Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 372 373 374 375 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:42 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:50 pm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:07 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:24 pm

My insurance approved my new medication... kind of.
They won't pay for me to go to my preferred location except within a VERY limited time frame. Not even sure they'll pay for the last appointment at all since it's technically outside their "approval window."
And I am just SO. TIRED. of having to fight for my own health.
Like, I literally should not have to fight so much for my own well-being, it's just absurd to expect a person, especially a sick person, to put in this much effort.
And the services they actually list that they WANT me to use instead of going in to the office I've been using? Some sort of home health bullshit. Like, I have anxiety ********, I don't want a stranger in my HOME. It's bad enough having to go to the strangers for treatment, but to have some unknown person in MY SPACE?
Allegedly there are other options, and for the love of all that is good I hope they include an actual infusion center, but it's hard enough getting them to pay for jack and s**t already, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Honestly, I'm ready to scream, and I'm just exhausted from the whole ordeal.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:22 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:35 am

Queen Spazzy

The craziest part that got annoying quick was the fact that Regina and family waited until it was pitch black outside for bedtime so watching the kids was a thing of when they got up, which for some days was right at 6am with mom whom was preparing to work on her laptop in my bedroom for half the day cause her job sucked and didn't give her the days off even with her telling them she was going to Alabama to run away from her ex-husband Austin.
And what is bad about her job was the company all heard about Austin & his things he done to Regina and the kids which made them say to move away with the kids themselves & how they promised they would give her the days off to prepare to move and also move. (which obviously didn't happen as she was stressed that whole week preparing to move then moved after faking she got extremely sick.)

Aye I know the pain of RV living myself for a tiny bit with just going to a past event of a family reunion as we done it with a group of eight people half of them teenagers which included Regina and her latest boyfriend and her experimental one girlfriend that had her own boyfriend (that's how younger me discovered the LGBTQ+ earlier days as all the teenagers experimented their taste.), apart from them we had my father, my older brother Jim that was the driver of the RV we were driving from Emmett ID all the way up to Montana to a secluded farmhouse owned by my uncle and aunt, my three year older cousin William which went by Willy or Willie however you cared to spell it he didn't care long as you called him that over William for William was his in trouble name, and then you had me as the age of six excited to turn seven soon mostly for I had to correct Willie's bad math as he was saying he was four years older than I was for he was already ten atm.

The trip was a mixed bag mostly for Willy was a bad influence of a cousin so we got into trouble a lot for he would want to do a thing and for my case the wanting to be like an older kid than I was scenario was happening then, so I was monkey see monkey do moments with any elder kid or teenager only issue was I was young and slow for I didn't know what I was doing really, or I felt it was wrong so I was slow then finally done it too as peer pressured by my elder cousin, or for the teenager's case it was they'd only have to say the line "see I told you the kid wouldn't do it." and you know the tale well as we were all kids once.
But what I recall most of all on the trip down to Montana was the facts; I was six nearly seven, and with eight people in one RV with no shower or ac unit for the back with all of us kids the trip was even more Hell as Willy got more chaotic with the situation and I also in a mood would sometimes not follow him into the trouble he caused but then got in trouble for I had a bad six year old in extreme summer time heat and stink tantrum scream attack for I was not wanting to do something, last thing I remember was we had a kid knowledge of how trouble worked; which was any of the teenagers got us into trouble was low grade trouble, and if Jim or my father came out to get you it was the trouble levels of you ducked up. (Willy's biggest duck up was he wasn't saying ducked up like I was at the age we were, but I didn't hear him thankfully so my young self was safe until South Park outbreak took my school and I learnt the actual word used.)

And now for a tale of dumb innocent kid day shares which was my least favorite time back then, but it's my favorite moment now as I'm an adult; I recall most of all for it's hilarious as you can still see it happen now as an adult with the kids of today, There was those moments of six year old me being upset and confused as to why Willy had to eat soap and I didn't for saying we ducked up, so I got all butt hurt about not being force fed soap myself so I would go run away in a crying fit back to my bed in the RV to pull the dumbest tantrum ever any kid can toss as I would then tell my one overly beloved toy that had to always sit outside of the toy box we brought along all about my hard as hard gets child problems.
The only other most hilarious innocent kid moment was kid me not getting the overly filthy sex joke of a hot dog and donut so I thought actual food only and waited for my moment to shine and show the boyfriend of Regina's I too can put my hot dog in her donut as when we had our meal break time I shoved my hot dog into the donut on Regina's plate and got all smart kid like "See I can do it too!" while my just as innocent elder cousin hyped it all up like we just did something amazing. (I love and miss all those days of innocence we had as kids, it was a great time. xd )

I'm also strict on apps on my phone as just alike I mainly also try to avoid the overly hyped to make you pay them apps. (mainly done so cause of Regina's bunch.) the annoying downside of my crap cellphone is the fact that some apps on it do not say anything about the RLC case until after you're in the app & with any cellphone most the app games are always a cash grabber & the damn kid's games apps are the worse cash grabbers. (I will make Peppa pig into today's dish for how bad some of her app games are!!! *the irony is we're having a pork roast today for dinner.* But to explain myself on that mood; we got one decent little kid game for the toddler to play as he was bailing his eyes out about no games for like always eldest kids hogged games when they were given games, and the dang little piglet wanted $5.99 not for unlocking every other level of games {which all together was twenty levels in all.} but it was $5.99 just for one AND ONLY ONE extra level of the extra 20, and I do not feel up to spending like $120 plus for some apps like to tax you.)

I wont lie I keep avoiding walking to the old house and I 100% blame the nerves of seeing overly made changes of not seeing it for years; Cause we fixed it up for the new person in 2019 whom later sold it back to the city so I got a few years of not seeing it, and I wont lie our city is awful so it wouldn't shock me to go and see nothing there anymore as they torn it down. (And that's what I fear most of all tbh cause I want there to be something there at least at most for a worse case scenario, I'd prefer we kept the old place up as was for it's memories & most of my life atm memories to boot.)

idk if it's passed by now or is happening atm, but all same I hope you all enjoy the family hike together.
(I love doing family stuff together as a family for my reasons. most of which being we ain't close people, being a heavy introverted family group with me having the dreaded curse of being the mixed bag of introverted to a degree but also seeking companionship if people doing things, which is just like my year older nephew Travis & roommate/tenant Nathan but the downside is I'm not seen as so due to my introverted side making me keep inside most all days, so they'll head out place together & I'll be here all like "cool wish I had the invite but I'll keep home again..." then I'll turn on our plex streaming service or go do something in the house as I will not leave these getting worse behavior cats alone to go walk the dog anymore with no others in the house that I would have locked up leaving to walk the dog so there is no fear of theft.)

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:55 am

Queen Spazzy
My insurance approved my new medication... kind of.
They won't pay for me to go to my preferred location except within a VERY limited time frame. Not even sure they'll pay for the last appointment at all since it's technically outside their "approval window."
And I am just SO. TIRED. of having to fight for my own health.
Like, I literally should not have to fight so much for my own well-being, it's just absurd to expect a person, especially a sick person, to put in this much effort.
And the services they actually list that they WANT me to use instead of going in to the office I've been using? Some sort of home health bullshit. Like, I have anxiety ********, I don't want a stranger in my HOME. It's bad enough having to go to the strangers for treatment, but to have some unknown person in MY SPACE?
Allegedly there are other options, and for the love of all that is good I hope they include an actual infusion center, but it's hard enough getting them to pay for jack and s**t already, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Honestly, I'm ready to scream, and I'm just exhausted from the whole ordeal.

I will not lie when kids let alone teens ask me randomly about what being an adult is like I want to say "let me explain to you why adults love to enjoy alcohol, play extremely violent video games, use plenty of bad words, and then after all of that allow me to proceed to share a powerful banshee scream that may kill one of you as your ear drums explode for we're all stressed out and anxious from life's worst bullshit, and if you magically kept alive after all that I'll explain the pain of adulting actually." then proceed to actually show the ones whom lived from the ear drum burst scream the pains of adulting by showing them our bills, how much taxes are for different prices of things, setting up a needed phone call with the speaker on, and more of life's worst moments that is safe for kids.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:51 pm

Tobi Kaito

Oof, surprise children at six a.m. would be QUITE the wake up call. And then to have bedtime not be until, what, nine or ten in the evening? I'd be practically dead after just one day of that. cat_lol
Really hate the liberties companies feel entitled to take with employees, honestly. You always have to get promises in writing or they'll take advantage of you every time, I swear. It's especially low when they know the situation and that it's such a long distance move with so many children to wrangle. Hope the move goes well for them, though, and everyone stays safe, happy, and healthy!

My ma and I lived in a camper for a good couple of years when we moved to be closer to her family (and further from my father), it's certainly an experience. Not that it was particularly any worse than three adults, a teenager, two children, and a baby, plus three dogs and two cats, all living in a three bed, two bath home. Oh, and a deer, we had a tame deer that hung out in the house sometimes, she loved those cheap cream-filled wafer cookies. And then the times we also had an extra two, three adults and a few extra children staying for a while (my uncle's in-laws). It would have gotten hectic fast regardless, but the fact that the in-laws hated me and my mother and were ready to start childish fights over literally ANYTHING meant my mother and I ended up kicked out of the house a lot when they were around...
(They even literally locked me out of the house once, knowing I didn't have a key (we lived in the boonies and were kin to or friends with literally everyone on the hill, so the door was never locked). I had to fight my way through the sliding door, which was hard to open from the outside, and may not have had steps in front of it, though I'm not sure about that part. And THEN they had the audacity to whine about the noise of my bedroom door, which was busted and didn't fit in the frame properly and could not be opened or closed without making noise. There was a screaming match between them and my ma, and I wound up having to call my boyfriend to pick me up and take me to his place to chill with his 'rents, otherwise things would have come to blows.)

I've always been too afraid of consequences to do anything that could get me in trouble, unless I was SURE I could get away with it. >>; My cousins were also too afraid of consequences to get into much trouble, either, so we weren't too much of a handful overall, but I know we annoyed the older cousin a lot, especially during... certain times of the month, because she was a teenager already, but we weren't even in middle school yet and didn't understand why she wanted nothing to do with us or anything else for a few days out of every month. c': Plus my grandpa, bless him, didn't really know what to do with a handful of kids running around the place. We were good at amusing ourselves most of the time, at least. Books and an SNES go a long way with dorky nerd kids.

Ahhh, you're right, I can definitely see those things happening still! Especially the hot dog bit, I can see my younger cousins doing something like that and being completely unaware of the dirty joke. Just picturing it, it's hilarious.

I'm not alone! I always feel like I'm the only person that's strict about what I put on my phone, so many people will just download whatever and not read any details or anything, and then they get super surprised by how slow their phones are or how weirdly pointed the ads are or whatever.
And kids' games really are terrible about being cash-grabby. And if you don't have your settings right, it's SO easy to wind up with surprise charges from children who don't know any better. They do it like that on purpose, I'm convinced. Because buying the toys and giving them ad revenue just isn't enough, they have to go and do scummy things like that. I hate how predatory these devs and companies are, it's gross.

It hasn't passed yet! Still have a couple months, actually, the fam isn't due to visit until August. Which is good news, honestly, hopefully this new med works and I'll have actual energy again by the time they visit. I'd not be a very fun companion currently, I'm so worn down from everything, just keeping up with household chores and going to the library every couple of weeks is about all I can handle.

The curse of the family- and friend-oriented introvert! My social battery is extremely limited, but it's still nice to get invited, to know people are still thinking about you and want you involved even if you're not up for going out. (Or, in some cases, can't afford to go out. My mom and I have made this complaint about our blood kin a lot. They wouldn't invite us to do anything because "well, you couldn't afford to go anyway," and it's really insulting, and rather a downer. Like we're too dirty or not good enough to be worth their time to even invite.) It's not like it hurts anyone to invite a person and have them say no, anyway, so I don't get why people have to be like this.

I really wish people would actually teach some of those adulting things. Like taxes and loans and how to deal with insurance companies. Way more useful than sex ed, honestly, and I had to sit through... four, five different classes on that? Like, it's sex, and it makes babies, and STIs suck so use a condom or have your partner(s) tested, I didn't need a class about it every year for five years, and DEFINITELY didn't need to learn about my reproductive organs so many times, I had already experienced that garbage before my first sex ed class, didn't need to hear about it more than once. Time would have been much better spent learning how to read cell phone and utility bills, and phrases to watch out for in legally binding contracts like a lease agreement.

(I did get a tidbit of good news from my insurance, though; I got another letter about the approval window and it includes the date of my last appointment, so I don't have to worry about how to pay for that at least.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:51 am

Queen Spazzy

The saddest news to share is Emmett Idaho is a desert town so some days of their days spent over it was more like midnight or later. (which is absolute hell specially when younger kids get cranky being up so long.)
Thankfully they got there all fine we heard earlier, downside their place for atm has a bug issue and loads of clean up to do which was unsuspected and unwanted for they're atm crashing at the spare home of Mike's sister which promised them a decent place, and on arrival they got my house after a whole day with the army of kids aka armies of dirty dishes in the sink to wash beddings to move back into rooms or wash (which you can guess why for my case of that with the whole little kids and late night up moments.) but overall they had a lot of stuff to clean the first day they arrived, then they discovered bug issues, but overall they're happy to got there safe and sound still add on being so far away from Regina's ex-husband.

And we're all proud that even Mike's family knows the values of Regina's ex-husband rule, which is he tries getting too near them shoot on sight for he abused Regina and all the kids in many ways and we do not need those issues haunting them again, for it's rough alone to tell the 13 year old whom keeps getting bad nightmares she'd run into the home here, why she's experiencing said nightmares, and explaining how we're all going to do our grandest to protect them all. And that's mainly for the victim mentality issues a kid gets where they have that stuff happen and they're scared but same time they wonder if it is their fault they got treated as so, when it's 100% Austin was being a Hell bound to a special kind of Hell waste of a unwanted demon being using a Earthling body kind of person doing all he done. (we're still getting the kiddos to speak up against Austin's BS to help get the world to put Austin in his proper place; Actual Azkaban prison as the only muggle so the magic folk take turns to more crime attacking the muggle if not the dementors end up ending him down there. (Which just translates to a reality speak of maximum security prison he can never escape, but I like to tell all the nerdy kiddos like us nerdy adults he's going to Azkaban prison for that's maximum maximum security to them and makes them all feel better plus laugh thinking of a muggle being so bad he goes to wizard jail.)

Honestly it upset a lot of us hearing how Regina's workplace was being, I even was heated enough to say "They call me magically I'm be blunt and just say it as it was; Your workplace: 'Did Regina actually get sick?' Me: 'Yeah, she got so sick of your lying to her BS she got a massive verbal diarrhea attack, which got only worse when she was closing in onto Thursday the day they originally planned to move and told you about many many times happening. In fact it was so bad I was cleaning the verbal diarrhea out of the little kids she has mouths every once in a while for they had bad cases of verbal diarrhea themselves, and sadly I'm ending the call here for I got a nasty case coming around which I don't want you hearing if I stay on for it's some nasty stuff you may catch it through the phone call yourselves.' which my retort of that made Regina comment; 'Oddly I feel you would and that would be hilarious to actually be around for if they called you magically.'

My childhood times when it came to trouble causing went I was grand of keeping out of trouble long as it wasn't my father asking if I caused any for with him I was brutally honest on what I did for you do not mess with a father with the anger of his ancestors from Germany and Ireland mixed for he had a full Irish father and a German/Irish mother. Needless to say I also got brutally honest with my Grandpa and Grandma on my father's side for they were the Irish and German group of "If you lie to our face you die twice as much with punishment." So to make kid me fully confess my crimes you needed my father or his parents to come out and ask me with a parental tone "Are you lying to us now? For if you are, are you fully prepared for the consequences when we find out?" Which the consequences always were if you did a punishable crime that was even just a short time out even for like say five minutes in the corner, if you were caught lying to them about it that would find yourself bare bottomed and beat for a solid episode of a cartoon with a belt or hair brush if grandma then sent to time out for as long as you were strongly crying until they called you over and asked you again, and they repeat the process until you finally broke and told the full honest truth.
So in reality I was awful and lied to others out my own arse a lot, but soon as those three came to ask it was "Nope forget trying to lie I'm going to tell the full truth now or else that's happening!"
(So reality was for that trip I mostly only got in trouble for my father was around and asked what did we really do to me then said his line about lies. And as for misbehaving anywhere my grandparents of my father were around you had the "forget that!" version of me for I was not going to risk upsetting the both of them and getting a cane spanking if anyone of us many troublemakers got caught in the act, for my family was awful and full of kids whom never did the code of kids with if caught protect the others all you can at all cost until you can't for they're killing you.)

Aye the invite pain of they wont invite for you got no money, half the time it's a case of they don't go to a place you got to spend money so you're all "Well wtf why did you not invite me then!?" and it's even more insulting, makes my dark side come around to being all "Well just wait for me to go above you one day where I'm doing fully well off and all of you are not, and then I start to never invite you all to stuff I go doing myself & we'll see whom is happy then?!" (My thought is many will accuse my Slytherin sorting for making me be cruel, but I'm going to be all "No. No! No!! NO!!! My sorting into Slytherin aka to many as the house of evil jerks had nothing to do with this! You all brought it out by doing the same exact same thing to me years ago remember!?" & if I got to I will make and bring out a times I wasn't even invited to things for I was struggling in life atm chart.

I wont lie with sex ed. I was all "Cool you taught me what I needed the first time about the changes I'm going through and what wet dreams are when I was like ten in my life that was all grand and fine, every thing else I already knew about via my horribly brutal lessons family that was all "Now you're hitting puberty here's all you must know about the female side, and all the dangers of STDs & how to protect you both from them." So I learnt all I needed then. xp
(And thanks to my family my SFW wet dreams became more NSFW wet dreams.)

And then thanks to having friends older than me for most of them (with most being just like one or two years older really.), in time they all showed me the dubious sides of the internet with places they knew of and just like most pre-teen and teenage boys; I obviously kept those as hidden to myself as I could and explored them in time when I was ready to all when the guardians of me were all out of the house for long hours, or dead asleep in the middle of the night for we were all different levels of perverted youths.

Well stinks they're slow some to do, but I'm glad to hear you got notice from them on payment for your needed medicines as that makes life a lot better somewhat, mainly only in regards to knowing it's all paid for hopefully.
(I'm sorry to say I do not trust them 100% still being me but that's mainly having dealt with the VA stuff for my father back then.)

Also I wont lie I feel great some on some things for I got a crash course in life skills caring for my father with Alzheimer's back then some, but even with that it never really truly feels like it was enough for me, specially since atm I'm not much money case and living off help from my year older nephew paying things off as I await an income to come again, or even for a job I can do and would like to do to just magically one day appear for me to take it. xp
(I have the mood of the Carny lady in charge of the muscle test mini game in the video game Bully that says the over used quote of "Don't mind me, life's been hard." for I get it as an adult soon hitting 30 come July & having had all my past life things and now these current issues of life.)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:25 pm

Tobi Kaito

Oh, wow, and I thought summer days where I am were long with the sun not setting until after nine on clear days. cat_lol (And our winter days are short, gets dark by about 5 p.m., but I digress.) I'd probably be trying to talk the kids into napping with me at that point, I'd just be wandering around like a zombie.
Glad they arrived safely! Hopefully the pest problem gets sorted out quickly and easily. I know how much of a hassle bug problems can be. (I've run the gamut of them, honestly. Bed bugs, roaches of two different varieties, a surprising number of spiders (though I consider the spiders beneficial and don't really complain about them). Bugs are worse than rodents, honestly, harder to be rid of them.) Still, better than mold damage by a mile, I'd say, so at least there's that?

Honestly, calling an abuser a demon seems insulting to the demons. They're never so creatively malicious as the average human variety of monster. I hope there's a special place in some afterlife for them so they can know what their victims felt. Abusers are among the lowest rung of humanity, in my opinion. I am very entertained by the thought of a muggle so bad they wind up in wizard jail, though.

I'd love to be able to listen in on that call, too, it would be sure to be comedic gold. As it is, I'll just have to remain entertained by being my beau's excuse to get out of people trying to fob their shifts off on him for no good reason. Who knew a chronic illness could be so useful. "Wife's sick, I'm going home to take care of her" is, technically, one hundred percent true on any given day.

I've always been garbage at lying, plus I've no siblings, so if something went wrong, I was the only culprit available. cat_sweatdrop It's hard to get away with things that a human clearly had to have done with no other human around to blame. Though I have been able to, truthfully, use the "dog ate my homework" excuse (I still had the dog slobbery remains). I was incredibly upset about it, too, I liked schoolwork. I was also prone to ugly sobbing whenever I did something wrong, even something little like forgetting to get my mom to sign something for school, so I was honestly my own biggest give away. (It terrified teachers how I would just start bawling the instant I thought I had done something wrong. I would regularly injure myself on the playground, splitting my lip or scraping hands, knees, shoulders, bloodying my nose, and I wouldn't say boo about it, would generally have to be forced to accept aid for injuries, but the mere thought that I was going to get in trouble and I would dissolve into a puddle of weeping child.) My mother being disappointed or my being forced to apologize were the worst punishments for me. My father was always threatening to whip me (and would do so for the most banal infractions), corporal punishment lost its luster pretty early. But having to apologize? The worst, because I didn't believe in apologizing unless I MEANT it, so getting me to say sorry was like pulling teeth most of the time. ("Sorry? Yeah, I'm sorry. Sorry you're such a twit" was definitely part of my inner monologue by the time I hit middle school.)
My cousins and I wouldn't play the blame game, either. Because whoever was doing the blaming would be in just as much trouble as the others. So if we were going down, we all went down together. (It was generally just two of us, I only have one cousin that's within a year of my own age, so we had to go down together regardless, better to just suck it up and get it over with than drag it out.)

Oh, so you mean like me banning my aunties dearest from staying with me where I live? cat_lol Their kids are welcome to visit me any time, but I refuse to give the aunts a free place to stay. I'm such a cold-hearted little witch. I consider it karmic justice for all the times they refused to invite my mother and myself to anything, and the times when we still lived elsewhere and they only invited us so they could use our home as a free resting point on the way.

I lived in the south when I was of age for most of my forced sex ed classes, so our "sex" ed was worthless, it was literally just abstinence until marriage propaganda. We all learned more from library books and fanfiction on the web than we did from middle school sex ed. My mom never really bothered to have a Talk with me about sex (probably assuming, correctly, that I knew all I really needed from books and friends, plus the fact that I didn't have a serious S.O. until I was nearly sixteen meant it just wasn't really on the priority list of things to talk about). We didn't even really discuss Womanly Things except for when I needed something bought for me from the store (or to warn her about laundry stains). My ma and I are a big pile of awkward now that I'm really thinking about it, but it worked for us, so whatever, right?

Hah, yeah, I trust my insurance about as far as I can throw them (and I'm fairly certain throwing a whole company is an impossible feat), but knowing these scheduled visits are covered is a load off. I know for sure they're going to try to wiggle out of as much as they can, though, since I've already hit my deductible for the year, which means fighting them on everything for the rest of the year is inevitable. My beau usually handles that since I can barely manage to call my own mom without vomiting from anxiety. cat_sweatdrop He's been fighting with them all year for me, he's a treasure, honestly.

My mom was pretty good about teaching me the basics. I knew how to take care of all the household chores by age ten, and knew how to make a budget and plan out expenses. I'm a garbage cook, but she made sure I knew how to do that, too. We had a couple of "life skills" courses in high school that weren't complete garbage, taught us how to do job applications, interviews, write checks, balance a checkbook, all that mundane day-to-day stuff. Then we hit college and got to learn through experience about the wide world of utilities and renting. Still wish someone would hand me the secret keys to successfully dealing with health insurance, though. Don't have that figured out just yet, clearly. emotion_skull

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:18 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:18 am

Queen Spazzy

As an honoree demon myself (cause of your TTRPG where you can play one named as so for it's called simply Demon. And it's a fun TTRPG to play as you can decide if to be full evil or try the redemption arc path.) I feel a mix of fine saying Regina's ex-husband is a bit of demon, but also do not. (And honestly I just use the words others go calling him so I'll say he's an abuser (like regina says), a monster (older kids), a demon (younger kids), & or even an offender (what police say) for I'm just that lazy or human-like I guess idk what to call it out as.)

Being fair I did try to make them "nap" around then with me, but the kids being up for so long loved to fight staying asleep, or the parents magically would come back in then scream at the kids to keep awake until later when they'll all go to bed; So I just gave up trying after all of that happening for why try making them nap or sleep at all if the parents will come and be all "WAKE UP!!!" at them.

The adult favorite thing to tell the kids of Regina's is how our generations of growing up was awful compared to their cake walk, mostly for it's hilarious to see their expressions of how our lives were so difficult simply because of different beliefs for parenting back then.

I wont lie my time growing up with Regina when she was my teenage babysitter I pretty much went learning to cook some meals then, and of course by eleven I was starting to help out around the house more to aide my father, with by the time I was a high school drop out being the maximum I could do helping out with things.

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:26 pm

Tobi Kaito

Ah, I generally use the biblical demons as my reference point, and they're really not creative. (Most true demons in D&D, my other big reference point, aren't that creative, either, being lawful evil and all that.) Humans have them beat by far in creative ways to do Bad Things. I do have a bunch of alternative words for people like that, but none should be used in polite company. cat_lol Maybe I should take a page from Mexican insults and call them egg-suckers...

What... What kind of parents don't want their kids to nap? My parents would have probably cried tears of joy if I had been a napping sort of child. (I was not, though, even enforced nap time in kindergarten and pre-k was torture for me.) I mean, if they're up until basically midnight anyway, an afternoon nap is really not going to hurt, so I don't get it...

Yeah, parenting is way different these days. I like the progress, though, like encouraging kids to feel their feelings instead of trying to force them to bottle it up and being somehow shocked when the kid, being a kid, eventually explodes over something. Plus there's a lot more acceptance around the lgbtqia+ spectrum. We still have a lot of progress to make on that front, of course, but it's easier to be open about it these days, even if legislature is still hostile garbage to anyone who isn't cishet.

My mom just wanted to make sure I could function when left alone at home. (Because even when my father was home, I might as well have been home alone, he worked nights and was basically never awake during the day. Unless I was in "trouble," he pretty much ignored me most of his waking hours, too.) Even taught me how to put out kitchen fires since no one trusts me with a hot stove, or fire in general, even now. (Surprisingly useful skill in adulthood when you accidentally set something in your oven on fire while trying to get it to self clean... Self-cleaning ovens are not my friends.) I had a long stint in high school where I was in charge of taking care of the house while my mom recovered from surgery, that was an adventure. Though I can't drive, so we still had to have someone help us with the shopping. I did turn out to be a fairly functional adult, I think, so long as social interactions aren't involved.
(As soon as a social interaction is required, all semblance of "functional" is out the window.)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:21 pm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:49 pm

Decided to look at GIFs of Keanu Reeves for funsies.
There are some real gems out there, he's apparently quite GIF-able.
It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 372 373 374 375 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games