Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pokemon Train and Battle Guild - Remodeling

Back to Guilds

Train your own pokemon right here on gaia! 

Tags: Pokemon, Train, Battle, Pokémon, Pokemon Train and Battle 

Reply The Pokémon Train and Battle Guild
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How well is this guild put together?
  Very Great!
  Above average but not that much
  Average
  Somewhat below average
  It Sucks
View Results

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:51 pm
Sometimes it's better if mods posts while users aren't on because then they'll have to see the event that's been posted, sense some trainers are so absorbed in their training they skip over event posts and never see them. Course this could also be solved by PMing them, which I have no idea why I never though of this in the first place xD Thanks for the suggestion 3nodding

@Dark: We don't even have 8 gym leaders or an elite 4 yet, maybe once we get those and the guild gets up and running enough we can establish something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:31 pm
Just curious here but is there or can there be a paint stone to make the Pokemon's color normal?

Ex. My newborn Eevee is purple so is there a paint stone that can make it the normal color of an Eevee. (Better yet a shiny one?)  

shons assist

3,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Vincavec
Vice Captain

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm
shons assist
Just curious here but is there or can there be a paint stone to make the Pokemon's color normal?

Ex. My newborn Eevee is purple so is there a paint stone that can make it the normal color of an Eevee. (Better yet a shiny one?)

There is a shiny paint stone go look in the underground.Deep Underground  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:10 pm
Yeah I realized that a long time ago just had a brain fart sorry. sweatdrop  

shons assist

3,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

shons assist

3,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 am
I have another suggestion. When a new member posts their application they're going to have to wait sometime and are going to keep going to the thread to check if they got their pokemon, well why don't we just send them a PM like this:

PTAB
Thank you for joining PTAB _________.
This Pm is to inform you that your starter pokemon is ready to be taken care of. You can find him/her at this [link].

Here are some stuff you can do at the guild:

1) Remember you can train your pokemon.
2) You can enter contests.
3) You can join the RP.
4) Buy PP to buy stuff for your pokemon.
5) Battle the Gym Leaders.
6)You can have fun and do much more!

smile Have a great time at PTAB smile

Not only does  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:39 am
I have a suggestion. Inform me if there's already something like this, as I am new and noobish to this guild and could have easily missed it- but I think pokemon should get exp for battles. Like if you win the battle, each pokemon you used gets, say... 12 train posts if they had hp left at the end and 6 if they fainted.  

Ariyana_M

shons assist

3,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:02 pm
Ariyana_M
I have a suggestion. Inform me if there's already something like this, as I am new and noobish to this guild and could have easily missed it- but I think pokemon should get exp for battles. Like if you win the battle, each pokemon you used gets, say... 12 train posts if they had hp left at the end and 6 if they fainted.

Good Idea but I think they should get less because I think people can train while they are battling somewhere else.
Maybe 6 If won, and 3 if Lost?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:04 pm
shons assist
Ariyana_M

Good Idea but I think they should get less because I think people can train while they are battling somewhere else.
Maybe 6 If won, and 3 if Lost?

Yeah, whatever is fine. I didn't really put much thought into the #'s, more into the concept. Whatever is determined to be suitable would be cool. I just think pokemon deserve points for battle.  

Ariyana_M

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:09 pm
I've been meaning to get something like this implemented, haven't gotten around to it yet xP There's so much like this that I've been needing to do xDD A whole bunch of new features are planned to be released for our anniversary event 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:12 pm
ToastyMarshmellow
I've been meaning to get something like this implemented, haven't gotten around to it yet xP There's so much like this that I've been needing to do xDD A whole bunch of new features are planned to be released for our anniversary event 3nodding
Yay, I can't wait until August!  

shons assist

3,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

-Cotton Swabs-

Profitable Consumer

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:01 am
I have a suggestion, and maybe it is already up for the anniversary but, well if it isnt then you will have another idea.

So we have lots of places to train, and each one caters to a different type.

However, we dont have a place that caters to Eggs, because they are not technically Baby pokemon and the are not first stage yet.

We could call it the Hatchery... or something else that was just a name I thought of while yelling at my dog...

I have a bike on Zaden so its not a big deal but the people that dont have bikes and want to hatch there little eggies faster... makes me all emo because they have to wait to see that little bundle of joy hatch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 am
I have an idea for a bit more in depth Rp: Teams. Two teams, one seeking to conquer the world or reshape it, and one seeking to protect the world from the other group. And have certain criteria in place for joining.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Vincavec
Vice Captain

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:05 pm
King Robert Silvermyst
I have an idea for a bit more in depth Rp: Teams. Two teams, one seeking to conquer the world or reshape it, and one seeking to protect the world from the other group. And have certain criteria in place for joining.

Technically there is a criteria for joining. The More in depth Rp sounds cool too, but i don't know what Toasty has planned for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:12 am
Well let's start off with a storyline.... Where we all go to a lab and meet the Professor. They get to receive their starter. Have them either choose like from the starter list or maybe have it random like Ash and Pikachu. Then they get to see how far they can get attached to their companion.

Most people get stranded after that because they think they need to go off and catch pokemon and beat the gym like the game, but who wants to just train and battle all day?

So you have the Professor send them on some crazy task at first to see if they are worthy of being a pokemon trainer. This way they are able to bond with their pokemon and train it before heading out.

You could also send them, or they could just go by themselves, on trips where they can use their pokemon for competition. Like if they have a Flying type then have a person there able to teach their pokemon for free the HM Fly then they can like have a race with NPCs or other RPCs that are there. Or have a Sumo Contest like I mentioned before. Another one is a beauty contest where a trainer preps his pokemon to look outstanding(Sprites included somehow). Maybe a catching contest, could be bug pokemon or it could be in an area. Whoever catches the most rare and/or highest level wins... See there are many things that could be done just think of some. AND whoever wins gets a custom ribbon put on that pokemon and a prize of some sort along with some cash money.
So along with bragging rights:
Contest ribbon on that pokemon(s)
Prize Item
Poke Points

Soooo... Now we have Training, Battling other Trainers, Gyms, Quest from the Professor and Contests of all sorts and sizes. Let's get this thing running!  

Masterharper of Pern

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Before we can get the guild in a state where it can function I have to flesh out the professors, else no one could get their first pokemon. I also want to get the gyms up and running to, which is what I'm working on right now.

I was planning on having the professors give out quests, and not just professors will be the ones giving out the quests.
You'll have to do a quest first for the professor before you can receive their pokeballs and dex and such, and after that doing quests is optional.

For some of the quests where you have to find something you'll have to roll dice or do a random number, and you have to get it in a certain field of numbers the find the item, then you'll have to deliver the item to who you're supposed to and post which page and where you got the number as evidence of completing the quest.

Other quests you'll have to capture a pokemon, or deliver a message and/or package (remember there's going to be a actual map of the region and a required post count to advance to the next area).

I might make a couple mules to act as random trainers, that's one of the things that I wanted to do, NPC trainers to battle.

I think there should be two different beauty contests, one involving sprites, and another involving rp/txt base.

I'm going to have to create tables for how rare certain pokemon are to others for catching contests.

Maybe for the flying contest, have it be temporary and the winner receives the HM as a prize.

I have been thinking of things, they just need to be fleshed out.

This all takes a bit more work then that, everything takes time to do, some things more then others.  
The Pokémon Train and Battle Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff