Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:06 am

New role play! Wheeeeee!

3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:43 am
New Pants! wEEE!  

ManagerKyoto

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:23 am
Whoa this thread grew~

Ah Duckman, that reminds me how Tana used to wear the duck hat back then. One rarely sees anyone wear that hat anymore. It used to be legendary back in -03 when there were very few expensive items and such. Back then the fairy wings were also extremely popular... now people are selling them back to the store because the overseer hands them out so willingly. *sighs*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:51 am
I remember those days (as my first account got hacked and stole from me), Gaia was a much simpler place. None of these crazy evolving items or MMOs.  

ManagerKyoto

Pandali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 am
Yeah, those were the days. Everybody cared more about guilds and forums than gold and items back then....and it was actually a challenge to get 40k. Making a great avatar was also a lot harder, before the dawn of tektek....

Not that I dislike tektek, or some of the other new things, but sometimes I think it would be nice to go back to simple gaia.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:50 am
I rarely use tektek for my avartar construction. I prefer the old trial and error method.

I remember back when I start on gaia, how hard it was for me to just save any amount of gold and I seemed to just be on a quest for the Wooden Bat for ages.

In light of this walk down memory lane, I am going to recreate my original avartar.  

ManagerKyoto

The Rogue Doll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:59 am
I always wish that I knew, but I just don't know, ya' know? Or maybe you do not since I certainly don't. I hope I typed this all proper, I tried very hard.

It's the morning, and I am so exhausted and a WEE bit intoxicated. I also think that Gaia is more complicated than it needs to be, but they built it up that way to make themselves money, it is a business after all.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:14 am
True and most of us that are older that the "average age" user have spent a bit too much money on them. But considering the momeries I have made, the people I have met and the skills I have improved because of this site, it does not bother me.  

ManagerKyoto

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:43 am
Ahhh . . . dating ourselves. I joined Gaia when all you got was 435 gold and peasant clothes. The world I joined was so much simpler- better! Now it is overhyped and overdone. When MTV gets a shop, I know it is gone. When merchandise starts showing up in Wal-Mart, all hope is gone. That is why I stay here in the guilds, in the Refuge.

So many good memories in this place, I don't want to let the rest of Gaia bring me down. I no longer even have the voluminous gold I did at one time. These evolving items are far too expensive and I just can't keep up. They are now what guilds and donation items were once . . . and I was never much for keeping up with the next guy. Still, a few items will forever be out of my reach- like that devil's tail.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 am
Or the Angelic Scarf and Ports. I have a buddy that even after being on Gaia for almost as long as I have is still questing for Ports.

And I agree with you Magni, anything outside of Guilds for posting is essentially pointless. Although, two of other people I got to know the best from Gaia I met outside of guilds, so in that sense it was ok. But these days, all most posting is done in guilds (mainly this one). I just wish I was still a member of my old Star Wars guild so that I could go back and read over all the saved story lines and just remember the good times.  

ManagerKyoto

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:20 am
I know the feeling. Several places I have had good times and they just evaporated. One was a Guild-wide RP and I was really into it, but the owner discovered WoW . . . and never came back. Now there is another that exists, but is all but dead that Rogue Doll and I want to force back into life.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:22 am
*gluggles all the reminiscers* I concur. I especially miss the peasant clothing. And I miss the map mode of navigation.

Electric Kool-Aid

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:23 am
i would prefer that they go back to peasant cloths to start out. Let them work for their stuff like the oldbies did. evil  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:25 am
I miss the days when forum roleplaying wasnt so hectic. Time was, you could write an rp in ten minutes, pop it out and you'd have a fun little gang of roleplayers. Sigh. Ah well. I may join Manager's rp.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

ManagerKyoto

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:30 am
Or the days when you could randomly post something in the chatterbox that actually got a serious discusion going.

Or making a bar thread and having a seriously fun time "serving drinking while bar fighting." That was how I met the infamous name in my sig, miss QOD.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games