Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Panpear

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:07 pm
Yup!

By even stating it I have apparently single-handedly killed this thread.

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:36 pm
I just don't have anything to add to the conversation, and can't think of a new topic for discussion.  

Trowa The Fearless

Lost_Realms

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:41 pm
*wants to play some Castlevania game, but should be studying...* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:18 pm
Well, I have biiiig (well, bigger than normal) plans for this summer. I created a Zetaboard forum, and I'm going to host an RP there that I've had in my head for about half a year now. It's about a sentient planet that gets knocked out cold by an asteroid, and begins to wake up again after a long time, and now all the people are wondering what the hell is happening to their home.

Well, I think. Most of this stuff was pulled from thin air, but I'm trying to make something of it. The board is called The Other Side and only a few of my friends have joined. It's very slow because it's so small, but it's not too bad. Before everyone got caught up with school, there was at least one RP post a day, which isn't bad when there's only one RP, I think.

So, I've been carrying around a mini notebook and writing down all my ideas for this RP so I can be organized about it. At the moment though, no one can see the subforum that I'm building the RP in though, because I created password for it, haha.  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:45 pm
Okey guys, I have a topic that might make for some good discussion. smile

I'm having a thought as to what to do about the lack of activity.

Behold R.A.R.P.

R.A.R.P. Stands for Request A Role Play, and is my second phase of the RPR revival plan. smile

This is how R.A.R.P. would work.

You have the head of R.A.R.P. Who would most likely be myself, if only because I don't want to ask anyone to take on this responsibility.
The head has the ability to sign on new people to R.A.R.P. who can help out the community by doing the following. (The head would also do a majority of this work)

Begin Pitch.

Have you ever been in a place where you just really want to write that RP that's been sitting in the back of your head, but you never seem to have time? Have you ever wanted to have your idea heard, but never been able to finish the project? Do you want a fast, simple way of getting your RP set up?
Welcome to R.A.R.P. the first (to my knowledge) RP assist program. The writers at R.A.R.P. are dedicated to getting YOUR RP out there, and doing their best to insure a decent member base.
R.A.R.P. or Request A Role Play, is a program where you, the RP designer, submit a request, and our writers complete the RP for you, exactly to your specifications. Once completed, the writer assigned to your RP will ensure that everything runs smoothly for you, and will be able to assist you with any problems.
R.A.R.P. is not a program where someone else takes over your RP, you will still have total control, you just won't be the one who has to write all of that lengthy intro stuff. Just let our writers know what you want, and we will be able to provide you with an analysis displaying the probability of success, as well as a basic idea of your member likelihood. Still want to go for it even if the numbers are bad? That's fine, we can get you set up with what YOU need, without you having to lift a finger.
So what are you waiting for? Contact a R.A.R.P. rep today!

Ok, so I realize the whole pitch thing is a bit strange, lol. But yea, what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:41 am
*glomps Mirouni*

Where have you been all my life?!?!?!?  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:04 am
If you can get it set up, more power to you.

*tickles neon out of boredom*  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:23 am
Interesting idea, Mirouni. Now, you must set up a RP mimicking the RPR's dire circumstances... I jest.

It is a good idea with pros and cons, but nevertheless an interesting idea.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:31 am
Neo: Either WA or GA, depending on the time frame. biggrin lol *glomp*

Trowa: I'm pretty sure I could manage at least three or four by myself, and once it got going maybe I could get a few people to help out.

SDZ: Yea, the success depends largely on how well the public likes it. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:26 pm
Howdy-do, folks.
Incoming insanity.
You can call me Skie.

Running short on things to say, so, I will finish my tiny introduction with a single word.
Cupcakes.

EDIT: I lied. Commenting on the R.A.R.P. idea above, I believe it to be a wonderful idea. Though before that, I have a RP idea that i'll be putting together sometime in the next week or so.  

-RedSkie-

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:42 pm
Haha. Howdy stranger!  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:32 pm
Welcome Skie!
*welcome glomps*  

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:52 pm
Welcome to the Refuge, Skie! *gluggles and does the Welcome Dance*  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:26 pm
eek supply and demand shoved on an RP ear.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:31 pm
lol question

Is that a good shove or a bad shove oh captain my captain?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games