Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm
Oh I hate loads of things on Gaia nowadays, the whole site went downwards once they discovered they could make loads of money out of it (about 2-3 years ago).

Then came the towns and games and profiles and new layouts and loads of other crap.

*shakes head*

Still love some parts of Gaia though, like this dear guild and the wonderful people in here <3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm
Well, some of those things are actually pretty fun. Except, I miss the old Gaia layout. I'm an 06'er, and I though Gaia was much easier to navigate and more straightforward back then.

Anyways, I like this guild too.  

welian

Crew

Mou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:43 pm
... it's funny how some people call the last layout the old layout xD

I automatically think of the crappy one with no fancy stuff back from 03 :3 Now that one was really bad, but oh so adorable! I miss you rock puppy and fluffy pink layout *tear* And the old towns, with the pretty maps and arrow navigation (not the towns you can walk around in nowadays)! I wonder where that one went, it completely disappeared after the last layout change.

I remember Jack jumping around in towns giving out candy and the christmas tree you could donate to. Ah...

I actually don't think any of the new features are too much fun... Zomg is alright, but if I want to play a game I play some game, I don't log on Gaia.

Oh! But the art has gotten much better~

Unfortunately art commission prices are ridiculous nowadays...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:43 pm
Gaia was most fun around 04 to 05 in terms of navigation.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:28 pm
I remember the avatar spotlight on the front page and the anime website links... and when having a kimono/yukata AND fox tail/ears was the ultimate goal of everybody I knew.

I wish they'd stop doing cash-only shops. It pisses me off. I don't mind the idea of cash, and even the evolving items are fine - I like lots of those. But the Aquarium being a free feature and the shop being cash-only? GRRR. And now I see hints of the zOMG store being cash-only? ARGH. There have got to be other ways to make money from this site if they really need to.

End rant. Choir rehearsal again tonight. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:44 pm
If We knew enough artists and programmers, we'd be able to make something similar to old school gaia that hopefully wouldnt totally suck.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:45 pm
But eventually those artists and programmers would want to be paid for their troubles.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:48 pm
Copyrights, trademarks, etc.  

Gale OverDrive

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:49 pm
Which is why there is donation with reward features. and a bank robbery.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:33 pm
If I were to construct a McCaffery-esque Environmentalist vs Government vs Business sci-fi/fantasy roleplay, I wonder who would be interested?  

welian

Crew

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 pm
...Would therebe a chance of things exploding..?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 pm
There would be a very slim chance of things NOT exploding. Actually, it'd be based on my rangers, so you'd see Ozzy in there.  

welian

Crew

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:07 pm
...You've got my complete attention now, Neo.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:05 pm
I only come here and one other guild regularly anymore. Most of gaia can just byte me. evil  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:09 pm
That's pretty much me too, Magni. I lurk elsewhere sometimes, and I do play with my aquarium because it gives me things now on a daily basis that I can sell for thousands of gold. :3 Generally, I dabble with the rest of the site. Here and the Literate Roleplay Guild are where my friends and the vast majority of my activites are.

Oh man, I haven't read the Powers That Be trilogy in, oh goodness knows how long. Are those the McCaffrey books you're referring to, Neo?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games