Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 370 371 372 373 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:40 am
Tobi Kaito

Heh, you've saved me some research time, because I probably would have looked it up on Wikipedia or something eventually.
Maybe I'll munch a couple flowers, just to see how they taste...
Interesting that they have so many medicinal uses, though!
I just think they're pretty and like to make the flowers "roar." >>; My mum and I used to grow them in outdoor flowers beds, so I also have fond memories associated with them. We never started them from seed, though, we always bought pallets of already flowering plants, so this is new ground for me.

You've made me want to make a "dead flower" cake, I think it'd be a fun idea to try, haha~
Wonder if I could use ground flower petals to color icing, hmm... Suppose it would depend on how strong of a taste the petals impart, like rose flavoring is risky because it can end up tasting like perfume.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:55 pm
Queen Spazzy

Honest if I didn't look it up then I would have searched on my own time any way some point as I was curious and shared it then.
I also got plenty of flowers I enjoy from my childhood mostly due to my dad though cause of my past case with my mother, but thankfully for I'd never known otherwise if he never told me, they were flowers my mother loved which were chamomiles, alstroemerias (which I always mistaken for lilies until a more flower knowledge older sibling of mine shared the real name.), lilacs, hibiscus, roses, and also snapdragons.

Ans that sounds fun going to make a dead flower cake, but aye you would need to be careful cause of flower flavorings could over power it sometimes.
If possible, if it's not eaten before then I would love to see a picture of what you made when you finish making it; And it doesn't even have to be a purely intact picture for honestly I just now want to see how it looks, or looked if you share the picture of how it looked before it was all eaten. xd

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:53 am
Tobi Kaito

I do that all the time, get bothered by some random question about something and then I have to go look it up.
Then once I go down the Wikipedia rabbit hole, it takes forever to resurface because then I find things in the original article that I want to look up, and it just goes further down from there...
I've never grown hibiscus, but I LOVE teas with hibiscus in them, and candied hibiscus flowers are delicious.
We grew a LOT of roses when I was a kid, my mom loved to grow rosebushes. her Lincoln rose would always have to be trimmed back at least once every summer; it once grew as tall as the roof of our home. It was a monster, but Lincolns make lovely, large, fragrant blooms.
I used to have a potted rose, the tag that came with it called it a "mini rose" and it came in a little teapot, but there was nothing mini about that rose. I called her Audrey because she grew so large and so fast, we were convinced she must go out at night to eat the local kids or something. I didn't think it was a great idea to bring her with me when I moved, though, so now she lives with my in-laws.
In snapdragon news, mine have begun to sprout~ They came up overnight, so I had a pleasant surprise this morning when I checked on all of my plants. Looks like I may have actually inherited my mother's green thumb, after all.

Unfortunately, the cake has to wait at least until I have blooms to dry from marigolds and/or snapdragons. I'll also have to get more flour, and maybe something for replacing eggs...
I haven't made a cake in AGES, I usually go with muffins/muffin bread or cookies because they bake up fast and keep better. (They're also less finicky when you're baking gluten free and vegan.) But if/when I get around to my dead flower cake, I will DEFINITELY take pictures of it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:47 am

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:54 am

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:25 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:29 am

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:51 am
I am alive!

But to be fair I seemed dead for a long time for my life's been distracting me with stuff like my kitten growing up and only getting cuter, plus video games as we finally got back our Nintendo switch's family account for the classic consoles games collections.

So I've been away distracted by LoZ: The Minish cap & more games. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:06 am
Tobi Kaito

Kittens are always an acceptable and excusable distraction. Full grown cats, too.
(Both of mine are in my room with me right now; one is staring at me from under my desk, and the other is under a small table, sitting on top of some of my things.)
I haven't re-upped my online sub for my Switch since I cancelled the auto renew a few months back. I was only using it to play Super Metroid, and since I found a working cartridge of that and have my SNES hooked up to my TV, it seemed a little silly to waste the money on it...
We'll have to do a month of expansion sub for my beau at some point for the Advance emulator, though, they're including the only Metroid he hasn't played in it.
(And normally we'd just buy it for our collection, his Advance and my Advance SP are still in perfect working order, but this Metroid is hard to find and expensive to boot...)
I HAVE been playing my Switch a lot since Theatrhythm Final Bar Line came out, though.
I have a serious obsession with the Theatrhythm games, I could literally play them all night.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:50 pm
Queen Spazzy
Both of our cats here love to be in my room for napping mostly, although my kitten (or our youngest cat, however you wish to see it as.) will stalk me to other places if I go walking out of my room.
We also got a little dog that loves to be by me in here but sometimes the senior cat doesn't allow that to happen.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:07 pm
Tobi Kaito

Aww, that's cute!
Our cats follow us around a lot, too. And they've become quite the lap cats lately.
(I've theorized that it has something to do with our lack of carpeting and the floors being cold, but I can't really prove or disprove that theory until warm weather rolls around.)
They're also very spoiled; I have a pillow and a blanket just for them in both of our entertainment rooms, and they have a little shelf/table thing without any legs with a blanket over it in the kitchen. It's part of their "cat corner," they also have a couple boxes and a bunch of toys there.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:41 pm
Queen Spazzy

Spoiling our fur babies is the best and all of ours are spoiled too. xd
The two cats and the dog are allowed to travel into any open door room and long as no messes are made in those rooms they're still kept open for them to enter into.
As for my bedroom, our living room, and my year older nephew's bedroom it goes if they mess in it they only get their nose rubbed in it along with a time out in a giant kennel with a soft pet bed they all sleep in that makes me go saying every time "These spoiled pets are learning jack s**t on not going in the house as they just sleep their whole time out."
I never change up how we do time out I just call it out as being useless for we're always putting them in that kennel for time out and they always time to time decide not to ask to go outside (dog) or use their litter box (cats) and we have to put them in the time out kennel. Sometimes more than thrice a day which makes me go checking on our feline family members litter box making sure it's clean to code for them.

Apart from that the dog has a toy in my room that keeps in my room as it's her demand, and another kept in my year older nephew's room also as she demands, odd one out is our older friend/GM most our games Nathan as Nathan keeps his bedroom door mostly closed due to my kitten was horrible with making messes his bedroom that it became closed off, minus for his cat Cappi which is allowed to go inside time to time when her cat dad wants her inside.
For the two cats they get spoiled time and time again with new cat toys we found which time and time again get added as dog toys with the dog too how it's built different and just loves all toys (though some toys I pop her butt with a newspaper to chill on for we don't need them torn up & she's a dog always having to murder her toys and any cat toys we don't catch her killing. Which is why more toys are always be bought for the cats.) so the cats got at least four to six toys depending on survivors and how picky I am to keep a toy alive still over tossing it for dog murdered it.
What I don't get is why must the dog murder the toys of our cats when she has a perfectly good set of toys of her own to murder (one squeaky monkey, two squeaky birds, tug-o-war rope, dog coney toy (idk name people give it tbh.), a pack of five normal tennis balls to fetch with, three squeaky toys combo of a ball, a newspaper, and a bone squeaker toy & lastly her stolen off my shelves by my horrible misbehaving many great nieces and used as a dog toy I just gave tf up and let them be dog toys my old Christmas penguin and polar bear. (I want to rant about the whole great nieces and one nephew ordeal but same time don't want to do it, so I wont do it.)

But in long run and long winded talk all of our pets are spoiled in a way, even the lizards having their separate tanks even if they're just little fellas that are already fully grown you could fit all three of them into one tank.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:37 am
Tobi Kaito

I don't have to worry too much about messes (other than the occasional poopie kicked out of their box because they are violent litter scratchers, or having to wipe, wash, and/or shave a cat butt because they got some on themselves and their reek follows them), but the only rooms we leave open all the time are our bedroom and the bathroom; they're not allowed in the entertainment rooms without supervision because they have a bad habit of knocking things into the floor. Also because I can't trust my cats in my room with my plants. (They emptied a pot of soil into my carpet at one of my old places, and they mauled my window plants every time they managed to sneak past me into the office at the previous apartment. Even now I have to watch them with my peppermint, they are FIENDS for the mint family...)
I DO have to regularly clean upchuck from the floor, though. One of them is long-haired and gets hairballs, and the other, for whatever reason, occasionally eats and drinks too much, too fast and will leave a spew trail across my whole kitchen... Thankfully we no longer have carpeting to clean.
My boys' current toy hoard is one store bought stuffed rat, four jingly balls (although I've only seen three recently, number four has been lost somewhere, a sacrifice to the regular game of "Make Mom Find the Ball" that one of them insists on playing), two handmade crocheted stuffed rats (the first of them made after they stole the head from an unfinished dragon plush to curb their thieving ways, and the second was a Christmas gift because they worked such a hardship over the first; they're not exactly neat and pretty anymore, but they ARE still intact and functional after three+ years of play), and two cardboard boxes. They also have a big cat tower that the beau's 'rents got them for Christmas a couple years back; they've shredded half the rope off the scratching post portions, and clawed a hole through the thick cardboard base of one post.
They'll also "make" toys out of tons of other stuff, too. Dropped cap on the floor? It's a toy. Lost a twistie tie? It won't be lost for long, it's a toy! Committed the sin of forgetting to put a hair tie out of cat reach? It's not only a toy, it will soon be in tiny pieces spread all over the room. Dryer sheet fell out of the clean clothes while folding laundry? Also a toy, and soon to be confetti, but look, Ma, we smell amazing!
My mom's dogs aren't allowed to have tennis balls very often, or for very long, because they will "scalp" them (peel off the fuzzy bits), then pull the remains apart. They have to be watched with squeaky toys, too, especially plush ones; they'll rip them apart and eat the squeakers. Meanwhile, one of the dogs that belong to my beau's 'rents will carefully tear the seams out of plush toys and pull the stuffing out, then leave the whole thing there without eating any of it. She also rips rope toys apart strand by meticulous strand. The Kong bones that she and the other dogs get their treats in have held up spectacularly, though.

My beau and I both very clearly come from households of pet spoilers. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:56 am

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 370 371 372 373 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games