Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Andor
Giang Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Esole attempted a reassuring smile, not sure she'd been very successful. "No, it's nothing," she said, shaking her head then trying to hide a wince at the pain the motion had caused her by feigning a yawn and looking away.
"I probably just hit my head or some such," she said, feeling suddenly lightheaded. Swaying back and forth on the bed, she fell to her side with a quiet thud. "I think I'll just retire for the night," she said, trying to act as if the motion of falling over had been completely intentionally. Darkness slipped over her before she had completely closed her eyes. She hadn't even realized the sun was just rising.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Kiae narrowed her eyes at Melthin's tone, and knew her anger was clear to her Warders through the Bond. She glanced at Cobain, and got to her feet. "I may need you to discipline him soon," she muttered under her breath, wondering at Esole's behavior.
And worried.
She strode up the stairs, not even ordering food, and remained at the door. "Let me see her," she ordered, knowing Ethin would not argue with her.

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:39 am

Ethin looked up, startled by Kiae's arrival. He had drifted to sleep against the wall after Esole and Melthin had come in.
"As you wish," he said, noticing the command her in voice. He opened the door and waited for her to walk in before he followed and shut the door behind himself.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:08 am

Kiae crouched on the floor next to the bed, examining Esole with a worried frown. There was something off about her, but Kiae couldn't sense anything by just looking.
"Sorry for doing this without permission," she said dryly, moving to sit on the bed and resting her palms on Esole's head. Delving into the weaves, she passed through the Bonding weaves and checked those quickly - nothing seemed to be wrong, and she continued.
Kiae bit her lip in frustration as she searched for anything odd, and gasped when she finally hit something. Or rather, didn't. It wasn't saidin or saidar, and she quickly pulled back out before it could affect her.

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:46 am

Lazily, Esole worked open her eyes and had to force them to stay open. "Hello there," she said with a weak smile. She couldn't quite put a finger on what she was feelings. Everything just seemed.. Odd.
"You are looking good this evening," she said with a devilish grin. Part of her, somewhere deep inside, was telling her that something was not right. She shouldn't be speaking like some idiot. Yet, she couldn't grasp that part of her. It was like something was trying to take her over.
Soon the edges of her vision seemed to turn to white hot flame, her eyes seering. She shut her eyes instantly finding that the pain subsided with them shut. Slowly, she opened her eyes to tiny slits to the point where she could only just make out Kiae. "What's happening to me?" she mumbled, almost inaudibly.

-------

Sensing Kiae's unease and something weird about Esole, Ethin nearly leaped to the bedside next to Kiae. "What is the matter with her?" he said, trying not to sound frantic. He grabbed Esole head in his hands and peered intently at her, trying to see what the problem was. He felt something ooze over his fingers and was shocked to find blood.
Since Esole was hardly herself, he turned her around and found a small gash in the back of her head. "Blood and ashes! How did I not feel this in the Bond?" he growled to himself. In an instant, he was up and about, digging through Esole's bags grabbing bandages, thread, and a needle.
He sat back on the bed next to Esole with all the items spread out beside him. He grabbed the needle and thread in his hands, and stared hesitantly at Kiae, trying to see if he'd let her go through with this.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Kiae's eyes flickered between the two, her mind racing through possiblities quickly. "Use that as a last resort," she ordered, outstretching her fingers. She peered at Esole, and managed a reassuring smile.
"You'll be fine. Just wait a moment," she promised, wishing she believed herself. Possession? She had no idea what was going on, especially with that wound.
Closing her eyes, Kiae quickly channeled saidar and created the healing weaves, feeling them settle uneasily on Esole. They remained in place, however, once she secured them.
"It's as if saidar doesn't want to touch her," Kiae thought, the disturbing idea troubling her as she opened her eyes.

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:25 pm

"The True Power, I believe. I would have believed it would not have been able to be accessible with the Dark One sealed away," Esole said hazily, trying to focus on the situation at hand. It seemed as if her mind wanted her to sleep. It took all that was in her to stay awake and focused.
"Neither of us can sense it," she said, motioning to herself and Melthin. She rubbed her head in thought, glad to feel that the wound itself was gone, but unsettled at the fact that she could feel some sort of residue in the place it had been.

--------

Ethin's glance darted between the two Aes Sedai nearly in a panic. "By the odd feelings Esole's having and your obvious unease, I'm assuming there's something further happening though it appears the wound itself is gone," he said slowly, trying to piece everything together as he went along. He tried to calm himself but he knew his panic was obvious.
"Perhaps.. Perhaps we should go to the Black Tower. Obviously an Aes Sedai Healer as strong as yourself cannot fix it, and the only stronger I can think of is Nynaeve Sedai who is in the Borderlands. Maybe there is an Asha'man who knows of a way to cure Esole," he said, suddenly realizing that he might have offended Kiae. He hoped he had not but did not feel it was of great importance at the moment.
"Maybe later," he thought dismissively.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Kiae's eyes narrowed for a split second before she resumed an Aes Sedai calm, getting to her feet. "If an Aes Sedai cannot heal this, I very much doubt an Asha'man could do anything else besides study it," she said calmly. Her eyes rested on Melthin for a long moment as she said this, before returning to Ethin.
"I know of no Asha'man stronger than Nynaeve Sedai, and even she could not...Heal this," Kiae said, for lack of a better word. She spoke not from pride, but honesty. "Saidar has no effect, other than healing the wound. Saidin would be no better. I have had some experience with this, during the Last Battle as a Healer."
She hesitated, not sure anyone in the room would actually listen to her. Ethin was beside himself, and she wasn't sure how rational he would be - and it was critical not to lose control when facing something like this. She despised Melthin, but had a sinking feeling he was the only one capable of fully understanding what she had to say.

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:05 am

Scanning the people around, Esole noted that they were not at all in good spirits. She tried to wonder why, but she seemed incapable of controlling her own thoughts. Again she could not grasp that small ball of free will in the back of her mind. Her body yearned for sleep yet it did not need it. She wished she could tell the others of everything going on inside her, but her mouth would not speak the words.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Cobain resisted the strong urge to bash the door open, although it was already ajar. He forced himself to at least look like he was calm. "Something wrong? Stupid bloody question, I can feel something's wrong. Anything I can do?" He asked, closing the door behind him with his foot, bardiche in hand.

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Melthin stood there with his fingers massaging the bridge of his nose, his mind racing and pounding with half solutions and problems as he tried to find an answer to all of this. I will not have another die without a fight. I’ll bring the Dark One back and smite him down before I let this world take another wife from me. “This troubles me much. If the wound is that serious…” His words trailed as he came to the conclusion that he thought she might have been pointing to. “…then perhaps Saidar and Saidin need to both be used. But who will do it? And will it be enough? Or will it even work at all? Too many questions.” The unease in him was showing more and more as his mind started panicking. He stopped and looked to Kiae and stared, shaking his head a few times. They killed her. It’s their fault that she died. Can I trust her? The one that so despises me? He composed himself and blocked out all worry and fear as he looked to Kiae, not with distrust or hate but with a silent plea to not let the world come crashing down on him again that vanished after a moment. “Shall we try or do you have an alternative idea that would better help her?”
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Ethin growled at Cobain's entrance. He was furious. Furious that he had not been able to protect his Aes Sedai as was his duty. He suppressed his urge to grab someone's throat, knowing that killing someone wasn't the answer and would only hinder Esole's treatment.
He edged closer on the bed towards Esole and slipped an arm around her and rocked back and forth while he hummed softly, as he would with a child he was trying to comfort.

-------

Esole was hardly aware of Cobain's arrival, not even bothering to turn her head in his direction. She concentrated all she could on staying awake and keeping her eyes from opening too wide and bringing the pain of the light.
She mumbled softly when Ethin put an arm around her, but did not object. It felt oddly comforting. She had the urge to curl up with her knees to her chest and fall asleep on his lap as she used to with her father when she was a little girl.
Her eyes widened slightly before she could help it. The thought of Kiae actually working with Melthin was astounding. It was apparent the Yellow had no fond feelings for the man.
"But would she put them aside for my sake?" Esole thought worriedly. But soon her worry faded, almost to the point where she forgot why everyone was so concerned about her in the first place. She grasped at that thought with all her remaining willpower, trying not to let herself be lost in what was fuzzing her mind.

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:59 pm

Kiae set her teeth angrily, and glanced at Cobain out of the corner of her eye. She knew traveling with them would be trouble, and here it was. Having to allow a man like that Warder to not only channel, but to channel with her. She felt bile rise in her throat.
Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and tried to think. There wasn't much to think about, however. She was a Healer, and she'd be damned if she let anything get in the way of Healing someone, no matter what her personal feelings.
She turned to Melthin with an abrupt nod. "You will do as I say - I assume you know a healing weave. If not, we do nothing, you'll only kill her. If I think you're a threat to anyone in this room -"
"Me."
"-I'll have my Warder take you out before you realize it. Understand?" she spat out, her gaze daring the man to challenge her. She knew he was suspicious of her - the very idea that someone like him thought she was dishonest appaled her - and wished she could have Cobain or Andurael knock him about and leave him for the wolves.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:55 pm

The sounds of his own humming calmed Ethin and made him realize that he needed to keep himself cool. It was then that he felt the torrent of Kiae's feelings. He had been so overwhelmed with his own feelings that he hadn't realized how she was. He had an idea of what she was thinking and wasn't sure whether she should beat Esole's other Warder senseless as it would please Kiae, back him up as it would be sensible for Esole, or stay out altogether. He decided it would be best that he did the latter and would just try and keep things smooth.
"Forgive my.. rashness, Aes Sedai" he said slowly, addressing both of his Aes Sedai knowing that only Kiae would be able to understand him at the moment. "Let me not hinder whatever it is you are planning." He took a deep breath when he finished and hoped that Kiae would not be angry with him.

--------

Esole toyed with her hair as she nestled her head down in Ethin's lap as if it were a pillow. She hummed in tune to him and was slightly disappointed when he stopped to talk. She continued to hum to herself while Ethin began to stroke her hair as he would with a little child. She heard all they were saying, but it was as if she could not absorb the meanings of the words. They went right over her head.
She didn't even notice the tear trickling down her cheek as the only part of her brain that was still herself tried to take back control from the thing that seemed to be taking her over.

Professor Inky
Captain

-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games