Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:47 pm
That's just Latin teachers for you - they have to be to deal with the fact they're teaching, y'know, Latin.
You know what's a cool language? Old English (as in Anglo-Saxon, not Chaucer's Middle English). It sounds so good when read well! I'm learning smile ...I don't read it well... cry  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:51 pm
Hi! I'm Sina, your lovely new poet/jewelrymaker*/short story writer! And... yep... that's all for now!

*Ok, I'll admit, the jewelry thing is so not relevant to this. I just felt like saying it.  

Sinabelle

Sparkly Prophet

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 pm
Welcome Sina. Forgive us if we may seem slow.. tis the school year and all. And well I am a senior so I am working on college applications in my free time and such. But please make yourself at home.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:14 pm
Yes, the school year is a pretty slow time here.

I've been hit with all kinds of stuff...midterms and fall break and general college insanity...

BUT FALL BREAK WAS AWESOME!!! I got to see my family and my boyfriend and my best friend and a lot of my other friends! I didn't want to come back to school.

Welcome to any and all new faces! -showers with love-

Spastic waffles
Captain

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:01 am
Hey Sina *waves in what is, hopefully, a friendly manner*

Aye, it is a truth universally acknowledged that all students will be stupidly busy at this time of year.

But I get my reading week (ie and unofficial half term - mid-term, for the Americans on here) soon, so I get to go home and see everybody again. Yey!

Unfortunately, there are two important essays to be written first... *sigh*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:27 am
charbookwyrm
(ie and unofficial half term - mid-term, for the Americans on here)

Where you from?  

Kurai_kotori

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:38 pm
Char is English. 3nodding From Devon, I believe. (Is that where your university is?)

Hola a la nuevo amigos~ Te amo~

Sorry I've been gone, but the play and my homework restrict my interwebs time. You will not see much of me in the next few weeks. From November 1-9 I may not even log on. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:40 pm
‘ello. Nice to meet you. I probably will disappear until the second week of December. crying But I should be able to post something before completely disappearing...  

Chrysanthemum Moon

Kara Darkholm

Beloved Seeker

8,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 am
*Falls in* Umm >.>

Hi. *waves* Sorry i disappeared for a while. Classes all of a sudden caught up with me and i was buried under a pile of work. Though, I'm back now!

Question, Is a blurb okay to post in the main part here? It's not completed, nor do i think I'm going to complete it, I just think it sounds nifty and want to see what peeps think xD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:08 pm
User ImageSip my blood
till there's no blood left to spill
From my neck
embraced by a concealed grip
I welcomed in my arms...

My Name is NicholeMarie♥
I write (or attempt) poems,
short stories, songs, the works.
At the moment I am jumping
in between two stories.
♥One is about vampires who fell in love,
the girl thinking that she fell in love with a human,
but truely he was the one who turned her into a vampire,
knowing she was the one for him,
kind of too complex to summarize >.<
♥The other story I am writing is about a girl
who falls into a coma the day of her high school graduation,
and the day her boyfriend was going to propose to her.
When she wakes up she remembers
everything, everyone, except who she is...
soo yea. ^_^

Young blood spills tonight
this time the victim is you
Poison lips, the ones you kiss
I swear my love for you is true
Young blood spills

AlyssMoon

Kara Darkholm

Beloved Seeker

8,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:29 pm
Haaaiii!

Those sound pretty nifty, not my type (I'm more partial to fantasy and Anne Rice's style of Vampire), but they still sound nifty  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:07 pm
I'm sure a blurb would be okay in the main part: if you want critics anything should be fine.

Nice to meet y'all.  

Lucian Aithine

Gabryl-Kaine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:48 pm
Greetings all! I am the newest addition to the guild! (In truth I joined up last night, but my post for here kept getting deleted by unforeseen circumstances, so in a fit of frustration went off and killed people in the Halloween eventy thingy instead - how's that for healthy stress relief?)

My name is Gabriel - well actually its Adam, but I think Gabriel (or Gabe if you like) is just more interesting. I mean Adam literally means Dirt. I kid you not. Dirt (Specifically "Of Red Earth") So you can call me by either one.

I live on the West Coast of Canada (about as far west as you can go without hitting the Pacific) on a little, oft forgotten Island that happens to host our Provinces Capital. Everyone just seems to forget that. We live in our own little world.

I'm 18 and I've graduated, but I didn't get my @$$ in gear last year to apply for any post-secondary, or Scholarships, so at the moment I work in an attempt to save up for some schooling.

I am first and foremost an Actor (yes I capitalized that razz ) and I've been at it for about 8 years. That's theatre acting by the way, although I was in one film (X-3) and will take a career in it if I can.

I write fiction and poetry primarily, and I dabble a bit in script writing. Honestly though to say "I write" is a bit of misnomer. "I would like to write" or perhaps "I fully intend, but never really get down to write" would perhaps be more accurate. Basically I've got a head full of ideas and a very over-developed skill at procrastination and self-distraction. I also really enjoy talking about myself - can you tell? sweatdrop

I also like Vampires. Enough that they get their own paragraph. On that note however I refuse (on general principle if nothing else) to read anything regarding Twighlight. That said I'd probably love it as much as any rabid fangirl, which is probably why I won't touch it.

My other love is Roleplaqying - I started IRL with tabletop D&D (Yes *legasp* A D&D geek in our midst!!!! OMFWTFGBBQPANDABEAR! Deal with it - But really I mean that in the nicest way possible.) For lack of a group to play with, I turned to online RP, and found I quite enjoy it, if done well. So if you want to RP pretty much anything, ('specially romance - what can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic) I'll probably say yes.

Now this thing is getting waay too long, so to any of you who actually read through my longwinded Ego trip here, I congradulate you. I look forward to writing with you.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:10 pm
Y HALO THAR. Preferred alignment? 4th edition, y/n? ******** grids!

...you are not alone. Sad, innit?  

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

Gabryl-Kaine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:31 pm
Not at all!! I'm actually really thrilled that I have some company.

As to your questions: Alignment, Chaotic Neutral (the ******** you I'm gunna do THIS. Alignment XD) On the other hand, Chaotic Good is far closer to my own personality. 4E, yes, I like it. there are issues, but then every edition has had issues. I still play 3.5, but I've got the 4E books and plan to use them. Tell me - do you play any white wolf?  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games