Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:07 pm
Not really, although I have been pulled into a game or three. I'm no expert on it, that's for certain.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:23 pm
Hello my loverlies.

It has been a rather insane weekend for me, so I am sorry for not getting back to you earlier Kara. But a blurb is perfectly acceptable for the main page.

And a very warm welcom to Nichole and Gabriel. My name is Remy and I am the Vice Captain here. I am 17 and a Senior in high school. So since it is the school year I am not insanely active like in the summer, but I do try and check in everyday.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Gabryl-Kaine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:23 pm
Aah, well I'm kindof the pathetic opposite of yourself - Unable to find a game to save my life, yet I've read most of th books front to back *sigh* woe is me. sweatdrop Alright, moment of self pity over.

So what are your preferences for D&D? Class, race, alignment? 4E etc...?

Tak-Jak: Thanks for the warm welcome - and I completely understand. (I spent far too much time here last year when I should have been working on, you know English essays and the like.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 pm
D: My sympathies - that was me until, oh, last year where all RPGs were concerned.

I tend to play around a bit, but True Neutral illusionists entertain me a little more than is perhaps healthy. I like some parts of the 4th edition, but as I said, uhm, grids can be problematic and perhaps excessive at times. I think that was my main issue with it, everything else was just niggles, which are rather a fact of gaming.  

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:50 pm
Speaking of papers.. I have an 8 page paper due Wednesday.
It is currently 3 sentences long.

Plus college applications and a stupid personal fitness course that I need to take afterschool to graduate. (I am captain of the soccer team and cross country team yet they are making me take a personal fitness class rantraveblahblahblah)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:45 pm
Welcome Nichole and Gabe!

Nichole, if I spell your name wrong, please forgive me, as my middle name is Nicole. So I'm used to spelling it differently.

I'm glad to see new guild members!

Ugggh. So I finally finished my 4-year course plan. For the rest of my college life I'm taking 17-hour semesters. YAAAAYDIE.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Gabryl-Kaine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:04 pm
Spastic (Nicole) Waffles: Ouch. just...ouch. I must say that makes feel better about my hotel night shifts (presently sitting at the front desk btw) at least I get paid for those...

Remy: Ooooh but some of the best writing comes last minute - when crunch time came last year, I pushed 6 essays in about 4 days and they were some of the best I've written...go figure... xp

What is the paper on?

D e s d e m o n o: (do you have a preferred abbreviation? Otherwise I may make one up razz ) I see where you're coming from on the grids thing - they're kindof making it D&D Tactics! as opposed to roleplaying...

Aaah Illiusionists...good times...I personally go for the dual wielding/swashbuckling type. In 3.5 I had a char with two Thinblades (rapier-like thingies) who could crit on an 12-20. Too bad the DM set us against undead and constructs all the time.... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:57 am
I call her Des, since D is already taken xp

The paper is on Catcher in the Rye, I am taking a mythological/archetypical standpoint on it... as opposed to the generally easy sociological or feminist views.. (if you read any of my work be sure to have some familiarty with mythology if you want meaning.. xd but you could always breakout wikipedia)  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Gabryl-Kaine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:02 pm
I'll probably understand mythological better than anything else, so its all good wink I out-mythed my prof in Comparative civilizations mythology unit. Although to be honest I haven't read Catcher... so I probably would be a little set back by that.

Good luck on it though~  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:42 pm
There is very little to draw on mythologically from the Catcher, that is why I like the challenge. I pull in alot of archetypes too, just to push things along.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Gabryl-Kaine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:51 pm
Aah - sounds very interesting (maybe you should post it up here when you're done razz ) Although I don't know if there is an Essays section...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:47 am
I'm a Chaotic Good Halfling Bard.
I play 2nd Edition.
I also climb on the backs of my comrades and my skill is singing.

How are you new person named Gabe?
I'm old person named Zahmen.  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

Lucian Aithine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:37 pm
WELCOME!!!!! I reveal myself as a female in male form. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:28 am
Hello!

Old person named Zahmen: I'm well, thanks - Glad to see another player is among us. By the way - I've read some of your stuff (Origin and Winter) and I really enjoyed them both. Very well written and kind of visceral. Excellent.

Lucian: Aah, I suspected as much...(I was more than a little confused while reading Aithine earlier as to who's story it was exactly. I had suspicions that you were one and the same, but I wasn't sure. xp Then again, I was reading at about 1 in the morning, after getting home from work, so my brain power was significantly less than its usual formidable capacity. (I R stoopid when I tired. razz ) As a completely unrelated aside - I would naturally pronounce Lucian name "correctly" razz it just sounds better.

Thank you all for the welcome. I WILL be getting around to actually contributing soon - probably tomorrow (day off) I'll get some of what I have typed up and posted. We'll see how that goes (and I hope you all like it sweatdrop )  

Gabryl-Kaine

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:53 am
*Reads detailed D&D discussion*
*blinks*
I didn't understand a word of that, but it sounds fun! (wierdly enough, I'm usually better at games the more confused I am razz )

'Lucian': Stop trying to confuse people.

Oh, and in reference to the comment waay back (yeah, I've been studying like the damned lately) - yes, I am English. And, no, Manchester is not in Devon. 'Cities' in Devon are practialyy non existant or near to being pitiful. Manchester isn't. To be precise - it's North West England...just type it into google. You'll see.
Still, at least that's remotely as bad as British people asking me where Devon is... *sigh*  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games