Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:21 pm
Well then I must right some very angry letters...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:25 pm
But until that day, which will never come, realistically speaking, I won't bother with RE4 and anything that was released thereafter (aside from Outbreak FIle 2).  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:27 pm
what if they made and Outbreak File 3?!?!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Well, just because they did that, doesn't mean it'd be just like the others. It would depends on lots of things.

1. Does it reference anything relating to Las Plagas, or certain events of Umbrella Chronicles in it?
2. Does it have the same gameplay mechanics of File 2, or similar to classic RE games?
3. Does it have T-Virus, Umbrella and Zombies?

If the answers are no, yes, and yes, then yes, I would play it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 pm
Well that's good....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:38 pm
But then, if the storyline is really really terrible, then I'll sell it off as well.
For example, Umbrella Chronicles didn't mention RE4 or Las Plagas, and I liked the on-rails shooter aspect of it.
But it just ruined the original storyline so badly that I wanted nothing to do with it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:41 pm
But was the gameplay ok? and if so what would be a number rating out of 10 for it in your eyes?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:47 pm
Well, depends. I like House of the Dead, I play those games at arcades all the time. So in that respect, yeah, UC was cool. But it wasn't scary.
It's not something I'd want Resident Evil to become permanently, but if you look at UC for what it is, "Gun Survivor 5", then yeah, the gameplay is great. I liked the gameplay better than Survivor 1, or Dead Aim.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:48 pm
So it has morbid hope...?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:54 pm
Well, it's actually enjoyable, when I muted it, and put on my own heavy metal music, (RE movie soundtrack.)
But put it this way, and I've said this before...
If my only Gamecube game was REmake, or even RE0, I'd still think that the console is worth keeping. (Let's say this is when the GameCube was still relevant.)

But I did not think that UC was worth keeping my Wii for. It was mindless fun, and if I had OTHER Wii games that I thought were worth keeping the Wii for, I would've kept UC. But as far as having an installment of your favorite game franchise goes, UC isn't worth that at all.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:57 pm
You are right there...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:01 pm
So, I mean, if you have a Wii, and think it's worth keeping, then UC should be fun, when muted, or at least without Sound Effects, cause the music in it wasn't bad, if you liked the soundtrack to the first RE movie.

But I wouldn't expect much of the storyline. Of course, if you expect total crap, you might actually not think it's so bad. I expected something good, and I was very disappointed.  

Biohazard EXTREME

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:02 pm
Yeah. To me UC's a party game. Me and my friends laugh as we shoot zombies in the head for a few hours, beat the game, and then put it up never to get it out again. *shrugs* It's fun, but it's not even close to having the right feel to it.
Oh, and to your earlier question, RE4 for the wii. I have that version too. Personally I like it better than other versions. Don't know why. I think it's the more realistic aiming and shooting. I mean, still not scary, but it makes it more edgy for the action game that it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:05 pm
YAY!!! XD... I am getting positives from the evil one!!! lol  

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:12 pm
saritasunshine
Yeah. To me UC's a party game. Me and my friends laugh as we shoot zombies in the head for a few hours, beat the game, and then put it up never to get it out again. *shrugs* It's fun, but it's not even close to having the right feel to it.
Oh, and to your earlier question, RE4 for the wii. I have that version too. Personally I like it better than other versions. Don't know why. I think it's the more realistic aiming and shooting. I mean, still not scary, but it makes it more edgy for the action game that it is.

But therein lies the problem. Survival Horror and Action are two different genres. Just because guns are involved, doesn't make it action. And RE4 officially crossed that line, into Action genre.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games