Welcome to Gaia! ::

RoseSoul Tribe

Back to Guilds

this guild will be a community of RPing, Debate/Discussion, Art/Litterature, Contests and Fellowship. 

Tags: roleplaying, fantasy, contests, music, occult 

Reply RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum
MANDATORY THREAD! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:24 pm
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
Eltanin Sadachbia
HOLY s**t!

The market place is shot. I can't even bring myself to try to catch up... I need to just decide what I want to do with my stuff and be done with this place.

pro-tip: if you sell some old items you don't need anymore, you could suddenly find yourself sitting on billions, maybe trillions, of gold. smile you'd be surprised what's exploded in price now.

I get that... But the prices of items have not went up proportionately. I have an account that is crazy rich now, but there is no viable way for me to play the MP...

When I left early this year, I knew the gold generators were messing things up bad. I had a few hundred million gold, and I went and invested most of that in items because I knew I would be gone awhile. I kept 50 Mil just so I had some gold to play with... That was sufficient to get about any item I would want back then...

Now that 50 Mil would buy the s**t items out of RIGs... It is nothing.

Sure, I could kill if I sold all of my extra stuff, but if I have to leave again, I have to relearn and regauge everything.

yeah, it's a pretty huge mess.... I can't tell you how to predict anything, because I have never been good at it. but I can assume that alchemy is still going to be popular for a while thanks to the Wing Quests, and this new GoFusion thing is even invading the Philosopher's Caches and the Daily Chance...

but with the death combo of Gold-Generators and Kickstarters, the only thing we can predict for certain is uncontrollable devaluation of Gold.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm
Chieftain Twilight
... Kickstarters...

Kickstarters?  

Eltanin Sadachbia
Crew

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:03 pm
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
... Kickstarters...

Kickstarters?

the goldsinks are now "kickstarters", which come with rewards and contest raffles, and allegedly events. but they are asking for literally quadrillions of gold a month, only to release more gold generators.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:30 am
Chieftain Twilight
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
... Kickstarters...

Kickstarters?

the goldsinks are now "kickstarters", which come with rewards and contest raffles, and allegedly events. but they are asking for literally quadrillions of gold a month, only to release more gold generators.

More stupid... ah well.  

Eltanin Sadachbia
Crew

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:35 am
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
... Kickstarters...

Kickstarters?

More stupid... ah well.

yeah, unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:15 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
... Kickstarters...

Kickstarters?

More stupid... ah well.

yeah, unfortunately.
Gold sinks aren't going to fix the economy. The only real problem with the economy right now is the absurdly large economic disparity between the cash user and the non-cash user. Refer to my posts here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/we-can-t-help-your-newbies-if-you-won-t-help-them/t.92930625_147/?cnt=3#147  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Chieftain Twilight
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
Eltanin Sadachbia
Chieftain Twilight
... Kickstarters...

Kickstarters?

More stupid... ah well.

yeah, unfortunately.
Gold sinks aren't going to fix the economy. The only real problem with the economy right now is the absurdly large economic disparity between the cash user and the non-cash user. Refer to my posts here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/we-can-t-help-your-newbies-if-you-won-t-help-them/t.92930625_147/?cnt=3#147

aye, I agree with you. if anything, this combination of gold-sinks and gold generators, along with various other GC "sales" (many of them being classic cases of false advertisement) is making the economy way worse.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:32 pm
No. The problem is definitely beyond gold sinks. This is good for their cash business.

They are making it necessary to spend money, or generate money for them through ad clicks in order to enjoy the avatar feature to its fullest.

I remember starting feedback threads in '10 where I examined the economy and the way to bring things into balance. I championed re-releasing items and getting more supply saturated in the economy without adding so much gold, in order to bring gold prices into balance... SO MANY people piped in that they didn't care about the Gaia economy they would be willing to pay $50 or more dollars for certain items... That is when I decided that feedback wasn't in my best interest because I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle people.  

Eltanin Sadachbia
Crew

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:30 am
Eltanin Sadachbia
No. The problem is definitely beyond gold sinks. This is good for their cash business.

They are making it necessary to spend money, or generate money for them through ad clicks in order to enjoy the avatar feature to its fullest.

I remember starting feedback threads in '10 where I examined the economy and the way to bring things into balance. I championed re-releasing items and getting more supply saturated in the economy without adding so much gold, in order to bring gold prices into balance... SO MANY people piped in that they didn't care about the Gaia economy they would be willing to pay $50 or more dollars for certain items... That is when I decided that feedback wasn't in my best interest because I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle people.

I have very few encounters with people like that. o.o I see anti-cashers all over the place, though. I eventually stepped over into the anti-cash side of the line, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:58 pm
Wow, it's been forever since I've been here.Thinking about retiring my account for good, but I can't bring myself to get rid of my hoard of items. razz  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:40 pm
ScarletFrost
Wow, it's been forever since I've been here.Thinking about retiring my account for good, but I can't bring myself to get rid of my hoard of items. razz

you could always donate them, possibly to a good friend. surely you've got a number of valued and trustworthy friends that would appreciate it. I know I would.

or for shits and giggles you could mess with the MP. xd

but I'll also try to convince you to stay and get on here more often. I can afford cool events and stuff now. maybe I should hold a contest or something? would you be inetersted in anything like that?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:06 pm
Chieftain Twilight
ScarletFrost

you could always donate them, possibly to a good friend. surely you've got a number of valued and trustworthy friends that would appreciate it. I know I would.

but I'll also try to convince you to stay and get on here more often. I can afford cool events and stuff now. maybe I should hold a contest or something? would you be inetersted in anything like that?

Most of my friends have retired, and quite honestly, I just don't have time. I have 2 jobs, a husband, a kid, and my graduate classes, and only 24 hours in a day to eat, sleep, and commute between all of these. Sorry.

And most of my friends are already retired. YOU are really all that is keeping me here, Twi. ninja  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:09 pm
ScarletFrost
Chieftain Twilight
ScarletFrost

Most of my friends have retired, and quite honestly, I just don't have time. I have 2 jobs, a husband, a kid, and my graduate classes, and only 24 hours in a day to eat, sleep, and commute between all of these. Sorry.

And most of my friends are already retired. YOU are really all that is keeping me here, Twi. ninja

that says alot .... I'm pretty honoured.
I'm pretty much always available by phone, anyway. I'll PM you my cell number. if you stay on Gaia any longer, I'll be glad to keep hearing from you. if you don't, it doesn't mean we have to lose contact with eachother.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:41 am
Oh ooh oooh! I'm publishing a story via Nook Press and Amazon's Kindle! Unfortunately I can't make it free (valid pricing STARTS at $.99) but still, it's less than a dollar.

Anyway, "Jenny G: The Diary of Genevieve Rivers" will be published October 7th, 2014. I'll post links here when it finally goes online. Would you guys mind sharing them? I need some unofficial publicists. smile

Hopefully I'll be able to publish more books this way and get my name out there. It would be nice to make a little money too, but I'm not going to worry about that at this point. As soon as I can, I'll offer the books for free.  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Valtiel the Watcher

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:41 pm
ScarletFrost
Oh ooh oooh! I'm publishing a story via Nook Press and Amazon's Kindle! Unfortunately I can't make it free (valid pricing STARTS at $.99) but still, it's less than a dollar.

Anyway, "Jenny G: The Diary of Genevieve Rivers" will be published October 7th, 2014. I'll post links here when it finally goes online. Would you guys mind sharing them? I need some unofficial publicists. smile

Hopefully I'll be able to publish more books this way and get my name out there. It would be nice to make a little money too, but I'm not going to worry about that at this point. As soon as I can, I'll offer the books for free.
I was wondering how all that worked. I was working on a comic and might be using that as a possible rout to publish some stuff.  
RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff