Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:32 pm
I haven't taken off my Superior Form in ages. Not entirely sure why. Habit, I think. It looks weird without it now.

Hi Magni! :3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:32 pm
...And it's still not complete...I still need the elemental hair and wings.  

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:38 pm
*waves* Hey Cobalt . . . how's life?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:45 pm
Life is good. Free mochas every day, learning a new language, studying for the GRE and looking for grad schools. My life in a nutshell. :3 And I'm visiting old friends tomorrow, yay! <3

How are you?  

Cobalt

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:51 pm
Zahzi, I can give you money for the stuff... How much do you need?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:52 pm
eek Enjoying college life significantly less than you, it appears.

I've been at odds with my professor since week one . . . and she just made some serious attacks on me, "my family, friends, and aquaintances" in the public forum. When I complained (as did several other students) the advice is to shut up and keep my head down. Now she is docking me points for no reason at all on my work . . . .

And the worst part, our argument that put it over the top was whether the Wii is an exercise machine with the Wii Fit game. sweatdrop  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:58 pm
Oh my. That's definitely not cool. gonk Is there a higher-up you can complain to? A dean or department chair?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:00 pm
NeoNeon
Zahzi, I can give you money for the stuff... How much do you need?

Ah, no need. I'm almost at the point to get one of them, anyway.  

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:02 pm
I and at least two others have complained to our academic counselors, but they all say they will look into it and not say anything. I just got back a grade that had been given 4/5 and there is no reason for losing the point. Certainly not anything worth 20% of the grade for the assignment. I have pointed out logically that spell checker, grammar checker, and visual inspection show no problem. The source used was from the school library, a trusted source, and I used a previously acceptable paper as a template. So, it should be given a good grade since she liked everything that was not technical.

I hate this woman.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:22 pm
Seriously, schedule a meeting with the department chair/dean. An academic advisor may not have any power to do anything. But the chair/dean does, though, and has direct authority over your prof. Show him/her your papers, discuss your attempts to rectify the situation, and hopefully something will get done. I've had problem professors like that before, and a subjective prof can make life hell. >/

But the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If nobody else knows this woman is doing this to her students, nothing will get done about it. *shrug* Since it's unfair to you, you have every right to discuss it with somebody with authority to deal with it. If you want, get everybody together who has have problems with her and do it all at once. If they see it's not an isolated case, they'll be more likely to do something about it.  

Cobalt

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:32 pm
I've done all I can for now. The class is over in less than a week, and several students have complained. I can't go and talk to anybody in person because it is an online college, and the only contact I have is my academic counselor.

But with no less than three complaints, and factual statements on my side, I can only hope to get through this alright.

And yes, this subjective wench (who bragged about having all three major game systems, about $1K) is quite hard to work with.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:34 pm
Boo on that. Well, at least it's almost over. :/

*gives you a cookie for getting through it* :3  

Cobalt

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:00 pm
*noms cookie into oblivion* I am beginning to think this is gonna be like my last math course. Just surviving is going to be enough for me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:47 pm
Er, what math course are you taking?  

Lise Illumincroix

Arthur Sataine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:31 pm
Seto_Hayashi
Mirouni

Muahahaha.
Yes, you are a hippie, as am I.
I am also a hippie with knowledge of physics and chemistry. Prepare yourself to be utterly BORED.

Heat in itself is in essence simply energy that is generated by molecules in motion. Meaning that when the electrons in a certain molecule start accelerating, then heat is created.
I break it down in physics, because it's easier for me..

To begin, I shall explain terms.
Q = heat energy. This is the total energy created by heat.
M = Mass of the object or substance in question.
/T (Delta T.) = change in temperature. (caused by the presence of heat. which is explained above.)
C = specific heat of a substance.

Formulas for heat look like this.

Q = M x C x /T.

--BLAH BLAH BLAH STUFF TOO BIG FOR QUOTE.--

As for one being needed more than the other...
Water makes up roughly 70% of the human body.
Water is needed for plants to grow. ALL plants. Fire is not.
Without water, we would not be alive
Without Oxygen, we would not be alive.
We can live without fire.

Case closed. Thank you for your time. ninja

*INHALES, nice and deep* NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*inhale*DUH!

Like, most freaking awesome nerd moment EVER.! Yeah, i know, slow on the uptake, LEMME LONE! Still though, you pwned fire. with WORDS.

Actually, if we had no fire we would all be dead. In fact, none of us would've ever been here in the first place. Consider Sol into the equation and then tell me we don't need fire to live. wink

Also, with a complete absence of heat, all life would perish.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games