Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuke Dragon

Dangerous Trader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:07 pm
Falathrim
Zurgi
I accepted Ryuke into the guild seeing as he has read Hobbit, Silmarillion, UT, LOTR. So if you see him around, that's why.

The way I see it, waiting for other mods to confirm when I know you will is just pointless o.O So if I see anyone who has at least read LOTR and their application is literate, I'll accept them.

If anyone has a beef with this, let me know and I won't do it.

The lack of necessity of every mod confirming a new entrant was one of the reasons I said we had too many mods, and yet I was nonetheless was told that we did it the other way for a reason.

rolleyes

Hello, Miaka. Welcome to the guild.

Well, not that I really had to, but I might as well not set a trend for rule-breaking. Plus it was a more diplomatic thing to do.
Hail, all.

Edit: And really, how can you say you know anything about Middle-Earth if you've not read the Silmarillion?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:54 pm
Ryuke

Edit: And really, how can you say you know anything about Middle-Earth if you've not read the Silmarillion?

Indeed!  

Onoj

Miaka_MoonBlossom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:01 pm
Thanks for the welcomes. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:36 pm
Ryuke
Well, not that I really had to, but I might as well not set a trend for rule-breaking. Plus it was a more diplomatic thing to do.
Hail, all.

See, if you hadn't applied, it would have been like "since when has Ryuke been in the guild..." and you would have gotten us all confused and distrustful. Maybe.

Or, it could have been "hey, it's Ryuke. Cool."

We'll never know ninja  

Zurgi

Ryuke Dragon

Dangerous Trader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:10 pm
Zurgi
Ryuke
Hail, all.

See, if you hadn't applied, it would have been like "since when has Ryuke been in the guild..." and you would have gotten us all confused and distrustful. Maybe.

Or, it could have been "hey, it's Ryuke. Cool."

We'll never know ninja

"Which one of you saw his application?"
"Does he actually know anything about LotR, or is he just being a dickwad?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:14 pm
Oh, and plus, this way I don't have to search for the guild everytime I want to post something completely off topic.  

Ryuke Dragon

Dangerous Trader

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:32 pm
Ryuke
Falathrim
Zurgi
I accepted Ryuke into the guild seeing as he has read Hobbit, Silmarillion, UT, LOTR. So if you see him around, that's why.

The way I see it, waiting for other mods to confirm when I know you will is just pointless o.O So if I see anyone who has at least read LOTR and their application is literate, I'll accept them.

If anyone has a beef with this, let me know and I won't do it.

The lack of necessity of every mod confirming a new entrant was one of the reasons I said we had too many mods, and yet I was nonetheless was told that we did it the other way for a reason.

rolleyes

Hello, Miaka. Welcome to the guild.

Hail, all.

You'd be amazed at the number of people in this guild who haven't read the Sil. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Well, I see that a couple are undertaking that journey right now, what with the read-along thread and whatnot.  

Ryuke Dragon

Dangerous Trader

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:03 pm
Ryuke
Well, I see that a couple are undertaking that journey right now, what with the read-along thread and whatnot.

The only people taking part in that dead project were people who had already read it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:15 pm
Hey I see there's a bunch of new people 3nodding Welcome. Don't let my avvie misguide you, I'm twice as evil as he looks evil  

SYFFER

Ryuke Dragon

Dangerous Trader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:14 am
Falathrim
Ryuke

The only people taking part in that dead project were people who had already read it.
Heh, aren't you just a bundle of joy wink
Was a good book, and I'd read it again if I hadn't lost my 3 copies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:28 am
SYFFER
Hey I see there's a bunch of new people 3nodding Welcome. Don't let my avvie misguide you, I'm twice as evil as he looks evil

Heh...*takes mental note* Alright, got it!

And I'm re-reading the Sil....I'm sire I'll have a few comments....  

Miaka_MoonBlossom

Melian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:40 am
Mmm, new people.
domokun

I did my Sil reading. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:18 am
Welcome to the guild, Miaka and Ryuke.

You lost 3 copies of the Sil, Ryuke? How'd you manage that? XD  

Nimbrethil

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:17 pm
edhellos
Onoj
Then right after that even the people demanding on-topicness have made no new topics nor have they hardly replied to the new posts made. (With the exception of Falathrim wink )

What the...? neutral Are you blind or what? I don't even recall you posting in my thread.

EDIT: one of you mods might want to fix the link to the rules in the front page of the guild. It is a broken link now that Gaia changed the URLs for stuff.
Will do.

I have been seriously meditating over this. Falathrim said that we had too many mods, and asked me to revoke his crew status. I did what he asked, and since then, I've been seriously thinking about the mod policy in the guild.

What do you think? Should we shorten the amount of mods? Or should we maintain the numbers as they are?

OMG Miaka is here! So many months after my invitation, she finally decides to come inside!! You are most welcome.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games