Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
Mist Ninja Academy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 340 341 342 343 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iShayera

950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:58 pm

User Image
NικɛƘσтσиɛ
ナイキ 琴音
"The Sound of the Harp"
ハープの傲慢な音
Hyuuga (Pending) || Academy Student || Suiton || Byakugan Doujutsu

--------------------------------------------------

"Sewn into your soul, this is out of our control..."

xxxxSweeping back a lock of brunette hair that was falling into eyes the color of melting ice, Nike merely stared back at the young man for a moment. Her spine didn’t bend, her body didn’t curve in any way to resemble a bow or any sort of inclination of respect. Her eyes merely locked onto his face as she stared him… well, not down, seeing as he was taller than she, but still. She attempted to stare him down, despite the evident difference in their heights, before she finally blinked, lashes sweeping down over her brilliantly colored aquamarine eyes before revealing the crystalline depths once more. She hesitated a mere second before deciding to take the chance. She would tell the boy her first name, and not a word more than that about herself, that much was promised.
xxxx”Nike.” She didn’t even grant the boy the courtesy of speaking a full sentence to him as she nodded towards him curtly. She had to admit to herself, she was curious about a boy that would take a chance speaking to a girl if she had just entered and spoken in the manner that Nike had, but she forced the questions from her mind. “Enchanted.” The word came from between her lips before she had time to register that it was, in fact, her that had spoken the lone word. What in the name of hell was she doing, talking to someone like this? She should know better, and in her heart, she did know better. So what the hell was she doing?

"...Be who you need to be; there are no others: you or me."
User Image
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:43 pm

User ImageKane Atsureki
山田野 はたけ
Kirigakure || Youton || Bounty Hunter || Ranmaru || Yonha

Hand tightening imperceptibly around the hilt of his blade, Kane returned the woman's hard stare with a fiery stare of his own. His eyes had always been his most expressive feature, and even now, while his face was a mask of cold emotion, his eyes burned passionately. Not the passion a man feels for a woman, simply a passion for life and the simple act of living. Kane loved life, which was his whole reason for becoming a shinobi in the first place, to grow strong enough to preserve his life, and perhaps the lives of others.

At Nike's response, Kane simply nodded and said calmly,
"indeed...", before turning towards the desks, his blood red cloak whipping around as he did so. Taking a seat near the front of the room, Kane adjusted his blade so that it would not hinder him if he had need to rise, while resting his chin on his fist as he awaited instruction. There was no doubt that this... Nike was an interesting woman. He wished to know more of her, if for not better reason than he had never met another woman like her.

"... the question is, which is the right choice?"

Lance Fulgurant

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Korumo began to grow bored once more, as it seemed as he sat behind his selected wooden desk, that the two new comers in front of him were one of a kind...and even worse, one of a kind of person he was not entirly fond of. He gave a quick glance at his fellow academy students, particularly the elder of the two, wondering why he chose to wear such a cloak that may hinder movement. Oh well I'm certian he has no trouble with finding a use for it. Korumo thought to himself.

A second later, Korumo had to hold back a chuckle, one that no doubt would have drawn the deathly glares of those in front of him. He had simply noticed the fact that the man was dressed mostly in red, even his lengthy hair seemed to take on a similar hue, while the lady appeared to primarily resemble blue. Though it was a simple discovery it amused him, even further so when he recalled the amount of white he wore presently.

He decided to let the others have their staring contest in peace, and rest his head upon his arms to sleep. His comfortable jacket serving well as a makeshift pillow. Hopefully their blabbering voices would dim.

((do not asume any offense if I have stated anything that you dont like... Its just Korumo's personality ninja ))
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:54 am

User Image
The Shadow Wolf emerged from the shadows of the hallways of the academy after deeming it safe to step out. As he looked around the academy upon his master's orders, he transformed into his human form. Now standing upright, his blue hair trailed behind him as he carried his standard set of books. Wandering through the academy, he was here for one thing and one thing only, to see if there were any potential amongst their ranks. His master would surely need new recruits to train them to the rank of Assessino. As he walked through the academy, he found a room with severl students, but no teacher in sight. Sighing, he opened the door and threw a kunai into it in order to break the light that lit the room. The students would no doubt be surprised to be plunged into darkness, but it was the only way the Shadow Wolf could enter the room. Entering it, the wolf flicked a match and lit a candle lighting the room slightly, now standing in front of the desk. There was no doubt in his mind that he could pass off as an Academy Teacher. "Class..." he growled as he placed his books down on the desk, peering at them with his deadly gaze.  

Yelena the Light Reaper

Lance Fulgurant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:33 am

(I think that huntur is teaching, but I'm fine with this)

User ImageKane Atsureki
山田野 はたけ

Rising out of his seat, Kane's blade was halfway out of its sheath before the faint light of a match partially illuminated the face of the new arrival. At the man's utterance of the word "class", Kane let his blade fall back into its sheath as he let himself relax once more. Though there was no source of light bright enough to reflect off of the ruby set in the cross-guard of Kane's sword, it still shone with a vibrant red light, the glow throwing Kane's features into shadow, while his red eyes reflected the light and seemed to glow themselves.

Bowing to the man, Kane spoke in calm tone,
"I suppose that I was too quick to assume that this other man was our teacher. My name is Kane Atsureki, and you, I assume, are here to teach us what we need to know? Rising to stand at his full height once more, Kane waited patiently for the peculiar man's response, his hand resting lightly on the dragon-head pommel of his blade.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:54 am

User Image
(Hunter hasn't posted in over ten days, and technically, I'm not here to teach you XP)

The shadow wolf could see perfectly in the darkness, most of his life having been spent living in shadow. Watching the man bow respectfully, he bowed his head slightly. Good manners, very respectful. His weapon of choice...peculiar. Could have swordsmanship potential...a little older than most but no matter. With age comes wisdom and experience the shadow wolf thought as he stepped out from behind his desk and leaned in front of it. Crossing his arms he eyed the young man from head to toe. "Call me...Ombrare," he told him, meaning Shadow. "And yes, I am here to teach you a thing or two on how to get out of the Academy. Tell me young man, what class are you, and what is your elemental focus? Are you even aware of the elements you can control?"

Yelena the Light Reaper

Lance Fulgurant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:14 pm

(sounds good to me then blaugh )

User ImageKane Atsureki
山田野 はたけ

Kane stood patiently as the peculiar man looked him up and down, returning the man's dispassionate stare with a fiery look of his own. At the man's question, Kane said calmly, "I am a bounty hunter by trade, dabbling in all arts while focusing on none in particular, except perhaps swordplay," glancing down at his blade, Kane stroked his hand tenderly across the ruby inlaid cross-guard before looking back to the man to continue, "as for my elemental affinities I know of only one, Katon. Ombrare-sensei." Perhaps Kane would be able to graduate more quickly than he had first expected, with any luck he would be out of here in time for the next chuunin exams.

(Quick question, do I train with people of other classes before I am able to emulate them, or do I start off with the ability to emulate any and every class? My plan was to put in some "training posts" with different classes to learn to emulate them regardless, but I'm just curious.)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:27 pm

User Image
NικɛƘσтσиɛ
ナイキ 琴音
"The Sound of the Harp"
ハープの傲慢な音

xxxxIf Nike hadn’t already been on her feet, she would have jumped up; however, since she was already standing, she merely turned, her stance rigid, hands clenched into fists, to face the newcomer. Before she had time to blink or locate a face, she was plunged into darkness, eyes searching futilely for some light in the inky darkness that seemed to seep into her skin. When the newcomer flicked a match, her icy eyes, bright in the diffused light with a nearly insane glow, locked onto his face and she simply stared. Her face, lovely as it was, betrayed no emotion whatsoever, they simply bored into those of the man that had plunged her into darkness. She didn’t move, didn’t blink, as she continued to look at him, cocking her head slightly to the right side, enough so that her long hair cascaded over her shoulder with a peculiar sort of grace and elegance.
xxxx”Nike, the last name matters not. I specialize in taijutsu and the art of water release. However, I wonder if I may be so rude to point out that you, sensei still haven’t told us if you are, in fact, our teacher.” Nike laid careful, heavy emphasis on the one specific word to make a specific point as she spoke, seating herself next to where Kane was sitting, but on top of a desk, rather than at it. Her pale aqua eyes continued to burn into the strange man’s face. Her intent wasn’t to be rude, she simply did not wish to waste her time with someone who wasn’t going to get her out of this godforsaken Academy.

User Image

iShayera

950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Yelena the Light Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:30 pm

User Image

"I am here to aid you Nike, the rest matters not just like your last name. Swordplay and Taijutsu you say...and you have the water element?" he asked. The two might prove useful, considering that his master dabbles on the swordplay taught to him by the greatest swordsmen known to all of the shinobi world, having taken the weapon scrolls from Zane Hajime himself and being trained in the Water Element by the most powerful Water Shadow Luo Ushio. "Well then, lets begin with your training then...starting with the most basic of academy jutsus. Learn all three and you may graduate to genin. The Clone Jutsu, the Substitution Jutsu, and the Transformation Jutsu," the teacher explained as he began writing upon the chalkboard. Though he himself could not perform the jutsus, he simply proceeded to write on the board. He wrote out each of the names, the descriptions and the handseals for each one. "Go ahead and read the board, perform these three jutsus, and maybe you can receive a headband...maybe," the shadow wolf told the two

(I think you already have the ability to emulate the classes)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:11 pm

User Image
NικɛƘσтσиɛ
ナイキ 琴音
"The Sound of the Harp"
ハープの傲慢な音

xxxxNike rolled her eyes as she continued to perch atop the desk next to Kane, making no motion to get up and obey the man that claimed to be their teacher. Until she received a straight answer, she would not call him sensei, that much was certain. Until, he had proven his authority, she would never grant him the title or respect that he claimed to deserve. And the fact that he was merely writing the jutsu on the board without showing them, made Nike question him further. Once she caught sight of the names of the jutsu he had written, she rolled her eyes once more, something she seemed to be doing frequently since her arrival at the Academy. She tapped her fingernails, one by one in a steady, quick, staccato rhythm, against the laminate desktop before she addressed Ombrare.
xxxxSensei,” The word, uttered as a silken purr more than the scathingly sarcastic tone of disrespect that Nike had intended to mar it with, dripped with her utter disdain for this man already, sarcasm clinging to each and every syllable. Her fingernails stopped tapping, allowing an ominous sort of silence to echo around the room. “I already know these techniques.” She arched a perfectly sculpted, delicate eyebrow at Ombrare, wondering idly if her rudeness would cause an outburst. She certainly hoped so. Working quickly, she moved herself through the sets of handseals, proving her capability as she created a clone, only to blend into the background, and reappear again to take on the appearance of a small red fox.
[In this order: Bunshin no Jutsu, Kawarimi no Jutsu, and Henge no Jutsu]

User Image

iShayera

950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Lance Fulgurant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:12 pm

(alrighty then thanks)

User ImageKane Atsureki
山田野 はたけ

Kane simply nodded his head before reading over the instructions written on the board. The technique seemed simple enough, and Kane had always been a quick learner. Forming the hand-seals for the first jutsu, Clone jutsu, Kane let his chakra flow throughout his body, until a small film of chakra lay just under the surface of his skin. With a simple utterance of, "Bunshin no Jutsu", and one final pulse of chakra to push the chakra film out of his body, a puff of smoke appeared, shrouding Kane from view. When the smoke dispersed, Kane stood there, facing an exact replica of himself, both with the same bemused smirk on their face. With a nod of his head, Kane smacked the clone's face with the back of his hand, though he did not actually feel any contact, causing the clone to disperse into cloud of smoke once more.

Looking to the board once more, Kane quickly read over the next jutsu, the Henge no Jutsu, or transformation technique.
A useful technique when attempting to move unnoticed through hostile territory, Kane thought to himself as lifted his hands up to his chest. Forming the few simple hand-seals, Kane could feel his chakra being molded around his body, as if he were surrounded by it, though there was no definitive shape to it. Looking at Ombrare, Kane smirked as he said calmly, "Henge no Jutsu", and felt his chakra taking on a well defined shape as a puff of smoke surrounded him. When the smoke cleared, Kane had been replaced with a mirror image of the mysterious Ombrare. Releasing the jutsu in a puff of smoke, Kane returned to his original form. Two down, just one more to go.

Looking over the final jutsu, Kane raised an eyebrow in surprise, compared to the other two, this one was significantly more useful, at least in a combat setting. With a nod of his head, Kane lifted his hands up to his chest once more and began to perform the hand-seals. Just as before he could feel his chakra molding itself to his shape, but it felt as if something were missing this time, the object he planned to substitute himself with. It would have to be something roughly the same size he was sure, but what? Looking around the room, Kane easily spotted the object in question, the chair he had been sitting in. "Throwing" his chakra at the chair, a thin line of chakra now connected him to the chair, and with the command, "Kawarimi no jutsu", yet another puff of smoke shrouded Kane from view.

When the smoke cleared, there was only a chair where Kane had been standing, while Kane leaned lazily against a desk, his arms crossed over his chest. Turning to Ombrare, Kane made a quick bow before saying,
"is that sufficient, Ombrare Sensei."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:33 pm

User Image
The shadow wolf merely watched as the two performed the jutsus instructed flawlessly. As she listened to the young girl speak to her the way she did, he remained calm and collected, not really caring the words she spoke. He knew that a single bite from his venomous fangs would kill the girl almost instantly, but he was too proud to let her words even bother him in the slightest. From simply observing the two, he had made his final obervation: The boy he would kidnap and take him to his master, the girl...he had no use for. A girl like this who had no respect for a higher power wouldn't last a day in the cruel world of the shinobi. Therefore, he would continue his facade, until his master would signal him to strike and bring the recruits to her. "Well then I apologize for underestimating your ability Miss Nike. I will think more highly of you next time," he stated simply in an uncaring tone. "Then lets continue...elemental manipulation," he said as he wrote the explanation of Water Manipulation upon the wall. "Now Miss Nike, with your prowess, you should be able to take water from the vast amount of moisture in the air. Take some of it and form a sphere of water in your hand. Meanwhile Kane, you will learn Katon Ichi, a simple jutsu that is used by forming the seal of the tiger. Focusing your chakra at the tip of your finger, you will emanate heat from it.

Yelena the Light Reaper

Lance Fulgurant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:54 pm

User ImageKane Atsureki
山田野 はたけ

Kane couldn't help but smile slightly at Ombrare's remark concerning Nike's prowess. Kane wasn't one to give his respect to everyone he met, but neither was he so foolish as to question someone that wished to help him grow stronger. Kane listened patiently to the man's instructions as he went over the next jutsu he was to learn.

Katon: Ichi, Kane thought to himself, it does not sound like a particularly useful technique on its own, but it will be my first real lesson in elemental manipulation. Lifting his hands to his chest Kane formed the tiger seal and began to focus chakra into the tip of his finger."Katon: Ichi," Kane spoke calmly, but as he stood there staring at his finger, nothing seemed to happen. "Heat, how do I cause my chakra to be fiery?", Kane thought to himself as he stared at his finger. He thought of a warm summer day, the heat of a open flame, the red-hot steel of a blade fresh out of a forge, but still nothing happened. Grinding his teeth in frustration, Kane cried out, "Katon: Ichi!" Suddenly, Kane could feel it as his finger grew noticeably hotter, the tip even turning red as a thin tendril of smoke began to rise from it.

Blinking in surprise, Kane smirked as it dawned on him,
the key is emotion, I was too cool before, with no passion to pour into the technique. Only with passion can one master the element of fire. Looking towards Ombrare, Kane released the jutsu and bowed, smiling slightly as he said, "I am ready to proceed, Ombrare Sensei."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 pm

User Image
NικɛƘσтσиɛ
ナイキ 琴音
"The Sound of the Harp"
ハープの傲慢な音

xxxxIf Ombrare thought that she didn’t fully understand what it was that he was trying to do, he was sadly mistaken. He was telling her to do something that he knew she wouldn’t be able to do in one try, in order to deflate her ego a bit. Lowering her eyes respectfully, in such a way that a lady was required, Nike bowed to her sensei, marking the first time in her life that she had ever shown even the smallest bit of respect for someone. The way Nike looked at it, Ombrare had earned it by putting up with her blatant rudeness and not kicking her a** from there to hell and back again. When she spoke, the words were a mere whisper in the still air of the room.
xxxx“My apologies, sensei.” The word was spoken truthfully, with no sarcasm to be found. “You have earned my respect.” The statement was simple and terse, as the vast majority of Nike’s words were as she stood, sliding off the desk gently to begin the technique which she was instructed to perform. She concentrated hard, letting her chakra seep out of her very skin, out of her pores, to merge seamlessly with the air and the moisture that surrounded her. He wished for her to form a sphere of water, and that was exactly what she intended to do, she reminded herself as she collected the moisture on a condensation nucleus in the palm of her hand. The water vapor collected, building itself up into a sphere rapidly, more so than she had expected. She released her held breath a mere fraction of a second too early, however, and the growing bubble collapsed and dispersed, causing Nike to sigh to herself.
xxxxHer lips were pressed together, her forehead creased with the raw power of her concentration as Nike once more built up a layer of chakra under her skin and forced it out through her pores, melding it with the vapor that was still in the air even after her last attempt. She felt the droplets of water converge on the pinpoint of chakra that had manifested in the center of the palm of her hand, and watched as more and more of the water vapor collected on the point. The thin film of water thickened, growing inwards until the sphere was full of liquid in the center of Nike’s left hand. Using her chakra to keep the sphere rotating in order to maintain its shape, she held out her hand towards Ombrare, prodding the shape delicately as if to prove that it was, in fact, real.
xxxx“Holy sh—cow.” Nike caught herself before the curse could slide from her lips and looked over at Kane and then towards Ombrare. She had never done anything like this before in her life, but it fascinated her all the same.

User Image

iShayera

950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Yelena the Light Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:15 pm

User Image

The girl picked that up rather quickly...not to mention her attitude had completely changed. Maybe she's not so useful afterall, and the fact that she's a taijutsu user...another Mist Stance Style practitioner might be good for what her master is planning. The Shadow Wolf decided he should just continue and see how the day turns out. "Well then...lets begin with the next set of skills. Kane, the Flare Technique, the Flaming Palm technique, and the Fire Clone," the wolf wrote on the wall. "The Flare skill is a precursor to more powerful fire breathing skills, the flaming palm skill will aid you should you ever loose your sword, and the Fire clone...well, the fact that it explodes upon command gives oppenents a 'banging' surprise," the wolf joked as he turned to look at the young girl. "Meanwhile, a Taijutsu specialist has limited knowled of ninjutsu, water manipulation is enough for now. Lets begin shall we?" the wolf told her as he dashed forward, the cape on his back falling off as he lunged at the girl suddenly, aiming a palm strike at her chest. In order to begin training in the Mist Stance style, he needed to train her in fighting in a misty area. So while Kane was focused on the ninjutsus, he could focus on her taijuts.

-

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 340 341 342 343 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games