigh that rivaled the best of them. Today would be just another mark to add to his wall of shame, a reminder that he was getting older and his will was receding in the other direction.

Slowly sliding around the corner out of the alleyway (which he found himself perpetually slinking back to), he let his gaze travel gradually up to the bleak horizon. The sun had long since given up hope on his side of the world, likely off to sandy beaches where the people actually gave a crap about its presence. And so Matias was left with the spoils of its journey: a smog-ridden, endless wasteland of vacuumed space, the stars clouded not by the standard white pillows but from the constant stream of chemicals pouring out of the factories that were the only reason the city was still standing. Funny how that worked; or at least that was how Matias saw it. But that was life.

Clawing at the skin hidden beneath a mat of scraggly hair on his sharp chin, Mattias peered through the haze of the streets with slitted eyes of the deepest shade of hazel. Nothing. Though that was not from the lack of activity; a mutt over by the warehouse not too far away was kicking up dirt in an attempt to scrounge for food. No, Matias had wasted his life away to the point where good ol' Lord and Savior decided his sight was better off with some orphaned kid in Africa who couldn't hit the ocean from a spot on the beach, let alone that antelope his family was depending on for dinner. But that didn't matter either. "Fer cryin' out loud," he grumbled, brutally smashing an innocent can further into its misery on the ground, crossing the street just in time to have an eighteen-wheeler skid half the contents of a nearby puddle all over him. Another day, just another day. A blunt in his pocket was his savior; lighting the ticket to happiness, Matias took a right onto 31st and let out a long drag. He was getting older, but the city sure as hell was staying the same age.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, that would be roundabouts what I do, I can do more or less, I think the most I've done in one post is 9 paragraphs but that is by no means a limit, it really depends on the situation and what information I'm presented with beforehand. If you actually read that, what do you think? If not, that's cool too. Anyway, good to be here, yotta yotta, I'm sure you hear this from every other member so I'll stop talking now before I bore you. ^^

P.S. Cobalt your avi has the same style as mine! :3

l-Aramatsu-l

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:18 am
*does the Welcome Dance for Nick/Ara!* Welcome! *gluggles*

Mou: 1984...so good! (I'm sure you've heard that though...) I wish I could mail you my copy, so you could!

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games