Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Library of Fandom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 pm
((...It occurs to me that Allen should either be stuck on the first floor, since the front desk, where it is, is no longer the front desk. Just, like... pointing out that now it's just a desk.))

Allen grinned slowly, the loose-lipped grin that had shown through the veils of dust at the fall of ISA and again when the General appeared. He twisted, taking advantage of his close proximity to Otherbody--he HAD just whispered in the other man's ear, after all. During the motion, several things happened: he slipped his right arm free of the chains and snapped it out to grab the bland man's wrist and pull, drawing Otherbody towards him as he caught the links that had bound his right arm in his left hand. When mortal eyes adjusted to the sudden motion and its inhuman speed, Allen had Otherbody in front of him, the chains he'd caught in his left and those that still bound him were now wrapped around them both, though only Otherbody was encircled by the arms of a Destroyer.
Allen Aharden wasn't stupid. Otherbody could manipulate the Library at will, so he didn't bind him with just Library parts. He gazed calmly at the blast with the utter unflappability that came with knowing no fear at all...
...and with having some insurance smoldering in his right hand.

Other chains pulled tight, too, but they were pulling from a different direction. He did have his orders.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:54 pm
Leeshay chuckled as he watched the fight continue, he gazed up for a moment at the agents surrounding the upper parts of the building.

"Sitting up there so complacent as others fight for their lives...." he said dispassionately, "Are you not amused?!" he through his hands wide open and black bolts leapt from his fingers, striking a number of agents in the chest and turning them instantly into undead monsters.

Leeshay, burst out laughing as the monsters turned on their comrades, and chaos overtook the agents. "Because I most certainly am."

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:24 pm
Leeshay's chuckling was soon drowned out by the chuckling coming from the prone Otherbody. The once unassuming looking man shook with repressed laughter as his form lengthened and changed. In the place where Allen had bound mousy-looking man with forgettable features, now stood a tall man with flowing black hair that stood out at sharply angular points, resembling a surging half-frozen river of shadows, dangerous and elegant. The man was much taller now, having stretched from average height to head and shoulders above the tall man who held him bound by the chains of fate. His face, which had been unassuming and bland enough to incite mocking, now twisted in a cruel grin along thin lips and somewhat pointed teeth, the teeth of a carnivore rather than a human. The nose above these lips jutted out in a sharp point, the kind of nose that tempts one to drop a loaf of bread upon it, just to see if it is sliced by the edge. The eyes, though, were what stole attention away from these other features. They were full and expressive, glinting with a gleeful malice, large emeralds full of half-hidden blood and carnage, a monster hidden behind greened glass. They were rimmed in black, enough to suggest eyeliner, though none was present. under a high forehead and widow's peak, the man's sharp eyebrows tilted slightly, as if to indicate slight surprise. The man flexed his fingers at his sides, almost in wonderment.
"So these chains are the manifestation of such strong law. A pity that I answer to no law, not even ones such as these."
The man's form grew hazy as mist and drifted slightly, as if blown in the wind before rematerializing beside the Destroyer. His long arm rose from his side and grasped bound essence of destruction by the side of his head.
"What a pity."
A blast of light erupted from the hand, knocking the shorter Destroyer across the room.
"You are not the one I am waiting here for."

~~~

The hubbub in the galleries above quieted quickly as the agents unaffected by the Lich King's trickery rapidly enclosed those affected in barriers, before watching them dissipate. Fresh agents materialized in their places, taking up their roles.
Otherbody's voice floated over to Leeshay now, filled with far more vigor than it had held until now.
"It will be interesting to analyze them and figure out your undead. All that negative energy will be a handy power to possess."

~~~

And then, all noise on the second floor ceased as the sounds of the two main doors banging against the side of the building echoed upwards. They had obviously been thrown open by someone in a very bad mood, and judging by the sound, someone strong enough to throw solid twenty foot tall doors around.
Otherbody’s grin widened.
“That’ll be him then, gents. Let’s get ready to give him a big welcome.”
The agents at their instruments readied themselves, and the piano started off soft and slow, playing the instrumental prelude to the first song of this fateful finale.

Afos N. Sem had arrived.

The players were ready and the curtain would close soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:37 pm
Dressed in a large black robe hidding his face and other pirate wear, Lee came in through the shadows, hiding and waiting for the time to strike. He and Zetsumei communicated telepathically while he was in the shadows. 'I hope we get some back up in this, otherwise we'll have to call the police.'
'But if that happens, then we'll have to find another way to get the rest of the money for the Center.' Zetsumei had come in as well, also in a black robe, however his was a little too long for him and he had to pull it up higher and it covered his head completely, and being his first time he had to hold onto Lee once he was next to him in the shadows, also due to the lack of sight.
'I know Zetsu, I know.'

SuperNerdyNate

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Arq Kujos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:28 pm
Neros had made his way into the first floor of the library, because no help had arrived. He was trying to hide when the musicians started playing again. Then he saw the doors get flung open by Afros himself. "Damn, there he is. I don't like the looks of this."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:48 pm
"You do know, chap, that any data you will get from my charges is, of course corrupted" said Leeshay, wiping a non existent tear from his eye.

Leeshay tossed his walking stick high into the air, catching its by its spined shaft. "I hope you're aware of what your getting into, you can't really know what its like to die until you do." Leeshay's voice suddenly doubled and the same chanting from earlier came back.

This time, it finished, and all the pigment and most of the light seemed to suddenly fade from the area. "I'll let you have a taste, however." For those present at the moment, movement would be incredibly hard as inertia solidified the air.

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:51 pm
"And then the molasses turned to rum, and there was much merriment, eh?"
Otherbody grinned as the inertia around him lessened as well as around the agents of the Organization. His wide mouth twisting in a shape more horrifying than even the gaping maw of the Lich King, a smile full of malice and challenge, the tall man stepped into the center of the room and raised his arms.
“And what fool hopes for perfect data on the first try? Are you growing senile, Lichy?”
The long arms of Anthony Otherbody swung towards the seated musicians.
“Anyways, let’s get this party started, gents.”
The piano quickened as Otherbody tapped his foot, still dragging along its opening instrumental.

~~~

Afos N. Sem strode through the open doorway purposefully. His entire body bent in grim purpose. His long strides carried him quickly across the first floor of the library, his hair streaming out behind him, losing color as he moved, until his hair was stark white once more before he had made it to the stairs. Power seemed to crackle off of him in large bursts, concentrated for now in a determination that seemed strong enough to break physical matter on its own. The three pirates hiding on the first floor would have felt the invisible brush of fingertips across their bodies. Fingertips that felt like they were searching, that felt like they knew everything that was hidden and like their hiding places hid them from no one. There are many ways to see without eyes. The end of Afos Sem’s blindfold rippled in the slight breeze his passage created as he made his way to the stairs. His neck craned around, giving the impression of glancing at the hidden pirates before he continued on with that same driving purpose. His long legs carried him quickly up the stairs to the second floor where he stepped into a room readied for his arrival.
“Otherbody.”

~~~

((http://youtube.com/watch?v=TAeARlKC9w0 @ about 8:00, the part with Ben Vereen, as a song reference))
Anthony Otherbody’s grin lit up at the sight of Afos. His arms fell to his side gracefully as he lifted his head and began to sing to the tall man with the flowing white hair and blindfold.
“Think about the sun, Afos.
Think about her golden glance.
How she lights the world up
Well, now it's your chance.
With the guardian of splendor
Inviting you to dance,
Afos,
Think about the sun.

Think about your life, Afos.
Days are tame and nights the same.
Now think about the beauty
In one perfect flame.
And the angels of the morning
Are calling out your name.
Afos.
Think about the
Sun.

Think about your life, Afos
Think about the dreams you planned
Think about the moment
That's so close at hand
When the power and the glory
Are there at your command
Afos
Think about your life

Think about the sun, Afos
Think about her golden glance
How she lights the world up
Well, now it's your chance
With the guardian of splendor
Inviting you to dance
Afos
Think about the sun

Think about your life, Afos
Think about the dreams you planned
Think about the moment
That's so close at hand

Afos, think about your life

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly.”

Otherbody’s hand reached out in a gesture that seemed to mock Afos, who stepped forward himself, and cleared his throat to sing.

“I'm not a river or a giant bird
That soars to the sea
And if I'm never tied to anything
I'll never be free

I wanted magic shows and miracles
Mirages to touch
I wanted such a little thing from life
I wanted so much
I never came close, my love
We never came near
It never was there
I think it was here

They showed me crimson, gold and lavender
A shining parade
But there's no color I can have on earth
That won't finally fade
When I wanted worlds to paint
And costumes to wear
I think it was here
'Cause it never was there

I wanted magic shows and miracles
Mirages to touch
I wanted such a little thing from life
I wanted so much.”  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:06 pm
Lee couldn't help but chuckle. He did indeed feel the fingertips upon his body. He threw off his robe and followed Afos up to the room. However he stopped at the door Afos had entered.
Zetsumei cast off his robe with a little more difficulty then Lee. He stumbled a bit and fell over. "Freaking robe." He said to himself and got back to his feet, bolting after Lee and accidentally running into him.
Lee caught Zetsu as he starred at the door. "Think we can enter?" He asked, more to himself than Zetsumei.
"One way to find out." He opened the door and started in.
Lee stopped him and walked in first. "Hello there Afos."

SuperNerdyNate

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:05 pm
Allen grinned, extracting himself from the books and wood that had gathered around him on impact with the wall. The weight Leesshay had cast into the air was only a minor hindrance, one Allen could ignore. The chains that bound him in the time between chores weighed infinitely heavier on his limbs than any magic of death he could not feel.
His hand still held an orb of power that slowly increased in size. It would have to be released, having been begun. The only question was... When?
Only to Allen, it was not a question. It was an art.
He lifted his right hand, the Hand of Annihilation, and leveled it at Otherbody's back.
Ansem had not, after all, told him not to strike.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:10 am
Leeshay yawned at the singing, humming to himself a tune instead. He drew out a strand of the inertia and threaded it through a bone needle plucked from somewhere on his person. The needle then burst into shards which float into the air as a nest of snakes waiting to strike.

He planned to have his fun with this one, weather or not the man new it.

Lance hurried up the stairs after A.N. Sem pushing the hunters out of his way. The obviously meant business, a belt of flash grenades, a rifle in one arm, and his pistol in the other hand.

He looked at the men he forced his way through, "I suggest you get out of here now. And don't talk to the men outside."

Meanwhile, outside blared the sirens of incoming police cars. They swarmed from out of the wood work towards the building and the officers waisted no time setting up a perimeter. In a mater of minuets special forces were already making their way into the building.  

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

SuperNerdyNate

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:39 am
((Wait... was he talking to Lee and Zetsumei or what?))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:44 am
((I wish I knew where Shroud was...))  

Blight_of_Luca

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:17 pm
((They would be the only other people there, so yes, one would assume he meant the hapless pirates. On another note, before I have time to type up another post, I'd like to inform said pirates that Otherbody is not a member of the library, so any doors with his name on them would not be in the library.))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:29 pm
((Well there would be another bunny here, not sure where he is though...
Ohh... so it's just a normal door and then the "Otherbody" thing was separate completely?? That makes more sense then.))  

SuperNerdyNate

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games