Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:47 pm
Onoj
I know exactly what you are talking about too we just have to make it work though because our rules prohibit the use of conductors other than lead players. Do you guys have to memorize your solos for contest?

Haha, well, the only contest we're in is Kiwanis, which allows conductors, so hah xd

And no, we do not have to memorize our solos.

Whenever I tend to have one in band or whatnot I do end up memorizing it though, since it makes it a lot less nerve-wracking. I can just stand up there (when I've had jazz solos, at least, I have to stand, not with concert band though) and play without worrying about the notes on the page. Great fun. I tend to end up memorizing just because I'm forced to play it all the time by my conductor xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:43 pm
Lol. Yeah I do that too with Jazz solos. Do you even have contests like I am talking about though? Like where you go in a room and perform, for a judge, your solo (ours must be memorised) or ensemble and recieve a rating?  

Onoj

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:55 pm
Yes, we do have competitions and such we were perform for an adjudicator (or in some cases multiple adjudicators) and recieve a rating. I could sign up to do solo stuff, but I'm too lazy to practice on my own time xd I have tons of other stuff to do.

We never have to memorize it, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:40 am
Zurgi
Yes, we do have competitions and such we were perform for an adjudicator (or in some cases multiple adjudicators) and recieve a rating. I could sign up to do solo stuff, but I'm too lazy to practice on my own time xd I have tons of other stuff to do.

We never have to memorize it, though.

Ahh. That sucks because that is the best part!  

Onoj

nosila5956

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:22 pm
Everyone here are obviously book readers, so here's a series you might want to pick up. The Wars of Light and Shadow by Janny Wurts. A warning though, the series isn't finished (Which I found out not too long ago. I wanna know how it ends!! >.
Damn! I did it again. Every time I try to make a suggestion I sound like I'm selling something and I don't know why...

(silly side note: I typed this yesterday, but the taco database had gone up in flames @_@)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:30 pm
Hey everyone. Today at work, a really famous proffesional football player was shopping at my store. I sold him shoes and a jacket. Another employee told me "hey! That's Gizmo Williams! He's a great football player for the Eskimos!" I had no idea who he was since I don't watch football. I went up to him and said "Hey! you're Gizmo Williams! BIG fan man it's an honour. Can I have your autograph?" and he said yes and gave it to me and then left. I walked away thinking "I have no idea who you are but I got your autograph!" Apprently, everyone I know is jealous since they wanted it and I ended up giving it to my dad who happens to be a HUGE CFL fan. xp  

SYFFER

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:35 pm
Nice, SYFFER! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:42 pm
Glorfirith Annun
Nice, SYFFER! xd

I would have to agree. That is pretty crazy!  

Serni

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:52 pm
Everybody was offering me cash for it and I was like hell no I'm giving it to my Dad 3nodding . So hows everyone doing? The guild died down just a bit but I think we can pump some life back. Does anyone happen to have some electric shockers? xp  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:39 am
SYFFER
Everybody was offering me cash for it and I was like hell no I'm giving it to my Dad 3nodding . So hows everyone doing? The guild died down just a bit but I think we can pump some life back. Does anyone happen to have some electric shockers? xp

The guild died because we got a stern talking to about off-topicness, and everyone demanded more on-topic posts. Then right after that even the people demanding on-topicness have made no new topics nor have they hardly replied to the new posts made. (With the exception of Falathrim wink )  

Onoj

Miaka_MoonBlossom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:10 pm
Mae govannen!

Thought I'd finally haul my a** over here. What a wicked guild, guys. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:43 pm
YAY It's Miaka! *throws M shaped confetti*  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Edhellos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:15 pm
Onoj
Then right after that even the people demanding on-topicness have made no new topics nor have they hardly replied to the new posts made. (With the exception of Falathrim wink )

What the...? neutral Are you blind or what? I don't even recall you posting in my thread.

EDIT: one of you mods might want to fix the link to the rules in the front page of the guild. It is a broken link now that Gaia changed the URLs for stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:39 pm
Zurgi
I accepted Ryuke into the guild seeing as he has read Hobbit, Silmarillion, UT, LOTR. So if you see him around, that's why.

The way I see it, waiting for other mods to confirm when I know you will is just pointless o.O So if I see anyone who has at least read LOTR and their application is literate, I'll accept them.

If anyone has a beef with this, let me know and I won't do it.

The lack of necessity of every mod confirming a new entrant was one of the reasons I said we had too many mods, and yet I was nonetheless was told that we did it the other way for a reason.

rolleyes

Hello, Miaka. Welcome to the guild.  

Falathrim

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:44 pm
Yeah, well, I agree with you then. I'm seeing the pointlessness of it now.

Welcome to the guild, Miaka.

edhellos: Only Menegil can change the front page, so that's something he needs to do when he gets online.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games