Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 370 371 372 373 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Excited to play Hogwarts Legacy whenever we all get it here as my nephew picked it up but idk what kind he got, so either by the 7th if he got the deluxe edition pre-order or by the 10th for the others.

All the same it's going to be fun seeing how we all are Slytherins in this household for my year older nephew is one, I'm as shared am one, & our elder friend living here too with us too Nathan is also apparently a Slytherin after sorting on Wizarding world.

And sadly cause we're all different people with different play ideas all I can say for just being me & knowing how I'll be is my run, is it's going to be an anti-hero game for I will cast the imperius & cruciatus curse at most of the three unforgiveable curses on all of the evil wizards, witches, and creatures hunting us all in my wizarding world linked account game.

As for my clothing in game idk what I'll wear depending on if my nephew got the deluxe or not, for I do like that dark wizard/witch attire, but I also like the House Fantic robe you get from linking your wizarding world account to the game. Not to mention you also get a sweet beaked bone mask linking the account to the game for one accessory item to wear.

Knowing myself though in games normally I may be playing my anti-hero wizard and sporting an attire that screams dark lord, for in the Fable series of games I like to wear the clothing items everyone finds somewhat (if not 100%) evil most of the time.

examples if you know the game series and the attires if not will say name and leave a () for the game title you can look them up and see what I'm talking about: Chasm outfit (Fable 2), Hooded Dark Guild outfit (Fable Anniversary), Pick to wear Jack of Blades Mask (Fable, Fable TLC, & Fable Anniversary.), Bandit outfit (Fable, Fable TLC, Fable Anniversary, & Fable 2.), & it's not an outfit really but is part of the things you can wear at will like clothing in the game, plus idk if people in the game see them as evil or not tbh The Scythe Tattoo set (Fable 3)

The Major differences though is in the Fable series I go full on evil in the games for a fun time, in Hogwarts Legacy I'm go off the true me idea at first, then I may do an evil me run, unless people in the game are total jerks to me 99% of the time then I may go evil in my being me run of the game for being honest IRL if I could cast the unforgiveable curses on some that hurt me I would have on a lot of them & I know I'd be considered a dark wizard for it yet I'm also all "meh if they deserved it I'm the hero of my own tale." (Lots of teachers in High School would have been crucio'd with only two of the many that may have got Avada Kedavra'd. I'm an interesting sort of person for I don't want to go fully dark but if shoved I will release the dark venom of myself upon those whom caused it. Like a real Snake would.)

Being more honest * just chatty as heck atm for idk why, I also mostly only do Evil runs in the Fable series for these reasons listed; Fable, Fable TLC, Fable Anniversary: Don't like getting crowded by in a store when trying to leave it the night cycle hits and now I'm fined for trespassing when I tried to exit before that occurred & now I'm just mad cause everyone hates me even though they are the reason I even broke the dang law!, Fable: The evil sword is oddly stronger in this game compared to in the lost chapters or Anniversary ones that is the same game basically so I kind of being a d**k kill my older sister in the game with the blade and keep the dark sword (plus being honest it's a cool looking blade & I wish the sword kept that random power in all the first hero fable series games.), Fable 2: People when upset at you will kick your dog & I don't take kindly to that stuff irl so of course in a video game I go extreme mode of "heroic" justice, mixed a little again crowding and closing times in the store issue, and lastly they give an easy evil jobs system I like to abuse for some quick small gold (mostly cause I use gold to buy property in game and now make much more.), Fable 3: I like to abuse the system of morality in this game by causing mayhem as the prince/hero but then at the end keep all my promises I made then becoming the good king, or I just do that but then I also go slaying all the people in Albion & now Aurora cause I just like the evil weapon's look when you morph your hero weapons with the guild chest in the road to rule. (I honestly in Fable 3 make a lot of heroes and play them all differently to see what I'll get for weapon morphs on my hero weapons.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:27 am
Wolf McNugget
Queen Spazzy
Wolf McNugget
Ye. I still chat with Lorelei, and my main gaia social is a discord server I'm in. Lots of cool people. Lol

I'm not brave enough to go hunting for a Gaia discord, I've heard most of the publicly discoverable ones are weird and toxic, and half the others are clique-y. Sounds like you've found a good one, though!
I only half use one server in Discord, really, and it's a friend's server. Don't think I have the spoons to really interact in any other server unless I know at least some of the people.
I know it. I left two or three discord cause of that. But the one I'm in is nice, and very friendly. And one big thing, is there are SO MANY items/collabs from this group! I currently am in about... 4 or 5 collab?

Wow, sounds like you really hit the motherlode with this one, haha~
That's a lot, sounds like it must be a really active place.
I think I'd be hard pressed to keep up with that much, so props to you for being able to do so!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:16 pm
Tobi Kaito

Pretty much all of my irl friends/acquaintances now are friends or acquaintances of my beau.
Which makes sense when I consider that I really only leave my apartment to go to the library. The librarians know me well.
And anyone that would be a backstabber definitely deserves the quotation marks around "friend."
Sounds like you'll be busy with the new Hogwarts game! I know a LOT of people are excited for it, hopefully it lives up to the hype.
I've no intention to play it, I stopped supporting all the wizarding world since I learned the author held a lot of... gross views. (I also can't really justify paying so much for something I'm not sure I'd even enjoy.) No shade on anyone that IS playing, though, I mean, I can't really condemn anyone for living out their magic dreams in a virtual world!
(After all, I have my eyes on a cute magic life sim that's currently in development, and I've no doubt I will sink MANY hours into it once it finally hits full release.)
I always wind up playing the good side in games, I'm too much of a bleeding heart, I can never bring myself to do anything TOO bad, even if it's just a game.
Like, I accidentally stole something once in Fable 2 because I couldn't figure out how to purchase it or put it down, and I was upset for the rest of the day because of it. =w=;

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:15 pm
Queen Spazzy
Wolf McNugget
Queen Spazzy
Wolf McNugget
Ye. I still chat with Lorelei, and my main gaia social is a discord server I'm in. Lots of cool people. Lol

I'm not brave enough to go hunting for a Gaia discord, I've heard most of the publicly discoverable ones are weird and toxic, and half the others are clique-y. Sounds like you've found a good one, though!
I only half use one server in Discord, really, and it's a friend's server. Don't think I have the spoons to really interact in any other server unless I know at least some of the people.
I know it. I left two or three discord cause of that. But the one I'm in is nice, and very friendly. And one big thing, is there are SO MANY items/collabs from this group! I currently am in about... 4 or 5 collab?

Wow, sounds like you really hit the motherlode with this one, haha~
That's a lot, sounds like it must be a really active place.
I think I'd be hard pressed to keep up with that much, so props to you for being able to do so!
it gets confusing. Lol
But lots of pokemon items, and neat things!  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:48 am
Queen Spazzy
Tobi Kaito

Pretty much all of my irl friends/acquaintances now are friends or acquaintances of my beau.
Which makes sense when I consider that I really only leave my apartment to go to the library. The librarians know me well.
And anyone that would be a backstabber definitely deserves the quotation marks around "friend."
Sounds like you'll be busy with the new Hogwarts game! I know a LOT of people are excited for it, hopefully it lives up to the hype.
I've no intention to play it, I stopped supporting all the wizarding world since I learned the author held a lot of... gross views. (I also can't really justify paying so much for something I'm not sure I'd even enjoy.) No shade on anyone that IS playing, though, I mean, I can't really condemn anyone for living out their magic dreams in a virtual world!
(After all, I have my eyes on a cute magic life sim that's currently in development, and I've no doubt I will sink MANY hours into it once it finally hits full release.)
I always wind up playing the good side in games, I'm too much of a bleeding heart, I can never bring myself to do anything TOO bad, even if it's just a game.
Like, I accidentally stole something once in Fable 2 because I couldn't figure out how to purchase it or put it down, and I was upset for the rest of the day because of it. =w=;

When it comes to Rowling & the wizarding world case, the author is being a git on views lately and it upsets me let alone all of us, but I'm trying not to let it destroy all of the things I liked before all the gross views of the author came around.

As for how I play evil characters in video games more a part of me feels the only reason that I can so easily is because of the fact I had a lot of rough IRL moments I just got all "it's all a game I can do as I wish & apparently it's this." or it may be cause influences of elders of mine whom played villain characters in games a lot idk which one of those two it is really that caused me to do so if it's not just both happened.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:59 pm
Tobi Kaito
When it comes to Rowling & the wizarding world case, the author is being a git on views lately and it upsets me let alone all of us, but I'm trying not to let it destroy all of the things I liked before all the gross views of the author came around.

As for how I play evil characters in video games more a part of me feels the only reason that I can so easily is because of the fact I had a lot of rough IRL moments I just got all "it's all a game I can do as I wish & apparently it's this." or it may be cause influences of elders of mine whom played villain characters in games a lot idk which one of those two it is really that caused me to do so if it's not just both happened.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the world she made and the characters, I just don't intend to actually give her any money.
Unofficial stuff that profits her not at all? I'm in! Secondhand goods where my money isn't going to her? A-okay. I'm also perfectly willing to create my own goods; sold a Ravenclaw house scarf to someone recently, actually, and I kind of love how it turned out. If it hadn't been such a pain to make and I weren't already swimming in scarf options, I might make one for myself with the leftover yarn.
Unlike some people I've seen and heard about 'round the 'net, I'm not about to go setting fire to all the HP books I collected as a kid, and I'm going to continue to love the old Gameboy Color game they made for the first book (best HP game in existence imo, I was so sad when the battery in my game cartridge died and I couldn't save it anymore; good thing emulators exist!), and I won't be starting any fights with anyone that still loves and supports the wizarding world. Like, it's valid, and hating the creator but loving the creation is a thing I wish more people were able to do.

I'm just a giant cream puff and get stressed out over stupid things in games ("Oh no, I said the wrong thing, does this character hate me now?" ), so I have to watch other people play the evil route.
Thankfully my beau doesn't have the same problems I do, so I can just watch him play stuff. He is very much "It's just a game and I can do whatever I want" and likes to use evil playthroughs to blow off steam.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:31 am
Queen Spazzy

Honestly I don't understand the few whom are doing all that, I mean I do for the whole gross views of Rowling, but I also really don't get why they'd all want to go destroy their old books, movies/DvDs, & merch just cause it gave her royalties ages ago in the past before all the gross views of Rowling came around even.

As for Hogwarts Legacy I feel it's going to be a lot of people's last thing they'll be buying that Rowling is going to get some royalties for ever, even if she says she had nothing to do with the game & wants nothing, all because the world is itself they're going to have to hand her at least 10% from all the profit if not more just cause the wizarding world was made by her originally so anything slapping too much things Hogwarts/Harry Potter it gives her something of money made.
My honest hope is if they have to give her some cash (for idk if she can, and even if in reality she will deny taking payments for the games that sold that she will actually earn nothing.) that it's not way too much that it hurts the game company's earnings for however many sold given everything.
As honestly I don't see them selling nearly as much as they hoped to given Rowling's gross views, but also as a wizarding world fan still I do know we're a bunch that will still love the world even if we're going to avoid giving her more earnings if we can help it.

Cause in my case due to my family life I handed all my old HP books to my father when he was in the senior caretaking home so he could listen to them as we visited and read to him, and once he passed away the place he was in just went and instead of asking any of us if we wanted them back either sold all his old things if they couldn't hand them off onto other people down there. (And I wasn't going to go be that guy whom went looking for his old HP books demanding to take them back to his home for they are originally his if they were still around, specially concerning most the people there never got to see their family members ever again for life is just sometimes that horrible.)

Back to our choices in video games talk (and a more cheery bit of talk after dropping that last parentheses.) I feel we all got those moments we just can't do the evil option in a video game at all for we all have too much of a good heart to do it.
And depending on the evil choice in some games I feel we may have our moments we don't want to see it ever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:30 am
Tobi Kaito

I don't get it either, because it's not like it hurts Rowling in any way. I guess some people can't cope without destroying things or something?
She can decline to take royalties from things using her IP! The author of the Witcher novels did that with the Witcher games, I think. (Something about him thinking they wouldn't be able to turn out a good or profitable game.)
However, since her work is also licensed out to big companies, those companies can still seek their percentage of the profits, I believe? Depends on how close to, like, movie likenesses and stuff they get, I'd wager. (But, yeah, it is also a question of whether she actually keeps to what she says, and if the game turns out profitable enough, well... Greed is quite the motivator for going back on one's word.)
I DO hope it's profitable for the company, even though I'm not interested! Especially since Avalanche was involved, they're a decent company.

Oof, that's, geez, kind of insensitive of the place to not even bother asking if the family wanted anything. But at least someone is likely to still be enjoying them, I suppose; there are worse fates for books.
(I couldn't have been that person, either, asking someone to give up something that might be giving them joy, I'd feel like such an a**.)
I lost my original copies of the novels when my parents split, but got lucky and had a friend who helped me reacquire all of them secondhand. I probably cherish this batch more even though they're rather battered because she went to all the trouble of finding them and then shipping them to me.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:43 pm
Queen Spazzy

I have to admit I'm glad the people down there got some good books to bring them joy and it's honestly better to know they went to others over then they got tossed away in the trash. (Even if I wish the place asked first more then done so in an instant.)
As for re-getting the HP books I'm hoping to get them in a condition I can read them all at least again if I can find a place that has them all around for purchase here, but tbh my other thought was grabbing the custom designed for your Hogwarts house covers set if I went to settle for buying actually brand new copies. (cause they look so lovely & I been eying them since I lost my old set back in 2019.)

Speaking slightly about the lost of my father I think I had but I'm not 100% sure if I did or not now, that I shared my Patronus ages ago but looking back that was taken before my dad passed away, so now a little bit of me wishes I could retake the Patronus quiz on WW to see if I get a Dachshund or Chihuahua (dogs that my father had, and so I tie them to him.) Patronus if I took the quiz today.
(if they even are a thing you can have in the quiz on there.)

And oh boy greed, the worse enemy of all us honest for many fall victim to it be it irl or in video games. (though obviously one is safer then the other.)
The sad thing with greed is greed is a horrible thing for it can happen randomly to anyone unsuspecting to become greedy, or even to a person you like one day for you found a grand person to be around for they share things with you, hang out with you, laugh with you, and so on.
But later once they got & get lots of money suddenly they've got this I'm better than thou attitude, start to ditch you for other people to their standards now, and destroy all the good they once were. (I seen/dealt with greed ruining people in my past a lot, and it honestly worries me for whenever I get wealthier in life if I'll change for the worse, since most I seen/dealt with been my own family members turning.)

Hopefully Rowling if she is to do something good after her gross views, actually keeps word and doesn't take money for the sells of HL, because then Rowling would be just all gross, with views and now greed of couldn't even keep her word she wouldn't do something.
(And we can all guess how the world would be in an uproar if she didn't keep word about not taking money from HL copies sold if we got word about it.)
{For my case I'd be more, "oh cool I felt like she would do this shiz, but hey look on upside people complaining she wont be getting much more soon cause of reasons will she?" and move on with my life.}

Long run of all things all I can say is we really do live in a crazy sometimes really messed up kind of world.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:02 am

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:03 am
Tobi Kaito

I like old, battered books. They have a certain charm for me. And my beau loves them for the smell. Plus used books are FAR more affordable than new, and I will gladly choose the option that lets me acquire the greater volume of reading material. >>;

Greed is certainly quite the enemy. People can get so weird once they "have" and you "have not." I've got family that's been like that, too, and just, ugh, I don't get it. I literally can't imagine myself being like that if I somehow managed to move up in the money world.

Hopefully Rowling sticks to her word. But I won't really be surprised if she doesn't. That would be extremely bad press for her, though, so maybe that'll be enough motivation not to to be a t**t? I can hope, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:20 am

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:49 am

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:10 pm
Queen Spazzy

Honestly I also prefer older books for the same reasons they're affordable & you can get loads of them, plus I like the smell of old parchment as well. Plus on a side note I grew up with a lot of them in my home and school so I'm not off put by old books.

In honest my whole Slytherin house covered books was just a if I can't find any older ones around our area in good reading conditions I would grab them for they did catch my eye mainly for A.) my house, B.) artwork based off the house, so I wonder what can they look like?
(But in honest I can literally use any search engine to see that, and just pray when I go search again I can find all the HP books.)

Greed is what caused a lot of family issues in my life; which is what led to why I & my age generation of family members only know about (my case only.) my older half siblings, and their families, and their families' families, cause greed made all of my known family members older than me all avoid the others.
{Course there is other stuff for that too but greed did cause some distancing too, and I only seen it occur with aunts and uncles we avoided in my time for those were in my far past.}

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:54 am
Tobi Kaito

I read FAR too much and too fast to even consider paying cover price for more than a book or two in a year. But paying a dollar for four novels at the local charity shop? I can afford that.
If you're willing to extend your hunt, just slowly collecting the whole set one or two books at a time might be easier than finding a full set in a single place. Unless you have a big shop like a Half Price Books nearby; if I still lived near one, Half Price would probably be my starting point if I wanted to find all of them at once. House illustrated covers WOULD be really cool, though.

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 370 371 372 373 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games