Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Crystallis Research Academy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:57 pm
(The prologue has begun! I'm posting this long post to give you a chance to read how the story is beginning. This is a part of the prologue that happened more than three months ago!!! If you want to be a part of the prologue, then try to jump in where you can. If you can't, then you can easily take part when the storyline starts. I won't be posting until this message turns blue. This is just a foundation of which to start. I will be making a synopsis of the events here(which I hope will be shorter), but it will wait until after the prologue is finished. Then the time will fast forward to the present time. If you don't understand what's going on, then please post in the recruiting topic and I'll try to explain it better.)

When it's believed to be peaceful in the Academy, usually something really sinister is going on. That was what Rick thought as he lifted a small purple jewel in his hands towards the light so he could see through it, "Human crystallis, huh?" He pondered, "They are so weak. Why do I have to experiment on these things? Can't I get an Angel crystallis at least? Ms. Hunter used to have fun using Dragonkin crystallis," He was complaining to a lifeless room. All of his stuff was there, including some books about crystallis and souls. He leaned forward again and placed the crystallis down on the table, "Fine...What was next..." He said to himself and flipped through his book.
Then an explosion shook the walls of the Academy. Instantly Rick was on his feet. He never heard an explosion of that caliber before. And never from where he was. It sounded like it was coming from the large experiment chambers.
If he remained where he was, he could have been saved, but he was too curious to stay there. He walked out and pulled a running guard to one side, "What's going on?" He demanded.
"KIERAN is out of control! We're going to subdue it!" The guard said and continued running down the hallway.
"That codename..." Rick froze. He recognized that name. His aunt and uncle worked on that experiment, and the experiment killed them. His cousin, Ms. Hunter, must have been reassigned to the experiment. But...wasn't that experiment an escapee? Did they get it back? After all these years it's been found and returned? It was almost too good to be true! He could see the experiment itself! The monster that killed Ms. Hunter's parents!
He heard people yelling and the sound of tranquilizer darts whizzing, close to the initial explosion. Then a weird splattering sound. He's heard that sound more than once, but never out in the hallways. KIERAN was insane. It's killing everything in it's path.
Rick got closer, but then dived into a small room which contained viruses and other biochemical substances. He knew the creature was close. He looked around in the dull room now that he had the door shut behind him. There were many different vials in racks, and a small rack next to the door that contained swords. And there was one vial that was by itself. It was placed in it's own container. It was virus 000527.
Rick's attention instantly went back to the door. He was right next to the main quarantine room. Blood gurgled from the space between the door and the room Rick was in. It was the blood of anyone who stepped up against the experiment. He looked back outside.
His eyes widened. An Angel with black wings and a human girl? He could tell that the Angel was the experiment. It was the most powerful by far. His suspicions were proven when a guard opened fire on the Angel with some sort of tranquilizing weapon and the guard was beaten away by magic emanating from the Angel's barrier. The Angel stopped at the door of the quarantine chambers. It used magic to blast the doors open and he walked in calmly. The girl following it seemed to be very worried. Rick couldn't hear anything, but it was obvious by the girl's actions that she didn't know what was going on anymore.
Then Rick heard a scream inside the quarantine chambers, "Don't come closer!!" And Rick's eyes widened.
"Ms. Hunter!" Rick exclaimed, but before he could leave the room, some more guards had arrived at the door of the chamber. There was a few seconds where nothing at all happened. Rick wondered what could have happened, and he heard his own pulse grow louder in his ears from anticipation and fear. Those were the longest few seconds of Rick's life.
Then, the world seemed to fall apart. He saw a flash of light magic from inside the quarantine chambers, and then all hell broke loose. He couldn't even react. All he could hear was metal screaming, people dying all around him, and anything else splintering. And all he saw was shards of things shooting past. Before he knew it he was buried under a heavy piece of metal that was a part of the building's support. He groaned in pain. Shards of glass was falling around him, and an empty container about a foot cubed lay shattered nearby.
He looked up just in time to see the Angel's features more clearly. He could have laughed. The Angel that meant Rick's death was one who wore such outdated suits. But he couldn't laugh. He saw that, along with the girl from before that was in the Angel's arms now, there was another girl inside the barrier, "Ms...Hun...ter..." Rick said quietly. She was unconscious, but she was alive.
When the powerful presence left, Rick looked down at himself. He was badly wounded. He wondered if he would end up dying there or being found and turned into an experiment first. He wasn't a genius like his cousin, so it was likely he would end up a monster or something.
That was when he noticed something on the ground nearby. It was a black liquid. Rick wondered what component it was. It had no odor and it's moving on it's own, "...What...?" He questioned weakly. The liquid slid closer to him. Whatever it was, Rick Hunter knew he shouldn't stick around to find out. His inner instincts kicked in and he tried to get out from under the debris. But he couldn't. The liquid was inches away from his broken arm. He wasn't able to pull away fast enough before the liquid moved to an open wound and entered his body, "AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" He screamed in agony, but it was drowned out by the panicked screams of the experiments in the quarantine room.

Not too far away from the large experiment rooms, another Angel was being experimented on. This one had large white wings. His half aware form watched as the scientists busily injected him with drugs.
Why...? What are you doing to me...? I beg you...no more... The Angel almost gave up hope of ever being rescued. He didn't even remember how he got there. An explosion nearby frightened the scientists, and the Angel took a chance. He recalled that there was a rack next to the door that has swords in it. If he could just get to that then he might be able to fight his way out.
While the scientists were looking at each other in fear and worry, Bradley Freef struck. From the tilted up table he was strapped on, he managed to snap the restraints at last. The wires in his torso, wings, and arms slipped out of his bare skin as he managed to knock two of the scientists over. While they were recovering, Bradley was already at the sword rack, "...Was I this fast before...?" He wondered to himself and broke the glass with his fist. He snatched the first blade that he came across, "...Ah...!" He let out a sharp yell. Something was commanding him! Yelling at him! SCREAMING!
KILL!!! KILL!!!
He wasn't even aware of what he was doing until he saw the bloodstained corpses of the scientists that were working on him, "...I...I couldn't...have..." He was amazed. Something took him over.
He needed to get out of here, before it happened again. He heard another explosion and decided to go for that. If there's an explosion, then the chances are good that there was no one there to attack anymore. He ran with unreal speed towards the explosion.
"What...?" Brad questioned. The hallway floors were covered with about a centimeter deep of blood. His shoes made a sickening squishing sound as he ran.
Finally he found the site of the explosion. It was a few minutes after, and what caused it was long gone. He could hear many people approching, so Brad knew he had to flee. His mind was scrambled, but he knew heading to the light was always a good thing.
"Hold it right the-re..." A man gripped Brad's arm. He turned to look at the man. He wore a black lab coat with the Academy's emblem on it. He's the enemy.
"Let me go," Brad threatened, "Let me go or I'll cut you open."
KILL!!! KILL!!!
Brad flinched when the command flooded his senses again.
The man who was holding Brad's right arm grinned, "You're ju-st the o-ne I'm look-ing f-or!" The man said, stretching his words way too much. And he was grinning. Way too creepy.
"What the hell?! Let me go right now or I'll kill you!" Brad struggled in the man's iron grip.
The man only laughed, but it sounded strange, "Ye-s. You'll ma-ke a wond-erful host!" His hand dug into Brad's arm and caused a wound.
Brad's struggling continued, "b*****d! What are you talking about?!"
Brad saw something black leave the man's fingernails and go into Brad's wounds, "Now y-ou'll be a pa-rt of me!" The man exclaimed.
"Agh!" Brad felt something infesting his arm. His right hand started to lose color and go pale. Brad managed to break away from the man's grip, "What the hell have you done to me?!" He demanded, cradling his right arm.
"You do-n't hav-e to k-now," The man said, "It's a-lre-ady too la-te for y-ou."
Brad looked down and realized that the man was right. The infection was spreading up his arm, "Academy scum! You're not going to win!"
He felt some kind of magic come out of his sword to counter the infection. Brad glared at the man and ran away as fast as he could.
The man just smiled, "No wo-rries...Y-ou will be mi-ne too..." The man said.
Some scientists and guards managed to get to the wreckage and find the man, "You're Rick Hunter right?" One of them called.
The man, no longer Rick anymore, turned to look at them with the man's indifferent expression, "Yes. I'm Rick," He said naturally.
"Are you okay?" Another scientist asked.
"Yes, I'm perfectly fine," Rick lied, "I was able to avoid the blast without much injuries."
"Good, well get dressed and go back to your post," The first scientist said, "There's nothing to see here."
"Yes sir. I just need to go into the quarantine room for a second," Rick said.
"Very well. Take your time and be careful. The experiments are panicked."
Rick walked into the room with a twisted smile, "Yes they are, and they are all my friends..."

(Bradley exits to ???)  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:27 pm
(So, can we post off this like its in the past as well?)  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:30 pm
(The posts that happen here for now will be things that happened three months ago. Conversations can happen like normal, etc. But just remember that at a certain point I'm going to make a post telling everyone that time has fast forwarded to present day. Then anyone who has participated in the prologue would have to make some kind of synopsis here stating what they were up to in those missing three months. Post in the recruitment topic if you have more questions.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:46 pm
(Thats what i thought.)

There was a slight clank in another lab two rooms away from where Rick was. inside, laying on a table, sedated, lay a wingless angel, covered in bandages all over him, save for around his head. he had not been awakened by the explosions, and no one had bothered to do so, since he was still recovering... though his body had almost finished healing the wounds. there were probes though, alongside the usual medical gear, burried in his flesh, which were syphoning power from him as he lay. an alarm went off suddenly, which would draw the nearest Scientist, showign that he should be woken...  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:50 pm
Lydia had been in an examination room right next to the quarantine room when the alarms began to sound. Scientist and guards were running everywhere, but she didn’t even think to ask. She just sat on the examination table, waiting to be told what to do next. It was better just to do as you were told in the Academy. You tended to live longer that way.
She sat there for the longest time and then, without warning, there was some sort of explosion next to her. She jumped to her feet, every nerve in her body on edge. She walked quietly to the door and peeked out. The door to the quarantine room had been blown off and there appeared to be an angel and a human standing in the doorway. Lydia couldn’t put her finger on it but something about the angel resonated within her. She watched them, mostly hidden within the examination. Then guards came and surrounded the angel, only to be blown apart by his magic. Then the building seemed to be coming down and Lydia dropped to her hands and knees. She crawled into the hallway as the angel fled with some others. She hid behind a piece of the ceiling and then heard someone speaking near her. She peeked around her makeshift hiding place and saw a scientist she knew trapped under some rubble. She remembered this scientist being nice to her and was about to go help him, but she saw something that stopped her.
There was a black liquid that seemed to crawl into the man’s injuries and he screamed in pain. Lydia just watched with wide eyes as she saw him being possessed by whatever that liquid was. She did nothing to stop it, she didn’t know what she could do.
When the man screamed, she turned her back and tried not to hear it. Then was so much yelling and so much chaos, it was overwhelming her. She waited for someone to find her and tell her what to do. She couldn’t make a decision herself.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 pm
Rick's hand rested on the door frame to the quarantine room, "Such destruction..." He commented in awe. Whatever caused this, he wanted it. He wanted it to be all his. His hand lowered and he walked into the quarantine room.
Instantly the test subjects were silent.
Rick just laughed quietly and walked over to a mutant that resembled a lion and a dragon. He stood before the creature, who shrank back in fear of him, "Don't fear me boy," Rick said in a sickeningly smooth voice, "I just want to pet you. That's all."  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:18 pm
Lydia turned when she heard someone walk by her hiding place.
Go, escape now! the male voice that came from her crystallis urged. Now is our chance, we can't stay here.
but that man, Lydia replied, watching Rick go into the quarantine room. Now, he's as much an experiment as we are, and I let it happen.
You didn't do anything, now run! Quickly, before someone finds us!
It was a rare occurrence when she didn't listen to her crystallis, but this was one of those times. She quickly pushed herself to her feet and walked towards the room, so she could watch Rick again. She wasn't sure what was happening to him, but she wanted to help.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:24 pm
"Come on boy," Rick continued to try and coax the creature over. Eventually, it did as it was told. Rick's hand rested on the creature's mane, "Good boy...Good boy..." He said in approval, "Now you'll be my pet."
When he said that, his hand sank into the creature's mane and down to it's flesh. The creature pulled away quickly with pain and betrayal in it's eyes before it fell to the ground unconscious. It's leathery wings draped over it.
Rick smiled a little more, but then it was like pain shot through his body. He gripped the bars of the cage the creature was in and he sank to his knees, "...S-Stop...Wh-what are...? D-on't..." He gasped quietly. For a moment, the real Rick was present. For a moment, he was alive. Then his mind was crushed again and he closed his eyes.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Lydia didn't make a noise as she watched what Rick was doing. She wanted to look away when he stuck his hand into the boy. She just watched with wide eyes. It was then that she watched as Rick tried to come back.
See, see? she asked her crystallis. There is hope! I think we should try to help him.
Her crystallis didn't reply.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:54 pm
Rick took a few small breaths, "Stupid human...There's no defying me," He said under his breath. He looked up at the creature he was petting before. It was still unconscious, "The infestation has begun here. Time to move on," He told himself and stood up. He straightened out his dirty lab coat and watched as the creature he was once petting woke up. It went into a wild frenzy in the cage and tried to grasp at anything nearby that wasn't him, "Good boy," He said again and turned to walk to another cage to see what kind of creatures were here. He was smiling like one would when visiting a zoo, only in the back of his mind he knew all these animals and beings were all his. He wondered also what other kinds of creatures were in this building but were being experimented on. He would love to get his hands on them too.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 pm
Lydia watched, too afraid to approach him, but forcing herself not to run away. She knew better to run and tell a scientist. They would believe Rick's body over her, so she was on her own. She quietly slipped in so she was just inside the door. Her eyes didn't leave him.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm
Ricked smiled at another experiment before he noticed he was being watched by something else. He turned and saw a little girl, "Who are you?" Rick asked Lydia. His icy eyes stared into hers.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:10 pm
Lydia had her back pressed against the wall, so she couldn't shrink back from him like she wanted to. "Experiment 02317..." she replied, quietly. When a scientist asked her that, they didn't want her actually name, just her number. Only the scientist assigned to her case actually called her by her name.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:10 pm
The alarm in the lab room was going off louder than before, but would initiate emergency wake up soon enough if no one awoke the person on the table. the bandages on the man were tightly bound, leaving nothing to the imagination, though the medical scrub pants on him did allow for modesty. he was clearly cut though, though there was an odd shape to his right arm from the elbow down.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:15 pm
Rick smiled evilly, "Of course," Was all he said. Then his attention went to another sound from another room. He walked past Lydia and into the hallway, towards the room where a man lay waiting to be awakened. He could try and figure out what this one was and maybe make him one of his as well. Then he could start infesting the staff covertly.
He walked into the room and calmly pressed the appropriate button to awaken the man. He stood there and waited with a small grin on his face.  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games