Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Panpear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:36 am
If it's going to be a full forum rp, I'd design it as such from the start. I think this guild also has another extra subforum that could take an rp.

I'd probably find one or two people to work with for this, probably in a few weeks (I don't know about you all, but school is killing me right now crying ).

I like that rp without the females in it- perhaps I'll make a char when I'm less busy. And usually I've found in this guild that the character gender ratio is usually equal or more weighted towards females. Usually. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:54 pm
ManagerKyoto
I think we all, at one time or another, have killed a roleplay with n00bishness.

I killed my own RP once with noobishness. If you remember that god-awful Outlaw Star RP I created when I first joined the Refuge under this account, you could tell I had never created one before.

That's probably one of the main reasons that I can't seem to get motivated to complete that R.O.D. RP; I fear that it will fail.

Also, I missed Doll and EKA!! crying  

Trowa The Fearless

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:43 pm
Maybe. I'm ready to start work on general stuff like the origins of the civilisations and dynamics of the world. I can see an argument developing over things like genders of leaders and things..... maybe we should have a seperate thread for this.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:31 pm
By the way, yes, War of Emperium is a RO-based roleplay GOD started, oh, maybe a year and a half ago or so. I was in it, and I'd be sad to see it overwritten. But perhaps if you'd like to use the forum one of the mods will move the actual threads to the Archives.  

Cobalt

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 pm
We'll see. If we can get it off the ground then we'll use whats offered.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:44 pm
Sorry, to bring up a might-be problem but . . . if we make a war-roleplay, where there are different civilizations, how can we lock threads for one civilization, so that other people can't see plans and stuff?  

Lingenberry

Panpear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:00 pm
Tell the other side to be good and not look?

Or if they do look, not to bring that knowledge to their character. ^^;;;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:02 pm
Well, to be blunt, we cant. We need to rely on faith systems. Though an all out, complete war isnt necessary. I saw it more as being the civilisations themselves at peace, just rogue agitators and manipulators.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:22 pm
It's be pretty wild if we had a Gaia-wide roleplay..... Which is sorta what happened during Halloween. I loved being a zombie.

But back to the issue at hand. Why would make the storyline of this Rp special?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 pm
Well, I cant speak for everyone on this, but my general story line is that a great King in a kingdom in the sky created four children one day who were sent to the earth to lead the people of the four corners of the earth. They were created from the best traits of the men of the land and would each unite the land they fell to. They'd all have different abilities depending on where they landed. Say, for example the child who landed in the north would be a muscular wildman found in the forest, living amongst giant wolves, while the one who landed in the west would be a seafarer who leads these island people. Rough ideas, I know, but I just made this stuff up in daydreams at college.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:39 pm
The place where the best ideas are born.....

EDIT: Reminds me of Jyu-Oh Sei  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:42 pm
*spins in circles, noms on pasta, and studies Japanese*
I have a test tonight xP  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:56 pm
You study Japanese?
I study German.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:12 pm
I remember that Outlaw Star roleplay, Trowa. It would have worked, had we more than three people. 3: I don't know, it just doesn't seem to be a well-known series or something and perhaps that's what sets people off.

I'd do it again. ;3

Edit: I hate it when "spelling Nazis" try to correct someone using a misspelled word. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Tanakietsu

ManagerKyoto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:29 pm
@ Skeemer: If you'd like, we could easily make a thread in the OOC subforum to discuss it further. Also, if you want to have an idea of how I organised things for my old Guild based Rps- have a look at my old guild called "Star Wars: The boredom strikes a fist again."

@ DTT and Neo: I wish I could speak both languages. They are awesome, in my opinion.

@ Tana: I know, it just sounds wrong.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games