Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:58 am
Well think about it, you were around and participated in the original War of Emperium and you come in one day after ages and saw this, you'd be pretty pissed off. It'd be like going to a halloween party and someones there dressed as your dead best friend.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:03 am
That's Gale's work, I think. Just give the rp a new title.

It'd be hard to restrict times based on page amounts- usually time slows when people have conversations, and then time speeds up with a single post as skips are made. XD

What I would advise is to maybe maintain a 'timekeeping' thread (one that only certain ppl are allowed to post in), that either in game or OOC suggests that the next day has begun/ended. Individual actions in all of the threads can then be wrapped up and they can move on. I know in space rps, this was done with a 'news broadcast' that could let ppl know what was going on.

I don't think you would have to limit how often people move between threads- having a 1-2 post minimum in a transisition thread seems to be helpful, and anyone who moved would have to make sure that if their arrival in another thread would be earlier/later than the current action, they would have to mark that in their post somewhere. That way any action currently there wouldn't be messed up. Maybe just some OOC 'goto' comments that state where their thread of action previously was (via links maybe?) so that way if you read through the story later things may make sense. XD  

Panpear

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:12 am
That would work too. But we'd probably need to spend about a month or so working to build this. Guess it can go hand in hand with "Jerusalem". Or to give it a more appropriate name, "Gotham".  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:44 pm

So what're we talking about?

:3

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:07 pm
I've no idea, Icarii. *gluffs* 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:12 pm

-besmickles-

Oh, well, that's all right. :3

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:28 pm

I never thought I'd say this but...

Males are dominating in my role play. There's only one girl and five boys. Isn't it usually the other way around?

O_O;

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:40 pm
I have always found that there will usually be more male characters in roleplays.

And we were discussing a "World Roleplay." The kind where each thread is a different location and such.

In the whole time keeping stream, a global date sounds as though it could be quite useful. I just trying to think how to apply it to day to day posting so it might work.  

ManagerKyoto

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:28 pm
Does anyone here remember Chaos Supreme? That was the first RP I joined here. It died, but it was so fun!

Truthfully, I think I killed it with my n00bishness.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:15 pm
I think we all, at one time or another, have killed a roleplay with n00bishness.  

ManagerKyoto

Panpear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:05 pm
I remember! *cheers*

I think it was more that sometimes, if roleplays go for awhile without ppl really posting... they think it's dead, instead of just slow.

And I probably killed it by trying to induce some sort of crazy plot. That's what I get for trying to plan... XD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:02 am
I have nothing to say. 3nodding  

The Rogue Doll

ManagerKyoto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:07 am
I have lots of things I could say.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:19 am
I say many things, most that I shouldn't and a lot of the things I don't say I really probably should.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:04 am
I say we start creating the world. I have a rough idea for a creation story for it and I think we should write an early tale of it and release it as an rp in the main forums to try and smooth out the rough edges before building a full forum. Though I do have a free guild with quite a few subforums avalible if needed.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games