Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 369 370 371 372 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I want to shout this at people a lot.
Words to live by, honestly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:37 pm
Basically me IRL.
The librarians all know me at this point, that's how much I'm in the library.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:22 pm
It's kind of weird how far down you have to scroll to find this version of this GIF as opposed to one with words added to it...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:13 am
Queen Spazzy

With what I read in the bible it's held in my mind that demons aren't all so awful otherworldly beings, just due to there being like that in the Christianity's views of them (being highly destructive beings that want all of humanity dead/corrupted/chaotic/suffering.) it gives them all a bad name cause some bad apples ruin the batch, meanwhile others are actually just chill beings wanting to live their lives their own way.
I would assume most are just upset about the great war between L. vs. G. as G. destroyed many creations of his angels which went upsetting them for their creations were not part of G's big plan so seeing their father/boss destroy their work (like most children.) they got upset and fought with their father. (Which for them was a huge thousand year bloodbath battle that caused death for many mortals.) Then we have to add in getting tossed into the pits of the netherworld/underworld (whichever your religion called it, with some that called it either one when speaking.) and it makes some sense that demons got some issues being tossed into a all pitch black darkness even they couldn't see around in left to nothing but their own mind and one another.

Honestly when it comes to my niece and her new husband Mike being parents I have no idea what is up with their logic, and it saddens me they toss their beliefs onto the kids so the girls and Aaron all think anything their parents if not just one dislikes they have to also dislike it highly, if they're not outright banned from it. (Most of the kids were wanting the little ones to nap or even sleep by 10pm as they were annoyed with the tantrums & like me they also got upset that Mabel was allowed to sleep, but Aaron whom is only just a couple years older than Mabel has to keep up.)
I'd say do things like our parents' did but their parenting methods would drive many of the new age parents of times now (which ironically contains our peers.) wild given the numerous things they do different with ideals of spanking, when it's bedtime, shows to watch or not, what to drink and not, and etc. for each group of people alive has had parents with similar and much different views.
Like my father, and older half-siblings all being cool with leaving me there alone with my drunk uncles whom allowed their own kids to drink quite young, meanwhile I was the case of I knew if I ever touched any alcohol I was going to die for it.

Families now would most likely not wanting any chance of that to happen ignore the household, with some being so picky as to never have them around even the few whom joke about sharing it and go saying it taste like poopoo delicious poopoo. (How me, my nephew, and Nathan all behaved around the youngest kids that seen anyone having any alcohol so they detoured from wanting any anymore and thought us weird.) But in my head it's best to be weird and drinking a "poop flavored drink" then being like my always drunk uncles whom would say it's good stuff made by the gods and try pushing it onto you when you're only about three.  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:50 pm
Tobi Kaito

I mean, for most demons, they simply are what they were made (changed) to be. They don't really have a CHOICE about how they are. Humans, though, well, we have that whole "free will" thing, so it's always a choice to do Bad Things. That's how I read it, anyway, I'm sure there are other interpretations out there.

That all sounds... really backwards. I mean, I don't have kids, don't even watch any children anymore because my godkids and cousins are all REALLY far away now, so I have no horse in the parenting race, really, but ... I'm pretty sure that's now Good Parenting works. It's not how I'd treat my godchildren, at any rate. When there are multiple kids, they need to receive similar treatment and attention, otherwise you end up with, well, kids like one of my aunts has; the youngest has been coddled his whole life, the oldest is a spoiled, self-centered brat who thinks no rules apply to him, and the middle child was in trouble for everything even when he had nothing to do with it, and eventually sought out trouble because it was the only way to get attention. (Astoundingly, the middle child has actually turned out to be a good person, he's the only one of the three that my beau likes. I'll chalk it up to my mother being better at raising them than my aunt since we watched them on the daily for years.)
I follow most of my mom's tenets when it comes to kids, though I suppose she was pretty progressive as a parent, making kids hug it out, or talk it out and apologize has always been her go-to. Also being made to simply sit and not being allowed to play. There seems to be no better punishment than that for younger children.

My family is the sort that says they're having juice or something so they can just give the kids juice when they want to "drink with the adults." I remember we used to buy sparkling grape juice for holidays so all of the kids could feel like they were having grown-up drinks, too, since it always comes in the fancy bottle. I don't remember my fam being heavy drinkers when I was younger, but boy can my aunts get soused at holiday parties these days... Maybe because all of their kids are adults, or nearly adults now? I dunno, I'm just always the token sober adult, and it's not even because I'm a designated driver or anything. =w=;

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:23 pm
I love Puddingway.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:08 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:43 pm
Queen Spazzy

Aye all humans have the free will, and sadly a good sum pick to be awful with it from how things seem most times.
But I'm also a kind of salty person having dealt with a bad tenant/roommate whom wanted to be beside me 24/7 but didn't want me around him for things he done, add on he would tell me when asked about rent payment that it'd be wiser to let my house go under then be sold by the bank or state so he could buy it then allow me to live in it paying him rent instead, and to top off the turd of that old roomy/tenant he would stay up late on my game console snacking on things the whole time then wake up the next morning and go blame me for eating all he ate, then when that roomy/tenant got booted out of here he ran off to my so called best friend whom betrayed me cause turned out even after years of friendship spending summers together and hanging out a lot telling each other our secrets/dreams/ambitions he was really the whole time a so called best friend that'll listen to me always really so in the late of 2019/early 2020 just a few months after my father passed away that "friend" sided with the old roomy/tenant, attempted to insult & mock me for existing, rubbed his ego all over the place proving he sees himself as the Main Character with all other people on this planet as useless NPCs, and to make it more annoying just because I told him off on his behavior being toxic itself as he tried to say I was being toxic for kicking my old tenant/roommate out {even after all those text I sent him about the troubles for ages with trying to make the exact same roomy/tenant pay rent & all that got said.} my so called pal went and got his parents to hate my guts highly for he disliked me for calling his actions all out for I finally snapped out of being the overly kind friend and became the brutal honest one towards him for all his previous couple of years before then huge red flag mistakes that should've had us all ditching him a long time ago, but we were all too nice for we wanted him to be a decent person & for others he was the little or older brother of them. {Since two of my other friends are his siblings.}

Thankfully today I'm not super hated by at least one Morgan parent as Mr. Morgan seemed to be cool with me being around my own home when he came down to hang out with his son Nathan while they both were waiting for Mrs. Morgan & That one ex-friend to get back from their camping trip and unlock the house for they won't let Mr. Morgan have a copy of the house keys. (Honestly the Morgan home life is falling apart quickly from what I recall it being growing up.)
And if I'm honest about it all all the BS of things ex-friend has been doing recently makes me want to join in on beating him up the day all of his older siblings decide they're done with his antics & it's highly because Mr. Morgan was diagnosed with having Alzheimer's himself and instead of being helpful for his father in those times ex-friend is instead being a huge Bully by dumping on anything Mr. Morgan suggest, getting Mrs. Morgan to join him on dumping on things Mr. Morgan suggest, actively hitting his father, creeping on his mentally disabled cousin that's still a child simply for she can't tell he's being a creep so now Nathan is eagle eyes watchful when down there and their special needs cousin is also down there for he doesn't want her dealing with all that nasty stuff.
(The Morgan household is just so downhill as late from news I hear from Nathan venting out about it all that I feel bad Amanda is even being close by them in her own private RV, which made us offer her coming over here to escape for good reasons. I do not want ex-friend being horrible towards her for having "ran away" from him by going to art college for one and two none of us really want to be close to ex-friend unless we're trapped in a way when near him. example: faire rides, classes in town, town events, etc. stuff & for his siblings obvious ones of family gatherings and etc.)

Add on around 2020 - 2023 is my niece Regina escaping her ex-husband stuff my outlook on people is kind of shot a lot into the thought "Lots of people are just awful anymore, and good people don't exist at all." Which I know isn't true for I got good people around me in my home now, add on I try to be a good person always, and I know of other good people around town too that is my family members and other friends.

Just you know the many many many bad news of actions of the few abandoned now by all like ex-friend, my ex-tenant/roomy having some pop ins here and there of bad actions he done, & the new found actions of Mrs. Morgan towards her own husband Mr. Morgan in his condition of having Alzheimer's. And the add on of my past with having had an Alzheimer's having family member that I was around a lot and tried to help always best I could do... it's just rough keeping on seeing the kindness in people now. gonk
(And if I'm honest caring for my Alzheimer's having father alone as the youngest kid made most people look awful to me, as there I am being only eighteen, dropping out of school to go doing all I can manage while my older siblings lived their lives, and my father's home nurse that was suppose to be around wasn't around simply for she was waiting for her job to pay her more to do it even.)

Honest there is plenty of my past experiences that ruin people for me, but going over it all would be long, so focusing main bits that ruined people for me it's seeing actions of others with my father having Alzheimer's, when my father passed away the ex-tenant/roommate lost his privileges to attend for he made the offshoot comment about how at the funeral it'd be great if we all caught my father "self-loving" himself so we would know he was still alive, honest I should have booted him from this house but past me thought that would be a dumb and shite reason to boot someone from home for good (plus that all was before he started not paying his rent and saying all he did when being being kindly asked to pay it, so it would have just atm been "I want him out of here he said off comments about my deceased father." which sadly for my town meant he could've taken my house from me legally as I unjustly booted him if I did so.), realizing the reason I was 100% ignored by the Morgan parents wasn't cause they didn't see/hear me when I seen them on outings I took for shopping during the harsh covid times but cause they actively hated my guts just cause they were told to hate them, Regina's ex-husband fiasco case, family members of mine whom still give me trouble for my past choice to point I want to scream loudly in many megaphones like in The Simpsons case into their ears "I dropped out for nobody else was taking time out of their lives to help my father out when he was clearly unhealthy, cause everyone decided it was best they live their lives then check dad's life out, but heck you all done it for all of my childhood unless you needed things for your lives, so why should it have been any different!?"

But moving off of my many issues of life... Aye it is backwards sounding, if they allowed all their kids to rest up some it'd be fine in my mind, like I understood having your teenagers keep up later in case of needing them to help out in moving things around before officially going to bed in the RV, but by about 10pm when most times it was too dark to see why make them all keep up except for the youngest baby? That just makes it look to all the kiddos that mom and dad prefer the baby and all the other five kids are not as loved for if they nap or sleep they get in trouble for it, let alone that's an extremely messed up reason to be punished as a child!
"why are you in trouble?" 'I took a nap around midnight instead of staying up to 3am like my parents wanted me to do.'
Sounds way to backwards. xp

As for the drinks we would have said it was juice, and gave the kids juice but we sadly didn't have actual juice around and the parents were being stingy getting themselves juice while the kids got only the water from our fridge here and the little bit of almond milk from breakfast cereal. So Nathan wanting to drink (cause he went to his parent's household and dealt with all that chaos that happens lately.) He got back and had some and went calling it adult juice that is flavored like poopoo so the rest of us in the house mostly went calling it poopoo flavored juice ourselves.
It wasn't until the day they were leaving and heading to Alabama that the kids actually got some flavoring water packet juice, so we just all had juice with adults not driving to Alabama later had adult juice with Mike's Hard Lemonade and Twisted Tea. (Travis and I doing so to relax after caring for six kids when being 0 kids people, and Nathan cause he was dealing with his parent's household cases.)

Life is rough, but it gets better somewhat. emotion_skull

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:14 pm
Tobi Kaito

Yeah, there are... a LOT of garbage humans out there. My beau has worked with plenty of people that are just... terrible. Zero respect, just wanting to use people, wring them dry then toss them out.
Our first landlord was a great example of Bad Human, too. On top of all the bs with having to fight them about not owing them money for repairs, they let our apartment for, like, 50% more than we had already been paying (and if the "repairs" we got out of them in our time there were any indication (read: the only good work we had in the place we had to do ourselves), they would have put a nice veneer on everything but I doubt it was actually fixed properly). And it was a studio. It wasn't even worth what we paid in rent for it. Like, we moved to a two bedroom place and payed less in rent for it than they wanted out of our studio. Wasn't even in a great neighborhood, had a guy try to mug my beau in the parking lot once.
On the other hand, our neighbor there was a nice example of a Good Human. He'd come over and give us food sometimes just because we were younger and he worried about us.

I'm leery of people in general. There are too many people out there that just want to use others for their own benefit, so I'm always on guard. cat_sweatdrop Most of the good people I've known in my life have been friends I made on the internet, actually. Which feels kind of weird, but I guess most of us these days pretty much grow up on the web, so maybe it's just normal?

Okay, yeah, having the older kids up to help out, I get that, one hundred percent. But once the adults stop working, there should be no reason to force the kids to stay up or for them to be in trouble for taking a nap while the adults take a break or whatever. Like, it's not even HEALTHY to make the kids stay up that late and then be up super early in the morning because their mother is up for work. Kids need a LOT of sleep, it's linked to healthy growth, scientifically proven and everything, to short them on sleep is to quite literally rob them of their growth. And, okay, staying up to midnight-ish, I could maybe give them the benefit of the doubt of not wanting any "travel lag" since they're moving up two time zones, but only if the kids were also sleeping late. Which, they weren't, so... But also, if that WERE the case, you need to explain that to the kids so they understand why they need to stay up a bit later for now, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for failure on that front. Ugh, the whole thing just makes my head hurt. cat_xd

I... I don't... How can a person, as the parent, buy themself juice and not let their kids have anything other than water???? That is so messed up, I can't even... Like, I get not wanting to buy much juice, it is more expensive than water, after all, and not wanting them to have a lot or have it late at night or whatever since it's high in sugar and you don't them bouncing off the walls. But to get it for themselves and not share it with their kids, that's just wrong...
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but my brain and heart just absolutely rebel against the whole idea. cat_sweatdrop

Ayyy, I'll toast to that! Things DO get better eventually. I mean, have to put work in for it most of the time, but things aren't always going to be a dumpster fire. Though admittedly sometimes you just have to sit in the flaming dumpster and try to appreciate the little things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:23 pm
Queen Spazzy

I'm glad you had a good neighbor like that down there at your old studio place, always good to have good neighbors which makes me feel mixed down here for we had good people but we also had our share of the worse Karens kind of bad people our last moved and this new one beside us looks to be good but I'm me. (which means I'm highly slow to trust fully & even then I got some time to fully fully put full trust if that makes any sense.)

I'm just as picky, if not worse. imo. cat_xp As stated from my past there was the cases with my dad having Alzheimer's that we found years later started when I was eleven for the professional doctors in the hospital looked into it for us and discovered that. (And for any random readers whom are wondering if I knew ever before then, the answer is; No. Cause for one it started when I was eleven, and secondly I live in a really small town with teachers whom sucked which only means that if any kid "acted up" in any way we lost a whole lesson cause of that one kid and being put in classes full of the talkative kids you can guess how my schooling went. {And why I still feel like an idiot even though there is many whom call me the smart one still.} And cause of that kind of school system my English is shot cause of those jerks that many believe me more foreign than I am, and like a sneaky arse I sometimes let them believe I am for it's easier to talk when they think that and not go thinking "Oh he's stupid." or worse if they're the kind whom go thinking of much worse things to say.)
Though honestly I have been through a lot of bullying for many things about my intelligence, weight, speaking, and text that I just gave up care to defend myself all the time & developed the shrug it off method for they just get worse or continue making themselves look foolish, but sadly when pushed hard by others irl I will at some point spit the Slytherin venom we all secretly got loads of back at the one whom caused my burst out of the wild for perks of being an overly kind person you get many secrets shared to you, so I got deep dirt...

Dirt like I could share all the harsh stuff my ex-friend has done to his mother's lunches for work when she made him lunch, and ruin his ties with her as she thinks he still eats her lunches for work possibly. (really I don't go over to ask her or talk to anyone really for idk the views of me and I don't want to walk over there and risk that illegal gun being fired at me from the psychopath ex-friend so paranoid of life now he has security cameras all around his parents' place according to his older brother and little sister that shares all the latest info I got on his actions lately, let alone any sad actions of their mother.)

My whole life has been a firey dumpster train ride that doesn't like to end some track cars you'll find a nice pool to put out the fire for next year's car but then something comes along and starts the fires again. (I don't mean to come off sounding like such a heavy pessimistic, especially since personally I see myself having the most optimism out of my family full of pessimistic people, but after years of the rollar coaster of just my own life cycle I'd love for a few good years of those firey dumpster train cars being not on fire and just being extinguished for a solid good three to four years fully. Cause going 2019 dead pet, then dead father, bad roommate/tenant into to 2020 with losing ex-friend when just trying to warn him about ex-tenant/roomy kindly, to being hated by ex-friend's parents for he got them to hate me & the big bad of 2020, to then hitting 2021 with family issues, & money issues, 2022 I got lucky and fixed money issues for them to then just reappear in early 2023 here and stick around. I'm kind of not my optimistic self atm fully I can be optimistic still, but with life I'm all "yeah no can't do it for my own mine sucks arse.")

I wont lie the parenting methods of my older niece and her new husband Mike confuse me highly and I feel sorry for all of those children as they headed to Alabama and now when living there.
I'm super grateful the kids are going into a real school now, but I'm bummed knowing they'll be sent into special education for the ones all old enough to be in school atm cause they are so far behind the teenagers can't even read. They're smart kids but it's sad knowing they can't even read for the ones whom should be able to read most! But moving on, the kids are all going to eventually be living with their step-father's mother whom sounds way to rough af in my mind for she has a strict belief system and hearing Mike talk about it I struggled not to say stuff like "So because you and I slouched on the couch relaxing she'd think we're both r-tard failures as you said she would think that." as Mike shared how she thought and was on her rule system getting after Aaron for slouching to rest after walking in the hot Summer sun with me and the other kids with Sasha. (Really hope granny whatever is Mike's last name is for I do not know he's that new to me, doesn't go actively being rough with calling the kids r-tards, failures and such simply because they go to relax, for a number of reasons. One being my own aunt thinks same way and I disowned her when I was only five for she was being a horrible lady to me whom was only slouching on furniture due to being deeply saddened by fact of her own dead sister aka my mother, and two being because the kids wont have much family other than Mike's family up in Alabama unless our side of family members magically decide to move up there themselves which I doubt will happen. So sadly they're just left with their parents & whomever all is up with them on Mike's side of family as family in Alabama. And it's not so easy to be all if they got issues and need to relax come over to us here as we're miles upon miles away so only offer we can do is voice/video chat with us on discord or someplace to talk it all out, which does help some but not as much as having family members actually be by them to comfort them in rough moments of life. And those kids are already anti-parents for Mike is like his mother I'll assume after tales, and Regina my older niece is too distracted by her work trying to gain money to raise the army of kids.)

As for myself I'm not wanting to sound cruel as cruel gets but hearing Regina tell me the tale of Austin in past and how he was I wanted to be all "So why the hell did you wait so long to leave him! If he started being a shite bag towards you before Tyla was born even forcing you to have more kids as you say through threats could you not have ran away into the women's bathroom and called family, 911, or literally anything!?" but life is life she done what she did and waited until after her kids came forward and said something was wrong with Austin's actions.
And it's awful for she needs to talk to the many of them whom recall their dad more about him than she had for some kids are still confused and want him back in their life, while others effected by him are wishing he was dead already and with the devil suffering for his actions.
But now for the crueler bits of me imo, Regina and Mike both need to make up their gfd minds on what they want as rules for the kids & pull some sticks out of their arses for other things like allow all the kids to watch all the HP series for they're good & if they got questions like how can they do magic you do what you do for literally all their cartoons and say "It's a fantasy movie made by somebody." only instead of saying "-that was animated." you say "that they hired live actors to act out and used some special movie effects to seem realistic as they could make it." and for TMNT I get you adults may not agree with changes of some of the new TMNT cause they grew up with the 1987 and 2003 TMNT (Cause heck I grew up with 2003 and 2012, and I knew of 1987 from family members.) they are going to be fine seeing the new stuff and it is still TMNT just they got changes of personality of the turtles for different versions make them different for they always have done so like 2012 Raph is an arse with a heart as he does a lot of mean things to each sibling but mostly Mikey that inner Mikey was quite afraid of him he kept his distance while other inner Mikey's representing other moods and behaviors sometimes got defensive back at him tired of his bullying, 1987 Raph is crude with a heart & not really horrible as he could have been being an 80's turtle let's be honest (but I'm also still, watching the series online whe, 2003 Raph is kind but a bit of a bully to his brother Mikey, Rise of TMNT Raph is literal Teddy Bear made to be the eldest brother but was given the flaw of being destructive when feeling alone or abandoned by his family. And lastly Mutant Mayhem Raph is the newest Raph and we got no idea until the movie is out how he'll be fully. But Mike stops the kids from watching any TMNT that has made April O'Neil not Caucasian, and he even banned them from watching more of the 2012 TMNT cause of literally other kids that were at their home once that later turned into he hated them watching it for Casey Jones and April O'Neil were teenagers and he grew sick of kids being kids asking which characters they were and whom they would be. (which we all know we as kids use to do as that's called using your imagination to play.) But I'm most upset when asking Regina if it was cool she was all defeated and let Mike's dumbarse rule rule over letting her kids see some TMNT when they were here and Mike was gone even though she personally had zero issues herself if they seen it. (And I'm upset for most of our movies and shows on the Plex account list is mainly adult focused with a few nostalgia flicks, anime which none of those kids know of, and some random things we got for we wanted to check them out.)

But mostly I feel bad for all those kids cause of how Mike is going with the rules he makes, and their new home is in his family's turf so there is going to be many many rules made by Mike and possibly his mother more than rules of Regina's own creation if she even makes any rules anymore now for her own kids, as seeing how she was with even trying to go showing them RotTMNT movie on plex, in my mind her making any rules died hearing her let Mike control the shows the kids watch simply cause of his own personal preferences even when he was not around here out preparing things to move to Alabama. (Add in the heck of if we all did stuff then we wouldn't have spent 3/4s of the whole day watching the same old movie for nearly four whole straight days they were over here. And trust me much as I love Megamind after seeing it for the fifth time in one day you kind of want to blow up a DVD & then be all "I got no idea what happened to it." while you know what happened for you destroyed it to save your soul from draining from seeing it too much times.)

With TMNT I was hoping to watch it for something new (as before then I never seen the RotTMNT movie after I spent the time to watch all the series online.) so I was trying to see it and have the kids distracted for bonus points as the kids love them some TMNT & that makes me happy being a lover of TMNT myself.
But finishing up before my technology craps out as I just fought my computer to stay on seconds ago now I'm finishing off with saying this only; I pray Regina doesn't let Mike and his family run all the kids' life for seeing that happen would make me feel the kids lost their life, and I know that pain seeing as I lost mine as a kid caring for my father before even fully stepping in after dropping out of school to fully care for him. {As for computer stuff I'm going to be dealing with all that to see what is up now for I do not need my computer trying to die on me, specially now with Amanda returning for July here and the fact we're all going to sadly mostly online only still with Roll20 play Demon the Fallen, plus being a technology person having failed tech annoys me highly and I already got cellphone issues for tech atm I don't need to add a whole arse computer.}  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:41 pm
Tobi Kaito

Good neighbors, or even neutral neighbors, are better than bad neighbors, for sure. Our last place, we had a gaggle of college kids move in across the hall, which would have been fine, except they had ONE guy, ONE, that just... holy butts, he was the worst. We could hear him, clearly, even while he was inside their apartment, he was that loud. Like, I had my mom on speaker once and he came back and she could hear him in the hall. And they would have, just, a TON of people over for parties on the regular, and would get absolutely blitzed, and I KNOW only a couple of them were of age. (How do I know? Because I could hear them discussing their friggin' ages and birthdays. Loud Guy even had the audacity to call one of the girls they had over OLD for being, like, twenty-three, twenty-four? And just, like, wow, that's a great way to never get laid for the rest of your life, bud.) I could have practically written a biography on that jerk by the time we moved out, ugh...
Our neighbors here at our current place have all been decent so far, though. I could hear the sex life of a previous neighbor far more than I would have liked, and she was also quite loud, I could hear her every word through the walls. I, uh, eventually decided to be a creepy little gremlin and start commenting on her conversations since she insisted on being so loud. >>; (And I know it was her being loud, we have a different person in that apartment now, and we hear him only rarely, and not clearly like that prior tenant.) She wasn't particularly bad, though, just a minor annoyance. Frustrating, to be sure, but tolerable. (Though I did regularly consider the pros and cons of violence when she and her man were up to shenanigans at, like, one, two in the morning.)

You were basically the only one watching out for him at the time, and you were still a literal child, so it makes sense not to have known it then. Like, unless he had realized something was weird (unlikely, considering the ailment) and went in on his own, there's just no way you'd have known at that age. Plus it's only been recently that places have been more on top of screening for/noticing things like that, but even still most require another adult to be like "hey, something's been off, we should check that out."

Eh, there are more ways to be smart than being school grades smart, I'm not the sort to judge a person on things like that. The world could really use more people to be like that, but alas... But you've nothing to fear from me! I'm a giant creampuff with a bleeding heart, I reserve judgment on pretty much everything until someone is a jagoff to me. Appearance, book smarts, degree of education, cultural background, none of that matters to me so long as you're generally a decent person. (And of course, there's a difference for me between "decent person fighting back" and "being a giant jerk for no good reason." )
I've been on the receiving end enough, no need for me to add to the world's misery levels, honestly. (Though most of the people judging me were about things like my romantic orientation, my preferred style of dress, my beliefs, and being "too" smart. Nothing to intimidate small town classmates like an intelligent person who can construct a good argument and fight back. Hilariously, most of my friends in school were the kids everyone else deemed "dumb." I feel like that says a lot about certain kinds of people.)

It's amazing the kinds of things you can learn by simply being willing to be a neutral listener. emotion_kirakira Also the things you can learn when people consider you too low to be a threat and just, keeping your ears and eyes open. My beau and I know so many things...

Nah, I get it, one hundred percent. I'm always edgy whenever something good happens to me because I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. Like, I can never seem to have anything good happen and have it end at that, usually something bad follows, and my beau is the same way. (Our favorite example is when we started going out, it was like "Congrats, you've won the girlfriend lottery, but now your dog is dead!" because his dog died the evening after we got together.)

Yeah, not gonna lie, I am genuinely concerned for those children. Resting isn't bad, resting is, in fact, a GOOD thing. gives body and mind time to recover, can be helpful when you're trying to work out a solution to a particular problem, so for someone to think any time not spent actively doing something is bad, big yikes. But also, by that token, wouldn't sitting down to have a meal also be bad? Like, should we be like horses, put on the nose bag, keep working while we eat? Sigh, I just don't understand people and their absurd beliefs...

I can understand her waiting so long to leave the Bad One, though. There's a lot of complicated psychology behind Bad Relationships. Especially if the bad portion of the relationship is manipulative. Frequently, those people on the receiving end of a bad actor believe they deserve what they get, and/or that they won't be able to find anything better or make it on their own, so they HAVE to stay. I know it always looks absurd from the outside, like "they did WHAT and for HOW long, why didn't you drop them immediately???" But it's not that simple, usually things start okay, and then once you've put so much time and effort into a thing, well, you don't really want to give up on it and be a quitter, or have to start over from nothing. I mean, my parents stayed together until I was, mm, thirteen, fourteen or so? And my father was not a great person. He wasn't awful, mind, he wasn't physical with us or anything, and I never realized anything was wrong with our living situation with him until I was, like, eighteen, but he was a manipulative, controlling dirtbag. He drove off all my mom's friends whenever she managed to make them, and she wasn't allowed to have her own money, really (I remember at one point in time she literally had an "allowance" from him), I had to be careful in the ways he got to see my friends or I'd have been in trouble and told to stop being friends with them (this literally happened; I had a friend with a joke email account that included "666" in it and he got so worked up over it and insisted I wasn't allowed to speak to her anymore), and I was always terrified he would find out I was friends with non-caucasian people. Had to literally turn down a guy that was interested in me once because my father would have ended me for courting an African American. There was also a HUGE list of things I wasn't allowed to watch or listen to or read. It's still kind of embarrassing, the things my beau and others consider "common" and basically everyone has seen them, but I'm over here clueless like "Uh, what is that other than something I wasn't allowed to see?"

But all of that is part of why I'm worried for the kids, because this guy seems to be doing a lot of the same policing that I eventually realized placed my father decidedly into the Bad Person category, and it's SUPER concerning, especially since they moved so far away from her family, to a place where the only family around is his own. Like, I'm for sure hoping I'm just projecting and being super paranoid, but it's still red flags. Especially when "not white April" is apparently such a big deal to him? Like, who cares about her ethnic background if she's still a good character? The melanin content of her skin doesn't change her characterization, so that seems like a really daft thing to get hung up on. Now, if the kids started doing bad things inspired by the show, sure, maybe stop them from watching it for a bit, at least long enough to make them understand they shouldn't be doing whatever bad things, that's a good reason to temporarily put a show or movie off limits. But just because of one character's skin color, or because the kids are super into it and want to know which character they're most like? Bad reasons, for sure.

I can't really comment on the "watch a movie enough times in a certain period of time" bit, though, because I'm guilty of being That Person even as an adult. cat_sweatdrop My beau still knows all the words to Rise of the Guardians and Big Hero 6 because I watched them so many times... I, uh, even corrupted the data on our external drive where we had the movie files stored because of how many times those specific parts of the disk were read. Though I do know the pain of trying to find something new for kids to watch. My aunt's kids had something like three go-tos and my mom would get SO tired of them, I often had to swoop in with my vast collection of kid-friendly films to save her sanity. (You know, to help make up for my obsessive watching tendencies as a kid, wearing out VHS cassettes because I insisted on watching the same few movies over and over and over again.) Like, "Yeah, sorry, Transformers is done for the day, how about Fantastic Mr. Fox instead?" Ah, if only I could have shown them Gundam, I'm sure they'd have like that. Or old-school Voltron.

Hope you work out those computer issues! It's always a pain troubleshooting power up issues. Like, is something wrong in the boot sequence, or is it hardware? If it's hardware, which piece is my problem child? On a laptop, the culprit is generally the battery or your charging cord, but if you have a built PC (like me!), there are SO many possible causes... PSU going bad, loose/faulty connections, some other piece of hardware misbehaving. If you've done a recent hardware upgrade, you also have to consider whether your PSU has enough oomph to handle the new piece(s). Or, in the case of installing a new CPU, whether it got messed up in shipping and is DOA. (I've had this happen once. Postal service mishandled my CPU and shorted it out or something, it was absolutely dead, and it took SO MUCH work to figure out the new part was our problem.) And then for all the absolute crazies out there with open air cases, the chance of shorting out your build is absurdly high. Like, we literally had a friend fry half his hardware because he saw an open air case and was like "ooh, pretty" and never stopped to consider that he OWNS CATS and that them and their hair might be something of a problem. It... took a lot of effort to not outright laugh in his face after it happened because, wow, buddy, what did you expect with those odds stacked against you like that? cat_lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:59 pm
Basically my cats every time they want something from me.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:14 pm
Queen Spazzy

I like to have good and neutral neighbors mostly (obviously though that is of course just like everyone.) when it comes to having neighbors. The onw annoying one we had moved out unknown to me and we got another new neighbor next door idk when. (my guess is the new one came around once we dealt with the BS of Austin times around here.) Which all I can say is that I am extremely grateful for that cause the old one there which was the new one from the elderly woman whom I recalled living in it before all of them now with 2019 - current which I never learned the real name of but stuck to calling her Karen was too buddy buddy with my ex-tenant/roommate I booted out ages ago now to the point of I feel she was romantically interested in him. (which if she was I say good luck finding the scum & enjoy it once when you find him he mooches of you as he is a leech like that. Though honestly I would feel bad for you some cause even for an annoying af Karen like you Karen, I do not wish that awfulness; But I wont stop it from happening cause you kept calling the police on us just for the dog peeing in your yard from the fence between us both making up how we took the dog over to let it make mess in your yard all the time to the point I could tell even the police of town grew sick of your BS, which honestly I feel is why you moved possibly if anything for your beloved to call police quit coming for all your calls eventually.)

Bad as it is to say, it feels like life wouldn't be life without at some point in it you end up overhearing life's grandest pleasure between two people behind closed doors time. (mine sadly just happened to be when I was quite young and living with my father and my older was a teenager at the time niece Regina as she experimented with her sexual preferences. Thankfully I was young and dumb to reality of those kind of talks with people so I innocently thought terms like Flash meant they had a camera in there & when they were laughing from enjoying themselves too much I just mostly thought teenagers were weird people whom laughed about their pictures, and went right back to bed.) Sadly both my homes childhood and current are thin walls unlucky for us all, so no matter I will overhear those pillow talk moments.

Aye it was a rough time I wish we learnt a lot more things in our school system and also that our school system wasn't ran how it was with teachers out right canceling a whole lesson just cause some talking kid, but yet they still gave the annoyingly hard to do test after you lost like sixteen lessons in the week for flipping Gabby can't keep her gab shushed. (But that was also back in school and we're all adults now so there is no point being still grumpy about it really, though my nerd side still is grumpy for it now wonders all we missed learning.) But moving onto focus of the Alzheimer's case I wish even then when I hit high school I would have known the signs of Alzheimer's a lot better, but my school didn't dare go into anything of that deep nature even when the staff seen my father had issues. (Unless they also were confused on signs somehow; Then I really see no reason there wasn't any teacher or staff member able to pull me aside someday and be all "Hey, can we talk about your father's health cause I believe he has Alzheimer's." or something close to nature of concern for me as I shown the signs of living with it obviously with having more times I passed out asleep in classes, lack of energy from my lack of sleep being up to help my father, & etc.)

My family & sadly my town here takes way too much pride in the school smarts only case. xp And it's the thing driving me to run off elsewhere most in life if I could as it sucks being seen as an idiot to the whole town for there is only 7,000 of us and it seems every nook and cranny has some jerk whom is all for school smarts and has to shiz on me for having dropped out of school to care for my father. (thankfully there is the very small sum of people in town that know of it and keep me loving this town still too.)

I'm concerned for the kids and also Regina, mainly for if Mike is a bad person himself she's back in another bad relationship after getting out of one. gonk And she's already seeming quite defeated in personality for it by letting Mike run the programs on what the kids can and can not see for any reason he has. (and although we may not be the tightest of family members, cause she has a past of tormenting me in ways that makes our relationship a weird rocky kind, even if she's all better now as an adult.) I care for Regina and want her not being in another controlled fully by him kind of relationship for I do understand the roughness of getting out of rocky relationships, and really I'm praying that if there is another bad time she'll do all she said of doing after leaving Austin with being all "if I end up in a bad case like that again I will hide out in a private women only restroom and contact somebody about it happening."

As for talk of rough relationships I wont lie my family has had rocky relationships a lot in our lives with cheaters, & our newer few are the klepto and ditch family Leilo my brother Jon's ex-wife for at least ten years now (so it's old by now but still a newer case not oif cheaters.), & although he also cheated on her Regina's ex-husband Austin whom is a case of CP was confirmed by police & Austin is also confirmed to have abused Regina and the kids when not getting his way as now being so far away from him the kids are opening up about Austin's behavior much more with no fear of being found by Austin.

As for re-watching movies I'm also just as bad, but I feel it also adds into the matter of if I picked it out, for if I grabbed it then I wanted to watch it myself over it being grabbed and re-watched by others where it comes off as annoying by then.
Course it could also be the fact of just being annoyed by children atm, as I was asleep and then suddenly six kids burst in & I had to get all "ah frick guess it's awake hours now..." ad wake up fully and put on the morning friendly smile of not being disturbed by the masses while we put Megamind back on again over and over til my inner mind was all evil and started to be all "Turn the language to another one and put on some English subtitles so it detours them all!!!" and then the evil won as eventually after replaying the movie a lot you want to mix it up.

My computer is good now I think it wanted to update oddly as I did an update and now it hasn't tried shutting off again suddenly. (though it's a weird way t say it wanted an update I will admit, but build your on PCs have always been weird ones.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:11 pm
Tobi Kaito

Well, at least the troublesome Karen has moved on. Nosy neighbors and neighbors that always seem to be out to pick a fight are the pits. Like, don't these people have anything better to do with their time than call the cops over a little dog wee in their grass? Cripes.

Hah, yeahhh, I have plenty of experience with overhearing... passionate interactions. cat_lol When I lived with my uncle, him and his then wife having a tumble was frequently the background noise to my research and essay writing. Plus I lived in a dorm at uni for a year, and we all know how that goes. Let's just say, headphones are one of the greatest inventions known to man.

Wow, canceling a lesson instead of just, y'know, kicking the chatty Kathy out of the classroom? That seems like overkill, and also like a great way to ruin state test scores. (I mean, if you have them, I've no idea, both of the states I was schooled in had state-mandated tests.) My teachers for sure would have just tossed the offender into the hall and given them detention or something, but the school I graduated from is tiny and the teachers actually care about, well, teaching. (For the most part, anyway, there were some alleged less-than-stellar people on staff, but I never experienced them.) I think it is strange that no adult aver asked if something was wrong or thought to speak up about any issues they observed. Then again, if they don't care enough about the students to actually teach a lesson, I suppose anything deeper than that is certainly off the books, too. Which is just really disappointing to me.

Bleh, people like that suck. Seriously, book smarts aren't everything in life! FFS, Joan... Kind of like how degrees mean basically nothing in the modern world since everyone has one. And you don't even need one to be successful. It's all so infuriating.

Yeah, I really hope she and the kids stay safe! No one should be mistreated like that or controlled or manipulated. Safe, happy, healthy, everyone deserves to be those things.

Cheaters are also incredibly low life-forms to me. My father was that kind of person, so I have a lot of Not Good feelings about such behavior. To the point where I hate when I'm reading a book and get blindsided by adulterous acts occurring in the plot. Just, no. I don't want to see it, I don't want to read about it, I don't want to hear it in anything I'm consuming for my own enjoyment. So to be both, well, I'm sure there's a special place somewhere for people like that.

And here I thought I was the only adult still obsessively rewatching things like that. I suppose there really is a difference between choosing it yourself and being subjected to it by someone else, though. I don't really have problems with having to sit through the same movie or show a dozen times with a kid (I've plenty of experience with it; my cousins and their Transformers obsession, my uncle's youngest and his obsession with the original TMNT movies, my godchildren and the Cars movies, kids of my mom's friends and Racing Stripes [they loved that zebra for whatever reason], and practically all of the younger kids that my mom has ever watched have had a thing for Dora or Diego), but I know it drove my mom batty.
Hah, when I took Spanish in school, we watched a LOT of movies with Spanish audio and English subtitles. But as a weeb kid, I've been used to that sort of thing for ages, sometimes the dubs just suck, and sometimes subbed is your only choice. I've also had a thing for foreign films for ages. Can't appreciate Guillermo del Toro's full range of work without watching a few films in Spanish, after all!

Ah, maybe it was a "critical" update or something. Those usually get forced at some point whether the user gives explicit consent or not. And sometimes the updates take more than one boot sequence to install, for whatever reason, it's irksome. =w=;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:15 pm
I'm not sure why, but moonwalking Garfield greatly amuses me.

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 369 370 371 372 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games