Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onoj

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:52 am
Yeah I found a way last night by messing with a few options how to make Firefox load pages ALOT faster. I have dial-up and after changing the options in firefox it loads pages faster than my school's broadband connection. ^_^

Oh yeah and look at this post I found on Gamefaqs.com.

I AM U
Okay my frend who's an Lord of the Rings nerd talked about this strong bad guy named "Morgot". And then he talked about how "Melker" was stronger than him. I had no idea who these people are, but I think that the LotR experts on this board (seeing as how some of you know everything about Lord of the Rings) might enlighten me.

So...if Morgot and Melker and Sauron were in a battle, who would win?

BTW is "Morgot" the name of the Balrog, because Gandalf calls him the "Balrog of Morgot"?

Quite amusing, I thought.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:27 pm
Onoj
Yeah I found a way last night by messing with a few options how to make Firefox load pages ALOT faster. I have dial-up and after changing the options in firefox it loads pages faster than my school's broadband connection. ^_^

Oh yeah and look at this post I found on Gamefaqs.com.

I AM U
Okay my frend who's an Lord of the Rings nerd talked about this strong bad guy named "Morgot". And then he talked about how "Melker" was stronger than him. I had no idea who these people are, but I think that the LotR experts on this board (seeing as how some of you know everything about Lord of the Rings) might enlighten me.

So...if Morgot and Melker and Sauron were in a battle, who would win?

BTW is "Morgot" the name of the Balrog, because Gandalf calls him the "Balrog of Morgot"?

Quite amusing, I thought.

That is most amusing. Some people... sweatdrop  

Serni

Zurgi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:32 pm
Haha, I hope you posted and straightened him out, Onoj wink

Firefox rocks ^__^ I was tweaking my Firefox that I have on my school account, and getting more extensions and changing the theme and stuff xD

But I've used Firefox since it came out...and I used regular Mozilla before then 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:39 pm
On firefox how do you set it so that when typing in a URL it doesn't autocomplete it and bring down previous websites you have visited. (Like if I were typing in www.g it would bring up www.gaiaonline.com, www.google.com and so on and so forth?) I know how to take it off on IE but no firefox.  

Onoj

Zurgi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:23 pm
Well, I have it set to not remember anything in my history so that's how I avoid that xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:47 pm
Zurgi
Well, I have it set to not remember anything in my history so that's how I avoid that xd

See I have mine set that way as well so it doesn't remember anything....yet it still does it. sweatdrop  

Onoj

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:02 am
Oh my God xp either his so called Tolkien nerd is misinformed or he just heard the wrong explaination.

Firefox is great but like every other program, it has flaws. You still need a good pop-up blocker, anti-virus, and spyware deleting program. I use Yahoo pop-up blocker, Norton's anti-virus, and Ad-aware SE. You can use some more protection but those three is basically all you need. I find the google search area in the window quite usefull 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:32 am
Onoj
Zurgi

See I have mine set that way as well so it doesn't remember anything....yet it still does it. sweatdrop

Really? I just set my History to remember pages from the past "0" days and it fixed it o.O  

Zurgi

Imyavie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:59 pm
...Holy cheeseballs! 34 posts ago, I passed 5000 posts! O_O  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:03 pm
All I did to Firefox was change the theme. XP

And OMFG, Zurgi! I saw the picture that I drew for you in your rando-sig without refreshing and looking for it.

And Onoj, that person makes me laugh. Also the person he/she was talking about.

Also! The only way to watch LotR is in an IMAX theatre. It wasn't the greatest ever, but people dressed up and one of them had elf ears. And I laughed. I went today, and saw all three movies (the first two were EEs) with only half an hour between each. But we had to leave before the last one finished to catch the GO train. ):

Ah well. Fun.

Edit: Happy 34 posts past 5000, imy!  

curumo

Onoj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:30 pm
I went and saw Sin City tonight. Didn't care for it much. It had some awesome parts, but overall it was pretty dull and very overdone.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:49 am
Onoj
I went and saw Sin City tonight. Didn't care for it much. It had some awesome parts, but overall it was pretty dull and very overdone.

Was it just like the comic, though?  

Ryuke Dragon

Dangerous Trader

Onoj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:20 am
Ryuke
Onoj

Was it just like the comic, though?

It was very similar to the comic. The only problem is that they used dialogue right from the Graphic Novels and used it for the film, and it was very dry. Nothing wrong with that though right? Well even while reading a comic you can get emotion out of the words while you are reading it and as the actors read their lines from the novels they had no emotion, so it totally killed how amazing the dialogue was.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:24 am
I heard that Sin City pissed off many feminists...  

Imyavie

Ryuke Dragon

Dangerous Trader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:06 am
imyavie
I heard that Sin City pissed off many feminists...

Can't make an omlette without breaking a couple of eggs. Of course this movie is going to piss off a bunch of people, if it didn't it really wouldn't be staying true to the comic.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games