Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 pm
WTF?! I would beat them down.

Rawr. I am the Vice Captain by the way.. xd And I happen to have some highly feministic views and write about sex alot. Well.. sexual undertones.. and mythology.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:16 pm
*chuckles* I've written more than my fair share of tawdry romance fanfics, since i discovered them. I can't stop reading them though.

And Sex is a perfectly okay topic to write about, especially in tawdry romance stories xD  

Kara Darkholm

Beloved Seeker

8,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:18 am
I heart writing about sex... when no one knows I am writing about it.

It is my joy in life.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:01 pm
*glomps* Your avi is amazing! 3nodding

No one will rip you to shreds; we're...not that intense. xp Oh, I can't read tawdry romance fics, or fluffy romance fics, or romance fics in general. Yesh, I shall become a nun and live my life in blissful solitude. 3nodding In the meanwhile, I'm forced to learn how to interact with people.

Currently, it's macabre and death subjects, since my drunken/high attempt at romance resulted in epic fail.  

Chrysanthemum Moon

Kara Darkholm

Beloved Seeker

8,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:44 pm
Thank you very much. It shall take me a while to get settled i think, and then I'll critique a few stories/poems and then post something of my own? That is how it goes yes?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:45 am
Urgh. I'm new here. Thanks for accepting my request.

I'm commonly known as Fearless. You can call me that! ^^ I love to read before I discovered the joy in writing, but I still love reading! I dabbled in fanfiction before I felt that it was like blatant copying. Then, I started with poetry. Most was about love with a few about things like family, dreams and hope. I'm currently writing a story. But it wasn't as good as expected. I'm starting to get the infamous writers' block. I've written quite a few stories, but I don't usually complete them, my readers are always left to create their own ending. sweatdrop

I'm thirteen, with about 2 and a half months left till my birthday! Yay! I'm happy! I love star gazing and my latest celeb crush is Robert Pattinson. Remember Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire the movie? Hee. x)

I'm a serious feminist. I still think girls are the same as boys if not better. And sex... ekm. I'm still 13 and 10 months. Really.  

MikeDrawl

Kara Darkholm

Beloved Seeker

8,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:47 am
whee I was reading R-rated fanfiction at your age. I feel so old now. D:

and yeah, writer block is a bad dealio. I have a few suggestions if the owners won't mind me making a new thread about it >.>

And Hrm. Speaking of fanfiction I should scour it for something that doesn't sound like it was written by someone with no basic comprehension of the english language. *totters off*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:15 pm
If I told you what I was doing at that age... I would have to kill you. pirate  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:54 pm
1) Hi newbies *waves*
2) Hi returning people) *more waves*
3) Yey for feminism!!!
4) Then don't tell us. We like life. (Or, at least, I assume most people on this forum do)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:50 pm
Want to know something odd. I am a feminist, yet I do not believe in feminism.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Chrysanthemum Moon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:39 pm
!!!I DON'T DIFFERENTIATE GENDER!!! I've been calling guys as "she" and girls as "he" for a long time.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Technically, that is still differentiating; just vis versa.

To not support one gender over the other, you would have to call everyone "it."  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:55 pm
It's a funny thing, isn't it. We know gender is very much a social construct, but when it comes to alternative ways of identifying people, without saying 'he' or 'she', there's seriously nothing! Well, like Tak-Jak says, you could call people 'it'...but they tend to get offended...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:17 pm
Mhm. We cannot differentiate, therefore it is hard to believe in one set view point.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Chrysanthemum Moon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:13 pm
xp I have done that too. But, yes, almost all became offended, except for my Latin teacher. He is amazingly cool with neutral gender. Or refer to everyone as "he" or "she", but then people would say you're being biased in gender... No way to win.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games