Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:29 am
Tanakietsu
Wow, it seems I fall behind more and more everyday, maybe I shouldn't be captain, no-one seems to know me anymore. surprised

You are the only one with that authority, Tana. Nobody can make that decision for you.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:33 pm
Tanakietsu
I'm going to kill you. surprised

neutral Were you talking to meh?  

lambda omega lambda

Bluesteel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:34 pm
RheaFaery
Bluesteel
RheaFaery
*giggles and dances like a catfish* blaugh

Bluesteel
That happened to me at Reverie, I had to duke it out with the captain, we came to a mutual agreement but it wasn't a pretty scene before then

Do you mean Reverie:Roses in Winter? eek

The Captain is an old....Ehm....Aqquaintance of mine. Not very nice, eh?

He was the first person I met on Gaia, beleive it or not. xp And I think I know a little too much about him.

Sorry about that he's kind of rough around the edges yes, once you're not on his "I'm going to kill you" side, he's okay ^^

Talon: Yeah, figures, that's typical behaviour that I like to stay away from, its not healthy to be around. Don't go back to them, they'll only abuse you more.

Hehehe...I ain't any where near his good side, as I am too optimistic. It seems that his whole point in life is to be a pessimistic close-minded dolt. He insults everything that doesn't fit into his dark little world. I hate people that make you feel stupid...Oh well, I was invited to join that guild the day it started but haven't posted there yet...Hime is quite nice though, eh? As is Oraphy..

Hime doesn't like me. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:12 pm
Talon the Diamond Star
*accepts the pounce and looks up at his pouncer* Not much longer. I have asked to be removed from the roster of the Elite Roleplayers of Gaia guild. The people there are all rude and antagonistic. I would rather be a common shlob than an elite a**. stressed

Yeee!

Such is the thinking that enticed me to this guild. Were it not this guild existed, I would most likely remain guild-less.

I have come to associate the word "Elite" with "Xenophobic." As it is my observation of various (far too many) role-playing communities, the general self proclaimed "Elite" group tends to be a very tribal social ladder. They most often define "eliteness" in terms of grammar correctness and how many times you can say "I am doing nothing important" in one paragraph. They usually pay little emphasis on character mindset or action continuity.

I've found in most elite groups, social status is determined by your ability to put down/dominate others. Lower ranking members are expected to be humble in the presence of their self-appointed superiors both in character and out of character. And as was probably Talon's case, new members who open themselves up to the 'elitist community' by diving in are usually met with an onslaught of criticism, since so much emphasis is placed on social opinion. And the elitist can't be "upstaged" by someone they don't know. That would imply that ... there are people better than them out there eek

The definition of elite after all is "Better than everyone else."

end point: I agree. Elitists can go suck a lemon. With ants in it. Yes, burning bitey fire ants. -That'll- give 'em something to emote about.

Presently I scour the forums for a storyline to hop into while making up a theme in my head for a 'dark future' esque one I hope to eventually run. I wanna at least be part of a storyline before I all go ahead and make one, since I've never role-played on posting-forums like this before. sweatdrop  

JollyJack

Bluesteel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:15 pm
*round of applause*

OMG I like you already. Everyone here knows what I do to people I like!

*pounces on you*

Hello down there, I'm Bluesteel, call me Blue. That was some sermon you had! ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:20 pm
Bluesteel
*round of applause*

*pounces on you*

I agree. Except I dont pounce on people. I bet you can take a wild guess at what my name is.  

The Original Nick

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:48 pm
JollyJack
Yeee!

Such is the thinking that enticed me to this guild. Were it not this guild existed, I would most likely remain guild-less.

I have come to associate the word "Elite" with "Xenophobic." As it is my observation of various (far too many) role-playing communities, the general self proclaimed "Elite" group tends to be a very tribal social ladder. They most often define "eliteness" in terms of grammar correctness and how many times you can say "I am doing nothing important" in one paragraph. They usually pay little emphasis on character mindset or action continuity.

I've found in most elite groups, social status is determined by your ability to put down/dominate others. Lower ranking members are expected to be humble in the presence of their self-appointed superiors both in character and out of character. And as was probably Talon's case, new members who open themselves up to the 'elitist community' by diving in are usually met with an onslaught of criticism, since so much emphasis is placed on social opinion. And the elitist can't be "upstaged" by someone they don't know. That would imply that ... there are people better than them out there eek

The definition of elite after all is "Better than everyone else."

end point: I agree. Elitists can go suck a lemon. With ants in it. Yes, burning bitey fire ants. -That'll- give 'em something to emote about.

Presently I scour the forums for a storyline to hop into while making up a theme in my head for a 'dark future' esque one I hope to eventually run. I wanna at least be part of a storyline before I all go ahead and make one, since I've never role-played on posting-forums like this before. sweatdrop

You, sir, just earned major brownie points with me. Not only did you side with me (always a welcome event), but you also made an intelligent arguement. Bravo, and I am glad to have you as a member here!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:02 pm
Bluesteel
*round of applause*

*pounces on you*

*thud*

...>_<

If I preach again slap me with a fish*. It's a bad habit.

And I got your colorful hello on the intro forums...Hello to you too sweatdrop

*not Canadian salmon please. I'm allergic to Canada.

nick2nick20

I agree. Except I don't pounce on people. I bet you can take a wild guess at what my name is.

*after traversing the congo jungles, a monotone voice umbles* ...Dr. Nick I assume.  

JollyJack

JollyJack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:09 pm
Talon the Diamond Star

You, sir, just earned major brownie points with me. Not only did you side with me (always a welcome event), but you also made an intelligent arguement. Bravo, and I am glad to have you as a member here!!!

mmm... Brownies.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:30 pm
JollyJack
nick2nick20

I agree. Except I don't pounce on people. I bet you can take a wild guess at what my name is.

*after traversing the congo jungles, a monotone voice umbles* ...Dr. Nick I assume.

Dr? Thats a new one. Sure, lets go with that. Dr. Nick.  

The Original Nick

The Original Nick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:33 pm
Anyways back to what I came here for. Look at da sig! I am now an uncle. Woot! That was it. Okay later. *walks into a wall then leaves*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:51 am
ARGH! I am now surrounding by a bunch of screaming headless chickens. I absolutely HATE this school. "Aparently" a school from down the road is going to come and beat us all up. HAH HAH! I don't care, but what I do care about, is stupid girls making a fuss over nothing and getting in my hair. Ugh.  

angryfisheatenbycat

Virtuous Saint

1,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Original Nick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:53 am
angryfisheatenbycat
ARGH! I am now surrounding by a bunch of screaming headless chickens. I absolutely HATE this school. "Aparently" a school from down the road is going to come and beat us all up. HAH HAH! I don't care, but what I do care about, is stupid girls making a fuss over nothing and getting in my hair. Ugh.

Sux for you. Tell her to shut up and leave you the hell alone.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:55 am
[quote="nick2nick20]Sux for you. Tell her to shut up and leave you the hell alone.

I wish I could. But its the whole school! eek  

angryfisheatenbycat

Virtuous Saint

1,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Original Nick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:57 am
The sux.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games