Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:03 pm
*gluggles Sui and Mou*

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/479331/dragonball-evolution/videos/dragonball_int_trlrc_121108.html
I'm not sure whether to cry about how awful it might be or whether to be ecstatic about how awesome it might be.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:09 pm
eek Sui . . . . I missed Sui?!?!?!?!

evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:11 pm
Oh... my... com... I don't know weather to be elated or cower in fear....  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm
*watches the video* ho- what a pile of crap. I will avoid the 'dragonball' movie at all costs if this is half as bad as I see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r1WasN5JFQ this is far superior you tube fare.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Lost_Realms

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:26 pm
....thy're making a DBZ movie? I'm worried... most of time these types of things just don't work out...-.-;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:42 pm
Disclaimer: My best friend was obsessed with the show for more than a decade, so I have more knowledge on topic than I have any right to, and I find myself with opinions that I am quite sure are programmed responses. That being said:

I think, just based on preview, the main character is WAY to calm and serious sounding to be Goku. The Japanese version (a slightly less/more annoying version) pictures him as quite loud and rather annoying since the voice actor (a female, Masako Nozawa) who played him as a child was allowed to play him through adulthood as well.

I think that when a movie is made, at least one person should be doing it for artistic reasons, but it seems to me that this movie is being made for 100% money reasons.

I can only extend my pity to Akira Toriyama, who NEVER wanted to be and action writer, who's heart was and always will be in comedy (violent comedy, I will admit).

It was greed that made Dragon Ball Z turn from being an ok anime into the thing that so many loathe. It's repetitious nature and how the characters are constantly passing THE MOST POWERFUL STATE EVER is what caused many people to hate it. Toriyama realized that it was getting to this point during the cell saga and that's why he killed Goku and brought in the Teen Gohan section. You may notice that this part returned to a very similar feel as the Dragon Ball series. Well, in Japan, Gokuu was everyone's favorite character (in America, Vegeta is far more popular) and the fans screamed in outrage, sales went down. The bosses who were in charge of everything made Toriyama bring Gokuu back. For money, which they were afraid of losing.

So, after that long and pointless rant, I must agree with that old African proverb, as exemplified by Geoffry Chaucer in the Pardoner's tale: Avarice is the root of all evil.  

The Rogue Doll

Ze Cheshire Cat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:53 pm
Well, as long as its not like the twilight movie, it may be passable.
It would be hard to beat the twilight movie.
Might be worse than the Batman movie with poison ivy and mr freeze.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:14 pm
Hey now. I actually liked the Batman movie with Poison Ivy and Freeze. Ok, actually I like the bike race scene. That's about all I can remember, but I really liked it.

*sigh* I guess it's just my repressed desire to own a Harley coming through. I want to BE a badass biker chick.  

The Rogue Doll

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:01 pm
It does seem to be a warped (modern, western, etc...) retelling, and itwill probably suck.

At least the Speed Racer movie did the original justice (at least in my eyes).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:53 pm
No! Chow Yun Fat! DON'T DO IT! crying I always liked him....

I want to go watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon now so that my mind is cleansed.

My impression of Dragonball anime consists of a bunch of muscle-bulging men grunting and grimacing at each other with lots of flashing lights and lightning. And explosions.  

Cobalt

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:56 pm
That Dragonball movie is something I intend to watch, but only to poke fun at how horrible it is. MST3K style, if I can swing it. The trick will be finding some smartass robots... Or robot stand-ins.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:07 am
I have been crying tears of pure sadness over there being a DBZ movie, but my tears became worse when I discovered they are making a G.I.Joe movie! Snake Eyes looks alright from the waist up- he is wearing SNEAKERS! What kind of ninja would wear sneaker! And if that was not enough, all the joes just look the same!

And then my tears bacome worse! They are making a Terminator 4! And despite how much I enjoy watching Chrisitan Bale on the big screen, I think he has made a mistake with this one.  

ManagerKyoto

Tou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:38 am
Oh dear god, so many horrible movies these days. Good thing they are easy to avoid seeing xD

I on the other hand actually saw a good movie today, I watched 'Schindler's list' by Spielberg and almost bawled my eyes out (yeah mood swings or something, don't usually act like that). Yesterday I watched 'The Queen', which was decent... but not exactly my favorite. I wonder what the queen (the real one) thought of that movie as I feel it didn't exactly portray her as everyone would expect.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:18 am
I'm Baaaccckkkk~!
And sick!
But it was worth it!

For those of you who watch the news 'n stuff in the morning, I was on TV with the weather guy... wearing my OMG hat. I think is was the whole 'good morning america' show. We went there first thing when we got into NYC, and then we went on our whirlwind tour that included seeing Wicked and the Rockettes. It was cold, and I got sick, but I loved the trip!  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:17 am
That's awesome, Goosey! biggrin  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games