Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:22 pm
May the gods have mercy on us all.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:26 pm
Whoops, sorry. He's only President-Elect.  

welian

Crew

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:28 pm
Same difference, really. Bush is now a 'lame duck' . . . he is still president, but nobody cares about what he does any longer.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:30 pm
Nobody's cared about what Bush has done for months.

Also, I refuse to discuss politics online. The mask of teh intarwebz makes people mean and stupid far too often, which makes attempting a rational discussion a nerve-wracking and mostly unsatisfying experience. I'll keep my opinions on Obama to myself. *shrug*

Please note: This is not to say I think you all will instantly become mean and stupid, which you are not, but it's a principle thing. You know.  

Cobalt

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:52 pm
As a frequenter of the chan boards, I know all too well what you mean, Cobalt.

As for the election, and the new president-elect, let's just say that I am both concerned, and made prophetic. I do not approve, and knew he would be made the next 'leader'.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:04 am
I bet the first thing he does is to break every promise he's made during his campaign.

Oh happy days...  

Zou

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:27 am
Most politicians have a tendency to do that. I'm not gonna lie, I voted for him because as a conscientious objector, I didn't have much of a choice. McCain's pledge to stay in Iraq no matter what runs directly counter to my overall beliefs in humanity. I'm a pacifist. It wouldn't have worked out well (not to mention that under McCain I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to have a draft). Also I'm very concerned about the environment (and planning on maybe being an environmental studies major! Squeeee! ) and McCain's energy and environmental plan are much too...nonactive. Also I'm a strong supporter of gay rights, so basically I'm really liberal and didn't have much of a choice (also since I'm pro-choice...). Hehehehe sweatdrop But I'm rather disillusioned with politics in general and I by no means expect that he'll randomly bring all the change that he says he will. I'm not nearly that naive. But I am hopeful.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:14 pm
Yay for environmental studies! Go for it! I love the sustainability courses I have and plan on taking my master in environmental studies and sustainable development <3

Too bad the current bad economy situation means I won't have a job once I graduate, but ohwells. I don't care much about money anyways, I wouldn't have chosen biology if I did.  

Mou

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:00 pm
Point: While I do oppose troops in Iraq, I'm also aware that it is rather unrealistic to just pull out completely.Yes, there is the U.N. peacekeepers still there but America and England have a responsibility to keep some troops there of their own to act as mediators or at least train the Iraqi security forces and provide some half decent equipment. Though that could also backfire if a dnagerous group rises to power.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:35 pm
*nods to both Mou and Skreemer*
Yeah Mou, one of my life goals is to be as close to sustainable as possible (which will be really difficult but should be worth it!)

My thing is that I can't morally condone violence regardless of the situation (which I know is getting into debatable ground but wtf. it's on the table).

*huggles everyone* Night all!

Electric Kool-Aid

Tou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:31 am
Well my goal isn't exactly to live sustainably, more to educate people and especially companies how to save and protect the environment.

You do realize that if you personally want to live sustainably you would have to give up everything from meat to living in a house with electricity. I'm sorry but I just can't give up my computer D:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:23 am
Acturally you can live sustainably with electricity. The problem is the numbers of humanity are too large for the earth to cope with.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Heretical-Cubes

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:52 am
Hi! My name's Ravyn~ (Or you could call me one of my many nicknames, like Panda, Saria, or Indira, or any other little nickname you come up with.)

I've been roleplaying since I was either 10 or 11, so about 3 or 4 years now. I especially like fantasy roleplays - my favorites out of what I've rp'ed were either Warriors roleplays or Harvest Moon roleplays, although the Harvest Moon one I liked is mixed with a bunch of other stuff too. I also tend to like playing characters with medieval weapons like swords and such - there's a lot of cool stuff you can do with a sword, if you're skilled enough. 3nodding

I like... muffins. Anybody else like muffins? I like muffins.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 am
That's quite a young age to start RPing . . . Welcome to RPR.  

Gale OverDrive

Mou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 am
Welcome Ravyn <3

Yes you can live sustainably with electricity if the energy source is renewable. The problem is that many of our electrical appliances aren't sustainable.

Overpopulation is a big problem, but right now it's the tiny western, rich part of our population that is causing the most damage. The fact that we then just dump our bad appliances and innovations on the developing countries only makes everything worse.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games