Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

The Rogue Doll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:33 am
A resolution to make no resolutions is still a resolution....unfortunately I think you fail. That's just my interpretation though.

I do agree that they are rather hard to keep, but it's nice that people think about improving themselves at all ever, or even better that a holiday actually encourages this.

Hope everyone's christmas/new years/whatever was peachy keen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:32 am
User Image
- - - - - - Mou - - - - - -

I don't believe in New Years Resolutions, since they're often about becoming healthier or stuff like that. Unfortunately living a healthier life is a long process lasting your whole lifetime, which is why it's stupid to have as a resolution.

My friend however once made a few good resolutions, minor ones, that were actually possible to fulfill. Those ones are alright.

Same as I don't believe in the white January thing we have over here. It's a real hype. For those that don't know already, white January means a month without drinking even a drop of alcohol to kind of clean up the body (and soul) and stuff. However if you decide to have to do this White January thing, then I believe you're just admitting you have a real problem. To me there is no point in it, as I beleive the healthier and better option is just to generally drink less. Often those who do White January just drink double the amount in February, resulting in more damage to the liver than if they would've been drinking in January. Silly people.

- - - - - - Mou - - - - - -

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:54 am
Ha, I don't usually do resolutions but I figured since most of those are rather simple it's worth a try. And I've been trying to do most of them for the last year anyway so I don't see why it's so wrong to just re-announce them to myself and say outloud "Yes, I'm going to work on this." *shrugs*

As for white January, my friend's parents decided to go a full year without alcohol (do I think they'll do it no, but it's a nice gesture anyway and they're doing well so far [they drink everyday at least]). They're doing it for health reasons, specifically weight loss. If it helps them or at least makes them feel better about themselves, I support it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 am
I'm giving up cannabis. I dont enjoy it anymore.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:00 am
You.

---
New Years resolutions are good and should be supported even though human nature can't quite afford to let them all be accomplished. They're still nice to have, even if after the first week they subside to the back of one's mind.

My resolutions are to stay smoke-free and to keep trying to be the best father I can be. They might be as Mou says - life long processes, but that's why I plan on following through and reinstating them at each New Year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 am
The one other thing is I'm concentrating a lot on getting to america.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:48 am
I generally don't make resolutions. I think mostly because I'm lazy. But I think the premise is good, the thought of change for the better (hopefully) for the coming year and beyond.

I've been working too much lately.... *naps in the corner*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:27 am
I like resolutions that are doable. I agree with what was said on being healthier resolutions, because s**t, honestly it's nearly impossible to change your eating habits overnight.

But I dunno, I resolved to quit WoW and get back into my art. I know it's not going to be a sudden thing where I don't log on anymore, but something I'll do all year. :'P  

Vision of Autumn

nori maki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:26 pm
EKA posts secretly as her mule ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm
Ooh! I should secretly join as my mule! Or maybe not, seeing as how that member purge is going on.  

welian

Crew

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:56 pm
Eka secretly posts as herself ninja yay subterfuge  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:02 pm
Hi everyone. I'm new here but Electric Kool-Aid convinced me to reactivate my long dead Gaia account and join this guild here for some rping perhaps. I'm a computer geek who does not really care how my avatar looks but have decided that perhaps I should get back into rping and EKA says this is the place to do it biggrin .  

Althuth

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:04 pm
*gluggles Althuth* I <3's my computer geek.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:15 pm
I fixed my computer yesterday. I was so damn proud of myself. Looked up the POST code (1 long beeps, 2 short beeps is a video error), dusted off the video card, and reconnected the cables. I think the serial-to-digital adapter had come loose, that's why.  

welian

Crew

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:22 pm
that's impressive. I'm pretty good at troubleshooting problems (esp if I can IM Althuth...) but I'm way too scared to open up my compy and poke about inside. I'm break things far too often to be comfortable with that.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games