Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:30 am
Job
Chapter 30
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 But nowe they that are yonger then I, haue mee in derision, whose fathers I would haue disdained to haue set with the dogs of my flocke.

2 Yea whereto might the strength of their hands profit me, in whom olde age was perished?

3 For want and famine they were solitarie: flying into the wildernesse in former time desolate and waste:

4 Who cut vp mallowes by the bushes, and Iuniper rootes for their meate.

5 They were driuen foorth from among men, (they cried after them, as after a thiefe.)

6 To dwell in the clifts of the valleys, in caues of the earth, and in the rockes.

7 Among the bushes they brayed: vnder the nettles they were gathered together.

8 They were children of fooles, yea children of base men: they were viler then the earth.

9 And now am I their song, yea I am their by-word.

10 They abhorre me, they flee farre from me, and spare not to spit in my face.

11 Because hee hath loosed my cord and afflicted me, they haue also let loose the bridle before me.

12 Upon my right hand rise the youth, they push away my feete, and they raise vp against mee the wayes of their destruction.

13 They marre my path, they set forward my calamitie, they haue no helper.

14 They came vpon me as a wide breaking in of waters: in the desolation they rolled themselues vpon me.

15 Terrours are turned vpon mee: they pursue my soule as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloude.

16 And now my soule is powred out vpon me: the dayes of affliction haue taken hold vpon me.

17 My bones are pierced in mee in the night season: and my sinewes take no rest.

18 By the great force of my disease, is my garment changed: it bindeth mee about as the collar of my coat.

19 He hath cast mee into the myre, and I am become like dust and ashes.

20 I crie vnto thee, and thou doest not heare me: I stand vp, and thou regardest me not.

21 Thou art become cruell to me: with thy strong hand thou opposest thy selfe against me.

22 Thou liftest me vp to the wind: thou causest me to ride vpon it, and dissoluest my substance.

23 For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all liuing.

24 Howbeit he will not stretch out his hand to the graue, though they cry in his destruction.

25 Did not I weepe for him that was in trouble? was not my soule grieued for the poore?

26 When I looked for good, then euill came vnto mee: and when I waited for light, there came darkenes.

27 My bowels boyled and rested not: the dayes of affliction preuented mee.

28 I went mourning without the Sunne: I stood vp, and I cried in the Congregation.

29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owles.

30 My skinne is blacke vpon mee, and my bones are burnt with heat.

31 My harpe also is turned to mourning, and my organe into the voyce of them that weepe.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:00 am
Job
Chapter 31

1 I made a couenant with mine eyes; why then should I thinke vpon a mayd?

2 For what portion of God is there from aboue? and what inheritance of the Almighty from on high?

3 Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquitie?

4 Doeth not he see my wayes, and count all my steps?

5 If I haue walked with vanitie, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit;

6 Let me bee weighed in an euen ballance, that God may know mine integritie.

7 If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaued to my hands:

8 Then let mee sow, and let another eate, yea let my off-spring be rooted out.

9 If mine heart haue bene deceiued by a woman, or if I haue layde wait at my neighbours doore:

10 Then let my wife grind vnto another, and let others bow downe vpon her.

11 For this is an heinous crime, yea, it is an iniquitie to bee punished by the Iudges.

12 For it is a fire that consumeth to destruction, and would roote out all mine encrease.

13 If I did despise the cause of my man-seruant, or of my mayd-seruant, when they contended with me:

14 What then shall I do, when God riseth vp? and when hee visiteth, what shall I answere him?

15 Did not hee that made mee in the wombe, make him? and did not one fashion vs in the wombe?

16 If I haue withhelde the poore from their desire, or haue caused the eyes of the widow to faile:

17 Or haue eaten my morsell my selfe alone, and the fatherlesse hath not eaten thereof:

18 (For from my youth hee was brought vp with me as with a father, and I haue guided her from my mothers wombe.)

19 If I haue seene any perish for want of cloathing, or any poore without couering:

20 If his loynes haue not blessed me, and if hee were not warmed with the fleece of my sheepe:

21 If I haue lift vp my hand against the fatherlesse, when I saw my helpe in the gate:

22 Then let mine arme fall from my shoulder-blade, and mine arme be broken from the bone.

23 For destruction from God was a terrour to mee: and by reason of his highnesse, I could not endure.

24 If I haue made golde my hope, or haue said to the fine gold, Thou art my confidence:

25 If I reioyced because my wealth was great, and because mine hand had gotten much:

26 If I beheld the Sunne when it shined, or the Moone walking in brightnesse:

27 And my heart hath bene secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:

28 This also were an iniquitie to be punished by the Iudge: For I should haue denied the God that is aboue.

29 If I reioyced at the destruction of him that hated me, or lift vp my selfe when euill found him:

30 (Neither haue I suffered my mouth to sinne by wishing a curse to his soule.)

31 If the men of my tabernacle said not, Oh that we had of his flesh! wee cannot be satisfied.

32 The stranger did not lodge in the street: but I opened my doores to the trauailer.

33 If I couered my transgressions, as Adam: by hiding mine iniquitie in my bosome:

34 Did I feare a great multitude, or did the contempt of families terrifie me: that I kept silence, and went not out of the doore?

35 O that one would heare me! beholde, my desire is, that the Almightie would answere me, and that mine aduersary had written a booke.

36 Surely I would take it vpon my shoulder, and bind it as a crowne to me.

37 I would declare vnto him the number of my steps, as a prince would I goe neere vnto him.

38 If my land cry against me, or that the furrowes likewise thereof complaine:

39 If I haue eaten the fruits thereof without money, or haue caused the owners thereof to loose their life:

40 Let thistles grow in stead of wheat, and cockle in stead of barley. The words of Iob are ended.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 am
Job
Chapter 32

1 So these three men ceased to answere Iob, because he was righteous in his owne eyes.

2 Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu, the sonne of Barachel the Buzite, of the kinred of Ram: against Iob was his wrath kindled, because he iustified himselfe rather then God.

3 Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled: because they had found no answere, and yet had condemned Iob.

4 Now Elihu had waited till Iob had spoken: because they were elder then he.

5 When Elihu saw that there was no answere in the mouth of these three men, then his wrath was kindled.

6 And Elihu the sonne of Barachel the Buzite answered and sayd: I am yong, and yee are very old, wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion.

7 I said, Dayes should speake, and multitude of yeeres should teach wisedome.

8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almightie giueth them vnderstanding.

9 Great men are not alwayes wise: neither doe the aged vnderstand iudgement.

10 Therfore I sayd, Hearken to me: I also will shew mine opinion.

11 Behold, I waited for your words: I gaue eare to your reasons, whilest you searched out what to say.

12 Yea, I attended vnto you: and beholde, there was none of you that conuinced Iob, or that answered his words:

13 Lest ye should say, We haue found out wisdom: God thrusteth him down, not man.

14 Now he hath not directed his words against me: neither will I answere him with your speeches.

15 They were amased, they answered no more, they left off speaking.

16 When I had waited, (for they spake not, but stood still and answered no more.)

17 I sayd, I will answere also my part, I also will shew mine opinion.

18 For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.

19 Behold, my belly is as wine, which hath no vent, it is ready to burst like new bottles.

20 I will speake, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lippes, and answere.

21 Let me not, I pray you, accept any mans person: neither let me giue flattering titles vnto man.

22 For I know not to giue flattering titles: in so doing my maker would soone take me away.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 am
Job
Chapter 33

1 Wherefore, Iob, I pray thee, heare my speeches, and hearken to all my wordes.

2 Behold, now I haue opened my mouth, my tongue hath spoken in my mouth.

3 My words shalbe of the vprightnesse of my heart: and my lippes shall vtter knowledge clearely.

4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almightie hath giuen me life.

5 If thou canst, answere me, set thy wordes in order before me, stand vp.

6 Behold, I am according to thy wish in Gods stead: I also am formed out of the clay.

7 Behold, my terrour shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heauie vpon thee.

8 Surely thou hast spoken in mine hearing, and I haue heard the voice of thy words, saying,

9 I am cleane without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquitie in me.

10 Behold, hee findeth occasions against mee, hee counteth mee for his enemie.

11 He putteth my feete in the stockes, he marketh all my pathes.

12 Behold, in this thou art not iust: I will answere thee, That God is greater then man.

13 Why doest thou striue against him? for he giueth not account of any of his matters.

14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiueth it not.

15 In a dreame, in a vision of the night, when deepe sleepe falleth vpon men, in slumbrings vpon the bed:

16 Then hee openeth the eares of men, and sealeth their instruction,

17 That hee may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

18 Hee keepeth backe his soule from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

19 Hee is chastened also with paine vpon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong paine.

20 So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soule daintie meate.

21 His flesh is consumed away that it cannot be seene; and his bones that were not seene, sticke out.

22 His soule draweth neere vnto the graue, and his life to the destroyers.

23 If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew vnto man his vprightnesse:

24 Then hee is gracious vnto him, and sayth, Deliuer him from going downe to the pit; I haue found a ransome.

25 His flesh shall be fresher then a childes: he shall returne to the dayes of his youth.

26 He shall pray vnto God, and hee will be fauourable vnto him, and hee shall see his face with ioy: for hee will render vnto man his righteousnesse.

27 He looketh vpon men, and if any say, I haue sinned, and peruerted that which was right, and it profited mee not:

28 Hee will deliuer his soule from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

29 Loe, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man,

30 To bring backe his soule from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the liuing.

31 Marke well, O Iob, hearken vnto me, hold thy peace, and I wil speake.

32 If thou hast any thing to say, answere me: speake, for I desire to iustifie thee.

33 If not, hearken vnto me: holde thy peace, and I shall teach thee wisedome.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:59 am
Job
Chapter 34

1 Furthermore Elihu answered, and said,

2 Heare my wordes, O yee wise men, and giue eare vnto me, ye that haue knowledge.

3 For the eare trieth words, as the mouth tasteth meate.

4 Let vs chuse to vs iudgement: let vs know among our selues what is good.

5 For Iob hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my iudgement.

6 Should I lye against my right? my wound is incurable without transgression.

7 What man is like Iob, who drinketh vp scorning like water?

8 Which goeth in company with the workers of iniquitie, and walketh with wicked men.

9 For hee hath said, It profiteth a man nothing, that he should delight himselfe with God.

10 Therefore hearken vnto me, ye men of vnderstanding: farre bee it from God, that he should doe wickednes, and from the Almighty, that hee should commit iniquitie.

11 For the worke of a man shall he render vnto him, and cause euery man to finde according to his wayes.

12 Yea surely God will not doe wickedly, neither will the Almighty peruert iudgement.

13 Who hath giuen him a charge ouer the earth? or who hath disposed the whole world?

14 If he set his heart vpon man, if he gather vnto himselfe his spirit and his breath;

15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turne againe vnto dust.

16 If now thou hast vnderstanding, heare this: hearken to the voyce of my words.

17 Shall euen he that hateth right, gouerne? and wilt thou condemne him that is most iust?

18 Is it fit to say to a King, Thou art wicked? and to Princes, Ye are vngodly?

19 How much lesse to him that accepteth not the persons of Princes, nor regardeth the rich more then the poore? for they all are the woorke of his hands.

20 In a moment shall they die, and the people shalbe troubled at midnight, and passe away: and the mighty shall be taken away without hand.

21 For his eyes are vpon the wayes of man, and he seeth all his goings.

22 There is no darkenes, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquitie may hide themselues.

23 For hee will not lay vpon man more then right; that he should enter into iudgement with God.

24 He shall breake in pieces mighty men without number, and set others in their stead.

25 Therefore hee knoweth their workes, and he ouerturneth them in the night, so that they are destroyed.

26 He striketh them as wicked men, in the open sight of others:

27 Because they turned backe from him, and would not consider any of his wayes.

28 So that they cause the cry of the poore to come vnto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.

29 When he giueth quietnesse, who then can make trouble? and when hee hideth his face, who then can beholde him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man onely:

30 That the hypocrite raigne not, lest the people be ensnared.

31 Surely it is meete to be said vnto God, I haue borne chastisement, I will not offend any more.

32 That which I see not, teach thou me; If I haue done iniquitie, I will doe no more.

33 Should it bee according to thy minde? he will recompense it, whether thou refuse, or whether thou chuse, and not I: therefore speake what thou knowest.

34 Let men of vnderstanding tell mee, and let a wise man hearken vnto mee.

35 Iob hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdome.

36 My desire is that Iob may bee tried vnto the ende, because of his answeres for wicked men.

37 For he addeth rebellion vnto his sinne, hee clappeth his handes amongst vs, and multiplieth his words against God.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:48 am
Job
Chapter 35

1 Elihu spake moreouer, and said,

2 Thinkest thou this to bee right, that thou saydest, My righteousnesse is more then Gods?

3 For thou saydst, what aduantage will it bee vnto thee, and, what profite shall I haue, if I bee cleansed from my sinne?

4 I will answere thee, and thy companions with thee.

5 Looke vnto the heauens and see, and behold the clouds which are higher then thou.

6 If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him? or it thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou vnto him?

7 If thou be righteous, what giuest thou him? or what receiueth hee of thine hand?

8 Thy wickednesse may hurt a man as thou art, and thy righteousnesse may profit the sonne of man.

9 By reason of the multitude of oppressions they make the oppressed to crie: they crie out by reason of the arme of the mightie.

10 But none saith, where is God my maker, who giueth songs in the night?

11 Who teacheth vs more then the beasts of the earth, and maketh vs wiser then the foules of heauen.

12 There they crie, (but none giueth answere) because of the pride of euill men.

13 Surely God wil not heare vanitie, neither wil the Almightie regard it.

14 Although thou sayest thou shalt not see him, yet iudgement is before him, therefore trust thou in him.

15 But now because it is not so, hee hath visited in his anger, yet he knoweth it not in great extremitie:

16 Therefore doeth Iob open his mouth in vaine: he multiplieth words without knowledge.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:56 am
Job
Chapter 36

1 Elihu also proceeded, and said,

2 Suffer mee a little, and I will shewe thee, that I haue yet to speake on Gods behalfe.

3 I will fetch my knowledge from afarre, and will ascribe righteousnesse to my Maker.

4 For truely my words shall not be false: he that is perfect in knowledge, is with thee.

5 Behold, God is mightie, and despiseth not any: he is mightie in strength and wisedome.

6 He preserueth not the life of the wicked: but giueth right to the poore.

7 Hee withdraweth not his eyes from the righteous: but with kings are they on the throne, yea he doth establish them for euer, and they are exalted.

8 And if they bee bound in fetters, and be holden in cords of affliction:

9 Then hee sheweth them their worke, and their transgressions, that they haue exceeded.

10 He openeth also their eare to discipline, and commandeth that they returne from iniquitie.

11 If they obey and serue him, they shall spend their dayes in prosperitie, and their yeeres in pleasures.

12 But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.

13 But the hypocrites in heart heape vp wrath: they crie not when he bindeth them.

14 They die in youth, and their life is among the vncleane.

15 He deliuereth the poore in his affliction, and openeth their eares in oppression.

16 Euen so would he haue remooued thee out of the strait into a broad place, where there is no straitnesse, and that which should be set on thy table, should be full of fatnesse.

17 But thou hast fulfilled the iudgement of the wicked: iudgement and iustice take hold on thee.

18 Because there is wrath, beware lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransome cannot deliuer thee.

19 Will he esteeme thy riches? no not gold, nor all the forces of strength.

20 Desire not the night, when people are cut off in their place.

21 Take heed, regard not iniquitie: for this hast thou chosen rather then affliction.

22 Beholde, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?

23 Who hath inioyned him his way? or who can say, Thou hast wrought iniquitie?

24 Remember that thou magnifie his worke, which men behold.

25 Euery man may see it, man may behold it afarre off.

26 Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his yeeres be searched out.

27 For hee maketh small the drops of water: they powre downe raine according to the vapour thereof:

28 Which the clouds doe drop, and distill vpon man aboundantly.

29 Also can any vnderstand the spreadings of the clouds, or the noise of his tabernacle?

30 Behold, he spreadeth his light vpon it, and couereth the bottome of the sea.

31 For by them iudgeth he the people, he giueth meate in abundance.

32 With clouds he couereth the light, and commaundeth it not to shine, by the cloud that commeth betwixt.

33 The noise thereof sheweth concerning it, the cattel also concerning the Uapour.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:09 am
Job
Chapter 37

1 At this also my heart trembleth, and is moued out of his place.

2 Heare attentiuely the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.

3 Hee directeth it vnder the whole heauen, and his lightning vnto the ends of the earth.

4 After it a voyce roareth: he thundreth with the voice of his excellencie, and hee will not stay them when his voice is heard.

5 God thundereth maruellously with his voice: great things doth hee, which we cannot comprehend.

6 For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth: likewise to the small raine, and to the great raine of his strength.

7 He sealeth vp the hand of euery man; that all men may knowe his worke.

8 Then the beastes goe into dennes: and remaine in their places.

9 Out of the South commeth the whirlewinde: and cold out of the North.

10 By the breath of God, frost is giuen: and the breadth of the waters is straitned.

11 Also by watring he wearieth the thicke cloud: hee scattereth his bright cloud.

12 And it is turned round about by his counsels: that they may doe whatsoeuer hee commaundeth them vpon the face of the world in the earth.

13 He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy.

14 Hearken vnto this, O Iob: stand still, and consider the wondrous workes of God.

15 Doest thou knowe when God disposed them, and caused the light of his cloud to shine?

16 Doest thou know the ballancings of the clouds, the wondrous workes of him which is perfect in knowledge?

17 How thy garments are warme, when hee quieteth the earth by the South wind?

18 Hast thou with him spread out the skie, which is strong, and as a molten looking glasse?

19 Teach vs what we shall say vnto him; for we cannot order our speach by reason of darknes.

20 Shall it bee told him that I speake? if a man speake, surely he shalbe swallowed vp.

21 And nowe men see not the bright light which is in the clouds: but the wind passeth and cleanseth them.

22 Faire weather commeth out of the North: with God is terrible maiestie.

23 Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in iudgement, and in plenty of iustice: he will not afflict.

24 Men doe therefore feare him: he respecteth not any that are wise of heart.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:49 am
Job
Chapter 38

1 Then the Lord answered Iob out of the whirlewind, and sayd,

2 Who is this that darkneth counsell by words without knowledge?

3 Gird vp nowe thy loines like a man; for I will demaund of thee, and answere thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I layd the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast vnderstanding.

5 Who hath layd the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line vpon it?

6 Wherepuon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who layd the corner stone thereof?

7 When the morning starres sang together, and all the sonnes of God shouted for ioy.

8 Or who shut vp the sea with doores, when it brake foorth as if it had issued out of the wombe?

9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thicke darknesse a swadling band for it,

10 And brake vp for it my decreed place, and set barres and doores,

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and heere shall thy proud waues be stayed.

12 Hast thou commaunded the morning since thy daies? and caused the day-spring to know his place,

13 That it might take hold of the endes of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

14 It is turned as clay to the seale, and they stand as a garment.

15 And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arme shalbe broken.

16 Hast thou entred into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

17 Haue the gates of death bene opened vnto thee? or hast thou seene the doores of the shadow of death?

18 Hast thou perceiued the breadth of the earth? Declare if thou knowest it all.

19 Where is the way where light dwelleth? And as for darknesse, where is the place thereof?

20 That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the pathes to the house thereof.

21 Knowest thou it, because thou wast then borne? or because the number of thy daies is great?

22 Hast thou entred into the treasures of the snowe? or hast thou seene the treasures of the haile,

23 Which I haue reserued against the time of trouble, against the day of battaile and warre?

24 By what way is the light parted? which scattereth the East wind vpon the earth.

25 Who hath diuided a water-course for the ouerflowing of waters? or a way for the lightning of thunder,

26 To cause it to raine on the earth, where no man is: on the wildernesse wherein there is no man?

27 To satisfie the desolate and waste ground, and to cause the bud of the tender herbe to spring forth.

28 Hath the raine a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

29 Out of whose wombe came the yce? and the hoary frost of heauen, who hath gendred it?

30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deepe is frozen.

31 Canst thou bind the sweete influences of Pleiades? or loose the bands of Orion?

32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season, or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sonnes?

33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heauen? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

34 Canst thou lift vp thy voice to the cloudes, that abundance of waters may couer thee?

35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may goe, and say vnto thee, Here we are?

36 Who hath put wisedome in the inward parts? or who hath giuen vnderstanding to the heart?

37 Who can number the cloudes in wisedome? or who can stay the bottles of heauen,

38 When the dust groweeh into hardnesse, and the clods cleaue fast together?

39 Wilt thou hunt the pray for the lyon? or fill the appetite of the young lyons,

40 When they couch in their dennes, and abide in the couert to lie in waite?

41 Who prouideth for the rauen his foode? when his young ones cry vnto God, they wander for lacke of meate.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:38 pm
Job
Chapter 39

1 Knowest thou the time when the wild goates of the rocke bring forth? or canst thou marke when the hindes doe calue?

2 Canst thou number the moneths that they fulfill? or knowest thou the time when they bring forth?

3 They bowe themselues, they bring forth their young ones, they cast out their sorrowes.

4 Their yong ones are in good liking, they grow vp with corne: they go forth, and returne not vnto them.

5 Who hath sent out the wild asse free? or who hath looosed the bands of the wild asse?

6 Whose house I haue made the wildernesse, and the barren lande his dwellings.

7 He scorneth the multitude of the citie, neither regardeth he the crying of the driuer.

8 The range of the mountaines is his pasture, and hee searcheth after euery greene thing.

9 Will the Unicorne be willing to serue thee? or abide by thy cribbe?

10 Canst thou binde the Unicorne with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleyes after thee?

11 Wilt thou trust him because his strength is great? or wilt thou leaue thy labour to him?

12 Wilt thou beleeue him that hee will bring home thy seed? and gather it into thy barne?

13 Gauest thou the goodly wings vnto the peacocks, or wings and feathers vnto the Ostrich?

14 Which leaueth her egges in the earth, and warmeth them in dust,

15 And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, or that the wilde beast may breake them.

16 She is hardened against her yong ones, as though they were not hers: her labour is in vaine without feare.

17 Because God hath depriued her of wisedome, neither hath he imparted to her vnderstanding.

18 What time she lifteth vp her selfe on high, she scorneth the horse and his rider.

19 Hast thou giuen the horse strength? hast thou clothed his necke with thunder?

20 Canst thou make him afraid as a grashopper? the glory of his nostrils is terrible.

21 He paweth in the valley, and reioyceth in his strength: hee goeth on to meet the armed men.

22 He mocketh at feare, and is not affrighted: neither turneth he backe from the sword.

23 The quiuer ratleth against him, the glittering speare and the shield.

24 He swalloweth the ground with fiercenesse and rage: neither beleeueth he that it is the sound of the trumpet.

25 Hee saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha: and he smelleth the battaile afarre off, the thunder of the captaines, and the shouting.

26 Doeth the hawke flie by thy wisedome, and stretch her wings toward the South?

27 Doeth the Eagle mount vp at thy commaund? and make her nest on high?

28 She dwelleth and abideth on the rocke, vpon the cragge of the rocke, and the strong place.

29 From thence she seeketh the pray, and her eyes behold a farre off.

30 Her yong ones also suck vp blood: and where the slaine are, there is he.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm
Job
Chapter 40

1 Moreouer the Lord answered Iob, and said,

2 Shall hee that contendeth with the Almightie, instruct him? he that reproueth God, let him answere it.

3 � Then Iob answered the Lord, and said,

4 Behold, I am vile, what shall I answere thee? I wil lay my hand vpon my mouth.

5 Once haue I spoken, but I will not answere: yea twise, but I will proceed no further.

6 � Then answered the Lord vnto Iob out of the whirlewinde, and said:

7 Gird vp thy loynes now like a man: I will demaund of thee, and declare thou vnto me.

8 Wilt thou also disanul my iudgement? Wilt thou condemne mee, that thou mayest be righteous?

9 Hast thou an arme like God? or canst thou thunder with a voyce like him?

10 Decke thy selfe now with Maiestie, and excellencie, and aray thy selfe with glory, and beautie.

11 Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold euery one that is proud, and abase him.

12 Looke on euery one that is proud, and bring him low: and tread downe the wicked in their place.

13 Hide them in the dust together, and binde their faces in secret.

14 Then will I also confesse vnto thee, that thine owne right hand can saue thee.

15 � Beholde now Behemoth which I made with thee, hee eateth grasse as an oxe.

16 Loe now, his strength is in his loynes, and his force is in the nauell of his belly.

17 Hee moueth his taile like a Cedar: the sinewes of his stones are wrapt together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brasse: his bones are like barres of iron.

19 Hee is the chiefe of the wayes of God: he that made him, can make his sword to approach vnto him.

20 Surely the mountaines bring him foorth foode: where all the beasts of the field play.

21 He lieth vnder the shady trees in the couert of the reede, and fennes.

22 The shady trees couer him with their shaddow: the willowes of the brooke compasse him about.

23 Behold, he drinketh vp a riuer, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw vp Iordan into his mouth.

24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pearceth through snares.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:16 am
Job
Chapter 41

1 Canst thou draw out Leuiathan with an hooke? or his tongue with a corde which thou lettest downe?

2 Canst thou put an hooke into his nose? or bore his iawe through with a thorne?

3 Will he make many supplications vnto thee? will he speake soft words vnto thee?

4 Will he make a couenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a seruant for euer?

5 Wilt thou play with him as with a birde? wilt thou binde him for thy maydens?

6 Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

7 Canst thou fill his skinne with barbed irons? or his head with fishspeares?

8 Lay thine hand vpon him, remember the battell: doe no more.

9 Behold, the hope of him is in vaine: shall not one be cast downe euen at the sight of him?

10 None is so fierce that dare stirre him vp: who then is able to stand before me?

11 Who hath preuented me that I should repay him? whatsoeuer is vnder the whole heauen, is mine.

12 I will not conceale his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.

13 Who can discouer the face of his garment? or who can come to him, with his double bridle?

14 Who can open the doores of his face? his teeth are terrible round about.

15 His scales are his pride, shut vp together as with a close seale.

16 One is so neere to another, that no ayre can come betweene them.

17 They are ioyned one to another, they sticke together, that they cannot be sundred.

18 By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eye-liddes of the morning.

19 Out of his mouth goe burning lampes, and sparkes of fire leape out.

20 Out of his nostrels goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21 His breath kindleth coales, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

22 In his necke remaineth strength, and sorrowe is turned into ioy before him.

23 The flakes of his flesh are ioyned together: they are firme in themselues, they cannot be moued.

24 His heart is as firme as a stone, yea as hard as a peece of the nether mil-stone.

25 When he rayseth vp himselfe, the mightie are afraid: by reason of breakings they purifie themselues.

26 The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the speare, the dart, nor the habergeon.

27 He esteemeth iron as straw, and brasse as rotten wood.

28 The arrow cannot make him flee: sling-stones are turned with him into stubble.

29 Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a speare.

30 Sharpe stones are vnder him: he spreadeth sharpe pointed things vpon the mire.

31 He maketh the deepe to boyle like a pot: hee maketh the sea like a pot of oyntment.

32 Hee maketh a path to shine after him; one would thinke the deepe to bee hoarie.

33 Upon earth there is not his like: who is made without feare.

34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king ouer all the children of pride.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:24 am
Job
Chapter 42

1 Then Iob answered the Lord, and said,

2 I know that thou canst doe euery thing, and that no thought can bee withholden from thee.

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore haue I vttered that I vnderstood not, things too wonderfull for me, which I knew not.

4 Heare, I beseech thee, and I will speake: I will demand of thee, and declare thou vnto me.

5 I haue heard of thee by the hearing of the eare: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6 Wherefore I abhorre my selfe, and repent in dust and ashes.

7 � And it was so, that after the Lord had spoken these words vnto Iob, the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, & against thy two friends: for ye haue not spoken of mee the thing that is right, as my seruant Iob hath.

8 Therefore take vnto you now seuen bullocks, and seuen rammes, and goe to my seruant Iob, and offer vp for your selues a burnt offring, and my seruant Iob shal pray for you, for him wil I accept: lest I deale with you after your folly, in that ye haue not spoken of mee the thing which is right, like my seruant Iob.

9 So Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the Lord commanded them: the Lord also accepted Iob.

10 And the Lord turned the captiuitie of Iob, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gaue Iob twice as much as he had before.

11 Then came there vnto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had bin of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoned him, and comforted him ouer all the euill that the Lord had brought vpon him: euery man also gaue him a piece of money, and euery one an eare-ring of gold.

12 So the Lord blessed the latter end of Iob, more then his beginning: for he had fourteene thousand sheepe, and sixe thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand shee asses.

13 He had also seuen sonnes, and three daughters.

14 And he called the name of the first, Iemima, and the name of the second, Kezia, and the name of the third, Keren-happuch.

15 And in all the land were no women found so faire as the daughters of Iob: and their father gaue them inheritance among their brethren.

16 After this liued Iob an hundred and fourtie yeeres, and saw his sonnes, and his sonnes sonnes, euen foure generations.

17 So Iob died being old, and full of dayes.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:11 am
Psalms
Chapter 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsell of the vngodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornefull.

2 But his delight is in the Law of the Lord, and in his Law doeth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shalbe like a tree planted by the riuers of water, that bringeth foorth his fruit in his season, his leafe also shall not wither, and whatsoeuer he doeth, shall prosper.

4 The vngodly are not so: but are like the chaffe, which the winde driueth away.

5 Therefore the vngodly shall not stand in the iudgement, nor sinners in the Congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the vngodly shall perish.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:10 am
Psalms
Chapter 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vaine thing?

2 The Kings of the earth set themselues, and the rulers take counsell together, against the Lord, and against his Anoynted, saying,

3 Let vs breake their bandes asunder, and cast away their cords from vs.

4 Hee that sitteth in the heauens shal laugh: the Lord shall haue them in derision.

5 Then shall hee speake vnto them in his wrath, and vexe them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet haue I set my King vpon my holy hill of Sion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said vnto mee, Thou art my sonne, this day haue I begotten thee.

8 Aske of me, and I shall giue thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the vttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt breake them with a rod of iron, thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potters vessell.

10 Bee wise now therefore, O yee Kings: be instructed ye Iudges of the earth.

11 Serue the Lord with feare, and reioyce with trembling.

12 Kisse the Sonne lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little: Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games