Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:42 am
Well, I don't care for online play at all. I mean, Outbreak was fun on occasion, and it is fun to sometimes kick some a** at Mortal Kombat Armageddon, but overall, I don't care about online. I don't care about first person shooters. So those two factors pretty much rule out the 360 for me. (Not to mention the fact that I don't care about having to return my console because it's ruining my discs, but I won't get into that.)

Like I said, I was very dissatisfied with the Wii.

The PS3 hasn't failed me so far, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:53 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Have you played Uncharted?

No, I'm not even sure I've even heard of that game. What's it about?  

Javanomicron

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:29 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but see, that's so hypocritical. I mean, the Wii doesn't have Halo, but the Xbots don't say anything about it. Or if they do, like I said, it's on a much smaller scale than the PS3 haters.

360 owners fear the PS3. Let's face it, PS3 games seem to have better graphics. From what I've seen the graphics are getting better. Meanwhile, what the 360 considers good graphics is Gears of War. A game from nearly 1 year and a half ago. The PS3 is just getting started. It's like a damn train, it'll start slow and once it gets going, no stopping it until the next generation. The Wii, on the other hand, still seems last gen. The worst thing of all, is it's running on a gimmick. A gimmick can only go so far, before Nintendo will have to think of a new one.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 pm
Xenomina
Biohazard EXTREME

As if, it's like the best game to come out for the PS3 in 2007.
It's about Nathan Drake, who believes to be a descendant of Sir Francis Drake, and he's out to find his ancestor's treasure... Being El Dorado. It's a really fun game, I dunno what I'd do without it. It looks amazing. It plays amazing. The narrative kicks all sorts of a**. You really have to check it out.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:54 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Xenomina
Biohazard EXTREME

As if, it's like the best game to come out for the PS3 in 2007.
It's about Nathan Drake, who believes to be a descendant of Sir Francis Drake, and he's out to find his ancestor's treasure... Being El Dorado. It's a really fun game, I dunno what I'd do without it. It looks amazing. It plays amazing. The narrative kicks all sorts of a**. You really have to check it out.

Oh! That one! I may have to go ahead and give it a try if I get the chance.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:02 pm
It's really a must.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:45 am
I think a good game for the Ps3 was Call of duty 4. I was wondering how good it would actually be and when i played it i was suprised about how good it really was. Multi player is fun to  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 pm
Fun if you LIKE online multiplayer, and if you LIKE first person shooters. Unfortunately, I don't care much for either.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:54 pm
Elliot Salem
360 owners fear the PS3. Let's face it, PS3 games seem to have better graphics. From what I've seen the graphics are getting better. Meanwhile, what the 360 considers good graphics is Gears of War. A game from nearly 1 year and a half ago. The PS3 is just getting started. It's like a damn train, it'll start slow and once it gets going, no stopping it until the next generation. The Wii, on the other hand, still seems last gen. The worst thing of all, is it's running on a gimmick. A gimmick can only go so far, before Nintendo will have to think of a new one.

I totally agree, the PS3 does have better graphics than my poor 360. But I bought a Wii before I even bought a 360 because graphics don't mean s**t to me, which is why I don't see the reason besides four or five exclusive PS3 games that I probably won't end up playing anyway, or will play at my aunt and uncle's house that I should get one. The 360 considers good graphics to be games like Lost Odyssey, CoD4, and other more recent titles, not Gears (although Gears is still a little bit pretty).

The Wii isn't last gen. And if you must know, not all games utilize the "gimmick" (read: the good games). Some have only little tidbits of it, if at all (like Super Mario Galaxy, or No More Heroes). The only problem with the Wii is the third-party support and how much it sucks. Not even putting graphics into the equation ('cause like I said, I'm not a good graphics buff, I like gameplay more), most third-party titles are just horrible, trying to use the controls and failing. For every good third-party title (Guitar Hero III and No More Heroes to name... well, almost the only two except for Umbrella Chronicles, which I still play from time to time and House of the Dead, which is a ton of fun), there are forty worse, uncool versions of it. Nintendo needs to limit the crap intake and get some good support from third-party developers instead of holding their own with their first-party titles.

Overall though, I still say the Wii is a good system for all ages, including those hardcore gamers. If only their third-party support didn't blow more than Pam Anderson on a weekend...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:54 pm
Canas Renvall
Elliot Salem

I totally agree, the PS3 does have better graphics than my poor 360. But I bought a Wii before I even bought a 360 because graphics don't mean s**t to me, which is why I don't see the reason besides four or five exclusive PS3 games that I probably won't end up playing anyway, or will play at my aunt and uncle's house that I should get one. The 360 considers good graphics to be games like Lost Odyssey, CoD4, and other more recent titles, not Gears (although Gears is still a little bit pretty).

The Wii isn't last gen. And if you must know, not all games utilize the "gimmick" (read: the good games). Some have only little tidbits of it, if at all (like Super Mario Galaxy, or No More Heroes). The only problem with the Wii is the third-party support and how much it sucks. Not even putting graphics into the equation ('cause like I said, I'm not a good graphics buff, I like gameplay more), most third-party titles are just horrible, trying to use the controls and failing. For every good third-party title (Guitar Hero III and No More Heroes to name... well, almost the only two except for Umbrella Chronicles, which I still play from time to time and House of the Dead, which is a ton of fun), there are forty worse, uncool versions of it. Nintendo needs to limit the crap intake and get some good support from third-party developers instead of holding their own with their first-party titles.

Overall though, I still say the Wii is a good system for all ages, including those hardcore gamers. If only their third-party support didn't blow more than Pam Anderson on a weekend...

Believe it or not, people still say GoW's graphics are better than those two games. Personally, I hate GoW, the concept of it stupid, and a ******** chainsaw bayonet!? Stupid s**t. I agree, graphics aren't everything, but alot of hype from the Wii was because they did something no one thought about. They sacrificed good graphics, well, I mean like 'Holy s**t!!!" graphics for gameplay. Alot of people like the Wii, not because it's Nintendo, or has a few games they like, but because of the gimmick it used. Personally, I hate gimmicks like that. And well, let's face it, Nintendo consoles aren't as good as the hand-held version. Before I forget, just because not all games utilize the gimmick, doesn't make it any less of a gimmick.
I know the Wii isn't last gen, but it seems that way.

As for the last comment. No, just no. It should be, 'it didn't blow more than a gardener on a beautiful autumn day.'  

Elliot Salem

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:43 pm
Elliot Salem
And well, let's face it, Nintendo consoles aren't as good as the hand-held version.

I beg to differ (somewhat). Mostly that's true, but the N64 and SNES still destroy the handhelds. The SNES is actually my personal favorite console period, let alone better than a handheld. While that's just an opinion, I think people may agree that at least the SNES > all handhelds, and quite a few consoles as well. ...Aw dammit, now I wanna play it.

What I really love about Nintendo is the durability of their consoles, and the amazing games on them that withstand the test of time like it's nobody's ******** business. Like my SNES. My bro got it in 1991, the year before I was born, for his third birthday. 1994, he got a Sega Genesis and gave me the SNES. Since I was two, I had been playing it with him... first game ever was Super Mario World. So this machine has been played on for 16-17 years now, and it works like new. That's damned durable. The Genesis still works, too, but wow do good things last.

Also, people did a test on the GC, PS2, and Xbox. They dropped all three from a 20-foot drop onto concrete, hit them all once with a sledgehammer, and then dropped a 15-pound weight on them from 20 feet. Only the Gamecube still worked. I was like "Holy hell."

And the GBA had an interesting test, too. In one of my older game mags, from when it first came out, EGM flushed a GBA in a toilet, and it stopped working. However three weeks later it miraculously worked like new again. Just shows how powerful Nintendo's products really are. razz

I don't know how I just went from best console to durability, but wow. I'm shifting subjects faster than a fat chick gets out in dodgeball... anyway yeah, I'm probably going to bed now. Then I'm waking up, going downstairs, and playing my SNES. I <3 my baby.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:29 am
Of course... One could buy a PSP, get it modded, and get an SNES emulator for it. Which, essentially makes it a portable SNES. >:3  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:26 am
Canas Renvall
Elliot Salem
And well, let's face it, Nintendo consoles aren't as good as the hand-held version.

I beg to differ (somewhat). Mostly that's true, but the N64 and SNES still destroy the handhelds. The SNES is actually my personal favorite console period, let alone better than a handheld. While that's just an opinion, I think people may agree that at least the SNES > all handhelds, and quite a few consoles as well. ...Aw dammit, now I wanna play it.

What I really love about Nintendo is the durability of their consoles, and the amazing games on them that withstand the test of time like it's nobody's ******** business. Like my SNES. My bro got it in 1991, the year before I was born, for his third birthday. 1994, he got a Sega Genesis and gave me the SNES. Since I was two, I had been playing it with him... first game ever was Super Mario World. So this machine has been played on for 16-17 years now, and it works like new. That's damned durable. The Genesis still works, too, but wow do good things last.

Also, people did a test on the GC, PS2, and Xbox. They dropped all three from a 20-foot drop onto concrete, hit them all once with a sledgehammer, and then dropped a 15-pound weight on them from 20 feet. Only the Gamecube still worked. I was like "Holy hell."

And the GBA had an interesting test, too. In one of my older game mags, from when it first came out, EGM flushed a GBA in a toilet, and it stopped working. However three weeks later it miraculously worked like new again. Just shows how powerful Nintendo's products really are. razz

I don't know how I just went from best console to durability, but wow. I'm shifting subjects faster than a fat chick gets out in dodgeball... anyway yeah, I'm probably going to bed now. Then I'm waking up, going downstairs, and playing my SNES. I <3 my baby.

Well, I should've said, 'Nintendo's current consoles'.

But yes, the N64 and the SNES are still the best two consoles ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:26 am
Two best consoles ever? Well, I wouldn't go that far... At least not with N64. I mean, aside from Ocarina of Time, there weren't any games that would be worth owning the console for. And since Ocarina of Time is available for the Wii Virtual Console, and limited edition GameCube disk, the N64 becomes pretty much obsolete. There really weren't that many must own games on it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:16 pm
There's an opinion. There's a whole slew that I love, but they're not you genres. razz

As for the SNES, agreed. Best ever, hands-down. It has great to amazing games in nearly all genres that existed in that time, even 3-D space shooters (Star Fox, anyone?). As for a portable SNES on my PSP... A. Dunno how to mod it so no go. xd B. That small(er) screen doesn't do the SNES justice. Not epic games like the FFs, Star Fox, SMRPG, etc. Although it would be cool, it just doesn't feel right playing such great games on a... whatever-inch screen, not to mention SNES on a Sony product. Feels weird for me, but that's just me. xd  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games