Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:30 am
I am new. This is not my first post in the guild, but there's no use avoiding the dreaded introduction.

My name is Carol. I just turned 23 today! (yay!) biggrin I'm an Agnostic. I think. The line between Atheism and Agnosticim blurs a lot. Okay, so I'm Agnostic because there's no way to prove or disprove the existence of a creator. However, if there is a creator, I will not worship him/her. I believe in equaliity. There shall be no worshipping. The Atheist in me, who is very scientific, tells me that if a God exists, he's just another sentient life form living on a higher plane of existence. Again, no worshipping. Anyone who demands to be worshipped is an arrogant b*****d.

I believe in some sort of afterlife, although I acknowledge the fact that it could be just another bunch of bullshit. Again, no one can prove it exists (yet).

I am peace loving and I want everyone to have a big group hug and get along. So I do not like to bash religions. I respect others' beliefs if they respect mine. If not, then I bust some asses, 'cause it's just rude to attack my beliefs if I'm being perfectly polite to you.

I am liberal, as if I needed to state that.

My parents are Roman Catholic, and I was raised that way. They are good people, and they are understanding.

That is all.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:46 am
Hello everyone - My name is Scott - I am known as Shaded Spriter on gaia and most other places and I don't mind if you call me that.

I Live in Newcastle, England and I have been an atheist for less than 3 years. (I read an old blog entry couple of months back from 2004 about my believe in god.)

I believe I have always been anti-religious and not "into" the Organised religion, even when I was in Church of England primary School.  

Shaded Spriter

Laprasite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:14 pm
Hello everyone, I really suck at paragraph intros so I'll just make up my own little form thingy. =]

Name: Karyn (my real name), Kitten, etc.
Age/DOB: 16, born February 3rd, 1991.
Interests: Art, photography specifically. And reading. I love reading.
Total obsessions: SNAKES. I lovelovelove them. I want a corn snake so badly it hurts. xD Also, I'm very in-tune with my senses. I love things that smell good, feel nice, etc. Whenever I go to Wal-Mart or someplace that sells fabric and stuff, if it looks soft I HAVE to touch it. According to my friend that will get me into trouble some day... sweatdrop I also love orchids (a type of exotic flower for those of you who don't know) and due to what I previously mentioned, I always have to go over and touch the flowers when I see them.
Orientation: Bisexual. I hate saying bi in reference to myself because it feels like I'm saying it to be trendy. I tend to be either 50/50 or about 70/30. It swings. I always prefer guys when it's 70/30 though. But I will never stop liking boobs. xD
Reason for being Ath--er, Agnostic: I don't believe there is any possible way to prove or disprove the existence of god/a higher being. The only way I'd ever believe was if I saw something for myself, but even then I might still be skeptical because the human psyche is known for generating things to please its hunger for answers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:21 pm
Hello new people, welcome to the Guild! I hope you find this place enjoyable, and have fun discussing various things with everyone here!

Sanguvixen

banryuu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 am
Ello
I guess I will have to do the intro or I'll spend another almost four years fading into the back ground. I do it oh so well.

Name- ****** (rimes with banana) I dislike my name so I'd rather people not know. You can call me Banryuu, Ban, Rekka, or Medina... Miroku works too.
Age- 21; don't drink smoke and will NEVER do drugs.
I like drawing and anime. I collect japanese kimono... expencive hobbie... but I love each and every kimono from the cheap yukata to the 150year old Meiji Uchikake. I love antiques.

Religon... I belive in nothing but I don't not belive in something. I wouldn't clasify my self as anything. I was raised christian. Attended a United methodus church regularly for about eleven years till I relized a few things. 1) they are all a bunch of hypocrites. They go to church and say "I'm the best christian here." "I do bible studies!" "I voletire to help the needy to make myself look good." "I'm the best saprano in this darn choir." 2) Then they go home and beat the kids.
I was the kid on the reciveing end. I have no faith in the majority of bible thumpers. Christianity is the one religon that has always forced its belifes on its neighbors.
I belive that most people need religon to feel like they are worth something.
The whole afterlife thing... you'll find out when you die but won't it be to late to care?
Live your life the best you can today and you won't have to worry if there is no tomorrow.

=^-^=  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:18 am
Hello there. My name is Cynthia. I'm 17. I guess I've sort of always been an atheist, but didn't totally realize it until I was about 12. (Never put much thought into it before then.)  

CleverScreenname

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:05 pm
Hey!

My name is Lauren, and I'm turning 13 in 3 days!!! Woo! I'm an atheist who lives in the "Bible Belt", which is actually why I am an atheist. They're the reason that I'm atheist. They scare me. Well, anyways... If you want to be my friend, just PM me!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:29 pm
Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me into this guild. I'm Llamalicious16 or Meg.  

Llamalicious16

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:00 pm
Llamalicious16
Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me into this guild. I'm Llamalicious16 or Meg.

Hello Meg! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:06 pm
ninja Wow, we got a lot of new people poppin' up. Welcomz ya'll.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

freak0592

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 am
Hey everyone, how's it going?! Thanks for accepting me! I can't wait to talk with people who share my views and such!! (It's okay if you don't! Makes one good debate ^^)

Okay:

Name: My real name is Carly, so feel free to call me that...OR, FREAK! Ya know, I wont get offended if you say, "Hey Freak! Get over here!" ^^

Age: 14. Yes, I know, young...But I still have my views and opinions! Never to early to stand up for what you believe in!!!
DOB: 5-15-92

Music (Bands): Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Kamelot, Angra, Pagan's Mind, Vanishing Point, Dark Moor...AND LOTS MORE!
Music (instruments): Flute, bass guitar, baritone

Interests/Hobbies: MMA, horseback riding, birds (yes...birds), MY FRIENDS, music (see above^), SCIENCE (pathology, ornithology, forensics, genetics...I LOVE IT ALL!)

Why I am an Atheist: Ha, when I said that it reminded me of the book "Why I'm Not A Christian" by Bertrand Russell XD...OKAY! MOVING ON! I'll give you the short version: I believe that there is no POSSIBLE chance in a "higher being". It is completely and utterly illogical; thus, I feel it is stupid to believe and/or worship such a thing. I am a woman of science. Meaning, I feel that science can answer any question we have...in time. Worshiping something that "probabaly" does not exist, will not.
People always blame themselves for the bad that happens in this world...Well, I BLAME THEM TOO! If they took 5 freaking minutes to stop and think, they would see that if they took all the time they spent praying and put it towards something productive, they could solve all the major world issues:
Darfur: Solved. Cancer: Solved. Serial Killers: Stopped. ect... (see where I'm going with this?)

I did come from a family who is not very religious. I mean, my mom is Jewish, and my dad Catholic...and I...AM NOTHING! When I say "nothing" I mean I was never batmitzvahed, and never baptised or made my communion...So, when I announced my Atheism, they accepted it. In fact, they were very interested in my views...I love them all for that. (except for my super-Christian Grandma on my dad's side...she doesn't know -shhhh- She'd cut me from the family tree >< Which is fine with me! I don't like her any way!)

My view on "religious people": I think they are waisting their time, but I feel that they have the right to [peacefully] worship what they want. Of course, when they start publishing books about "Why evolution is illogical since we have no proof" and stuff...THEN, THEN I GET MAD! Coming from people who worship things that can't be seen...Yet, WE are the illogical ones...How sad ;~;

Now, people always ask me, "Well, you're just gonna burn in hell for believing this!! What about that?!" And I usually begin by telling them that "gonna" is not grammatically correct, especially when proving a point...Then move on to saying: There is no way God exists BUT, by some ODD chance he does, I will except my burning in Hell. But, until your "kingdom comes"...I'M NOT BUYING IT!

Okay! There you have it! Feel free to PM me! I love meeting new peeps! OVER AND OUT!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:09 am
freak0592

Interests/Hobbies: MMA,

If by that you mean mixed martial arts, a.k.a. UFC, we're gonna get along just fine. biggrin  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

freak0592

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:46 pm
Dathu
freak0592

Interests/Hobbies: MMA,

If by that you mean mixed martial arts, a.k.a. UFC, we're gonna get along just fine. biggrin

...You like MMA fighting?!?!? I....I think I love you!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:36 am
Hello everyone!

Name: Mina
DOB: June 5th 1990.
Favorite bands: Atreyu, Mudvayne, Tool/A Perfect Circle, and Rammstein.
Interests and Hobbies: Making AMVs, Death Note and Bleach, I dont read much lately but I love Philosophy, Psychology, Science (Astronomy and Physics), I love doodling (I carry around my sketch book where ever I go)

Im asian, Laotian/Thai. I thought I would share that to you all.

Reason for being an Atheist: I've been an Atheist for 4 years now. People spend too much time try getting into the 2nd life and they forget the lives they are living now. I dont believe in a superior divine being. Im more of a logical person.

Minaberries

[fi]ona

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:39 pm
hello my name is Fiona. I've been questioning god and realized it just doesn't make sense...  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games